Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
OT: List of best rock/n/roll drummers...WT*!
Posted by: dmay ()
Date: August 9, 2015 23:03

You gotta wonder about any list that doesn't include Charlie or Ringo.

[www.goliath.com]

Re: OT: List of best rock/n/roll drummers...WT*!
Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: August 9, 2015 23:07

Well you have to be suspect of any site that lists Prince above Keith on the list of 10 best rock and roll guitarists of all time.

[www.goliath.com]

Posted by: Captain Teague ()
Date: August 9, 2015 23:16

How can you take a list like this seriously when they don't even know the correct name of the #1 drummer? Pathetic!

Posted by: Olly ()
Date: August 9, 2015 23:41

Captain Teague
How can you take a list like this seriously when they don't even know the correct name of the #1 drummer? Pathetic!

Agreed.

I'm also shocked by the article's assertion that both Nirvana and Foo Fighters respectively were at one time 'the biggest [band] in the world.'

Olly.

Date: August 10, 2015 02:34

Alright, I'll go through the list and say if I know the drummer by name (prior to reading their description)...

13-No
12-No
11-No
10-Yes
9-No
8-YES
7-Yes
6-Yes
5- No
4- Yes
3-Yes
2-Yes
1-Yes

At least they don't snub...HEY, WHERE'S CHARLIE???

Posted by: kammpberg ()
Date: August 10, 2015 03:23

Its funny but in the 70's, John Bonham was consistently listed on worst rock drummer's lists which apparently at the time upset him greatly.....

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: August 10, 2015 07:34

Yeah, hard to take a site seriously when they spell the name of the #1 guy wrong. In fairness, a lot of those drummers have amazing technical skills (Neil Peart being a good example). Doesn't mean they'd be right for the Stones

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: August 10, 2015 11:16

Juicy hard-rock-drummers Ha Ha Ha...

Bobby Harrison/Procol Harum and Dylans sessiondrummer on H61R Bobby Gregg that's drummers Worth to mention on lists...

2 1 2 0

Posted by: vudicus ()
Date: August 10, 2015 12:03

I must've missed the Buddy Rich ROCK phase.

Another pointless pole.

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: August 10, 2015 12:54

It's just one of many lists and of course it's impossible to satisfy all readers.
Simple as that: Stones fans want to have Charlie Watts as number one and The Beatles fans want to have Ringo Starr as number one.
As far as I'm concerned I don't take these rankings too seriously, I rather consider them being a bit entertaining.
With that being said, I don't mind the fact that John Bonham is the number one pick.

Date: August 10, 2015 14:41

The Stones
It's just one of many lists and of course it's impossible to satisfy all readers.
Simple as that: Stones fans want to have Charlie Watts as number one and The Beatles fans want to have Ringo Starr as number one.
As far as I'm concerned I don't take these rankings too seriously, I rather consider them being a bit entertaining.
With that being said, I don't mind the fact that John Bonham is the number one pick.

Me neither if it wasn't for the fact that Charlie Watts is Number one smoking smiley

2 1 2 0

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: August 10, 2015 14:50

Charlie and Ginger are jazz drummers.

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: August 10, 2015 16:06

Koen
Charlie and Ginger are jazz drummers.

That is technically true of course, but I don't think it is the reason they souldn't make that list (well, Ginger actually did). If we should be that precise, then I personally would say that John Bonham is a hard rock drummer for instance. Or is Nirvana rock'n'roll? I wouldn't say so. But the truth is that the list is absolutely ridiculous and we shouldn't really waste our time with it.

Posted by: taz22 ()
Date: August 10, 2015 16:44

Come On
The Stones

Me neither if it wasn't for the fact that Charlie Watts is Number one smoking smiley

I love Charlie, but he is a much different drummer than Neil Peart. Neil although number 2 on this list, is the top rock and roll drummer in my book.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-10 16:47 by taz22.

Date: August 10, 2015 16:50

Who is that, Tom Hanks?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 10, 2015 16:55

taz22
Come On
The Stones

I love Charlie, but he is a much different drummer than Neil Peart. Neil although number 2 on this list, is the top rock and roll drummer in my book.

great shots...never seen those before

Date: August 10, 2015 17:03

treaclefingers
taz22
Come On
The Stones

great shots...never seen those before

Photo-shopping?

2 1 2 0

Posted by: taz22 ()
Date: August 10, 2015 21:11

The pictures are from the Sars Concert.

Charlie sought out Neil to talk to him just before Rush went on stage. Here is the video of them talking:

[www.youtube.com]

Charlie watched the whole Rush set from the wings and talked to Neil again after their set.

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: August 10, 2015 22:31

i'm guessing that rock-n-roll drummers were not involved in making this list.

Date: August 10, 2015 23:20

taz22
The pictures are from the Sars Concert.

Charlie sought out Neil to talk to him just before Rush went on stage.

Ok, thanks.

Posted by: Boognish ()
Date: August 11, 2015 02:58

It's one thing to self-censor the word "f-ck" but to self-censor a letter?!? Is this forum dedicated to the Stones or a conservative Christian rock band?

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: August 11, 2015 03:21

I hate somebody elses lists.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 11, 2015 03:23

I love reading my girlfriends list of ex-lovers ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: August 11, 2015 04:48

That little asterisk is quite an attention getter, ain't it?

Regarding Christian rock, ain't that a contradiction in terms like "Army intelligence?" The purpose of rock'n'roll is to move the physical and in the process discover the spiritual. Ain't this what the Stones and all them other folks is about?

Date: August 18, 2015 20:55

buddy rich is a jazz drummer so he doesn't belong. mike portnoy is pushing it just a bit to be in the top 15 on a list that doesn't include carmine appice, terry bozzio or carl palmer. if anyone on here is a drummer no way you can argue with lombardo or carey being on there. gene hoglan, paul bostaph, carlie benante and nick menza are also worth candidates

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: August 18, 2015 21:41

Right here number one

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-18 21:43 by More Hot Rocks.

Posted by: Rollin' Stoner ()
Date: August 18, 2015 21:51

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: August 18, 2015 22:01

dmay
That little asterisk is quite an attention getter, ain't it?

Regarding Christian rock, ain't that a contradiction in terms like "Army intelligence?" The purpose of rock'n'roll is to move the physical and in the process discover the spiritual. Ain't this what the Stones and all them other folks is about?

LOL. There are a few cases where the lines get pretty gray and you've just got to take note of the music, regardless of the message. Kings X has a few good numbers and Phil Keaggy can play a pretty mean guitar.

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: August 18, 2015 22:04

No Carl Palmer or Bill Brufford...Abe Laboriel Jr, no Alan White,

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: August 18, 2015 23:32

Bloody hell, idiotic list indeed. Throwing Buddy Rich in there (in a lost of rock drummers) is like saying steak is one of your favorite fruits. And Dave Grohl better than Stewart Copeland? Christ I wish these publications would not screw with us like this. No Carl Palmer, no Bill Bruford... That list is an insult to the art.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1730
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home