Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Great Set List SO FAR, but how long until the shidoobee tools complain about
Posted by: mickrichards1961 ()
Date: August 11, 2005 05:28

Cet Up Stand Up and the fact that there are now not enough warhorses. I say about 20 minutes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-08-11 05:30 by mickrichards1961.

Re: Great Set List SO FAR, but how long until the shidoobee tools complain about
Posted by: chippy ()
Date: August 11, 2005 05:34

screw the warhorses

Chippy you must be stupid. I was suggesting the shidobee tools would feel
Date: August 11, 2005 05:36

that me not me. I love the set list. Chippy is a nickname for a jackass.

Re: Great Set List SO FAR, but how long until the shidoobee tools complain about
Posted by: sdstonesguy ()
Date: August 11, 2005 05:36

Warhorses stink...but don't need to hear Get up...

Posted by: wawijr ()
Date: August 11, 2005 05:39

or Live with Me

Just what I would exopect from you sdstonesguytools would feel
Date: August 11, 2005 05:39

Get Up Stand up is a great song and something different and of course @#$%& like you criticize the band for doing something different and interesting.

Date: August 11, 2005 05:40

ya Dump Live with me

Live with Me is a great song I guess you want obscurities from Tattoo You and some girls chippy
Date: August 11, 2005 05:42

Shut up and enjoy what looks like a tour with an interesting set list. Drink bleach chippy.

Date: August 11, 2005 05:44

i like um all but live with me,,

Posted by: monkey man ()
Date: August 11, 2005 05:46

What the hell are you lot on about?

kyle m

Have you ever lent somebody $20 and never seen them again? It was probably worth it.

Date: August 11, 2005 05:50

Yeah, Live with me can go...BUT>>>>MR. PITIFUL?????? that is the tits...& should be the cover of the tour...

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: August 11, 2005 05:50

At least this brought Monkey Man out of the woodwork.

Date: August 11, 2005 06:28

I love how we're @#$%& for not wanting to hear Get Up....that boob probably would like to hear the Stones do Dust in the Wind & would call us @#$%& for not supporting it.

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: August 11, 2005 06:40

This is going to be a stretch, but how about the Rolling Stones play **&^%$#@ Rolling Stones songs.......shit, they've got so many great songs. They are not some fricking bar band that has to borrow shit. It just makes cringe. Play Beast, play Shattered, play Play With Fire, play, Rip This Joint, All Down The Line, Monkey Man.

Posted by: bigbang ()
Date: August 11, 2005 06:43

Sounds like a great setlist. Something for everybody. I bet get up stand up stays as a "replacement" for Sweet Neocon that I bet they won't play live so as not to piss anyone off (at least in the US). Mick can say something like, "and if you want to hear our take on the last song, please listen to our new CD!" or something like that.

Posted by: john r ()
Date: August 11, 2005 06:44

They pick covers that resonate, or that they dig, & I cant wait to hear them.

Posted by: drake ()
Date: August 11, 2005 07:01

Cant wait to hear a recording of the gig. Especially She's So Cold.

Posted by: Charles ()
Date: August 11, 2005 07:12

How about if the boys write a couple of new songs along the way that are not on the "Bigger Bang". After all this is their last tour because of Charlie's recent challenges. The Stones could surprise some people halfway through the tour. I can't wait to hear the B-sides from the cd singles.

Cheers from Phoenix, AZ

Craig

Posted by: RollingStonesRob ()
Date: August 11, 2005 07:38

The good thing about this tour is they are playing great new material. Something they haven't really had since 1994.

Posted by: Charles ()
Date: August 11, 2005 07:45

Oh yeah.... I much preferred Voodoo Lounge over the 1981 Tatoo You tour (my first time to see them in Dallas on 30/10/1981 which was a rainy saturday and we were cheated of a "satisfaction" encore that the halloween crowd got)

Yeah, 95-95 had "Out of tears" a great ballad, "Love is Strong" and "The Worst"

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: August 11, 2005 08:43

I'd have to agree with Shawn20 we'll never hear them all but we should be able to get just a few more rare ones in the place of the covers - i'm wishing for Dear Doctor or Memo From Turner or 100 Years ago or too many more come to mind - hearing "Like a Rolling Stone" for the first time in '97 was cool but after the 7th or 8th time, I was wishing that Dylan was singing it.

Posted by: Rockingfan ()
Date: August 11, 2005 09:40

I think the subject is very, very unfair. There are plenty of people on this board who complain about just everything. The album, the set list, the what ever and much more than they do on other boards.
So for one and all: It is fair to tell you oppinion even if it might be negative, but don't exaggerate and bring the same thing up 25 times.

Posted by: john r ()
Date: August 11, 2005 18:09

"Why dont they write some new songs along the way...not onABB" "Dump LWM", "Too many covers..." etc - jesus, sounds like a more guitar oriented approach, 6 brand new songs/ new covers, a few more rarely played, 19th radically rearranged...I Don't get the griping - sounds like they were all in great shape, rocked the house, & do people actually expect them to have an 80 or 90% different setlist from other tours? Since there is no consensus ("More early blues covers" "less covers" etc), they can't satisfy everyone, and if they'd gone out & done 1 or 2 new ones & 10 Hot Rocks, I'd be the first...but this looks - & bv's & David's reviews sound - verry encouraging! (btw I'll take Stand Up over She's so Cold anyday, not that I'm complaining - evidently they both kicked ass)

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: August 11, 2005 19:08

mickrichards1961 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Cet Up Stand Up and the fact that there are now
> not enough warhorses. I say about 20 minutes.

well on this thread on this board it only took eight minutes....

Date: August 11, 2005 19:23

If 19th was "radically rearranged" and punked up, that would be very cool. If it's the BtB version...it's good...not great.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1573
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home