Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: VINYL DEATH MATCH ® – IORR vs. EOMS
Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: August 24, 2015 19:08

treaclefingers
Turner68
Maindefender
Bliss
Maindefender
Turner68
Maindefender
I would have given Rip The Joint the nod. A great original should always trump a great cover.....

even if it is, to quote the original post, "better than the original"? smiling smiley
treacle's post is worth re-reading a couple times smiling smiley

You mean to tell me a cover is better than the original?? If there wasn't an original, there could never be a cover. A cover can never be better than the original IMO. eye rolling smileyeye rolling smileyeye rolling smiley

I would say Jimi Hendrix' 'All Along the Watchtower" is superior to Bob Dylan's. I prefer the Stones' 'Love in Vain' to Robert Johnson's. The Stones' 'It's All Over Now' is better than Bobby Womack's.

[youtu.be]

Just my opinion…….maybe I have too much respect for the originators (not…haha)

I was just quoting from the death match evaluation, which said the stones' ain't to proud to beg was better than the original.

quit pussyfooting...take a position and stick with it.

My position is that the statement that the stones' ain't to proud to beg is better than the original is so prima facie ridiculous that it's a signal that this death match it not to be taken literally but rather as an allegory.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 24, 2015 20:03

Turner68
treaclefingers
Turner68
Maindefender
Bliss
Maindefender
Turner68
Maindefender
I would have given Rip The Joint the nod. A great original should always trump a great cover.....

even if it is, to quote the original post, "better than the original"? smiling smiley

You mean to tell me a cover is better than the original?? If there wasn't an original, there could never be a cover. A cover can never be better than the original IMO. eye rolling smileyeye rolling smileyeye rolling smiley

I would say Jimi Hendrix' 'All Along the Watchtower" is superior to Bob Dylan's. I prefer the Stones' 'Love in Vain' to Robert Johnson's. The Stones' 'It's All Over Now' is better than Bobby Womack's.

[youtu.be]

I was just quoting from the death match evaluation, which said the stones' ain't to proud to beg was better than the original.

My position is that the statement that the stones' ain't to proud to beg is better than the original is so prima facie ridiculous that it's a signal that this death match it not to be taken literally but rather as an allegory.

now your alleging allegory?

Date: August 24, 2015 20:08

treaclefingers
Turner68
treaclefingers
Turner68
Maindefender
Bliss
Maindefender
Turner68
Maindefender

[youtu.be]

Oh most definitely - with all the alacrity, aloofness and alpine wisdom I can muster

Date: August 24, 2015 20:10

Turner68
treaclefingers
Turner68
treaclefingers
Turner68
Maindefender
Bliss
Maindefender
Turner68
Maindefender

[youtu.be]

Oh most definitely - with all the alacrity, aloofness and alpine wisdom I can muster

well that's a salubrious attitude.

Posted by: everwest1 ()
Date: August 24, 2015 23:11

Trying to tun this into a filibuster wont alter opinions that this match was rigged from the start.

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: August 24, 2015 23:32

everwest1
Trying to tun this into a filibuster wont alter opinions that this match was rigged from the start.

It's a fine filigree of filibuster though.

Date: August 24, 2015 23:37

andrewt
everwest1

Yar, indeed it is!

Date: August 25, 2015 01:02

andrewt
everwest1

thanks Andrew...BC boys need to stick together!

Date: August 25, 2015 01:21

andrewt
everwest1

Flex your floundering flippers all you want, but flagrantly fleeing from flabby fingerprint file fortifies few.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-25 01:51 by Turner68.

Date: August 25, 2015 01:59

The displeasure with the results of this match have now reached WallStreet where panic selling set in as rumors of a fixed match run rampant.

Date: August 25, 2015 02:08

everwest1
The displeasure with the results of this match have now reached WallStreet where panic selling set in as rumors of a fixed match run rampant.

some may be inclined to blame the Chinese on today's outcome...the Vinyl Death Match outcome of course, but I'm not one to point fingers (sticky that is).

Date: August 25, 2015 02:19

treaclefingers
everwest1

some may be inclined to blame the Chinese on today's outcome...the Vinyl Death Match outcome of course, but I'm not one to point fingers (sticky that is).

