Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122...LastNext
Current Page: 17 of 29
Re: OT: NFL 2015 Season
Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: November 27, 2015 00:21

After watching Philly get demolished by the "mighty" Lions this morning, Chip Kelly best be having someone expendable taste his cheesesteaks for him. What a bad game that was. So far, the Carolina/Cowpie game has been somewhat better. Except of course for the abominations that Nike is trying to foist off on the public as uniforms. They make my brain hurt!tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: umakmehrd ()
Date: November 27, 2015 00:27

I think the little butterball will be heading to USC - just sayin

Date: November 27, 2015 02:47

whats sad is sanchez played pretty well considering he got sacked 6 times and hit about 6 more

Date: November 27, 2015 03:02

Wow, the second game smelled bad too. The league certainly has been mediocre this year. I guess that is what they want with parity is a whole bunch of teams around .500. I can't help but think they are shooting themselves in the foot to a certain extent. On a positive note, I'm believing in Carolina now. I think they have as good a shot as the New England Criminals at going undefeated. Carolina defense is tough! Hope we get a good game tonight as this has been a pretty rotten holiday in a really brutal year for me. I guess I'm pulling for the Bears for the novelty factor, haha.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: November 28, 2015 20:07

crholmstrom
After watching Philly get demolished by the "mighty" Lions this morning, Chip Kelly best be having someone expendable taste his cheesesteaks for him. What a bad game that was. So far, the Carolina/Cowpie game has been somewhat better. Except of course for the abominations that Nike is trying to foist off on the public as uniforms. They make my brain hurt!tongue sticking out smiley

Maybe Philly will hire Les Miles.

Date: November 28, 2015 21:58

GasLightStreet
crholmstrom

Maybe Philly will hire Les Miles.

Not a big SEC fan but I don't think Miles is being treated fairly. Too much money involved with that conference. All of them for that matter. SEC has 1 school that can't even spell "old" & they spotted them 2 letters!winking smiley
On to tomorrow: Ben Rothelsberger plays his first game ever in Seattle tomorrow. Really hope the Hawks have a nice "welcome" for him! Ben, meet Cliff Avril & Michael Bennett. I'm sure they will be gracious hosts, haha. GO HAWKS!

Date: November 29, 2015 17:49

There is some bizarre expectation in Baton Rouge about the LSU football team, as if they should finish first overall every year. And yet... paint a 50 yard line in front of 'em in any game against Alabama and they can't do anything. This year they stink. They played a bunch of losers and ran up all kinds of scores and yardage. When they played real teams (SEC) they got their asses handed to 'em.

They're going to the Filled-To-The-Brim-Unflushed Bowl. Or maybe it's the Used Toilet Paper Bowl. Too many bowl games. NCAA has turned into elementary skool: all losers get a medal.

Date: November 29, 2015 23:47

GasLightStreet
There is some bizarre expectation in Baton Rouge about the LSU football team, as if they should finish first overall every year. And yet... paint a 50 yard line in front of 'em in any game against Alabama and they can't do anything. This year they stink. They played a bunch of losers and ran up all kinds of scores and yardage. When they played real teams (SEC) they got their asses handed to 'em.

They're going to the Filled-To-The-Brim-Unflushed Bowl. Or maybe it's the Used Toilet Paper Bowl. Too many bowl games. NCAA has turned into elementary skool: all losers get a medal.

Look at all the .500 teams in the NFL. Same thing. We have become a nation of mediocrity where standing out with good work, etc is actively discouraged. I see it all the time where I work (1 of the great corporate Satans). They want good little robots. I'm a ghost in the machine. Don't get me started....tongue sticking out smiley

Date: November 30, 2015 02:15

jets season back on life support. they need to be the titans, giants and cowboys to have a chance. be nice if they also clinch a playoff spot by beating the bills the last game of the season

Date: November 30, 2015 02:38

keefriffhard4life
jets season back on life support. they need to be the titans, giants and cowboys to have a chance. be nice if they also clinch a playoff spot by beating the bills the last game of the season

Giants could be tough. No home field advantage for anyone. This Seahawk/Steeler game is a good one. Probably best so far this week. I'm chainsmoking!smoking smiley

Date: November 30, 2015 03:55

Once again! SAINTS ARE DONE! Damn. Brees didn't get a TD pass. That streak ends at 45 games.

Date: November 30, 2015 04:14

As of 11-29-15 with the games all done in the NFC...

Carolina
Arizona
Minnesota (!!!)
Washington (WTF?????)
Green Bay
Seattle (huh?)

Atlanta - hilarious. Losing their way right out of it.
Tampa not as good as they thought? Or is Indy getting it together... somewhat?
NFC East sucks no matter what.

Chicago, St Louis, New Orleans, Detroit, Philly, San Fran and Dallas - ELIMINATED from making the 2016 playoffs. I'm sure there could be argument for Chicago to possibly still get in but it ain't gonna happen.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: November 30, 2015 06:02

I'm done here. My Bills suck.

Date: November 30, 2015 06:22

nfc east is terrible. its like a participation trophy playoff spot at this point

Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: November 30, 2015 06:43

Brady has 1 minute to try to tie up Denver / without most of his targets. Lets see if he deserves MVP.

Date: November 30, 2015 07:22

mighty stork
Brady has 1 minute to try to tie up Denver / without most of his targets. Lets see if he deserves MVP.

the answer was no because brady was like 1/11 for pass attempts at the end of the game

Date: November 30, 2015 09:42

We'll see if the Seahawks are for real vs. the Vikings next weekend. If Hawks win, they're not a mirage. Lose, it'll be wait until next year.

