Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 4 of 6
Re: Keith interview - MOJO, September 2015
Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: July 28, 2015 16:34

with sssoul
Life came out in late 2010. Two years isn't all that many - it just seemed long at the time.
In any case, no need to discuss anyone's privates in public

You just did

Posted by: Olly ()
Date: July 28, 2015 16:49

GasLightStreet

But... he didn't reveal it. Not in that article anyway. And in fact, no article.

It's astounding, really.

GasLightStreet

... They said he confirmed it yet no where in any article is there a flat out statement saying there will be a new Stones album, just that he really hopes there is.

GasLightStreet, many of your posts in this discussion are false.

As Naturalust has pointed out, the article from www.mirror.co.uk, reproduced by bye bye johnny, unequivocally states that Richards 'confirmed' there will be a new Stones album.

Questioning the authority or professionalism of the source is one thing, but you cannot deny what the article contains.

I cannot understand your desire to post false and misleading statements.

I'd be interested to hear your reasoning for doing so.

Olly.

Posted by: CloudCat ()
Date: July 28, 2015 18:11

keefriffhards
with sssoul
Life came out in late 2010. Two years isn't all that many - it just seemed long at the time.

You just did

nope: you did

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: July 28, 2015 18:20

CloudCat
keefriffhards
with sssoul

You just did

nope: you did

the first case of a rolling stone discussing someone's private in public was mick jagger in "star star" i believe.

"Your tricks with fruit was kind a cute
I bet you keep your .... clean"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-28 18:21 by Turner68.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: July 28, 2015 18:44

GasLightStreet
Naturalust
GasLightStreet
Naturalust
Keith smokes weed? Mick is a control freak? Nothing new there.

Keith reveals there will be a new Stones album?! Yeah! Bring it on.

Telling that the only and best real news was in the last paragraph.

But... he didn't reveal it. Not in that article anyway. And in fact, no article.

It's astounding, really.

Where does this sentence come from then?

The rocker, who also confirmed there would be a new Stones album, joked: “He doesn’t particularly like to work with me all the time – but he doesn’t want me to work with anyone else, either.

It can't be taken out of context from that long ago can it?

Where does that sentence come from? Does it matter? They said he confirmed it yet no where in any article is there a flat out statement saying there will be a new Stones album, just that he really hopes there is.

Here's what Keith said, as published in Mojo's latest edition:

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: July 28, 2015 18:58

Cristiano Radtke
GasLightStreet
Naturalust
GasLightStreet
Naturalust
Keith smokes weed? Mick is a control freak? Nothing new there.

Keith reveals there will be a new Stones album?! Yeah! Bring it on.

Telling that the only and best real news was in the last paragraph.

It's astounding, really.

Where does this sentence come from then?

The rocker, who also confirmed there would be a new Stones album, joked: “He doesn’t particularly like to work with me all the time – but he doesn’t want me to work with anyone else, either.

It can't be taken out of context from that long ago can it?

Where does that sentence come from? Does it matter? They said he confirmed it yet no where in any article is there a flat out statement saying there will be a new Stones album, just that he really hopes there is.

Here's what Keith said, as published in Mojo's latest edition:

That sounds pretty promising to me. Thanks for the post. Perhaps we will see them in the studio before the end of the year. I think Keith being busy supporting his release is the only thing that may get in the way. I hope not because based on the last tour they are all playings and singing well, let's hope they have the writing and song selection to match it.

Date: July 28, 2015 19:09

Naturalust

That sounds pretty promising to me. Thanks for the post. Perhaps we will see them in the studio before the end of the year. I think Keith being busy supporting his release is the only thing that may get in the way. I hope not because based on the last tour they are all playings and singing well, let's hope they have the writing and song selection to match it.

Yep, I think the same. After all these years reading Mick or Keith's interviews, we can read that as being a confirmation that a new album is coming.

Date: July 28, 2015 20:06

Cristiano Radtke
Naturalust

Yep, I think the same. After all these years reading Mick or Keith's interviews, we can read that as being a confirmation that a new album is coming.

now i understand why you guys were so disappointed about mick taylor playing on so few songs in 2013, him not playing on the 2015 tour, and the tour not including all of sticky fingers at every show....

i applaud your optimism. although for my part, being optimistic means hoping it's a covers album.

Date: July 28, 2015 20:18

Turner68
Cristiano Radtke
Naturalust

now i understand why you guys were so disappointed about mick taylor playing on so few songs in 2013, him not playing on the 2015 tour, and the tour not including all of sticky fingers at every show....

i applaud your optimism. although for my part, being optimistic means hoping it's a covers album.

As far as I remember, I've never posted anything stating that I was disappointed about MT not playing this year (and playing a few songs in 2013/2014) and the setlists not including SF at every show. Just asking, where did you read that?

And as for being optimistic, I can't help but feel that way when I see the Stones are still working (on a tour or a new record), even if it's a covers album. cool smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-28 20:27 by Cristiano Radtke.

Date: July 28, 2015 20:40

Cristiano Radtke
Turner68
Cristiano Radtke
Naturalust

As far as I remember, I've never posted anything stating that I was disappointed about MT not playing this year (and playing a few songs in 2013/2014) and the setlists not including SF at every show. Just asking, where did you read that?

And as for being optimistic, I can't help but feel that way when I see the Stones are still working (on a tour or a new record), even if it's a covers album. cool smiley

i was speaking more generally, about the board, when i said "you guys" i apologize that i made it sound like it was directed at anyone in particular.

i do think that the more optimism, the better.