The Chinese government steadfastly denies its any involvemnt in anything which might be viewed as negative about towards anyone in its leadership.

In another report-
Phil Collins is rumored to be releasing a statement soon saying he had nothing to do with the (rumored to be) rigged VINYL DEATH MATCH ® and continues to claim he does not even know Mr Fingers. However there are doubters of this as he has been involved with these types of shenanigans going back to the Live Aid concerts plus it would explain the recent renewed hate campaign directed towards Mr Collins. Jummy Page could not be reached for a comment as he been very busy listening to old unknown musical pieces for his future musical "inspirations".

Date: August 25, 2015 02:24

everwest1
treaclefingers
everwest1

The Chinese government steadfastly denies its any involvemnt in anything which might be viewed as negative about towards anyone in its leadership.

In another report-
Phil Collins is rumored to be releasing a statement soon saying he had nothing to do with the (rumored to be) rigged VINYL DEATH MATCH ® and continues to claim he does not even know Mr Fingers. However there are doubters of this as he has been involved with these types of shenanigans going back to the Live Aid concerts plus it would explain the recent renewed hate campaign directed towards Mr Collins. Jummy Page could not be reached for a comment as he been very busy listening to old unknown musical pieces for his future musical "inspirations".

The Chinese? That's a laugh. They've been pouring billions of dollars into Exile On Main Street all week hoping to prop it up but weren't prepared for the onslaught of IORR.

When it came down to it, Dance Little Sister really pulled IORR over the top.

Date: August 25, 2015 02:39

treaclefingers
everwest1
treaclefingers
everwest1

In another report-

The Chinese? That's a laugh. They've been pouring billions of dollars into Exile On Main Street all week hoping to prop it up but weren't prepared for the onslaught of IORR.

When it came down to it, Dance Little Sister really pulled IORR over the top.

North Korea (through an anonymous report) has stated that it feels (was told) that China is 360 degrees innocent in any involvement in anything to do with this or anything else which might reflect badly on its friend to the North and it might be forced to consider a nuclear solution to resolve this.

As international tensions continue to rise, stock markets are crashing, war drums are beating, dogs and cats are starting to eyeball each other in wanton ways... as nervous investors flock to precious metals and toilet paper.

Who could have guessed that Dance Little Sister might cause the end of the world as we know it.

Date: August 25, 2015 02:44

Ok guys. On a more serious note. Does this mean we are not supposed to listen to EOMS on vinyl anymore? What is the scope of this death match?

Date: August 25, 2015 02:51

Turner68
Ok guys. On a more serious note. Does this mean we are not supposed to listen to EOMS on vinyl anymore? What is the scope of this death match?

I am confident that after the tribunals hearings an unbiased decsion will be reached and this matter will be resolved with a result which will be saitifactory to all, as long as they are fans of the correct album, but it may take a while.

In the meantime feel free to partake in either album as often as you desire as long as it is EOMS.

Date: August 25, 2015 03:11

everwest1
Turner68

I am confident that after the tribunals hearings an unbiased decsion will be reached and this matter will be resolved with a result which will be saitifactory to all, as long as they are fans of the correct album, but it may take a while.

In the meantime feel free to partake in either album as often as you desire as long as it is EOMS.

I may have to do another match that pits IORR vs. sides 3 and 4 of EOMS...if IORR wins that, I don't we can dispute this any longer.

But yeah, listen to anything you want in the meantime, as long as it's IORR.

Date: August 25, 2015 03:17

grinning smiley CHORTLE!

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: August 25, 2015 04:10

everwest1
Jimmy Page could not be reached for a comment as he been very busy listening to old unknown musical pieces for his future musical "inspirations".

Pretty sure he's still listening to old Zeppelin recordings. Jimmy has been his own greatest musical inspiration since 1975 or so. grinning smiley

Posted by: josepi ()
Date: August 25, 2015 04:19

Posted by: LongBeachArena72 ()
Date: August 25, 2015 05:10

josepi

It makes sense that Trump would have seen this coming.

