Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 51
Re: Uruguay
Posted by: varilla ()
Date: September 6, 2015 01:45

Uruguay is really hot about the Stones, first time here. We are Argentinian little brothers, very, very, similar to them, but not just the same. 20 minutes flight from Buenos Aires, Montevideo will be perfect in February.The Stones will be playing in a sold out Centenario Stadium, were the first Football World Cup was held in 1930 (won by Uruguay), a football historic place.

I wait you all down here...

Posted by: atip ()
Date: September 6, 2015 02:10

I hope to make it, too. As far as economic factors go, it looks like they have higher avg salaries in Uruguay than Argentina, and judging by the stadium videos I've seen of Stones and AC/DC in Buenos Aries, there's no problem packing a houseful of avid fans in there. Montevideo is close by. Smaller city, but whatever isn't filled by Uruguayans should be filled by Argentinians, me, you, and some other foreigners. Just my 2-cents.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: September 6, 2015 02:44

atip
I hope to make it, too. As far as economic factors go, it looks like they have higher avg salaries in Uruguay than Argentina, and judging by the stadium videos I've seen of Stones and AC/DC in Buenos Aries, there's no problem packing a houseful of avid fans in there. Montevideo is close by. Smaller city, but whatever isn't filled by Uruguayans should be filled by Argentinians, me, you, and some other foreigners. Just my 2-cents.

My quick Google search shows Argentina has about a 20X greater average annual income than Uruguay. confused smiley

Anyway I'm sure they love their Stones. I've always been amazed at the rabid Argentina fans, Whoo Hoo! Have a blast guys, I just may join you in SA for a couple shows.

Date: September 6, 2015 03:20

Macca Sold out the Stadium in halcón an hour. Everybody is nos waiting for the Stones tickets to be Sold. In every show in Buenos Aires the re SAD an average of 10.000 uruguay an fans.

Posted by: atip ()
Date: September 6, 2015 05:54

Naturalust
atip

My quick Google search shows Argentina has about a 20X greater average annual income than Uruguay. confused smiley

Anyway I'm sure they love their Stones. I've always been amazed at the rabid Argentina fans, Whoo Hoo! Have a blast guys, I just may join you in SA for a couple shows.

Sorry, dude. I believe you are correct and I am wrong. I'll still hold that unless The Stones get stupid with ticket prices, there will be a good crowd if they play MVD.

Date: September 6, 2015 07:50

atip
Naturalust
atip

Sorry, dude. I believe you are correct and I am wrong. I'll still hold that unless The Stones get stupid with ticket prices, there will be a good crowd if they play MVD.

No worries. I hope Uruguay gets the best show of the tour and that they reduce prices to a point where poor fans can enjoy them as well as the rich ones. I'm thinking Lucky Dips at $2 USD per ticket. winking smiley

Date: September 6, 2015 16:48

Incredible that you are thinking about Uruguay as a POOR contry... Have you ever been down here?

Date: September 6, 2015 19:08

varilla
Incredible that you are thinking about Uruguay as a POOR contry... Have you ever been down here?

I guess it's all relative. I haven't been to Uruguay but consider any country with average annual incomes of 557-777 USD relatively poor. People paid more that that for single tickets to Zip Code shows. I'm sure it is rich in many other ways and I didn't mean to be offensive in any way.

Re: The Rolling Stones 2016 tour rumours
Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: September 6, 2015 19:27

I'm pretty sure those figures for Uruguay are monthly not annual.

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: September 6, 2015 21:13

I am sure there will be lucky dip tickets, but still the Stones played in the Midwest during the Zip Code Tour where people are having 3 Jobs a day and survive hardly under the US banner. So whereever the Stones will go in whatever Country there will be poor middle class and rich people. And depending on for what you save your bugs you will see the Stones or not. That was already 50 years ago the case when they started in London.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: September 6, 2015 21:21

crawdaddy

The annual "GDP per capita" in Uruguay is in the range of 16.000-17.000 USD. If you look at "GDP per capita", then Uruguay is higher than Chile, Brazil and Argentina. If you look at the "GDP per capita (PPP adjusted)", then Uruguay has less, but still not a poor nation, and has enough people with money to attend a Stones concert.

[en.wikipedia.org]

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: September 6, 2015 21:28

They will have Doom and Gloom in their set list again. It was a success in Argentina.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: September 6, 2015 21:45

Looks more like economic data from Paraguay, my favorite Latin American country. A concert there would be momentous.

