Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 29
Re: OT: NFL 2015 Season
Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: September 3, 2015 22:47

Chris Fountain
The biggest question here is if the Colts used the same footballs in that game.

From what I understand, they didn't. Although many people (including myself) had no idea, it was common practice in the NFL for each team to play with their own set of balls on offense that they provided to the officials prior to game-time. I never did hear what, if anything had been done to change this rule since this incident happened. I just remember hearing that the NFL was going to look into changing the rules about who provides the balls for play.

All I know for sure is that my mom is one happy Patriots fan today!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: nightskyman ()
Date: September 3, 2015 23:55

Forgot about the Colts. I think because of last year getting so close you get a feeling it's their turn. Did they improve this year in the draft and trades, etc.?

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: September 4, 2015 00:49

Although I despise the Patriots this court case is bogus and to the point of silliness.

Re: NFL Thread 2015
Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: September 4, 2015 01:50

umakmehrd
GasLightStreet
MisterDDDD
Whew...
For a minute I thought it was important news.

Like a Seattle Seahawk getting hurt or something cool smiley

I wouldn't be surprised if a Seahawk gets hurt this year seeing that they got a fantastic no-blocking TE now.

We do and he will enjoy another trip to the SuperBowl BABY !!

Like this year? So the Seahawks will go to the Supe in 2016 and lose again?

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: September 4, 2015 01:50

mr_dja
keefriffhard4life
mr_dja
I'm a lifetime Steelers fan. I'm thinking that I'm not going to have much to cheer for this season. Unfortunately my "closest to home" team, The Titans, aren't offering me much hope either. Looks like I'll be forced to follow my "bandwagon" team, The Patriots, for the entire season this year. Normally I don't start rooting for them until after Pittsburgh has been eliminated.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Huh? Why are you down on the steelers? Because of the defense?

Yeah. Defense is looking thin and I'm not really all that optimistic about their offense either. That and the overall reporting that I've been seeing. Nothing specific. It just seems that most of the Headlines, soundbites, blurbs I've seen and heard make me believe that I'm not going to be all that happy this season. Believe me, I'll be the happiest one here if I get proven wrong!

Peace,
Mr DJA

They signed Garrett Hartley, too. Probably a bad idea.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-09-04 01:51 by GasLightStreet.

Posted by: ohmercy61 ()
Date: September 4, 2015 03:10

Roger Godell is an idiot!Patriots will repeat!!!!!

Date: September 4, 2015 03:12

ohmercy61
Roger Godell is an idiot!Patriots will repeat!!!!!

they aren't repeating. their defense is terrible this year

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: September 4, 2015 04:05

Bills will sack Brady big time week 2.

Date: September 4, 2015 04:22

Thre Bills willl once not live up to expectations, which leads to empathy.

Date: September 4, 2015 04:30

Chris Fountain
Thre Bills willl once not live up to expectations, which leads to empathy.

OUCH!!

Date: September 4, 2015 04:37

Actually. the Bills are favored by most fans, including myself. Don't worry, they will beat the crap out of the Jets.

Date: September 4, 2015 05:28

So what does everybody think of Brady getting away with cheating? Or what ever you want to call it.

Date: September 4, 2015 05:32

The Police could not find any credible evivdence.

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: September 4, 2015 05:37

Thank god his wife didn't find else was on his phone.

Date: September 4, 2015 05:54

Cooltoplady

Hold on - Now the Patriots are being accused of improprities of marriage? Yes text messages cocerning sex are inappropriate, however, text messages are inconclusive evidence.

It is not fun defending those a..... you know the word

Date: September 4, 2015 06:29

Chris Fountain

he wasn't actually cleared of it though.from the ruling

"Because there was no notice of a four-game suspension in the circumstances presented here, Commissioner Goodell may be said to have 'dispensed his own brand of industrial justice,''' Berman wrote, partially citing wording from a previous case. He said a player's right to notice was "at the heart'' of the collective bargaining agreement "and, for that matter, of our criminal and civil justice systems.''

"The court finds that Brady had no notice that he could receive a four-game suspension for general awareness of ball deflation by others,'' the judge wrote.

nowhere was it ever said brady is not guilty of anything

Date: September 4, 2015 06:30

Chris Fountain
Actually. the Bills are favored by most fans, including myself. Don't worry, they will beat the crap out of the Jets.

the bills will not destroy the jets

Date: September 4, 2015 14:29

keefriffhard4life
Chris Fountain

It's amazing how every team in the AFC East is a bitter rival between them.

