Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 29
Re: OT: NFL 2015 Season
Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: September 27, 2015 16:23

crholmstrom
Chris Fountain
If you guys get a chance - watch on You Tube the crazy ending of the TCU -Texas Tech game. It was wild!!!!

[www.youtube.com]

I saw it live on tv. That would've been cool if they had pulled it off! Getting my game face on for this afternoon. Going to get breakfast at my fave breakfast spot & then heading to the beach to catch a water taxi across the bay (much like Sydney Australia). Much cheaper than driving downtown & paying for parking. Not to mention post game traffic jam. Being as this is the first home game of the season, lots of stuff going on pregame. The Hawks have a set up in the convention center next to the stadium where they have a huge wall where you can watch early games, etc. Game time temp low 60's & sunny. In other words, perfect football weather.

I'm getting excited. GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!smoking smiley

I know you wanted to see this game at the stadium big time Did you get decent seats? I know that it is a fan friendly stadium so your seats should be ok wherever they are. I Think from a Miami stand point maybe NFL REDZONE may be my option today for the Hawks!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-09-27 16:28 by Chris Fountain.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: September 27, 2015 16:26

crholmstrom
GasLightStreet
crholmstrom
GasLightStreet
crholmstrom
Tickets still left for Hawks game on Ticketbastard. They have made them so expensive ($200 upper deck, not scalped!), people are hesitating. I may give the Hawks office a call & see if they have a less expensive ADA seat for the game. I got my 2 games later in the season for semi realistic money. GO HAWKS!

They gotta find a way to pay Tim Tebow, er, I mean Russell Wilson...

Pale Tim Tebow with 2 Super Bowl appearances in 3 years. & 1 win. I'll put up with a little of that for the results. I will say this, Russell walks the walk. Since he has come to Seattle, he has visited Children's Hospital every week he is in town at least once. He is doing good work with the sick little kids. That can't be easy.

The dude is full of himself. OK so good, he's doing good work with the sick little kids. A lot of people do that.

What was the deal with Marshawn Lynch running nowhere? That was absurd. Too much hype. Beast mode? More like marshmallow mode.

Has Jimmy Graham blocked anyone yet?

So much anger! Maybe try a switch to decaf?eye popping smiley

Oh come on. Just pointing out the obvious. Besides, my hatred for Seattle is tempered considerably when held up against Atlanta and Dallas.

Date: September 27, 2015 21:20

keefriffhard4life
nightskyman
Here's to the Jets going 3-0.

Also, are the Manning brothers back?

i think the jets might make it to 5-0 before dropping a game to the pats

Nah. Philly 17 NYJ 0 so far.

Was wondering when Philly would wake up.

Somehow the Saints are hanging in quite well against Carolina and are leading 10-7 right before the half.

Date: September 27, 2015 23:47

GasLightStreet
keefriffhard4life
nightskyman
Here's to the Jets going 3-0.

Also, are the Manning brothers back?

i think the jets might make it to 5-0 before dropping a game to the pats

Nah. Philly 17 NYJ 0 so far.

Was wondering when Philly would wake up.

Somehow the Saints are hanging in quite well against Carolina and are leading 10-7 right before the half.

jets woke up in the 2nd half and philly went back to sleep. if the jets hadn't give up the kick TD to sproles we would be talking about a different game, maybe even overtime. also marshalls bonehead lateral play didn't help the jets at all

Date: September 28, 2015 01:12

Chicago needs to head to the airport immediately. HAWKS AGAIN!smileys with beer

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: September 28, 2015 02:09

So Seattle will finally win a game this year. Go Bills!!!

Date: September 28, 2015 11:41

Well at least Dolphins have loyal wives-

[www.local10.com]

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: September 28, 2015 14:10

A star is born: Thomas Rawls. Another undrafted gem found by the Hawks. More later, have to head to the mines. Bleh!

Date: September 28, 2015 14:22

crholmstrom
A star is born: Thomas Rawls. Another undrafted gem found by the Hawks. More later, have to head to the mines. Bleh!

There is another great Seattle Seahawk in the making '"Jacoby Brissett" Yup another Wolfpack splitting image of Wilson.- we'll learn more next week when the Pack plays Louisvlle. In Raleigh

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: September 28, 2015 15:46

The Patriots are on a rampage. The last time the NFL tried to bring the hammer down on them, they almost had an undefeated season.

I see the same laser-like focus so far this year.

Date: September 28, 2015 17:42

keefriff99
The Patriots are on a rampage. The last time the NFL tried to bring the hammer down on them, they almost had an undefeated season.

Cheaters always get it in the end!

