Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Charlie's granddaughter
Posted by: Carnaby ()
Date: October 3, 2015 01:05

Re: Charlie's granddaughter
Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: October 3, 2015 02:02

Beautiful.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: October 3, 2015 02:12

Like the tattoo.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: October 3, 2015 02:42

Wow, a model. How very unusual! I would admire a celebrity kid who actually made something on behalf of their own. A teacher, skilled worker or whatever. Except model or "designer". That would surprise me!

Posted by: BILLPERKS ()
Date: October 3, 2015 06:07

Stoneage
Wow, a model. How very unusual! I would admire a celebrity kid who actually made something on behalf of their own. A teacher, skilled worker or whatever. Except model or "designer". That would surprise me!

Have any of them done anything of substance?

Posted by: camper88 ()
Date: October 3, 2015 06:52

Stoneage

Not sure why designers get a bad rap . . . if they're actually designing things. Jony Ive does alright.

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: October 3, 2015 07:03

camper88
Stoneage

Not sure why designers get a bad rap . . . if they're actually designing things. Jony Ive does alright.

one of keith's daughters illustrated a children's book...

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: October 3, 2015 08:01

BILLPERKS
Stoneage

Have any of them done anything of substance?

We are a bit presumptuous to measure the value of people by what they chose to do for money. Without knowing Miss Charlotte all I can say is I am grateful for the information, set lists and art she provided to all us fans and the obvious happiness and support she gave to Charlie by her presence. She is probably the sweetest and most adorable kid you can imagine, let her find her way in the world before you choose to judge her I say. Plenty of time for her to do more "admirable" things. eye rolling smiley Go get 'em Charlotte!

Posted by: Librarian ()
Date: October 3, 2015 08:53

They are artists kids/grandkids- why wouldn't they be in creative fields? I love the fact Charlie hated the tattoo. He's a great grandfather.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: October 3, 2015 09:35

Nice girl. Cool T-shirt

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: October 3, 2015 10:28

There is nothing creative about wearing clothes for a living because you have famous DNA and good looks. But to be fair, when you grow up living that lifestyle knowing that you have all the dough you will ever need, it's hard to do anything but live the jet set lifestyle. I'm sure I would do the same, so it's not to judge her, why not cash in on the family name, etc.? Everybody needs something to do and what's easier than getting your pic taken?

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: October 3, 2015 10:37

She's an 18 year old kid. Trying to find her place in the world. Artistic, arores her Gramps. Pretty tough, judging someone who hasn't had a chance to figure out who she is yet. Let the kid grow up first. Feck!

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: October 3, 2015 11:20

The tattoo doesn't fit with her fine, patrician features. Poor Charlie when he learned of it!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-10-03 22:35 by Title5Take1.

Posted by: Satisfaction ()
Date: October 3, 2015 13:06

Thank you Grandpa!

Date: October 3, 2015 15:10

SomeTorontoGirl
She's an 18 year old kid. Trying to find her place in the world. Artistic, arores her Gramps. Pretty tough, judging someone who hasn't had a chance to figure out who she is yet. Let the kid grow up first. Feck!

You're right, STG. She's still a kid. I was a bit quick to judge her. I just hope she becomes something else than a model when she, eventually, grows up. In the end, though, that is her decision to take, not mine.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: October 3, 2015 15:43

Rokyfan
There is nothing creative about wearing clothes for a living because you have famous DNA and good looks...

my bad, i didn't realize creativeness was a requirement for ones livelihood.

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: October 3, 2015 16:27

WHy should the off spring of the wealthy have to do anything at all...we work to earn money to pay the bills...they don;t need to worry about that. I'm sure all of us given the choice would prefer to be involved in creative things rather than the dull, tortuous 9-5 which steals the best years of your life and spits you out the other end at a point where your body is well into disintegration.

If I had parents who were rock stars there would be no way I'd volunarily work unless it was in an area of say music, the arts or travel.. I guess Marlon bucked the trend as didn't he go into some sort of financial work?

