Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Altamont 69
Posted by: mikey ()
Date: August 7, 2005 19:33

Well I've finally got my copy of DAC Altamont and it's produced to the usua high standards you'd expect from the inheritors of the Vinyl Gang mantle.

The CD itself is interesting although a bit of a mixed pickle as it really is two separate recordings. The audience tape is now in stereo and with a resultant added presence that my older VGP "Killer Festival"lacked. You really can hear much more of what is going on and despite the usual problem with the JJF intro running speed the whole thing is quite engaging until you hit "Midnight Rambler", which is where the French radio broadcast kicks in. OK so it's a collector's item but it kinda lets the thing down especially as "Midnight Rambler" is reduced to the last three minutes of the song avec le French commentator putting in his DJ's three hap'worth.

Still a nice item.

But does anybody have the VGP re-pressing of "Killer Festival" that came out a couple of years ago and if so has it also been cleaned up and re-tweaked into stereo?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1865
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home