Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Stones = Axis of evil?!
Posted by: Harm ()
Date: August 3, 2005 13:26

After Bush hears "Sweet Neocon" they'll probably be part of the "axis of evil"
(according to a newspaper)
:-)

Re: Stones = Axis of evil?!
Posted by: drake ()
Date: August 3, 2005 14:00

According to a newspaper thats bogus. smiling smiley

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: August 3, 2005 14:08

Eeuuhhh,,,,it is a bit, yeah. But let's wait and see.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: August 3, 2005 14:13

Hmm.. how come I have the feeling that there is a heated political debate about to rise here... smiling smiley

- Doxa

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: August 3, 2005 14:18

Yeah...I can see it too Doxa grinning smiley
I am very happy to see that the Stones felt that they should record a song against the Bush administration. And I am even more happy to see that it will be included on the new album!

Belgrade-Bucharest-Budapest-Brno

Posted by: Tseverin ()
Date: August 3, 2005 14:24

Being made an enemy of Bush is like getting a badge of honour.

Posted by: Rockingfan ()
Date: August 3, 2005 14:31

I think even not being a friend of the Mr. ... the Rolling Stones are clever enough nowadays just to not perform the song in the States.
I mean they would even play in China under a censored program so they just might adjust these little things by themselves. Or does nobody remember: Let's spend some time together?

Posted by: mr edward ()
Date: August 3, 2005 15:11

Harm Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> After Bush hears "Sweet Neocon" they'll probably
> be part of the "axis of evil"
> (according to a newspaper)
> :-)

Did anyone see the Saturday Night Live opening with Will Ferrell as Bush, speeching on the axis of evil? Briliant! I try to look it up on the internet, but couldn't find it.

"Germany and Japan were in the original axis of evil. They thought I forgot. But I didn't. They're back in. And so is France."

regards, E.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-08-03 16:16 by mr edward.

Posted by: davido ()
Date: August 3, 2005 16:32

Wonder if the Stones heard about
or read our discussion on Stones
politics here?

Posted by: sladog ()
Date: August 3, 2005 18:43

"I am very happy to see that the Stones felt that they should record a song against the Bush administration."

WHY???????????????????????

Why bring politics into it???? Doesn't matter who you like, keep politics out of it! The Stones have a long history of VERY LITTLE political songs unlike others.

Please, explain to me your quote there. Why are you happy to see your favorite band get political? That makes NO sense at all.

Posted by: Debra ()
Date: August 3, 2005 19:00

Mick would be proud of me! I have 2 bumperstickers on my car! One reads: PROUD AMERICAN SHAMED BY BUSH, the other reads SAVE THE USA---IMPEACH BUSH! I am glad the Stones are voicing an opinion! I hope BUSH Hears the song! I may have to call the White House and play it for him!

Posted by: john r ()
Date: August 3, 2005 19:06

The political culture is very intense & polarized right now - if Jagger feels strongly about something, if something (lust, awareness of mortality / age, political climate, etc) fires him up he should write about it.

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: August 3, 2005 20:42

sladog Wrote:
> "I am very happy to see that the Stones felt that
> they should record a song against the Bush
> administration."
>
> WHY???????????????????????
>
> Why bring politics into it???? Doesn't matter who
> you like, keep politics out of it! The Stones have
> a long history of VERY LITTLE political songs
> unlike others.
>
> Please, explain to me your quote there. Why are
> you happy to see your favorite band get political?
> That makes NO sense at all.

I confess, I wanted to provoce a bit grinning smiley
But still it is true what I said, I am glad to see that my favourite band agrees with my political point of view. It would be a problem for me if they wrote a hymn about how great Bush is... So the song will be a highlight for me.

Belgrade-Bucharest-Budapest-Brno

Posted by: inopeng ()
Date: August 3, 2005 21:13

Again, if they're going to get political, why not take on Al Qaeda or the prick in North Korea? I love the Stones but perhaps the lyric in Beast of Burden is now appropriate..."A'int I tough enough?"

