Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Expanded Rock'n'Roll Circus on the way?
Posted by: johnnythunders ()
Date: July 27, 2015 14:25

I received this email over the weekend. Clearly this is a boot, but I wonder if its existence indicates someone has been checking the vaults….

------

THE ROLLING STONES – ROCK’N’ ROLL CIRCUS SESSIONS (3-CD + 1-DVD BOX OMS) 45 euro Soundboard
- Complete version in amazing true stereo !!!. The new “commercial” version is in mono.
(CD 1)
- Outtakes and rehearsals including all existing versions of “Parachute Woman” (The Rolling Stones),
“A Quick One (While He’s Away)” (The Who) plus all existing “Yer Blues” jams and mixes (The Dirty Mac) + more (CD 2)
- More outtakes and IBC acetates (The Dirty Mac / The Who / Jimi Hendrix) (CD 3)
- Rough cuts, alternate b & w video versions, unreleased multi-angle camera + more (DVD-Video)
Comes with 48-page full colour booklet.

Re: Expanded Rock'n'Roll Circus on the way?
Posted by: saltoftheearth ()
Date: July 27, 2015 15:07

Does that mean that tracks like Confessin' the blues and Route 66 are included?

Posted by: LiveAtHidepark ()
Date: July 27, 2015 17:43

It's a copy of Mister Claudel release.

(Thanks to StonedStone for infos)

Posted by: nankerphlege ()
Date: July 27, 2015 19:43

Nah. Confessing the blues and route 66 were not recorded.

Go Dawgs!

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: July 27, 2015 19:52

I hope it includes the rehearsals and out takes for Whole Lotta Yoko. winking smiley

Actually the as yet unreleased video sounds great, this should be good.

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: July 27, 2015 20:00

the dirty mac blues jam could be great, has anyone heard it?

Posted by: rootsman ()
Date: July 27, 2015 20:34

Jimi Hendrix...?

What´s with those tracks being on there?

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: July 27, 2015 20:52

rootsman
Jimi Hendrix...?

What´s with those tracks being on there?

Great question! Perhaps they just played some of his songs over the PA to warm the audience up. Pretty sure he wasn't there but I may be wrong.....he didn't perform anywhere else on those dates in 1968 and may have showed up to support his buddy Mitch. I also imagine that his management wouldn't have allowed any of his material to be released/associated with the project.

Posted by: dandelion1967 ()
Date: July 28, 2015 04:39

LiveAtHidepark
It's a copy of Mister Claudel release.

(Thanks to StonedStone for infos)

it's available for download?

--------------------------------------------

"I'm gonna walk... before they make me run"

--------------------------------------------

Date: July 28, 2015 06:00

It would be amazing if someone could post this here (well, obviously not the first disc...), seems like a treasure trove of goodies!

Posted by: riffcliche69 ()
Date: August 6, 2015 01:53

Here are the sources for some of the audio material on this release: 1) the multiple takes of "A Quick One (While He's Away) by The Who are from a well-circulated DAT recording 2) the three songs by Taj Mahal are from his CD "In Progress And In Motion (disc one)"; 3) the various mixes of Dirty Mac's "Yer Blues/Whole Lotta Yoko" are from a) "British Blues Jam", a seventies vinyl bootleg on Contraband Music (CBM); b) Westwood One's "Lost Lennon Tapes", specifically episode # 88-31 (7/25/88-7/31/88), which featured "Warm-Up Jam", "Yer Blues" and "Whole Lotta Yoko" (listed on cue sheet as "Her Blues"), and episode # 90-13 (6/26/89-7/2/89), the so-called "Yer Blues" rehearsal. Beatles expert Doug Sulpy revealed in "Where's Eric?" magazine that this "rehearsal" is actually one channel of a stereo recording. Note that these copies of "The Lost Lennon Tapes" are heavily compressed and have the bottom end "rolled off". Finally, I used to have a 3 & 3/4 ips reel-to-reel copy of the IBC acetates, complete with a studio cue sheet. There were no songs by The Dirty Mac or Jimi Hendrix on it.

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: August 6, 2015 03:27

Do I get this right: the first cd is just the wel known official one, we already have anyway? And there are only four rehearsal outtakes from the Stones on this box?

Posted by: riffcliche69 ()
Date: August 6, 2015 05:59

Your suspicions are quite justified, GJV. So-called rehearsal tapes of "You Can't Always Get what You Want" and "Parachute Woman",both with film sprocket noise, began to circulate in '75 or '76,and were soon bootlegged on RSVP's "Gravestones/Rape of the Vaults". I did not list them as sources to this new set because I have not heard all of the Misterclaudel release yet.

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: August 6, 2015 16:15

Yoko Ono's contributions should have been deleted. Embarrassing to say the least.

Date: August 6, 2015 17:51

crumbling_mice
Yoko Ono's contributions should have been deleted. Embarrassing to say the least.

I thought that jam was alright...up until the horrifying 'singing' starts...

Posted by: Rank Stranger ()
Date: November 26, 2015 20:59

Has anybody out there got a download link by now??

Would be so nice to have!

Thanks

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: November 26, 2015 21:02

BeforeTheyMakeMeRun
crumbling_mice

I thought that jam was alright...up until the horrifying 'singing' starts...

They get into a great groove, I agree.

Date: November 27, 2015 05:01

Rank Stranger
Has anybody out there got a download link by now??

Would be so nice to have!

Thanks

I agree...

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: November 27, 2015 12:08

Very impressing Line-up...