Date: September 6, 2015 21:51

I do hope they have Lucky Dip tix cos I hope if possible to get to maybe 6 or 7 gigs at start of tour if rumoured dates are roughly right.

Air fares are expensive for long distance travel from Europe and don't mind travelling by bus between Santiago ,Buenos Aires, Montevideo and maybe Sao Paulo and Rio.
Bus and train are great ways to see places, but I know rail travel is not so widespread in SA.
Air fares within SA may be very reasonable as well. Gotta find out all this info from our SA friends or on the net.
Haven't got a clue,like most of us, how much The Rolling Stones are gonna price the tix, but I do hope for all the South American fans it is going to be affordable.
I have seen the videos of SA gigs and they are the best fans in the world to play in front of I'm sure.

I am so looking forward to my first ever visit to that great continent.

Bring it on. thumbs up smileys with beer thumbs up

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: September 6, 2015 22:44

Naturalust
varilla

I guess it's all relative. I haven't been to Uruguay but consider any country with average annual incomes of 557-777 USD relatively poor. People paid more that that for single tickets to Zip Code shows. I'm sure it is rich in many other ways and I didn't mean to be offensive in any way.

using GDP per capita at purchasing power parity, uruguay ranks higher than several countries the stones have played, including China and Mexico, and close to many eastern european countries like Poland, Hungary, and Russia.

i think it's great for them to visit less-toured countries, they've played London, NY and LA plenty of times already.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-09-06 22:45 by Turner68.

Date: September 6, 2015 22:59

Yes, I must have misinterpreted the numbers I looked at concerning Uruguay income figures, sorry my bad. If they are anything like the Argentinian fans I imagine the concert will be friggin' amazing.

One thing that was sure noticeable from the concert footage I've seen is that the SA audiences are a lot younger than US audiences....certainly a contributing factor to the amazing energy and wildness they show to the Stones down there.

Posted by: gwen ()
Date: September 6, 2015 23:06

Naturalust
One thing that was sure noticeable from the concert footage I've seen is that the SA audiences are a lot younger than US audiences....certainly a contributing factor to the amazing energy and wildness they show to the Stones down there.

A contributing factor, maybe. But it's not just age-related. It's in the local culture, it's in the blood. smiling smiley

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: September 6, 2015 23:09

Any liklehood of concerts in::
PARAGUAY
PERU
VENEZUELA
PUERTO RICA
COSTA RICA
?
If this really is the last time for SA, would be nice to see as full a coverage as possible.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: September 7, 2015 00:08

mtaylor
crawdaddy

The annual "GDP per capita" in Uruguay is in the range of 16.000-17.000 USD. If you look at "GDP per capita", then Uruguay is higher than Chile, Brazil and Argentina. If you look at the "GDP per capita (PPP adjusted)", then Uruguay has less, but still not a poor nation, and has enough people with money to attend a Stones concert.

[en.wikipedia.org]

I think this annual GDP figure is higher than for Shanghai, where the ticket prices were eye-wateringly high and more than anywhere else. Never before or since have I paid such a high face value for a Stones ticket, but it was worth every penny. Still ranks top of my 70+ shows. But I would imagine that the ticket prices will be much lower overall for South America, as hopefully they want as large a fan base as possible to be able to attend. It would only be right. Devoted South American fans have been waiting a long time and disappointed twice recently already. Let's hope for third time lucky.

Date: September 7, 2015 02:31

Beast
mtaylor
crawdaddy

[en.wikipedia.org]

I think this annual GDP figure is higher than for Shanghai, where the ticket prices were eye-wateringly high and more than anywhere else. Never before or since have I paid such a high face value for a Stones ticket, but it was worth every penny. Still ranks top of my 70+ shows. But I would imagine that the ticket prices will be much lower overall for South America, as hopefully they want as large a fan base as possible to be able to attend. It would only be right. Devoted South American fans have been waiting a long time and disappointed twice recently already. Let's hope for third time lucky.

yes for GDP at PPP uruguay is higher than china or mexico

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: September 7, 2015 07:03

varilla
Uruguay is really hot about the Stones, first time here. We are Argentinian little brothers, very, very, similar to them, but not just the same. 20 minutes flight from Buenos Aires, Montevideo will be perfect in February.The Stones will be playing in a sold out Centenario Stadium, were the first Football World Cup was held in 1930 (won by Uruguay), a football historic place.