Video says it all-

[www.youtube.com]

Date: September 28, 2015 17:50

Chris Fountain
keefriff99

Video says it all-

[www.youtube.com]
Yeah, yeah...I know. Belichick is the Antichrist.

I haven't seen any evidence that the Patriots are going to "get it"...no matter what happens for the rest of the Brady/Belichick era, they're both going to go down as all-time greats.

Date: September 28, 2015 18:08

keefriff99
Chris Fountain
keefriff99

Video says it all-

[www.youtube.com]

I haven't seen any evidence that the Patriots are going to "get it"...no matter what happens for the rest of the Brady/Belichick era, they're both going to go down as all-time greats.

Only in New England. The rest of the country thinks they are cheats. And they are.

Date: September 28, 2015 18:11

More Hot Rocks
keefriff99
Chris Fountain
keefriff99

Video says it all-

[www.youtube.com]

Only in New England. The rest of the country thinks they are cheats. And they are.
I very well understand that, but that doesn't change the stats, the gaudy winning %, or the Superbowl rings. So again, I don't see how they're gonna "get it in the end".

Posted by: James Kirk ()
Date: September 28, 2015 18:15

The entire deflate gate thing is such nonsense.

I have no idea if they did it or not, but even if they did so what? It's such an insignificant infraction that if it were anyone else they would have faced a small fine and nobody would have heard of it, but because the Patriots have dominated the NFL for a decade and a half it's a big deal.

Can anyone say with a straight face that the Patriots success is because of deflated footballs? Give me a break.

The Patriots are on a rampage this year. Another 16-0 regular season is possible

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-09-28 21:10 by James Kirk.

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: September 28, 2015 21:09

the best thing about deflategate is the end of the new Dr Pepper commercial...

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: September 28, 2015 21:33

keefriff99
More Hot Rocks
keefriff99
Chris Fountain
keefriff99

Video says it all-

[www.youtube.com]

I very well understand that, but that doesn't change the stats, the gaudy winning %, or the Superbowl rings. So again, I don't see how they're gonna "get it in the end".

What they're gonna "get in the end" is into the Hall of Fame. 1st Ballot for both coach and QB. For as much as I hear about how "the rest of the country" is thinking, more and more I'm wondering if the Patriots are the "Bill Clinton" of the NFL. Both seem to be made of Teflon. Throw whatever accusations you want, even if there is something there, it seems to just slide off both and they come out the other side even stronger.

Seeing as "Big Ben" went down yesterday and I'm going to be forced to depend on Michael Vick as a QB for the next 4-6-8 weeks, I'm afraid that I'm going to have to get on the Pat's bandwagon even sooner than I have in the past few years. GO STEELERS!!!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: September 28, 2015 21:34

keefriff99
More Hot Rocks
keefriff99
Chris Fountain
keefriff99

Video says it all-

[www.youtube.com]

I think he means this can't go on forever.......I hope.....

Date: September 28, 2015 22:09

More Hot Rocks
keefriff99
More Hot Rocks
keefriff99
Chris Fountain
keefriff99

Video says it all-

[www.youtube.com]

It'd be nice if Brady/Belichick both retired the same year, a nice clean "end of an era" sendoff.

It'll never happen, but it'd be refreshing if it did.

Date: September 28, 2015 22:49

keefriff99
More Hot Rocks
keefriff99
More Hot Rocks
keefriff99
Chris Fountain
keefriff99

Video says it all-

[www.youtube.com]

It'd be nice if Brady/Belichick both retired the same year, a nice clean "end of an era" sendoff.

why do you think it won't happen?

Date: September 28, 2015 22:55

keefriffhard4life
keefriff99
More Hot Rocks
keefriff99
More Hot Rocks
keefriff99
Chris Fountain
keefriff99

Video says it all-

[www.youtube.com]

why do you think it won't happen?
It just seems like athletes never know when to leave on a high note. Look at Brett Favre.

I doubt Brady will end up like that, but I could potentially see him not ending his career with the Patriots if he feels he still has more to contribute and the Pats start getting eager to move on if they find a young QB that they're anxious to promote (a'la the Favre/Rodgers situation).

John Elway had a storybook farewell (retired after two straight Superbowls), but that seems to be the exception rather than the rule.

Date: September 29, 2015 15:52

keefriff99
John Elway had a storybook farewell (retired after two straight Superbowls), but that seems to be the exception rather than the rule.

NHL defenceman Ray Bourque retired after winning the Stanley Cup. He left Boston after 20 seasons because they sucked and two seasons later with the Colorado Avalanche won the Cup and he called it quits.

