Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: The story behind Keith playing bass in the Dirty Mac?
Posted by: stanlove ()
Date: October 18, 2015 18:55

DandelionPowderman
stanlove
DandelionPowderman
Turner68
lol!

it's amazing that Yoko's music became such a huge success in this past decade. still blows my mind.

She was a well-respected artist. ...

Please. You sound like her there. She was a con women.

Hey I just took a piss, while screaming, and throwing paint against my wall. I am an artist.

She was a well respected artist before John met her. That's a fact, like it or not.

Can you point me to her greatest piece of art before she met Lennon?

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: October 18, 2015 20:18

frankotero
I thought Keith was on bass was a better way to represent The Stones. That's my way of looking at it. Think he did a great job too.

Eggzactly what it came down to. Still, I can see why Bill might be hurt by it, but if he stepped back and thought about what it was, the people watching certainly would want to see Keith more than Bill. Admittedly I didn't even know Bill's name until I started getting into the Stones heavily

Redhotcarpet
Turner68
DandelionPowderman
That paragraph alone is loaded with mistakes smiling smiley

A Quick One is from... A Quick One, Bill...

I'm also pretty sure Keith could have vetoed himself in on any instrument he'd like in that super group. It was the Stones's show!

I don't think Lennon would agree to play unless it was the lineup he wanted.
You don't think it was the Stones that wanted them to perform one of Yoko's songs do you?

Wyman's screw-up of saying the Who played "Tommy" is great example of why we can't place too much emphasis on what one person says, especially if it is self-serving ("I wrote Jumping Jack Flash").

Bill Wyman never said he wrote JJF. He wrote the riff on keyboards.

So he stole the Stones own riff, which is basically a deviation of a few other songs? I hope they sued him for that.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: October 18, 2015 20:27

stanlove
DandelionPowderman
stanlove
DandelionPowderman
Turner68
lol!

it's amazing that Yoko's music became such a huge success in this past decade. still blows my mind.

She was a well-respected artist. ...

Please. You sound like her there. She was a con women.

Hey I just took a piss, while screaming, and throwing paint against my wall. I am an artist.

She was a well respected artist before John met her. That's a fact, like it or not.

Can you point me to her greatest piece of art before she met Lennon?

Not sure how well respected she was but there is plenty of evidence she was busy doing avant-garde and conceptual art in it's very early stages. Her book Grapefruit is an example of some of her early work before she met John. John met her at one of her exhibits by some accounts. A lot of her work was performance related and transitory, certainly not traditional and probably not very marketable.

But like her or not, John obviously did and that's all that really matters. She may have had ulterior motives for seducing John, but John was a willing participant and who can judge matters of the heart.

[en.wikipedia.org])

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 18, 2015 21:25

She was a part of the Fluxus Movement, and was well respected in the art world as an avante garde artist prior to meeting John Lennon.

Fluxus

Perhaps not everyone's cup of tea or idea of what good art is, but like all art > subjective.

Date: October 19, 2015 23:06

treaclefingers
duke richardson
one could possibly think, after reading Bill's remarks over the years, that

he didn't like Keith very much...

NOOOOO!
Say it isn't so!

If you watch this and pick out the English (or if you understand French), he says explicity that he prefers Mick to Keith as he (Keith) has displayed bully-like behaviour.
video: [www.youtube.com]

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: October 20, 2015 20:59

so yoko was a well respected artist and keith richards was a better bass player than bill wyman and john entwhistle.....

and you wonder why so few people post here anymore? at some point you just shake your head and leave.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: October 20, 2015 22:18

lem motlow
so yoko was a well respected artist and keith richards was a better bass player than bill wyman and john entwhistle.....

and you wonder why so few people post here anymore? at some point you just shake your head and leave.

lem, you did the same little dismissive, "they're all the same" post on another thread. Leave if you like, but just because one person or a few people write something, it doesn't mean everyone else feels the same way. You have to shake your head and wonder and people who believe that....why not counter with something more constructive?

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1705
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home