Send a link or a way to get a ticket. You only live once.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: September 7, 2015 12:52

TE
bv
I get questions about where to go to see the best Stones shows. Brazil or Buenos Aires? Or may be other places. I don't like to compare shows and crowds, but it is a fact that the shows in Buenos Aires are legendary. Don't bring your kids, because the crowd at River Plate Stadium is moving around dancing, jumping up and down, just watch the great videos, and listen to "Saint Of Me" and "Out Of Control" from "No Security"... It is not dangerous but make sure you are sober and you have good shoes. Also, I would bet some of the other shows in South Ameria will be unique, may be Montevideo will be challenging BA, I am sure the fans in the Americas will make great shows early next year!

Hope to make River Plate. Might be the first show in my life I would preferred a "seat" on the side, not GA. Feel old when it comes River Plate... LOL

TE
Oslo
Me too TE

Date: September 7, 2015 16:17

Turner68
Naturalust
varilla

using GDP per capita at purchasing power parity, uruguay ranks higher than several countries the stones have played, including China and Mexico, and close to many eastern european countries like Poland, Hungary, and Russia.

i think it's great for them to visit less-toured countries, they've played London, NY and LA plenty of times already.

I´m not any expert in statistics in economics, but this, FOR SURE, is definitively WRONG. might be PER MONTH.
Minimum salary in Uruguay is around U$S 400,. , but the average people get at least 3 times that.
Uruguay is a very european style country, in the way we dress, the way we eat, our general style.Football fanatic. Great tradition. Very similar to Spain and Italy were most of our inmigrants came from. No indians or racial/discrimination problems. Our economy was firmly built up after Uks influence, since they used to own a lot of the major industries, companies such as trains, water, electricity, etc.That influence is still there. February will be perfect down here, summer, great beaches, drink, girls and the Stones, What else you need?!!!

Date: September 7, 2015 16:19

Besides, is very easy to combine both shows, Montevideo and Buenos aires. Two hours by ship from downtown B.Aires to downtown Montevideo, or 20 min. flight. You can come with me, that´s what i´ll be doing

Date: September 7, 2015 17:00

varilla
Besides, is very easy to combine both shows, Montevideo and Buenos aires. Two hours by ship from downtown B.Aires to downtown Montevideo, or 20 min. flight. You can come with me, that´s what i´ll be doing

Yes ! Two hours on a ship will be fine to go from Buenos Aires to Montevideo after looking at a map.

I will probably do that when I visit SA for about 6 or 7 gigs hopefully. smileys with beer

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: September 7, 2015 20:35

My friend and me will be coming down from the UK to South America for the tour.
We are going to see 7 shows starting in Buenos Aires and finishing in Sao Paolo.
We were thinking of taking the ferry from Buenos Aires to Montevideo so I looked on the ferry website but there doesn't seem to be an English version,does anyone here know if it is advisable to book the ferry ahead or if you can just turn up on the day?

Thanks

Nate thumbs up

Date: September 7, 2015 21:00

varilla

Very excited for you! I bet it's an awesome show.

Posted by: argentina92 ()
Date: September 8, 2015 01:36

Nate
We are going to see 7 shows starting in Buenos Aires and finishing in Sao Paolo.
We were thinking of taking the ferry from Buenos Aires to Montevideo so I looked on the ferry website but there doesn't seem to be an English version,does anyone here know if it is advisable to book the ferry ahead or if you can just turn up on the day?

Thanks

Nate thumbs up

Relax Nate. It's very easy buy the ferry's tickets. I can help you with that, but FIRST, we need to wait the official confirmation of the tour. Keep our fingers crossed.

PS. Im from Argentina, near of River Plate stadium

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-09-08 01:37 by argentina92.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: September 8, 2015 18:09

argentina92
Nate

Thanks

Nate thumbs up

Relax Nate. It's very easy buy the ferry's tickets. I can help you with that, but FIRST, we need to wait the official confirmation of the tour. Keep our fingers crossed.

PS. Im from Argentina, near of River Plate stadium

Hi thanks for the information.
Yes I was not going to book the ferry yet I was just wondering about it,I will wait until the tour is confirmed until I start booking travel but I'm going to start booking hotels this week as I can do that without having to pay up front and no penalty if I have to change dates or cancel.

Thanks
Nate thumbs up

Posted by: 6s7s9s ()
Date: September 8, 2015 19:11

Would any of the IORRs who live in South America be willing to provide some basic travel info for those of us who might be travelling from the US / Canada / Europe, etc? I realize each SA country will have different rules.

Are VISAS required for travel to South America? What travel options are available for travel between countries...train, bus, airplane, ferry (I saw mentioned above.) Any other hints you can provide in advance of making firm plans would be helpful.

THX

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 51

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1962
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home