Date: September 4, 2015 14:46

Chris Fountain
keefriffhard4life
Chris Fountain

well you now have the jets old coach as the coach of the bills and the patriots were the jets rivals for over a decade

Date: September 4, 2015 14:51

keefriffhard4life
Chris Fountain
keefriffhard4life
Chris Fountain

well you now have the jets old coach as the coach of the bills and the patriots were the jets rivals for over a decade

The Dolphins - Jets rivalry is intense as well.

Date: September 4, 2015 14:58

Chris Fountain
keefriffhard4life
Chris Fountain
keefriffhard4life
Chris Fountain

yeah. not sure how far that dates back but around 2007 the jets sent chad pennington packing and he went to miami

Date: September 4, 2015 15:04

keefriffhard4life
Chris Fountain
keefriffhard4life
Chris Fountain
keefriffhard4life
Chris Fountain

yeah. not sure how far that dates back but around 2007 the jets sent chad pennington packing and he went to miami

Whatever happened to Chad Pennington? It's like he disappeared.

Date: September 4, 2015 15:21

Chris Fountain
keefriffhard4life
Chris Fountain
keefriffhard4life
Chris Fountain
keefriffhard4life
Chris Fountain

Whatever happened to Chad Pennington? It's like he disappeared.

he had a lot of shoulder injuries playing behind the jets crappy line and it caused him to retire in 2012 even though he hadn't played a game since 2010. he was about 35 when he retired

Date: September 4, 2015 15:26

From Wiki-

Pennington attempted another comeback to the NFL in 2011.[19] However, on March 31, 2011, he tore his ACL while playing a game of pick-up basketball.[20] Pennington announced that he would work for Fox Sports as an analyst during the 2011 NFL football season.[21] On February 9, 2012, he announced he would retire rather than attempt a comeback following his fourth shoulder surgery.

Also, his overall stats prove he had a decent career. He had issues in playoff games.

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: September 4, 2015 15:55

keefriffhard4life
Chris Fountain

he wasn't actually cleared of it though.from the ruling

"Because there was no notice of a four-game suspension in the circumstances presented here, Commissioner Goodell may be said to have 'dispensed his own brand of industrial justice,''' Berman wrote, partially citing wording from a previous case. He said a player's right to notice was "at the heart'' of the collective bargaining agreement "and, for that matter, of our criminal and civil justice systems.''

"The court finds that Brady had no notice that he could receive a four-game suspension for general awareness of ball deflation by others,'' the judge wrote.

nowhere was it ever said brady is not guilty of anything

Note: It's also not been shown that Brady is guilty of anything either. It's been assumed and it's highly probable that he was involved but that's never actually been shown to be the truth.

Peace,
Mr DJA

GO STEELERS!

Date: September 4, 2015 15:57

Chris Fountain
From Wiki-

Pennington attempted another comeback to the NFL in 2011.[19] However, on March 31, 2011, he tore his ACL while playing a game of pick-up basketball.[20] Pennington announced that he would work for Fox Sports as an analyst during the 2011 NFL football season.[21] On February 9, 2012, he announced he would retire rather than attempt a comeback following his fourth shoulder surgery.

Also, his overall stats prove he had a decent career. He had issues in playoff games.
Yeah he was pretty good

Posted by: gimmelittledrink ()
Date: September 4, 2015 16:17

Brady is going to throw 19 touchdown passes during the opener. And he will run into the end zone each time to berate the defender. Sad.

Date: September 5, 2015 04:28

Yup the Jets are in for a long season. However, defense will win them mnany contests. If you gamble, it is ill advised to bet the "over" on any Jets game.

Date: September 5, 2015 04:57

Chris Fountain
Yup the Jets are in for a long season. However, defense will win them mnany contests. If you gamble, it is ill advised to bet the "over" on any Jets game.

Have you seen the jets schedule though? The giants, browns, redskins, jaguars, raiders, titans, texans....come on now. Thats 6 wins right there maybe 7

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: September 5, 2015 05:12

Chris Fountain
Cooltoplady

Hold on - Now the Patriots are being accused of improprities of marriage? Yes text messages cocerning sex are inappropriate, however, text messages are inconclusive evidence.

It is not fun defending those a..... you know the word

Then why did he destroy his phone?

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 29

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2343
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home