Date: August 4, 2005 01:22

Criticizing Osama Bin Laden might be just a little to...banal. I mean what's the point? How tough would that be?

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: August 4, 2005 01:23

In Speech, Bush Calls Iraq, Iran and North Korea 'Axis of Evil" -- N.Y.
Times, 1/30/02

ANGERED BY SNUBBING, LIBYA, CHINA SYRIA FORM AXIS OF JUST AS EVIL

Cuba, Sudan, Serbia form Axis of Somewhat Evil; Other Nations Start Own
Clubs.

Beijing (SatireWire.com): Bitter after being snubbed for membership in the "Axis of Evil," Libya, China, and Syria today announced they had formed the "Axis of Just as Evil," which they said would be way eviler than that stupid Iran-Iraq-North Korea axis President Bush warned of his State of the Union address. Axis of Evil members, however, immediately dismissed the new axis
as having, for starters, a really dumb name. "Right. They are Just as Evil... in their dreams!" declared North Korean leader Kim Jong-il. "Everybody knows we're the best evils... best at being evil... we're the best."

Diplomats from Syria denied they were jealous over being excluded, although they conceded they did ask if they could join the Axis of Evil. "They told us it was full," said Syrian President Bashar al-Assad. "An Axis can't have more than three countries," explained Iraqi President Saddam Hussein. "This is not my rule, it's tradition. In World War II you had Germany, Italy, and
Japan in the evil Axis. So you can only have three. And a secret handshake. Ours is wicked cool."

THE AXIS PANDEMIC

International reaction to Bush's Axis of Evil declaration was swift, as within minutes, France surrendered. Elsewhere, peer-conscious nations rushed to gain triumvirate status in what became a game of geopolitical chairs. Cuba, Sudan, and Serbia said they had formed the Axis of "Somewhat Evil", forcing Somalia to join with Uganda and Myanmar in the Axis of "Occasionally Evil", while Bulgaria, Indonesia and Russia established the Axis of "Not So
Much Evil Really" As Just "Generally Disagreeable". With the criteria suddenly expanded and all the desirable clubs filling up, Sierra Leone, El Salvador, and Rwanda applied to be called the Axis of Countries That "Aren't the Worst But Certainly Won't Be Asked to Host the Olympics"; Canada, Mexico, and Australia formed the Axis of Nations "That Are Actually Quite Nice But Secretly Have Nasty Thoughts About America", while Spain, Scotland, and New Zealand established the Axis of Countries "That Be Allowed to Ask Sheep to Wear Lipstick". "That's not a threat, really, just something we like to do," said Scottish Executive First Minister Jack McConnell. While wondering if the other nations of the world weren't perhaps making fun of
him, a cautious Bush granted approval for most axes, although he rejected the establishment of the Axis of Countries Whose Names End in "Guay," accusing one of its members of filing a false application. Officials from Paraguay, Uruguay, and Chadguay denied the charges.

Israel, meanwhile, insisted it didn't want to join any Axis, but privately, world leaders said that's only because no one asked them.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: August 4, 2005 03:48

mr edward Wrote:
> Did anyone see the Saturday Night Live opening
> with Will Ferrell as Bush, speeching on the axis
> of evil? Briliant! I try to look it up on the
> internet, but couldn't find it.

That's really a great one. My favorite quote is "Libya, Iran, and one of them Koreas"

Posted by: sprandel ()
Date: August 4, 2005 03:51

Debra Wrote:
> Mick would be proud of me! I have 2 bumperstickers
> on my car! One reads: PROUD AMERICAN SHAMED BY
> BUSH, the other reads SAVE THE USA---IMPEACH BUSH!
> I am glad the Stones are voicing an opinion! I
> hope BUSH Hears the song! I may have to call the
> White House and play it for him!

Your a bonehead! Only white trash put bumper stickers on their cars! I'll bet that you drink wine from a box.

Date: August 4, 2005 04:20

"Your a bonehead! Only white trash...." etc And what about personal insults & name calling?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1698
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home