Work is evil, it is enforced on us and causes us untold physical and mental harm...it's a miracle we are here in the first place but then to be forced to spend 40-50 years of this one shot at life working is criminal but that's the way most of the world is.

Good luck to all the children of musicians, I hope they pursue whatever they feel is their way in the world - creativity is always superior to paper shuffling, computer work or factory production lines. Oh and you can add teaching to that list as well - did it for years.

Posted by: undertheradar ()
Date: October 3, 2015 16:37

crumbling_mice
WHy should the off spring of the wealthy have to do anything at all...we work to earn money to pay the bills...they don;t need to worry about that. I'm sure all of us given the choice would prefer to be involved in creative things rather than the dull, tortuous 9-5 which steals the best years of your life and spits you out the other end at a point where your body is well into disintegration.

If I had parents who were rock stars there would be no way I'd volunarily work unless it was in an area of say music, the arts or travel.. I guess Marlon bucked the trend as didn't he go into some sort of financial work?

Work is evil, it is enforced on us and causes us untold physical and mental harm...it's a miracle we are here in the first place but then to be forced to spend 40-50 years of this one shot at life working is criminal but that's the way most of the world is.

Good luck to all the children of musicians, I hope they pursue whatever they feel is their way in the world - creativity is always superior to paper shuffling, computer work or factory production lines. Oh and you can add teaching to that list as well - did it for years.

+1 thumbs up

Date: October 3, 2015 16:38

LeonidP
Rokyfan
There is nothing creative about wearing clothes for a living because you have famous DNA and good looks...

my bad, i didn't realize creativeness was a requirement for ones livelihood.

you lost me there. Creativity (that's the noun, not creativeness) is not a requirement for anything, although it is useful in whatever you do. As I said, I agree with those who think its foolish to expect the children of the rich to be anything other than hedonistic; not a knock just a practical observation. Writing songs that people all over the world love is creative. Modeling clothes is not creative. That doesn't mean it's bad, it just has nothing to do with any creative ability it has to do with one's name, gender and looks, that's all. I'm not knocking the kid, she's doing what anyone would do, including me. Cashing in on her name. I was responding to the poster who said that offspring of creative people should be expected to also do creative things, apparently offering modeling as an example, which is rubbish.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: October 3, 2015 16:40

Marlon was the editor (and/or publisher?) of a magazine for a while there. I don't know about finance ...
Charlotte looks great. Whatever the Stones' offspring do is fine with me - it's not like it's any of my business.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-10-03 16:41 by with sssoul.

Posted by: Librarian ()
Date: October 3, 2015 16:42

Rokyfan
LeonidP
Rokyfan

I disagree. Models set the mood and present clothes in context- they are more than hangers.
In some ways, models are often selected b/c they embody the style the designer is going for.

Date: October 3, 2015 16:53

Librarian

I disagree. Models set the mood and present clothes in context- they are more than hangers.
In some ways, models are often selected b/c they embody the style the designer is going for.
yeah, you're right. It's just like writing Gimme Shelter, writing Slaughterhouse Five or painting Guernica. Walk this Way.

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: October 3, 2015 17:10

one more model ...not very original !!

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: October 4, 2015 01:47

Char is at least a nice young lady. Whenever she has chosen to speak to me she has been pleasant, and whenever I have seen her and she does not come over I have respected her privacy. I have also had the pleasure of meeting Theo, Jade, Leah all of whom have been very polite ( and one who I shall not name can keep up with anyone I know standing at the bar lol).

It is easy to stand on the outside and be judgemental. A denied subtle envy running as an undercurrent based on the finacial ease and gurantee these youngsters all share is there. During this last tour however, especially in one poignant situation in Australia, I was exposed to a side of this that we do not consider. These young people are barraged by attention from people whose sole goal is to get into what they percieve as the "inside." They live with strangers gawking at them, pointing at them, whispering behind them all the time. They do not choose their celebrity status like parents and grandparents did. Their fame is an accident of birth. On tour they are surrounded by security with jobs to limit and direct where they can go and when. Security can and does come out and whisk them away in mid conversation, something I have trouble seeing most teens approaching 20 dealing with well. They do not have the freedoms that most youngsters do. There is no way even when she is 20 that Char is stepping out for an unplanned weekend away while she is on tour. She is not on her own to do what she wants with whom she wants, an army of private security will be out there to retrieve her. Who she sees and talks to is much more controlled than 99% of the young people her age ever dreamed of, and none of this is anything any of us can really imagine.