Posted by: tjkrol ()
Date: May 10, 2016 19:00

I've been searching for the 3 takes of "A Quick One" by The Who for quite some time. Would those tracks be available for download? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: May 10, 2016 22:01

tjkrol
I've been searching for the 3 takes of "A Quick One" by The Who for quite some time. Would those tracks be available for download? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

At least one and a half of these takes were officially released, if I'm not wrong.

Date: May 10, 2016 22:04

Thanks for the info. I always thought only 1 take was officially released.

Date: May 10, 2016 22:06

Maybe not.
[www.thewho.net]

Date: May 10, 2016 22:09

tjkrol
Maybe not.
[www.thewho.net]

This is a bootleg, right?

Date: May 10, 2016 22:11

Cristiano Radtke
tjkrol
Maybe not.
[www.thewho.net]

Yes

Date: May 10, 2016 22:12

tjkrol
Cristiano Radtke
tjkrol
Maybe not.
[www.thewho.net]

Yes

OK. This info comes from the same website:

"From the "Thirty Years of Maximum R&B" liner notes by Brian Cady.

Studio section recorded at IBC Studios, Pye Studios and Regent Sound, London in the autumn of 1966.
Live section recorded December 10, 1968 at Stonebridge House Studios, Wembley.

'00-'21 and 6'54-9'39 are from a live performance recorded for the television program The Rolling Stones' Rock & Roll Circus. It's an alternate take (probably take two) of the one that appears in the movie and soundtrack of The Kids Are Alright and on the video and CD of The Rolling Stones' Rock & Roll Circus. '21-6'54 is from the mono version of the studio cut recorded for the LP A Quick One."

[www.thewho.net]

Date: May 10, 2016 22:15

Cristiano Radtke
tjkrol
Cristiano Radtke
tjkrol
Maybe not.
[www.thewho.net]

Yes

OK. This info comes from the same website:

"From the "Thirty Years of Maximum R&B" liner notes by Brian Cady.

Studio section recorded at IBC Studios, Pye Studios and Regent Sound, London in the autumn of 1966.
Live section recorded December 10, 1968 at Stonebridge House Studios, Wembley.

'00-'21 and 6'54-9'39 are from a live performance recorded for the television program The Rolling Stones' Rock & Roll Circus. It's an alternate take (probably take two) of the one that appears in the movie and soundtrack of The Kids Are Alright and on the video and CD of The Rolling Stones' Rock & Roll Circus. '21-6'54 is from the mono version of the studio cut recorded for the LP A Quick One."

[www.thewho.net]
So it appears that one take has not been officially released.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: May 10, 2016 23:06

Some fact about the Studio and the filming................

The Beatles performed here in 1966 and were recorded in colour on videotape. There was also another production made here by the Stones in December 1968 that has become almost legendary. It was the result of a project to create a rock concert tour staged in an 'experimental' mix of music and circus. The tour never happened but a film was shot. Called The Rolling Stones Rock and Roll Circus, it was a kind of concert by the Stones within a circus tent set and with many special guests.

The show included performances by The Who, Jethro Tull, Taj Mahal, Marianne Faithful, Yoko Ono and 'The Dirty Mac', a group that was the first musical context in which John Lennon performed before an audience outside The Beatles. The Dirty Mac was Eric Clapton (lead guitar), The Rolling Stones’ own Keith Richards (bass) and Mitch Mitchell of the Jimi Hendrix Experience (drums) with Lennon on guitar and vocals. It was also the last time guitarist Brian Jones performed with the Stones. A few months later he had died. A DVD of this production is available and is highly recommended.

The cameras for this programme were not the usual Intertel ones. They were a curious hybrid of 16mm film camera and black and white video camera. The cameras were operated in a TV style, using electronic viewfinders and mounted on Vinten peds and a Mole crane. They were supplied for this show by a French company and apparently were highly prone to breaking down. The delays in filming caused the show to overrun until 5.30 in the morning.

Amazingly, the processed film rushes were not edited at the time. It seems that despite the success of the show the Stones decided to remake it at the Colosseum in Rome. (Why not?) Perhaps not surprisingly, it proved to be impossible to get permission to film there so the project foundered and the film rushes were left in cans in the Stones' office. When they moved offices some time later the film cans were moved to a barn owned by the road manager and forgotten. He died some twelve years later and his wife rediscovered them. They were finally edited and turned into an extraordinary film in 1996 that is a unique snapshot of the world of rock thirty years earlier..

This still of The Who shows the French hybrid TV/16mm film cameras hired in to make the Rolling Stones Rock and Roll Circus. The cameramen are framing using a video CRT viewfinder. However, on the top of each camera is a magazine for film reels. The image was split and passed to the video camera to enable the shot to be previewed and also to a film camera enabling the image to be recorded. Thus the show could be directed using multicamera TV methods but the final print would be on colour film and capable of being shown anywhere in the world.

Posted by: ash ()
Date: May 11, 2016 13:36

Just a small correction to your fascinating post Nicos. I don't think the Fab 4 actually filmed at Intertel in 1966 but Intertel's equipment was used for the shoots for Paperback Writer/Rain at Abbey Road and Chiswick the following day.
The results can be seen here
[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: May 11, 2016 21:23

ash
Just a small correction to your fascinating post Nicos. I don't think the Fab 4 actually filmed at Intertel in 1966 but Intertel's equipment was used for the shoots for Paperback Writer/Rain at Abbey Road and Chiswick the following day.
The results can be seen here
[www.youtube.com]

Thanks for the rectification Ash..............here is the original link

[www.tvstudiohistory.co.uk]

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2015
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home