Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 29
Re: OT: NFL 2015 Season
Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: September 30, 2015 22:15

GasLightStreet
mr_dja
GasLightStreet
keefriff99
John Elway had a storybook farewell (retired after two straight Superbowls), but that seems to be the exception rather than the rule.

NHL defenceman Ray Bourque retired after winning the Stanley Cup. He left Boston after 20 seasons because they sucked and two seasons later with the Colorado Avalanche won the Cup and he called it quits.

I still kick myself for not buying a Ray Bourque jersey that was half Col/half Bos. I remember seeing them at the time and should have bought one when I had the chance. LOVED the fact that for his day with the Cup, Bourque brought it to Boston to share with his Boston fans.

Peace,
Mr DJA

REALLY! That's the first I've heard of it!

For whatever reason, I can't seem to get the image to post but the link from my google search is below. I have no idea if these were ever "officially" produced or simply made by fans but I can remember seeing multiple fans in the stands during that Stanley Cup series wearing them. $100 at that auction site doesn't seem like too much... Hmmm... How crazy does my wife think I am already... How crazy would she think I was if that showed up at the door...

[www.google.com]

Peace,
MR DJA

Posted by: winter ()
Date: September 30, 2015 22:43

mr_dja
winter
This first game against the Ravens Thursday will be with Vick only getting two days of snaps practice with the first offense. And Vick has only been with the team a few weeks. The Steelers are going to have to adapt some of their plays to Vick's style, but we may not see a lot of that until week 5. We've got Bell back, Bryant comes back week 5, Pouncey returns mid-season. Vick can be turnover-prone, but I won't judge him until next week's game when he's actually had more than 2 practices' worth of work with the starting offense, I expect you to remain strong and steadfast with the team through Ben's return. Go Stillerz!

Thanks for the support, winter! They've been my team since I was a little boy and my Aunt lived next door to Lynn Swann. I never fully get off the Steelers train even if they are lousy and your points illustrate that things may not be as bad as I'm preparing for. Nice to know I'm not the only Steelers fan here!

Peace,
Mr DJA

That's so cool that your aunt was Swann's neighbor! I grew up in Pittsburgh and was in high school during the Bradshaw years, so I've been a fan since I was a kid, just like with the Stones. Another adjustment this week is I forgot that Vick's a lefty, so they've been putting left-handed spin on the ball-throwing machine for receivers to practice to the last 2 days: Post Gazette article. Interesting. As long as he can step up and keep us at .500 during Ben's absence, we'll be okay within the division.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: October 1, 2015 13:44

I'm doing well on NFL Survivor games. In the Seattle sports radio station contests well over 90% have been eliminated. One station is giving away a Super Bowl trip to the winner. Have never really played before & developed a strategy that seems to be working pretty well with a little luck. Here's my picks so far:
week 1: Jets
week 2: Vikings
Week 3: Panthers
Week 4: Bills

My strategy is to pick the sort of middling teams in gimme games early in the contest & save the big boys (NE, GB, Seahawks, etc) for later in the contest. Seems to be working out well so far. That being said, GO BILLS! & Seahawks, of course!smoking smiley

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: October 1, 2015 15:26

Tonight should be a great game. Two underachieving teams with key members injured.

No Roethlisburger. No Suggs. An unstested Michael Vick at the helm for Pittsburgh. Ravens at 0-3 with their backs to the wall.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: October 1, 2015 22:43

MR DJA, this one?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-10-01 22:43 by GasLightStreet.

Date: October 1, 2015 23:18

GasLightStreet
MR DJA, this one?

That's it! I think I'm going to refer to this post every time I want to show an image! Why it worked for you and not for me I have no idea. I just always thought that was a cool tribute to a great player. The close ups have made me belive that it was probably "homemeade" but I swear I can remember multiple people with them at the time making me wonder if they were available commercially,

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: October 1, 2015 23:34

I just copied image location and pasted it into the... thingy for images. I dunno.

Date: October 1, 2015 23:58

GasLightStreet
I just copied image location and pasted it into the... thingy for images. I dunno.

Which, when I tried the same thing and then previewed my post, it just showed a little x instead of the image. I think I'm going to blame my computer/browser. Yeah, that's it. Not my fault. The computer's fault!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: October 2, 2015 01:05

I'm no football fan, but me darling sister is. Can any of you fans/NFL experts/interested parties tell me WTF happened to the Ravens? My sister is still in shock over their three losses.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: October 2, 2015 03:08

dmay
I'm no football fan, but me darling sister is. Can any of you fans/NFL experts/interested parties tell me WTF happened to the Ravens? My sister is still in shock over their three losses.

Every team goes through a 5 to 7 year cycle. You see teams like Pitt, Baltimore, KC start to go down and teams like St Louis, Buffalo and Arizona go up. It's almost like a natural process.

Date: October 2, 2015 06:34

dmay

the ravens defense is terrible

Date: October 2, 2015 11:29

Great game last night though. The Steelers sure have been snake bit in the kicker department. I thought, given all variables, Michael Vick played ok. Not a bad backup quarterback to have. PS: I am not a Steelers fan by any means!

