Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314Next
Current Page: 13 of 14
Re: Detroit MI USA 8-July-2015 Rolling Stones live show updates
Posted by: Niek ()
Date: July 10, 2015 22:10

latebloomer
Stunning pic posted on Keith's FB page:

Taken by fan Lucy Moulton, on an iPhone

Great shot!

(Always took candy from strangers)

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: July 11, 2015 01:02

What a stunning photo! So beautiful. I was really struck at the Detroit show on how much the camera guys were focusing on Keith's fretwork. Some beautiful long video segments with just seeing Keith's fret work. I also noticed that his bulging knuckles are smaller! Treatment seems to really be working. Keith just sounded fantastic with some very creative rhythm and leads. Not rote, but some great stuff. While the video for Rocks Off has some issues, on the floor close to the stage it sounded great! Keith was high in the mix and crisp and clear with perfect Exile tone! There was some mike feedback while Jagger was jogging to stage left, and also a bit from near Charlie's drum, so I think it was Mick's mic that was causing it. What a strong version though! Also Keith on Bitch was stunning. Better than the Live Sticky fingers, with some very cool fills that then segued perfectly to the horn section. Keith was focused and new his cues! Much tighter show than Wisconsin's shambolic moments.

Rolling Stones - Detroit MI, July 8 2015
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: July 11, 2015 17:48

Posted by: MRJIMMMY ()
Date: July 11, 2015 21:23

VERY cool photo smoking smiley

Date: July 11, 2015 23:53

So, the funniest thing happened to me after the show. Some guy comes running up to me and says -

"I know who you are, Don't deny it. Can I take a picture with you?"

"Sure, who do you think I am?"

"Your Tony, Mick's security guy." as he snaps a picture.

"Really? If I'm Tony, what am doing out here?"

He walks away with a big smile on his face like he just won the lottery. Go figure?

Question - Is Mick's security guy named Tony? I'd ask if anyone has a pic but I the interest of security may not be a good idea. LOL

Scotty,
Irvine, CA

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-11 23:55 by micknkeef@cox.net.

Posted by: mslpl ()
Date: July 12, 2015 02:21

I just was approved on this site and I wanted to thank everyone who posted such great info. I was finally able to attend the Detroit concert after Nashville and Indy fell though. The info was priceless and ended up front row section B. My view from 29 floor of the Greektown hotel of the stadium was incredible and ended up meeting an awesome Stones fan and now we are talking London. By far Detroit was one of the best experiences I've had. My long time high school football Stones friends told me about this site at the announcement of the Zip Code tour and it is by far the best. Thanks to all here at iorr!! Only third time I've seen the stones live and now I can't wait for a fourth.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: July 12, 2015 14:46

[email protected]
Question - Is Mick's security guy named Tony?

Keith has an assistant named Tony.
I hope you don't let your fling with fame go to your head :E

Posted by: Sockers56 ()
Date: July 13, 2015 13:16

Anyone know what hotel the Stones stayed at?

Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: July 13, 2015 14:38

Sockers56
Anyone know what hotel the Stones stayed at?

We could tell you but then we would have to kill you. Very hush hush.

Posted by: Delta ()
Date: July 13, 2015 16:56

Great show at Comerica Park, saw two Stones shows this year, San Diego and Detroit and both were great shows. They really brought it.Got my picture taken with Charlie at the Motown Museum, that was cool. Keith and Ronnie have been really on it this tour. The guitars have been really loud, at least from where my seats have been. Oh and they stayed at.....................

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: July 13, 2015 17:06

Delta,

Can you post the picture from Hitsville?

HOW COOL!

Posted by: rbk ()
Date: July 13, 2015 19:34

I loved the Detroit show. It was exciting! It was electric! IT was also sadly bittersweet....

I was pumped when I heard them sound checking "Just My Imagination" about 5pm. The Stones version of the Temptations classic has long been a Keith & Ronnie dual guitar tour de force wherein they play over, under, around and through each other in a fashion only the two of them could capture. The song was a textbook example of the "ancient art of weaving" as Keith dubbed it.

Sadly, "'Imagination" last week in Detroit was none of those things. Keith stared vacantly away from the band, apparently intent on playing the riff to the song while Ronnie threw some lead licks over top and Mick pushed the rhythm. In no way did they dig deep into the song to conjure that unique Stones hoodoo as once they did as recently as 1999 in the No Security shows.

Compare these. You'll see what I mean:

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-13 19:37 by rbk.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: July 13, 2015 19:44

rbk
I loved the Detroit show. It was exciting! It was electric! IT was also sadly bittersweet....

I was pumped when I heard them sound checking "Just My Imagination" about 5pm. The Stones version of the Temptations classic has long been a Keith & Ronnie dual guitar tour de force wherein they play over, under, around and through each other in a fashion only the two of them could capture. The song was a textbook example of the "ancient art of weaving" as Keith dubbed it.

Sadly, "'Imagination" last week in Detroit was none of those things. Keith stared vacantly away from the band, apparently intent on playing the riff to the song while Ronnie threw some lead licks over top and Mick pushed the rhythm. In no way did they dig deep into the song to conjure that unique Stones hoodoo as once they did as recently as 1999 in the No Security shows.

