Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456
Current Page: 6 of 6
Re: Keith interview - MOJO, September 2015
Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: August 7, 2015 12:12

treaclefingers
Roll73
Wild Slivovitz
Roll73
keefriffhards
When Keith's album comes out, i think people will see the talent that has been wasted in reference to Mick dominating recordings for many years.
Keith is the musician after all. To my mind most of the Stones greatest recordings were when Mick let Keith flow with his genius, with Mick adding lyrics and melody's..
That is the Glimmers at their best. But this control thing with Mick has been the main issue. For me anyway.

Some might argue that Mick is a musician too! Even if he never sang a note and only played harp.

Don't underestimate harmonica players smiling smiley !!

Moreover, Mick is really effective in that.

Totally. Implying that Mick is not a musician is really a stupid thing to say imo.

I really wish I had a LIKE button right now.

Ok so i am stupid. What ever you guys say. Happy now

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: August 7, 2015 12:23

Keith is the main musical force, like it or not.

Date: August 7, 2015 12:35

HMS

thumbs up Thanks HMS. I mean its so obvious Keith is more of a musician than Mick, but these guys can say red is blue and get away with it. I'm fed up with it.
It just puts me off of posting. And others I would imagine..

These guys are just Trolling.
Definition of Troll is someone who goes out of their way to start arguments or upset people by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off topic messages.
I don't deserve to be called stupid with others lining up to agree because of my view on musicianship..
I just hope BV notices this going on.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: August 7, 2015 12:45

There are "Keith" camps and there are "Mick" camps ad there are even "Bill Wyman" camps and so on. There is a lot of passion here and some people have what I would call "tunnel sight". Mick only or Keith only. Fact is they are the Stones together. People are free to say what they like. I can't step in and sencor someone simply because they love Keith mre than Mick, or the other way around.

Bjornulf

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 7, 2015 15:59

keefriffhards
HMS

thumbs up Thanks HMS. I mean its so obvious Keith is more of a musician than Mick, but these guys can say red is blue and get away with it. I'm fed up with it.

Definition of Troll is someone who goes out of their way to start arguments or upset people by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off topic messages.
I don't deserve to be called stupid with others lining up to agree because of my view on musicianship..

Your forcing me to be serious for a moment which is annoying however perhaps it's for the greater good, because I actually believe now you don't have a clue what is causing these negative posts towards you...

No one has a problem with your explicit love of Keith I don't think. It's how you present it, which is to say at the expense of other band members, most notably the lead singer.

You profess your 'love' of one and throw the other under the bus time and time again. So what you call 'trolling' by others is simply your being 'called out', because often times what you say may be construed as being ludicrous by others, most notably what you just opined in this thread.

So, continue your love affair with one band member if you must, however expect to be disagreed with from time to time if you say things that may be perceived as incendiary.

In other words, play nice and people will play nice with you.

Posted by: BILLPERKS ()
Date: August 7, 2015 18:30

keefriffhards
HMS

You are like a child on this board. People have opinions so deal with it. Keith is a terrible guitar player in a technical sense. But what he does fits the style & songs he's created. He has also let what talent he had as a player & songwriter diminish to the point of sadness. I was a Keith guy forever until he became a lazy shell of himself.Now I admire Micks drive, discipline & work ethic & without that Keith might not be working at all.

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: August 7, 2015 18:54

Hmm. I dont think of Keith of a lazy shell of himself. To me he appears very vital. And I cant help but thinking that the most enjoyable parts of the last three Stones-albums are written by Keith. Today probably we see the real Keith, a good humoured and friendly guy, a man who doesnt feel the need to live up to a bad-guy-image anymore. He is all smiles all the time, he seems to enjoy what he´s doing and he seems to enjoy life. In no way an empty shell. He even finished a soon-to-be-released record, while Mick only did work-out.

Date: August 7, 2015 20:53

HMS
Hmm. I dont think of Keith of a lazy shell of himself. To me he appears very vital. And I cant help but thinking that the most enjoyable parts of the last three Stones-albums are written by Keith. Today probably we see the real Keith, a good humoured and friendly guy, a man who doesnt feel the need to live up to a bad-guy-image anymore. He is all smiles all the time, he seems to enjoy what he´s doing and he seems to enjoy life. In no way an empty shell. He even finished a soon-to-be-released record, while Mick only did work-out.

I agree with all your assertions but profess to not get the last bit.

Date: August 7, 2015 23:00

treaclefingers
keefriffhards
HMS

Your forcing me to be serious for a moment which is annoying however perhaps it's for the greater good, because I actually believe now you don't have a clue what is causing these negative posts towards you...

No one has a problem with your explicit love of Keith I don't think. It's how you present it, which is to say at the expense of other band members, most notably the lead singer.

You profess your 'love' of one and throw the other under the bus time and time again. So what you call 'trolling' by others is simply your being 'called out', because often times what you say may be construed as being ludicrous by others, most notably what you just opined in this thread.

So, continue your love affair with one band member if you must, however expect to be disagreed with from time to time if you say things that may be perceived as incendiary.