Date: July 28, 2015 21:02

Turner68
Cristiano Radtke
Turner68
Cristiano Radtke
Naturalust

i was speaking more generally, about the board, when i said "you guys" i apologize that i made it sound like it was directed at anyone in particular.

Ah, OK. I thought you were talking about me, but now it's all clarified.
I agree with you about the optimism. Until now we only know what are their plans for the future, so there's no need to be negative about that. smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-28 21:03 by Cristiano Radtke.

Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: July 28, 2015 21:28

I can't find my Mojo anywhere.

Date: July 28, 2015 21:28

Turner68
Cristiano Radtke
Turner68
Cristiano Radtke
Naturalust

For the record, I have posted enough about my disappointment concerning no MT this tour and his under utilization the last tour to make up for the both of you. Still unhappy about it since it was so good while it lasted. And if I may add, people who say "get over it he quit 40 years ago" probably didn't experience the rush he brought me and many others when he played in 2012 ond 2013.

As far as cover tunes go, I think that would be a total cop out. No doubt there are lots of songs that both Keith and especially Mick have saved up over the years and for me there is nothing better than a new song. Sure the Stones can make a good showing with cover tunes but in general, the best of their original stuff blows away any cover tunes they've done and when they do covers, they usually go back too far to an era when they were learning and listening to other artists. It tends to be an oldies experiment. Screw that, I want more like BB and LIB and SF and Exile. If I want to hear Chuck Berry and tunes I'll listen to Chuck Berry, thank you.

My greatest hope is that the roots they return to are the golden era roots; great songs, late 60's early 70's production values, simple and emotionally charged performances, grooves a mile wide, acoustic under layings and sweet Mick and Keith vocal harmonies that I can actually hear.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: July 29, 2015 18:01

My disappointment is Keef not supporting medical legalized spleef!

Keef! Medical MJ is saving people. People stricken with all kinds of maladies can walk into a dispensary, get advice/ quality help, and lead their lives improved and without big pharma.

Anywho, looking forward to rest of interview, although not sure what 'new' he can say I haven't read before (love Keith of course)

Will be watching Netflix Documentary (very cool, wonder if it's the 2015 tour stuff)

And still waiting on (a friend? no) Fonda Sticky DVD.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-29 18:26 by 35love.

Posted by: Bluesstone ()
Date: July 29, 2015 18:29

Would someone be so kind and provide the rest of us with a scan of the interview? I don't know where to buy Mojo Magazine anywhere near me and would be thrilled if someone would make the effort to post it here.
Thank you in advance!

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: July 29, 2015 19:34

GasLightStreet
Yep. Another Jagger solo album by 'The Rolling Stones'.

I agree. Another "Goddess in the Doorway" played by the Stones. Streets of Love, Look what the cat..., Sweet Neo Con...please not this again!

Date: July 29, 2015 20:32

I've gone to every newsstand in NW DC and there are none available. I don't know if this is because it is not distributed in Wash, DC; or that there are not enough newsstands. or more likely, that very smart people such as us have boughten them UP due to the free CD and collect-ability of this magazine, which is HIGHLY PROBABLE. Please scan interview. thanksmuch

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-29 20:33 by tumbled.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: July 29, 2015 21:03

tumbled
I've gone to every newsstand in NW DC and there are none available. I don't know if this is because it is not distributed in Wash, DC; or that there are not enough newsstands. or more likely, that very smart people such as us have boughten them UP due to the free CD and collect-ability of this magazine, which is HIGHLY PROBABLE. Please scan interview. thanksmuch

Seems you can order this issue from MOJO.

[www.greatmagazines.co.uk]

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: July 29, 2015 21:08

August issue still on sale around here.

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: July 29, 2015 21:08

I'll download it now and will share in a few hours.

Date: July 29, 2015 21:31

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-29 21:34 by Lorenz.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: July 29, 2015 21:33

Looks like png isn't a viable format, Lorenz. Can you convert the images to jpg?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-29 21:36 by with sssoul.

Date: July 29, 2015 21:34

with sssoul
Lorenz

Looks like png isn't a viable format, Lorenz. Can you convert the images to jpg?

Png is fine, but it wasn't a sharable link - fixed now smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-29 21:41 by Lorenz.

Date: July 29, 2015 21:36

It's too small, isn't it. angry smiley
I'll redo some of the screenshots later, sorry about that.

Posted by: fuzzbox ()
Date: July 29, 2015 21:54

Brian is still an issue after all this time...

Date: July 29, 2015 22:10

Lorenz

No worries Lorenz, I can zoom in just fine. Really appreciate the post, much thanks for your efforts!

Date: July 29, 2015 22:14

Naturalust
Lorenz

No worries Lorenz, I can zoom in just fine. Really appreciate the post, much thanks for your efforts!

+ 1 Thanks.
Still only got the old copy on the Shelves where i live..

Date: July 29, 2015 22:17

No problem. Let me know if anything's unreadable even with zoom.

Date: July 29, 2015 22:24

35love
My disappointment is Keef not supporting medical legalized spleef!

Keef! Medical MJ is saving people. People stricken with all kinds of maladies can walk into a dispensary, get advice/ quality help, and lead their lives improved and without big pharma.

Anywho, looking forward to rest of interview, although not sure what 'new' he can say I haven't read before (love Keith of course)

Will be watching Netflix Documentary (very cool, wonder if it's the 2015 tour stuff)

And still waiting on (a friend? no) Fonda Sticky DVD.

cant wait for netflix dude

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-29 23:21 by keefriffhards.

Date: July 29, 2015 22:54

THANK YOU BIG MUCH LORENZ!! smiling bouncing smiley

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 4 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1299
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home