Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...135136137138139140141142143144145Next
Current Page: 144 of 145
Re: The Rolling Stones set list discussions
Posted by: irishjohnnie ()
Date: May 4, 2024 23:57

I'm very disappointed that so far they have dropped Midnight Rambler. It's the highlight of the show for me. Hope it comes back for Chicago #1.

Re: Only 1 song
Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: May 5, 2024 00:23

More Hot Rocks
TravellinMan
Let's have a song from Ronnie now that Keith has made room.

You want Ronnie to do a non Rolling stones song during a Rolling Stones concert. But just not a cover but something from his solo works? You're not serious?

I Can Feel The Fire works due to its Stones connection.

Posted by: BlueLands ()
Date: May 5, 2024 09:30

Personally, I think they should drop Start Me Up, Paint It, Black and Satisfaction. Im glad they aren't doing IORR, they could also probably drop YCAGWYW as well - as Sweet Sounds is pretty much the same idea.

I also think they ought to invert the cyber vote for war horses. Depending on how much the people like a war horse, they could then focus on more newer material lke Bite My Head Off, Get Close & Live by the Sword, which, imho, ought to be the icing on the setlist.

Im going to Cleveland and then Chicago #2.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 5, 2024 09:49

They should bring Bill back
and do a sped up version of Cosmic Christmas ...

Would freak the crowd esp in thee month of May .....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: TravellinMan ()
Date: May 5, 2024 09:53

Rockman

Nice. I would prefer Je Suis un Rockstar.

Posted by: JivinSisterFanny ()
Date: May 5, 2024 23:45

TravellinMan
Rockman

If Bill comes back...maybe "Apache Woman" (to replace "Brown Sugar")?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 6, 2024 15:45

JivinSisterFanny
TravellinMan
Rockman

Bill would probably prefer this cut:

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: May 6, 2024 22:09

Mick Jagger on building the ultimate Rolling Stones setlist for 2024

I love that you guys started doing “Out of Time” recently. I've always loved that song. What brought you back around to that?

I've always loved it. But the audience in America doesn't seem to know it as well as the European audience. So I think I'm going to give it a miss.

Uh oh. So we're not gonna hear that one in Phoenix?!

Maybe not.

Aw man....

In Europe, they all sang along and everything. Here, they don't seem to know the song, you know? I mean, it's not a particularly well-known Stones song. It got a bit of popularity because it was in that (Quentin) Tarantino movie as a playout song. But they don't seem to know it. I put it in the front of the set, or near the front. And everyone's looking around like, “Ehh, what's this?” I don't know. I like to switch the set around. We've only done two shows. And I don't like doing the same set every night.

How do you go about putting a setlist together at this point?

Well, I have a list of all the numbers we rehearsed, right? We rehearsed for four weeks. So then, I go through all the ones I think we have to do, that people expect, that if we didn't do them, people would go, “Well, I came here to see ‘Honky Tonk Women' and they didn't do it.” And of course, I enjoy doing it. It's not a problem.

But then, the front half of the show, I kind of switch around a bit, just to keep everyone on their toes and interested with different ones on different nights. And now I've got to incorporate songs from the new album, which we rehearsed quite a few of them. And as I said before, we're only doing three so I'm switching it around a bit.

Are there other older songs you've never done live that you'd like to get around to someday?

I've tried to hit everything (laughs). I mean, I've been through the whole thing. And we do really weird ones. I mean, we did “I Wanna Be Your Man” (an early Stones single written by Lennon-McCartney) in Liverpool. That was really funny. We do that kind of thing from time to time out of the blue.

[www.azcentral.com]

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: May 6, 2024 22:38

I understand the need for them to play warhorses, but it’d be really cool if the song vote was always super-deep cuts (songs played less than 50 times) not the usual song vote choices.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-05-07 02:06 by NashvilleBlues.

Posted by: philrock90 ()
Date: May 6, 2024 22:48

Drop out of time add back 19th nervous or do the last time for abit of a laugh too

Posted by: BeastyBurdeny ()
Date: May 6, 2024 23:04

drop OOT and add MLH

Posted by: scottie7397 ()
Date: May 7, 2024 00:44

Drop OOT and add Under My Thumb. Brown Sugar and Midnight Rambler would be much appreciated adds.

