Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Boston Parties
Posted by: rocks off ()
Date: August 9, 2005 09:08

Anyone going to the kick-off shows in Boston?

Are there any Stones fans parties pre- and post- concert?

Re: Boston Parties
Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: August 9, 2005 09:26

The Pour House, see Shidoobee.

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: August 9, 2005 15:41

Getting into Boston on Friday night!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: SpanishTony ()
Date: August 9, 2005 17:35

Doesnt look like there is a shortage of tickets but if anyone is looking for a ticket for Tuesday, I have an extra.

Date: August 13, 2005 16:38

I was at the Pour House last night after the Sawx game....it's a nice place...the downstairs is dominated by the bar in the middle of the room.

It was fairly crowded, as you might expect for a Friday...and here's the important part....NO A.C. !!

THere will be more Stones' fans than there were Sawx fans last night...so wear shorts and tanks.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: August 13, 2005 17:37

I am going to Boston next week, and will see if there is some sort of Mustang Harry NYC kind of place to meet. With lots of space, food, drinks, great music and fresh air. May be it should be close to the park and FS, as many people stay in that area. I am told that the Fenway area don't have many hotels. Any suggestions would be great.

Bjornulf

Date: August 13, 2005 18:02

There are lots of hotels near the Prudential Center...Marriott, Westin, etc.

Not sure what you are looking for price. Marriott was $179/night.

There are a ton of clubs near Fenway...not sure if they have outdoor areas...didn't see many last night, but the no AC seems to be common in the places along Boylston street.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: August 14, 2005 21:54

Are we talking about the area near Kenmore Square? It seems to me like that is the neatest stop for the train/tube going to Fenway? That is the Copley area of Boston, right? Like 20 minutes walking from Boston Common? Just trying to figure out the Boston areas before getting there.

Bjornulf

Posted by: john r ()
Date: August 14, 2005 22:48

Kenmore sq & Fenway are very close, Copley a bit further away. It HAS been mostly hot & very humid this summer, w/ an occasional day of respite. I havent been at the Pour House in 15 years, wasnt it on Boyleston? Sounds like it's been expanded - hard to believe no a.c., yikes.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: August 14, 2005 23:11

went to the Pour House before the Sox game on the night of the Orpheum show in '02 - yeah, it was pretty brutally hot in there - in the morning, even.

Date: August 15, 2005 17:06

Copley is about a 15 to 20 minute walk to Fenway. It is where a lot of hotels are...where I stay when I am there for work.

The Pour House is on Boylston, very close to the Copley stop on the "T".

I don't know if there are hotels in the Fenway or Kenmore Square area of Boston.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1738
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home