Date: November 30, 2015 16:05

The only thing left for Brees this season is to get to 4000 yards passing. It would be 300 years in a row for him if he does, breaking the record he's set. That's about all that's left for him now. Well, there's the total TD passes, which he's in 3rd or 4th behind the usual ones. But only by a handful of TDs.

I have a suspicion that he won't be playing for the Saints in 2016. Then again I'm hoping the Saints GM gets fired. It's over for the Saints. It has been. Time to move on. They had a decent run, won a Supe. They've been back to being the 'Aints for a few years.

Posted by: umakmehrd ()
Date: December 1, 2015 00:25

Hawks a big win looks like they will be looking to the Canadian Kid Luke Wilson to step it up like he did last year... GO Hawks GO

Date: December 1, 2015 01:41

crholmstrom
We'll see if the Seahawks are for real vs. the Vikings next weekend. If Hawks win, they're not a mirage. Lose, it'll be wait until next year.

Certainly the Vikings game is a must win for the Seahawks because a loss will not only take away any chance of the division title but also move them too far back for a wildcard spot. The two games following I think they can handle but the Vikings look very good right now. I'll be cheering for them as I still have (a little) hope for the Packers to take the North div.

Date: December 2, 2015 16:25

At this point the only way Seattle can make the playoffs is to beat Minnesota, which I doubt will happen, and for Atlanta, Tampa and the Giants to continue to lose. And after Minnesota they have a super easy schedule.

Without Lynch...

What's even more absurd is Detroit, of all teams, has a chance to make the playoffs, especially if they beat Green Bay (the way they've been playing they're going to back right out of the playoffs) and with the suckage of the NFC East.

I doubt it - they're still below those shitty Chicago and New York teams - but they have a more legit chance due to their playing than anyone else that's 4-7.

Anyone think Sean Payton will leave the Saints in 2016 and coach for the Giants? They need to fire their GM, Mickey Loomis, who has dismantled the Saints. They also need to permanently bench (because no team in their right mind would trade for this douche) Zach Strief.

Saints will probably unload Brees: he's due $30 million next season. The idea of him going to Denver is probably out the window with Osweiler playing so good and clearly to take over for Manning. That would practically guarantee Brees one more Super Bowl.

But Houston is close to being a contender. All they need is a good QB.

Date: December 2, 2015 23:08

One thing looks to be close to certain at this time - the NFC Super Bowl team will be Carolina or whoever beats Carolina.

Still up in the AFC between New England, Denver and Cincinnati.

If it's Carolina and if they win the 2016 Super Bowl it will be very interesting to see what happens over the course of the next 3 or 4 years with Carolina - if they can keep their powerhouse intact.

Unlike some other teams that lost their farking minds!!!

Date: December 4, 2015 14:03

Great game last night! Pity, that Detroit had to take the loss but that last pass was amazing. Think that the ref had to make that call on the last play. Not a reviewable play under the current rules & in real time it sure looked like he got the face mask.

Date: December 4, 2015 15:58

Didn't see the game. Did Green Bay play that bad or did Detroit play that good for the score to be any indication?

Date: December 4, 2015 16:25

GasLightStreet
Didn't see the game. Did Green Bay play that bad or did Detroit play that good for the score to be any indication?

It was a tale of halves. 1 half Detroit, 2nd half Green Bay. Detroit had them & committed face mask on last play. Rodgers through a hail Mary & Rogers caught it. The Detroit D were looking at the receivers not the ball. Was pretty exciting. \

Date: December 4, 2015 19:20

So Green Bay won just because.

Sounds like they're just bumbling along now. What a bizarre team they've become.

I suppose that eliminated Detroit from any chances of making the playoffs - which was ABSURD anyway. It would require teams 6-13 to not win anymore games...

After this weekend the gap will increase considerably for most of those teams to be technically eliminated.

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: December 4, 2015 20:01

According to Rolling Stone Magazine, Coldplay will headline the Super Bowl Halftime Show. Apparently Bruno Mars will be appearing with them as well. I know nothing of Coldplay or their music. Should I be expecting a cool halftime show or looking forward to having the option of making pre-second half beer-run?

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: December 4, 2015 22:38

mr_dja
According to Rolling Stone Magazine, Coldplay will headline the Super Bowl Halftime Show. Apparently Bruno Mars will be appearing with them as well. I know nothing of Coldplay or their music. Should I be expecting a cool halftime show or looking forward to having the option of making pre-second half beer-run?

Peace,
Mr DJA

Been a long time since there was a decent halftime act, the Who in 2010 maybe. Go for the beer.

Date: December 5, 2015 01:42

mighty stork
mr_dja

Peace,
Mr DJA

Been a long time since there was a decent halftime act, the Who in 2010 maybe. Go for the beer.

Whilst the Stones were good, I still think Prince was the best one ever. The purple one was incredible. I like some Coldplay but liked them more before they got huge. Have very good memory of seeing them @ Big Day Out 2001 in Melbourne kind of low on the bill on the main stage. My big trip to the southland. The song "Yellow" & Kasey Chambers' first cd were the soundtrack to that trip. I did see AC/DC in a smallish arena in Sydney on that trip too. That was monumental! The Aussie crowd was seriously riled up...smileys with beer

Date: December 6, 2015 13:34

Game day! Hawks vs Vikings on @ 10AM here. Getting the game face on. GO HAWKS!hot smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122...LastNext
Current Page: 17 of 29

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1453
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home