Date: October 2, 2015 15:26

OK, as winter said, as long as we can go .500 w/o Big Ben, the Steelers should be OK. Last night was just one game and no reason to panic. I wish I had watched more of the first half so I could see the Steelers looking somewhat decent. Picking it up in the fourth quarter to watch the inability to close out the game was not at all fun. Just one game. Still not that much fun.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: gimmelittledrink ()
Date: October 2, 2015 15:55

I'll be driving to Pittsburgh this afternoon to try out for kicker. Can't be any worse than Scobee.

We traded two draft picks at the beginning of the season: one for a guy who can't kick and one for a corner who sits on the sideline. Not good.

Date: October 2, 2015 21:37

mr_dja
OK, as winter said, as long as we can go .500 w/o Big Ben, the Steelers should be OK. Last night was just one game and no reason to panic. I wish I had watched more of the first half so I could see the Steelers looking somewhat decent. Picking it up in the fourth quarter to watch the inability to close out the game was not at all fun. Just one game. Still not that much fun.

Peace,
Mr DJA

that was the easiest game on the steelers schedule over the next 5 weeks

Date: October 2, 2015 21:52

keefriffhard4life
mr_dja

Peace,
Mr DJA

that was the easiest game on the steelers schedule over the next 5 weeks

Pleases don't think that I haven't already had that thought flow through my brain... I'm just trying to stay in a "happy place" where reality plays less of a role than my pessimism!

Go Steelers!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: winter ()
Date: October 2, 2015 22:13

Yes, extremely painful. That loss might haunt the Steelers division-wise at the end of the season.

Gimmelittledrink, thank you for volunteering; good luck with your tryout in PGH!

Date: October 2, 2015 23:04

winter
Yes, extremely painful. That loss might haunt the Steelers division-wise at the end of the season.

Gimmelittledrink, thank you for volunteering; good luck with your tryout in PGH!

not shocking though. tomlin is not a great coach like the media wants us to believe. i've been telling my friends who are steelers fans for years but again they still think this was an accident and tomlin never meant to get in his way

[www.youtube.com]

Date: October 4, 2015 14:11

Kind of a blah weekend for the NFL. Think there is only 1 game matching teams with winning records. We'll have to hope for some upsets!

Date: October 4, 2015 19:58

Dear NFL;

Please get rid of Thursday night games, games in London and that idiot Papa John.

Thank you.

Date: October 4, 2015 20:38

jets pounded miami although the score makes it seem slightly closer. i hope the 4 inured players though will be back after the bye week

Date: October 5, 2015 02:20

The games in London are beyond stupid.

Date: October 5, 2015 03:43

Damn Bills!angry smiley

Date: October 5, 2015 03:55

Damn Bills

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: October 5, 2015 05:41

More Hot Rocks
Damn Bills

Damn Referees

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: October 5, 2015 13:00

The Sicilian
More Hot Rocks
Damn Bills

Damn Referees

Agreed. This is the main reason not to gamble on NFL games. Refs really play a major part in changing what would otherwise be a natural outcome of an unbiased game.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: October 5, 2015 13:48

Ross, owner of the Dolphins could be firing Philbin today. Sadly enough, he is the type of person that deserves to succeed. However, when the QB can't complete a simple screen pass to a "back" this raises many questions. This happened numerous times yesterday. Also, how can a pro player be called for "False Start" when they are paid hundreds of thousand dollars a year?

This is a tough situation for everyone involved.

Posted by: nightskyman ()
Date: October 5, 2015 15:43

I learned the Saints and Bears aren't finished.

That the Jets could be for real.

And the Giants are gonna be OK (my team).

Also, Steelers must get any QB instead of Vick.

Date: October 5, 2015 16:28

How long until the NFL coaches quit trying field goals? I heard a commentator talking about the possibility that, because the kickers are missing so many more extra points, they could be losing some of their confidence in their overall abilities and are therefore missing more field goals as well. Not sure if the numbers actually back up this theory or not, but it does seem like I'm watching more kickers miss than ever before.

Also, some of you who go to the games can tell me if I'm out of line on this next thought. Is it just me or are players actually watching themselves on the giant screens while the game is in progress? Yesterday, at least twice, I noticed a player on a breakaway, rather than turning his head to see how close the pursuit was, seem to shift his eyes up to see the play live on the screen and get a view of what was behind him. I know that the NFL is a offensive first league, but, if what I saw was true, isn't that giving the runner an advantage? Possibly much ado about nothing but, I remember "the good old days" of runners having to look behind themselves or, just running as fast as they could and assuming that they were about to get caught. I like the old way better in this case.

GO STEELERS!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: October 5, 2015 16:33

Marshawn Lynch Pepsi commercial very funny. I think maybe he had a master plan & it is paying off for him with sponsors. He has a few ads for local companies in Seattle that are amusing. Plumbing (stop freakin', call beacon) & pest control. He definitely has carved a niche for himself. I hope his hamstring isn't serious. They might be sitting him out against Detroit because they're not too good. We have to play the Bengals in Cincy next Sunday. GO HAWKS!smoking smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 29

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2223
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home