I am not saying she is suffering, I don't think she is ready to be sainted, I am just saying that when we think that these youngsters are priveldged, there is a dark side to the priveledge. It is a life in a guilded cage.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-10-04 03:03 by kahoosier.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: October 4, 2015 02:01

Interesting side trip this thread has taken. When I was at the Bobby Keys tribute show in Nashville, I confess that I did glance behind me several times, okay LOTS of times, to look at the Stones and their entourages. This included several of the daughters. Later on, I actually thought about what you just wrote, kahoosier. They didn't ask to be famous, they were just out for a night with their parents, to honor and remember a family friend, who also happened to be famous. It must be a very strange world for them.

Date: October 4, 2015 02:22

Bollocks. She doesn't have to follow them on tour. No one have forced her. And if she shuns the limelight: Why become a model?

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: October 4, 2015 02:38

That's not the point...and why not become a model? Kids often follow their parents or wider circle of family friends into a profession. One of my son's best friends wants to be a dentist because his father is one. I know plenty of juniors of various professions. You are looking down on her because of what she has chosen to do. If both her parents were teachers, then you would find it admirable.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 4, 2015 02:49

She's damn fine looking if I say so myself, so why not become a model?! thumbs up

As for her artwork, maybe leaves a bit to be desired (Alligator poster), but that's just a personal opinion.
She was also behind the fine Raleigh poster (Howling wolf at the moon), but it was later revealed it was a collaboration between her and another established artist.

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: October 4, 2015 03:16

Hairball, my understanding , and I may be misinformed, is that her involvemnt with the alligator poster was bascially pasting the tongue onto someone else's art work.

In no way am I saying any of these young people are saints, making wise decisions, or any of that. All I am trying to say is that they are a product of their environment. If they decide to say "screw it" to the traditional Protestant Work Ethic that is the standard of behavior in the industrial word and use their position and whim to become fashion designers and models we criticise while we idolize their elders for pissing on gas station walls and displaying 5 decades of bad behavior.

"She could leave the tour" Do we know that? Maybe this is a family's decision, right or wrong , to give direction and order to a young person's life that lacks both. I would not want my daughter to make the choices some of these young people have made, I would not want my child to be exposed to the pressure that these youngsters had. Marlon got to see the world before he was 10, by law my position as an MD would require me to report two heroin addicts raising a young man on the run to child protective services. Was it wonderful for him, was it hell?

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 4, 2015 03:40

kahoosier
Hairball, my understanding , and I may be misinformed, is that her involvemnt with the alligator poster was bascially pasting the tongue onto someone else's art work.

In no way am I saying any of these young people are saints, making wise decisions, or any of that. All I am trying to say is that they are a product of their environment. If they decide to say "screw it" to the traditional Protestant Work Ethic that is the standard of behavior in the industrial word and use their position and whim to become fashion designers and models we criticise while we idolize their elders for pissing on gas station walls and displaying 5 decades of bad behavior.

"She could leave the tour" Do we know that? Maybe this is a family's decision, right or wrong , to give direction and order to a young person's life that lacks both. I would not want my daughter to make the choices some of these young people have made, I would not want my child to be exposed to the pressure that these youngsters had. Marlon got to see the world before he was 10, by law my position as an MD would require me to report two heroin addicts raising a young man on the run to child protective services. Was it wonderful for him, was it hell?

Interesting - the splotchy goofy looking alligator looks quite amateurish to say the least, so I figured it was all her work.

As for the Raleigh wolf, I have no idea what she may have contributed as it looks to be of the highest quality - maybe she just came up with the concept?
But it is a fact that she had a collaborator on that one from an established artist.

And as for the rest of your post - also interesting.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2784
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home