Hi treacle, thank you for addressing this issue in a personable way.
I respect that you have explained why you behave as you do towards me.
Its a help. I may be over sensitive myself, while at the same time lacking empathy for others, and as you say i can be blunt about other band members, and i appreciate that can annoy people.
However you seem to enjoy getting people to join in with you against me, and that's not necessary.
I do love Mick Jagger and i see him as the second greatest man on the planet after Keith.
I also think Mick has let himself down with his solo career, and i would hope that's as far as my negativity goes towards him.
I know you are funny, but you would be even funnier if it was not at someone's expense.
Hope we can move on now. I have taken on-board what you have said about me, and thanks for being serious for once.
No hard feelings. I just like to get on with people if i can in spite of our individual perceptions and views on the Stones.
People don't have to insult, or be personal towards each other because their opinion's differ.
I will try to play nice from now on.

Date: August 8, 2015 01:18

keefriffhards
treaclefingers
keefriffhards
HMS

Its a help. I may be over sensitive myself, while at the same time lacking empathy for others, and as you say i can be blunt about other band members, and i appreciate that can annoy people.
However you seem to enjoy getting people to join in with you against me, and that's not necessary.
I do love Mick Jagger and i see him as the second greatest man on the planet after Keith.
I also think Mick has let himself down with his solo career, and i would hope that's as far as my negativity goes towards him.
I know you are funny, but you would be even funnier if it was not at someone's expense.
Hope we can move on now. I have taken on-board what you have said about me, and thanks for being serious for once.
No hard feelings. I just like to get on with people if i can in spite of our individual perceptions and views on the Stones.
People don't have to insult, or be personal towards each other because their opinion's differ.

...and I'm not even saying don't be insulting, because I've also thrown all these goobers (with the exception of Charlie, let's face it he's pretty bullet proof) under the bus at one time or another.

I'm just saying that you've been saying the same thing over and over again, pretty definitely and negatively. It isn't as black and white as your making it out to be.

Your prerogative to do so, but one has to have a thick skin about these things, as you open yourself to attack.

For me that's sometimes part of the fun but you need to know where to draw the line...smileys with beer

Date: August 8, 2015 08:59

treaclefingers
keefriffhards
treaclefingers
keefriffhards
HMS

...and I'm not even saying don't be insulting, because I've also thrown all these goobers (with the exception of Charlie, let's face it he's pretty bullet proof) under the bus at one time or another.

I'm just saying that you've been saying the same thing over and over again, pretty definitely and negatively. It isn't as black and white as your making it out to be.

Your prerogative to do so, but one has to have a thick skin about these things, as you open yourself to attack.

For me that's sometimes part of the fun but you need to know where to draw the line...smileys with beer

Cool treacle, i hear what your saying.
Its funny really, im learning more about myself on a Stones forum than i have in real life in 30 years lol.
The written word is so transparent, it doesn't lie and it stays their to bite you on the ass when you least expect it. smileys with beer

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: August 12, 2015 17:15

Maybe I missed something in the previous posts. Anyway, do you actually gave a spin to the CD? Apparently there is a misprint on the back cover.

Track 15 is listed as Hoagy Carmichael - The Nearness Of You

But CD actually plays Gordon Jenkins & His Orchestra & The Weavers - Goodnight Irene.

PS. Booklet has this misprint too. Track 15 is listed as Hoagy Carmichael

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-12 17:17 by ironbelly.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: August 12, 2015 17:41

Yes, MOJO decided to substitute Goodnight Irene at the last minute because of it being on Crosseyed Heart - but it was too late (and probably too expensive) to reprint all the artwork so there's a "misprint".

Posted by: riffcliche69 ()
Date: August 17, 2015 00:22

Just browsing through it (totally unconnected with Keith's contribution) and I was really annoyed by the "faux" swastika,( with a tiny Maltese Cross)on p.72. Keith's book describes post-WW2 England so accurately. It's a shame they juxtaposed this. My own experience: watching turtles lay eggs in "sand pits" (actually bomb craters) along the the Thames. The rationing of dairy products. I was a preemie and a clergyman was present to give me last rights. My dad successfully pleaded with them to afford me real milk. My parents talked about the experimental aircraft the Nazi used, the V1 which, sounded like a lawn mower running out of gas, and the silent V2, supersonic, which no Ally could defend against. In conclusion, those chapters in Keith' book are "organic" i.e. a living indictment of fascism. When you encounter symbols (or, hopefully not) people who think Nazis are "cool" remember the environment all the Stones grew up in.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 17, 2015 00:42

V1 -- always thought doodlebug was such a light-weight name for such a deadly weapon

ROCKMAN

Posted by: riffcliche69 ()
Date: August 17, 2015 01:29

You are always on the ball, Rockman. Yeah, I definitely heard my parents use the word "doodlebug". I love you for reminding me. Yes, there was some serious shit that went down in England post-WW2. For example, it will explain why Peter Green had to shorten his familiy name. Contact me off iorr for the full story

Goto Page: Previous123456
Current Page: 6 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1719
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home