Posted by: LongBeachArena72 ()
Date: August 25, 2015 05:16

treaclefingers
everwest1
Turner68

I may have to do another match that pits IORR vs. sides 3 and 4 of EOMS...if IORR wins that, I don't we can dispute this any longer.

But yeah, listen to anything you want in the meantime, as long as it's IORR.

When I listen to IORR I like to get high and bitch about Lisa Fischer; does anyone know where I can score some weed?

Date: August 25, 2015 05:18

Naturalust
everwest1
Jimmy Page could not be reached for a comment as he been very busy listening to old unknown musical pieces for his future musical "inspirations".

Pretty sure he's still listening to old Zeppelin recordings. Jimmy has been his own greatest musical inspiration since 1975 or so. grinning smiley

Pretty sure Zep ripped a lot of their song ideas from previous recordings. For people who know music it is fairly common knowledge.

There have been several threads posted here on IORR that explained it pretty well. The threads are sort of recent, but I guess they were posted before you joined IORR. Dont worry, you can play catch up. Doing a quick search I found one thread here, but there have been several over the years.

Date: August 25, 2015 05:21

josepi
grinning smiley

THE HORROR!! THE HORROR!! What will be the next domino to go over?!!

Date: August 25, 2015 09:55

everwest1
josepi
grinning smiley

THE HORROR!! THE HORROR!! What will be the next domino to go over?!!

Shanghai's extended the losses today, NIKKEI continues to tumble.

Didn't know what I'd started here, and I'm beginning to feel a tinge of responsibility.

I did advise everyone if you remember to liquidate all your holdings to cash in preparation for this VINYL DEATH MATCH ® , so you've really only yourselves to blame if you didn't listen.

Date: August 25, 2015 10:20

It seems like the butterfly affect...
and yes it all started here, do you know how many people read this?

I missed the memo to Turner about asset liquidation, but thankfully when the technical stock charts turned South we moved everything to cash and bought OEX puts and have since sold half of the postion and am now waiting to see if this whole VINYL DEATH MATCH ® result will be rectified, or will the other shoe drop.

The world is depending on you. Think of the children.

Date: August 25, 2015 10:31

everwest1
It seems like the butterfly affect...
and yes it all started here, do you know how many people read this?

I missed the memo to Turner about asset liquidation,

it was in the fingerprint file

but thankfully when the technical stock charts turned South

(at least until the next goodbye)

we moved everything to cash and bought OEX puts

to keep you in the luxury?

and have since sold half of the postion and am now waiting to see if this whole VINYL DEATH MATCH ® result will be rectified,

Time waits for no one, my friend

or will the other shoe drop.

both shoes are on the floor, time to Dance Little Sister.

The world is depending on you.

so take your hands off your short and curlies

Think of the children.

and remember..... it's only rock-n-roll.

you see, this is why IORR won.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-25 10:35 by Turner68.

Date: August 25, 2015 10:35

Turner68

you see, this is why IORR won. better posters.

Better than this poster?

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: August 25, 2015 15:14

everwest1
Naturalust
everwest1

Pretty sure Zep ripped a lot of their song ideas from previous recordings. For people who know music it is fairly common knowledge.

There have been several threads posted here on IORR that explained it pretty well. The threads are sort of recent, but I guess they were posted before you joined IORR. Dont worry, you can play catch up. Doing a quick search I found one thread here, but there have been several over the years.

No worry's Max, relms, Leonoid, it was obviously a bit of a joke since we haven't heard Jimmy talking about anything but Zeppelin for a long time. Self referential has been Mr. Pages story for quite some time. But hey thanks for trying to educate me about Pages borrowed riffs. You'll probably be pleased to hear he lost the first round of the battle with Spirit over the Stairway to Heaven riff.

Date: August 25, 2015 15:30

Naturalust
everwest1
Naturalust
everwest1

No worry's Max, relms, Leonoid, it was obviously a bit of a joke since we haven't heard Jimmy talking about anything but Zeppelin for a long time. Self referential has been Mr. Pages story for quite some time. But hey thanks for trying to educate me about Pages borrowed riffs. You'll probably be pleased to hear he lost the first round of the battle with Spirit over the Stairway to Heaven riff.

Stick around junior, maybe we can teach you some more things.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2136
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home