Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Wyman v/s Richards
Posted by: MicKeith81 ()
Date: September 25, 2015 20:37

What & How & If & When & Why

VERSUS

Trouble

i go for : What & How & If & When & Why smiling smiley

Re: Wyman v/s Richards
Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: September 25, 2015 20:38

Are we talking
About who is the better
Bass player?

Posted by: MicKeith81 ()
Date: September 25, 2015 20:40

the songs

What & How & If & When & Why

VERSUS

Trouble

Date: September 25, 2015 21:17

Haven't heard Bill's track. Maybe some others here have heard it?

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: September 25, 2015 21:23

This time Bill wins.

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: September 25, 2015 21:27

DandelionPowderman

Same for me. Maybe this will make it easier for people like us to get involved in the conversation...

Except I'll have to wait until I get home as my new office computer doesn't have sound.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: September 25, 2015 21:39

It's better than I expected!
I would say it sounds like a very high quality bar
Band that tours their local region. Say a popular band in the Boston or Brighton regions.
i enjoyed it. Thanks for sharing.

Date: September 25, 2015 21:49

The sound is awful, but I liked Bill's song just the same.

The sound is dubious on Trouble as well, but in a better way. Keith has an ability to just peel off the slickness.

Trouble wins hands down. A live version of Bill's track might have done it justice, imo. Too sterile for me.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: September 25, 2015 21:51

Got to give this one to Bill, even though it makes me smile thinking of Bill with his rhyming dictionary composing the lyrics to this one.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: September 25, 2015 22:34

I heard Bill's on YouTube and the bass was really nice, then I downloaded it from Google and it sounds thin on my stero. That's right, Bill's bass sounds thin. I hope to get a copy of the CD and see if it's better quality.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: September 25, 2015 22:42

mr_dja
DandelionPowderman

Same for me. Maybe this will make it easier for people like us to get involved in the conversation...

Except I'll have to wait until I get home as my new office computer doesn't have sound.

Peace,
Mr DJA

At the end of the video: "founding bass payer of the Rolling Stones". Hmm, is that historically correct Bill??

Btw: both songs are superfluous imo and don't add anything. I call it a draw.

Date: September 26, 2015 00:14

This time....

Bill has recorded one of the best stones songs in decades...

Jagger would have done fine work..

Date: September 26, 2015 00:40

kleermaker

At the end of the video: "founding bass payer of the Rolling Stones". Hmm, is that historically correct Bill??

Ha! That is an excellent observation kleerie, I guess Bill isn't as concerned with such things after all.

Can't remember which iorr member contacted the Dartford council concerning the plaque but it would be classic if he contacted Bill about that little indiscretion and reported back to us or perhaps an email from an outraged Dick Taylor would be the ticket.

Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: September 26, 2015 01:00

Naturalust
kleermaker

Ha! That is an excellent observation kleerie, I guess Bill isn't as concerned with such things after all.

Can't remember which iorr member contacted the Dartford council concerning the plaque but it would be classic if he contacted Bill about that little indiscretion and reported back to us or perhaps an email from an outraged Dick Taylor would be the ticket.

Very nice! How 'bout it Bill???

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: September 26, 2015 01:19

Metal detector - Bill wins big times

Womanizer - Bill wins big times

smileys with beer

Date: September 26, 2015 01:24

Naturalust
kleermaker

Didn't Keith say somewhere that mick has Said to bill about the plaque "oh cmon bill do you think we would have complained if you had called yourself a founding member?"

Date: September 26, 2015 01:32

Turner68
Naturalust
kleermaker

Didn't Keith say somewhere that mick has Said to bill about the plaque "oh cmon bill do you think we would have complained if you had called yourself a founding member?"

Speaking of the palque, I wonder if the changes have been made yet? I'm surprised we haven't heard back from any of our London members. I'm actually very curious what the new wording will be.... or perhaps they have dropped the whole affair and decided to spend council money on more important matters. lol

Date: September 26, 2015 01:40

Thrylan
Naturalust
kleermaker

Very nice! How 'bout it Bill???

Welcome back thumbs up

Date: September 26, 2015 01:41

Turner68
Naturalust
kleermaker

I think that was all Keith.. smiling smiley

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: September 26, 2015 01:51

In the end, who cares. Somehow, both Mick, Keith, Ian, Brian, Charlie and Bill were the founding members. Some of them came a bit earlier than the other, but the founding period was 1962/1963. People shouldn't be too picky about smaller details. The Stones were done with all 5/6 of them.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-09-26 02:10 by mtaylor.

Date: September 26, 2015 01:53

DandelionPowderman
Turner68
Naturalust
kleermaker

I think that was all Keith.. smiling smiley

either way, even if bill had just read keith saying that in the press, it was a pretty clear license to call himself that if he wanted.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: September 26, 2015 02:57

mtaylor
In the end, who cares. Somehow, both Mick, Keith, Ian, Brian, Charlie and Bill were the founding members. Some of them came a bit earlier than the other, but the founding period was 1962/1963. People shouldn't be too picky about smaller details. The Stones were done with all 5/6 of them.

I agree and well said.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: September 26, 2015 03:54

It's not a friggin' competition.

Posted by: camper88 ()
Date: September 26, 2015 04:42

Koen

It it were, Ol' Bill would win.

Posted by: stanlove ()
Date: September 26, 2015 04:50

Koen
I never understand people like you who get annoyed when someone asks what song someone likes better. Unless you like them exactly the same then you like one better. Really not a big deal and a natural question.

Posted by: roryg ()
Date: September 26, 2015 15:23

Bill's song starts off like "Put the lime in the coconut"

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: September 26, 2015 20:30

stanlove
Koen
I never understand people like you who get annoyed when someone asks what song someone likes better. Unless you like them exactly the same then you like one better. Really not a big deal and a natural question.

Looking at the title of the thread and the first post it appeared to me as if it was a match or something because of the use of the word 'versus'. Maybe it means something else, I'm not a native speaker.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: September 26, 2015 21:09

There is no versus in the relationship according to Keith, who said on the Mark Maron podcast on the subject of Wyman, "I love the guy."

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: September 26, 2015 23:10

Koen
stanlove
Koen

Looking at the title of the thread and the first post it appeared to me as if it was a match or something because of the use of the word 'versus'. Maybe it means something else, I'm not a native speaker.

Also in Dutch there is a clear difference between 'versus' and 'tegen' (in English versus and against). Here versus implicates of course a comparison.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1351
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home