Posted by: stonesurvive ()
Date: May 7, 2024 01:01

............i've always loved Out of Time, it would be great if Mick had Chris Jagger come out and start the vocals, then have Mick join in............

............in New Haven in '05, they did Ruby Tuesday with a little bit of smoke effect behind Jagger.Amazing!!!.

............Maroon 5 opened, but they only had out their first album, which was great!. Since then, somebody convinced them to switch to synth-popthumbs down.

Date: May 7, 2024 01:06

scottie7397
Drop OOT and add Under My Thumb. Brown Sugar and Midnight Rambler would be much appreciated adds.

UMT would be my choice to replace OOT, unless they are willing to play MLH.

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: May 7, 2024 01:10

This forum for years has been full of fans complaining about war horses. They listen and add songs like OOT and folks complain that they want war horses added back to the setlist. You literally can't win..

Posted by: MisterO ()
Date: May 7, 2024 01:26

Rockman

I almost forgot about the sped up version of Cosmic Christmas. IIRC if it was played at 78 it would be "We wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year".

Posted by: LSTNT ()
Date: May 7, 2024 03:18

Lien

But then, the front half of the show, I kind of switch around a bit, just to keep everyone on their toes and interested with different ones on different nights. And now I've got to incorporate songs from the new album, which we rehearsed quite a few of them. And as I said before, we're only doing three so I'm switching it around a bit.”

This quote of only doing three new songs does not bode well for Keith doing TMS.

[www.azcentral.com]

Date: May 7, 2024 04:33

TumblinDice76
This forum for years has been full of fans complaining about war horses. They listen and add songs like OOT and folks complain that they want war horses added back to the setlist. You literally can't win..

I definitely don't want a warhorse back in for OOT. Either keep it in or, if Mick isn't happy with crowd reaction, mix it up with another lesser played song (not SFM, NNB, etc)

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: May 7, 2024 04:45

TumblinDice76

It's incredible, people here asking to add Brown Sugar, Midnight Rambler, songs that have been played a million times, you can't believe it, every warhorse they remove is a gift from heaven, I hope they remove more and more and add more deep cuts or new ones, I can live without listening to almost any warhorse until they retire.

I can't believe that die hard fans want to continue listening to the same warhorses from the last 45-60 years and when they finally retire some of them people complain.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: May 7, 2024 05:34

irishjohnnie
I'm very disappointed that so far they have dropped Midnight Rambler. It's the highlight of the show for me. Hope it comes back for Chicago #1.

So you're against them playing new songs.

Wrong tour for you.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: May 7, 2024 05:46

georgelicks
TumblinDice76

It's incredible, people here asking to add Brown Sugar, Midnight Rambler, songs that have been played a million times, you can't believe it, every warhorse they remove is a gift from heaven, I hope they remove more and more and add more deep cuts or new ones, I can live without listening to almost any warhorse until they retire.

I can't believe that die hard fans want to continue listening to the same warhorses from the last 45-60 years and when they finally retire some of them people complain.

There are so many other great songs, fantastic songs, and good songs, that they could play in place of

TD
IORR
PIB
HTW
MR
SFM
SFTD
GS
JJF
SMU
MY
Satisfaction

But they aren't hits. They're not on HOT ROCKS or whatever, HONK (some are, probably).

It will never happen. It KINDA did in 1978 and 1981 but far more so lesser than - there are so many they didn't do yet it's not that much of a difference.

That aspect is over and has been since 2005.

The Rolling Stones in 2024 playing 3 new songs?

No one thought that possible going back to even 2012 maybe. As in, a new album.

Here is 2024 and we await the other songs, including Tell Me Straight.

Posted by: frenki09 ()
Date: May 7, 2024 09:42

JivinSisterFanny
TravellinMan
Rockman

If Bill comes back, so should Suzanne.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: May 7, 2024 10:09

LSTNT
Lien

But then, the front half of the show, I kind of switch around a bit, just to keep everyone on their toes and interested with different ones on different nights. And now I've got to incorporate songs from the new album, which we rehearsed quite a few of them. And as I said before, we're only doing three so I'm switching it around a bit.”