Date: September 29, 2015 16:08

GasLightStreet
keefriff99

NHL defenceman Ray Bourque retired after winning the Stanley Cup. He left Boston after 20 seasons because they sucked and two seasons later with the Colorado Avalanche won the Cup and he called it quits.

I still kick myself for not buying a Ray Bourque jersey that was half Col/half Bos. I remember seeing them at the time and should have bought one when I had the chance. LOVED the fact that for his day with the Cup, Bourque brought it to Boston to share with his Boston fans.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: September 29, 2015 16:27

geez some really bad play calling by KC last night on offense. they almost came back but still

Date: September 29, 2015 16:37

mr_dja
GasLightStreet
keefriff99

I still kick myself for not buying a Ray Bourque jersey that was half Col/half Bos. I remember seeing them at the time and should have bought one when I had the chance. LOVED the fact that for his day with the Cup, Bourque brought it to Boston to share with his Boston fans.

Peace,
Mr DJA
Ah yes, that is a GREAT story. Michael Strahan is another who comes to mind (retired after winning the Super Bowl with the Giants in 2008).

But then, you have guys like Favre, Joe Montana, Michael Jordan, Willie Mays who, while not tarnishing their legacy, stick around too long and their farewells become anticlimactic.

(I realize the potential irony of discussing this topic on a Stones forum)

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: September 30, 2015 04:50

GasLightStreet
No matter if Brees may be out for one game, half the season or the rest of the season, the New Orleans Saints will be lucky to finish 5-11 at this point. Holy crap.

GET OUT THE BAGS!

That is brilliant!

Posted by: winter ()
Date: September 30, 2015 06:22

mr_dja
[
Seeing as "Big Ben" went down yesterday and I'm going to be forced to depend on Michael Vick as a QB for the next 4-6-8 weeks, I'm afraid that I'm going to have to get on the Pat's bandwagon even sooner than I have in the past few years. GO STEELERS!!!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Luckily, I'm here for an intervention, Mr DJA. No need to be wondering about jumping ship just to follow some other team's bandwagon. There are RS songs out there that can help you remain steadfast in your Steeler fandom (D&G is not one of them), and sticking with the Steelers during Ben's recovery will build character, tenacity and patience.

This first game against the Ravens Thursday will be with Vick only getting two days of snaps practice with the first offense. And Vick has only been with the team a few weeks. The Steelers are going to have to adapt some of their plays to Vick's style, but we may not see a lot of that until week 5. We've got Bell back, Bryant comes back week 5, Pouncey returns mid-season. Vick can be turnover-prone, but I won't judge him until next week's game when he's actually had more than 2 practices' worth of work with the starting offense, I expect you to remain strong and steadfast with the team through Ben's return. Go Stillerz!

Date: September 30, 2015 07:42

jets can't afford to have decker, ivory and marshall out. they all have to play in order for them to have a chance to win. last week ivory and decker along with owusu, the teams 3rd leading receiver after 2 games, didn't play. instead fitzpatrick had to rely on a rookie activated for his first game ever and kerley and stacey filling in. total the jets had 3 guys on offense who had taken a total of 5 offensive snaps combined in week 1 and 2. the jets aren't that kind of team and fitzpatrick isn't a QB who can make that work. the play makers need to be on the field

Date: September 30, 2015 19:02

mr_dja
GasLightStreet
keefriff99

Peace,
Mr DJA

REALLY! That's the first I've heard of it!

Date: September 30, 2015 22:10

winter
mr_dja
[

Peace,
Mr DJA

Luckily, I'm here for an intervention, Mr DJA. No need to be wondering about jumping ship just to follow some other team's bandwagon. There are RS songs out there that can help you remain steadfast in your Steeler fandom (D&G is not one of them), and sticking with the Steelers during Ben's recovery will build character, tenacity and patience.

This first game against the Ravens Thursday will be with Vick only getting two days of snaps practice with the first offense. And Vick has only been with the team a few weeks. The Steelers are going to have to adapt some of their plays to Vick's style, but we may not see a lot of that until week 5. We've got Bell back, Bryant comes back week 5, Pouncey returns mid-season. Vick can be turnover-prone, but I won't judge him until next week's game when he's actually had more than 2 practices' worth of work with the starting offense, I expect you to remain strong and steadfast with the team through Ben's return. Go Stillerz!

Thanks for the support, winter! They've been my team since I was a little boy and my Aunt lived next door to Lynn Swann. I never fully get off the Steelers train even if they are lousy and your points illustrate that things may not be as bad as I'm preparing for. Nice to know I'm not the only Steelers fan here!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 29

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1820
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home