Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Charlie's granddaughter
Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: October 4, 2015 03:53

kahoosier

"She could leave the tour" Do we know that? Maybe this is a family's decision, right or wrong , to give direction and order to a young person's life that lacks both. I would not want my daughter to make the choices some of these young people have made, I would not want my child to be exposed to the pressure that these youngsters had. Marlon got to see the world before he was 10, by law my position as an MD would require me to report two heroin addicts raising a young man on the run to child protective services. Was it wonderful for him, was it hell?

I have read her saying it was her choice to be on tour, couldn't wait to be old enough to be allowed the opportunity. Guilded cage? I'd bet she's having the time of her life and probably loves the attention and pampering and excitement of a rock tour. Like any teenager she probably has plenty of opportunity to sneak out for some fun and possibly outrageous behaviour, Keith's daughters are probably giving her a bit of an education in partying. Ha! No doubt Charlie is protective of her as he should be but to be honest, the girl looks different everytime I see her. She could easily fit in with a crowd and not be recognized or hounded. She probably wears her laminate proudly front and center. What great memories to tour the world with Grandpa.

As far as your professional obligation to report a situation like young Marlon to the authorities, that is a bit of a double edged sword. No doubt it was a potentially dangerous and often hurtful experience for the young kid but the fact that he turned out OK and is quite the family man and loving parent himself kind of shows it isn't always a crisis requiring intervention. Of course Keith's wealth and power isn't typical of a situation where 2 junkies are raising a kid, but who knows what would have happened to the man had he been raised in a more acceptable household. Plenty of cases of kids raised in more socially acceptable setting turning out pretty screwed up. Just saying..

But as a parent I too thought about the legal implications of Keith touring with young Marlon back then. Different times I guess, I'm sure there were plenty of people around who knew what was going on and didn't feel entirely comfortable with it.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: October 4, 2015 08:06

latebloomer
That's not the point...and why not become a model? Kids often follow their parents or wider circle of family friends into a profession. One of my son's best friends wants to be a dentist because his father is one. I know plenty of juniors of various professions. You are looking down on her because of what she has chosen to do. If both her parents were teachers, then you would find it admirable.

To become a teacher, you mean? Yes, I would. Since becoming a teacher actually requires something of you. And I don't look down on models. But I'm not so sure she would have made it as a model on her own. Probably not. She's capitalizing on someone else's fame. I don't mind that but I don't find it admirable either. Of course I still wish her the best. Whichever road she takes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-10-04 09:46 by Stoneage.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: October 4, 2015 08:25

No reason to critique this young lady on a Rolling Stones board. Seems in bad taste to me. As any young person begining their career she deserves positive support.

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: October 4, 2015 08:40

You're 18. Trying to find your way in the world, experimenting, learning, etc. someone offers you a chance to fly around the USA for the summer with legendary musicians. Do you say yes? When you return someone offers you money to pose tastefully in clothes for a magazine. Do you say yes?

Of course you do. Best of luck to her.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: October 4, 2015 10:13

If you are getting your picture taken by all and sundry 24/7 anyway, and somebody suggests you can get paid for being photographed by selected people under controlled circumstances - why not? And there are quite a few people in her circle with experience of modelling to give her good advice.

Of course modelling isn't up there in the top ten of Serious Worthy Careers - but not everyone is cut out to be a teacher or whatever is thought to be a more morally praiseworthy choice, and at 18 she has plenty of time ahead of her and the enviable luxury of being able to decide what she wants to do without financial pressure. Good luck to her.

Posted by: CloudCat ()
Date: October 4, 2015 20:27

were i eighteen and offered the opportunity -- absolutely i would chose to go on the tour and to take a modeling assignment

what fun!

Posted by: sundevil ()
Date: October 4, 2015 22:36

grampy is a rolling stone! which makes her 10 billion times cooler than you'll ever be. freedom sucks when you're a loser.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Previous page Next page First page IORR home