This quote of only doing three new songs does not bode well for Keith doing TMS.

[www.azcentral.com]

Hmmm...I don't think that part of show is under Mick's control nor I don't think he counts it for his calculations. Keith can play whatever he wants.

- Doxa

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: May 7, 2024 10:15

Lien
Mick Jagger on building the ultimate Rolling Stones setlist for 2024

I love that you guys started doing “Out of Time” recently. I've always loved that song. What brought you back around to that?

I've always loved it. But the audience in America doesn't seem to know it as well as the European audience. So I think I'm going to give it a miss.

Uh oh. So we're not gonna hear that one in Phoenix?!

Maybe not.

Aw man....

In Europe, they all sang along and everything. Here, they don't seem to know the song, you know? I mean, it's not a particularly well-known Stones song. It got a bit of popularity because it was in that (Quentin) Tarantino movie as a playout song. But they don't seem to know it. I put it in the front of the set, or near the front. And everyone's looking around like, “Ehh, what's this?” I don't know. I like to switch the set around. We've only done two shows. And I don't like doing the same set every night.

How do you go about putting a setlist together at this point?

Well, I have a list of all the numbers we rehearsed, right? We rehearsed for four weeks. So then, I go through all the ones I think we have to do, that people expect, that if we didn't do them, people would go, “Well, I came here to see ‘Honky Tonk Women' and they didn't do it.” And of course, I enjoy doing it. It's not a problem.

But then, the front half of the show, I kind of switch around a bit, just to keep everyone on their toes and interested with different ones on different nights. And now I've got to incorporate songs from the new album, which we rehearsed quite a few of them. And as I said before, we're only doing three so I'm switching it around a bit.

Are there other older songs you've never done live that you'd like to get around to someday?

I've tried to hit everything (laughs). I mean, I've been through the whole thing. And we do really weird ones. I mean, we did “I Wanna Be Your Man” (an early Stones single written by Lennon-McCartney) in Liverpool. That was really funny. We do that kind of thing from time to time out of the blue.

[www.azcentral.com]

Thanks for the link! I recommend to read the whole thing. A nice interview (there haven't been many of them since the album release).

- Doxa

Posted by: dedospegajosos ()
Date: May 7, 2024 22:04

I think the problem is, and I know it sounds absurd, that they don´t have enaugh well know songs for 95% of the audience members. That´s why the can´t rerally change the set very much. You could say " do they really have to play JJF every night?" For us NO, but for the average audience YES.

Most of the audience knows only JJF, PIB, MY, SMU, IORR, SATISFACTION, ANGIE, LSTNT.

Maybe, SFM, BS,GM.

Damn I gotta go!

Posted by: J-J-Flash ()
Date: May 7, 2024 22:09

They have plenty of songs that most people at shows would know that they rarely play. Look at Hot Rocks and how many songs they rarely play from that.

Posted by: JN99 ()
Date: May 8, 2024 19:39

It looks like the set list template for this tour is set now. I don't think we should expect much to change, if anything. There's the couple rotational slots up front and perhaps a new song here or there in the "vote" slot but the rest looks like it will remain unchanged. It's no surprise really, but still find it a bit disappointing.

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: May 8, 2024 20:20

On an 18 song setlist (now down from 19), I don't think you are going to get much variety when you have to play these obligatory warhorses: jack flash, satisfaction,honky tonk,Gimme Shelter, tumbling dice, can't always get, paint it black, Miss You, sympathy, start me up. Then you throw in 3 new ones, there is not much left to work with. I have always been of the opinion that Mick Jagger underestimates his audiences...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-05-08 20:31 by Sighunt.

Date: May 8, 2024 20:33

Would anyone miss Tumbling Dice if the drop it?

Date: May 8, 2024 20:37

The problem is the audience, short atention span .. they easily go down to they phones if they are not super super exited .How many people actually look a the stage during Keith set? 30%?? The rest is in the bathroom, on whatssap, taking selfies or chatting about what they are going to eat later.

And Mick hates this like poison. Maybe that is why keith does one song now, come to think of it.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2024-05-08 20:40 by dedospegajosos.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...135136137138139140141142143144145Next
Current Page: 144 of 145

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1043
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home