Compare these. You'll see what I mean:

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

Looked to me like it was Keith playing the lead on this one but I agree it had none of the magic or feel of the original or previous versions. I've got to somewhat blame Charlie in this case since his pushed beat was just too stiff for this tune. This is a song that requires some laying back in the groove to make work, imo.

Date: July 13, 2015 21:20

Sounded fine from where I was sitting. One difference I think, one was outside and the other was inside.

Date: July 13, 2015 21:38

What is the best way to put UP a photo?

Date: July 13, 2015 21:44

Delta

Delta you've got to first load the picture onto an internet photo hosting site like Photobucket of TinyPic, most of them are free and easy to use.

Then you just copy the image URL from the site ( I use a right mouse click to bring up that option when the photo is selected), and copy it into the field that appears when you click the icon with the mountains and sun above the posting window here. Good Luck.

Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: July 13, 2015 22:50

Naturalust
Delta

Delta you've got to first load the picture onto an internet photo hosting site like Photobucket of TinyPic, most of them are free and easy to use.

Then you just copy the image URL from the site ( I use a right mouse click to bring up that option when the photo is selected), and copy it into the field that appears when you click the icon with the mountains and sun above the posting window here. Good Luck.

You can skip the host site (Photobucket or TinyPic) unless it is an original photo that you took or someone shared with you.

Date: July 13, 2015 23:14

mighty stork
Naturalust
Delta

You can skip the host site (Photobucket or TinyPic) unless it is an original photo that you took or someone shared with you.

Yeah great point stork. If the photo is already on the internet it usually already has an image URL which can be copied.

Posted by: fzv98d ()
Date: July 14, 2015 04:06

I don't know but Just My Imagination seems pretty damn good in my video from the second row!

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Ruskafarian ()
Date: July 14, 2015 16:25

Hi Everyone; Detroit was stellar!!

Here are some of my pics...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-14 16:40 by Ruskafarian.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 14, 2015 16:40

Watching the 1878 live version and the 1981 live versions (Hampton and the movie) and remembering the SHINE A LIGHT version, this 2015 performance is different than the 78 and 81 ones - of course - but Charlie seems fine to me, as does Mick. Keith's lead is, eh, interesting? and I love the wonk note he hits, and then Woody plays.

It's clear that Keith's lead playing isn't what it used to be but, at this point, whatever.

Date: July 15, 2015 16:53

Date: July 15, 2015 17:39

fzv98d
I don't know but Just My Imagination seems pretty damn good in my video from the second row!
[www.youtube.com]

It sure does, fzv98d! Thanks for posting it

Date: July 15, 2015 20:06

I was in Detroit to see the Stones although I call them the Rusted Wreck. Had seen the show in San Diego which was great, so I decided to go Detroit. Got in on Monday, walked around the town, checked out Comerica Park, they had just started working on the stage.The next day, I went to the Motown Museum with a couple of buddies. There was a slight buzz because someone said that Charlie WAS there. I figured that was pretty cool. Then my buddy noticed Patti Hansen and Theodora, so I struck UP a conversation with Patti asking about Keith's health because he had fallen, she said he was all right, talked with Theodora about the book.Then Patti said......"There's Charlie" with genuine affection. I had my camera with me so I had my buddy take the picture before anyone stopped us. No cameras in the Motown Museum. Charlie was a true gentleman. The show the next night was great they have been eating their Wheaties this tour. Anyway someone wanted to see the picture so there it is.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: July 15, 2015 20:22

That's a cool pic and a very nice story, Delta. Thanks for sharing!

Posted by: latvianinexile ()
Date: July 15, 2015 23:22

Some of my pics

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: July 15, 2015 23:45

Wow incredible pics, and updates, thanks.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: July 16, 2015 04:01

Delta
I was in Detroit to see the Stones although I call them the Rusted Wreck. Had seen the show in San Diego which was great, so I decided to go Detroit. Got in on Monday, walked around the town, checked out Comerica Park, they had just started working on the stage.The next day, I went to the Motown Museum with a couple of buddies. There was a slight buzz because someone said that Charlie WAS there. I figured that was pretty cool. Then my buddy noticed Patti Hansen and Theodora, so I struck UP a conversation with Patti asking about Keith's health because he had fallen, she said he was all right, talked with Theodora about the book.Then Patti said......"There's Charlie" with genuine affection. I had my camera with me so I had my buddy take the picture before anyone stopped us. No cameras in the Motown Museum. Charlie was a true gentleman. The show the next night was great they have been eating their Wheaties this tour. Anyway someone wanted to see the picture so there it is.

I wanted to see it!
EVERYBODY SHOULD SEE THAT!

Awesome, Delta.
Well Done!
cool smiley

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: July 16, 2015 07:35

Nice shots. We must have been near each other.

Date: July 16, 2015 17:55

Wonderful shots as always, Latvian in Exile! And thanks, Delta, for sharing that very cool photo & story

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314Next
Current Page: 13 of 14

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1612
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home