Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
What could one expect from a Keith Richards tour 2015 or 16?
Posted by: RawIguanaCologne ()
Date: June 6, 2015 16:48

I liked his shows a lot, the setlists were interesting, the band was on fire.

I´m sorry, I just can´t imagine Keith leading his band the way he did.

As a singer he really got better and better, but I guess he would not do the show without a guitar (at least in his hand!) - and that´s where the difficulties set in...

Re: What could one expect from a Keith Richards tour 2015 or 16?
Posted by: dcba ()
Date: June 6, 2015 17:58

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-16 11:29 by dcba.

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: June 6, 2015 19:18

i think it would be great. i would go see it. i would expect to see a great band playing solid rock-n-roll tunes, some excellent country covers, and maybe one or two reggae numbers. it would be a blast. sign me up.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: June 6, 2015 19:26

nothing, i.e. it won't work since – as already mentioned above – he is not able to sing and play the guitar at the same time anymore. What he's able to do as a singer/guitarist is good enough for his usual two song set but not for (much) more

btw the way: a 2015 or 16 solo tour is unlikely since he'll be touring with the Stones. All I can imagine for Keith solo is a handful of club shows

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-06 19:27 by slewan.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: June 6, 2015 19:27

Would be great. Saw him in 1992 in Ahoy rotterdam, holland. really excited if things go as plan.

Great show, great music and a legend at work. !!!

Jeroen

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: June 6, 2015 19:29

It would be a more interesting setlist for sure!

Posted by: wineaux ()
Date: June 6, 2015 19:48

Saw him @ the Aragon in Chicago, early 90's.... I'd see him again in a heartbeat!

Posted by: BILLPERKS ()
Date: June 6, 2015 20:00

If yall think he's able to put on a show as a lead vocalist you're sadly mistaken.
With the Stones is where he belongs on stage.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: June 6, 2015 20:06

If there's one thing we know from the Winos, it's that Keith knows how to put a band together, and if he needs cover for the singing and playing together business then it'll be there. One of the big regrets I have is that I never got to see the Winos, so if Keith goes on the road again I'll be there. But will there be time in the intervals between Stones activity? I'm afraid this might just keep on getting postponed until it's no longer possible.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 6, 2015 20:09

I would expect a lot of support musicians with Keith adding more punctuation than full sentences. But of course I would be delighted to see him play under any conditions. Maybe when we hear his solo record we'll have a better idea of what we might expect.

peace

Posted by: HearMeKnockin ()
Date: June 6, 2015 20:11

I think this thread is based on the assumption that the Stones will stop touring for a long enough period for Keith to do a solo tour... which, IMO, is not going to happen. They'll give him long enough to put his new album out, but a full tour? Mick wouldn't let that happen...

That said, if it did happen, then it would probably go flat, since Keith can't play and sing simultaneously...

Date: June 6, 2015 20:49

at least the guy is releasing new music, albeit covers.

in case people missed this.

[www.rollingstone.com]

Posted by: HearMeKnockin ()
Date: June 6, 2015 20:57

Turner68
at least the guy is releasing new music

Yes... unlike a certain band we all know... eye rolling smiley

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: June 7, 2015 02:03

I could see Keith playing 5 or 6 shows in places the size of the Orpheum Theater in Boston. Seating 2,700. But not more than 6 shows.

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: June 28, 2015 00:14

i often wonder how many songs would have come from Keith if he had stayed solo. ( had MJ had greater solo success ) don't get me wrong i'm pleased Mick and Keith patched it up in 89'. but creatively he may of had a huge body of work to his name by now. maybe 5 or 6 albums and as many tours.
he also could of done a great job on countless covers. in a way its a shame..
just love his voice on ballads etc as well as his guitar work..

Date: June 28, 2015 00:29

I find the things he has done from talk is cheap on to have been much more exciting than anything the stones have done. I include things like the willie Nelson duets in this as well. I agree that we may have missed out on some good music because of the stones taking up his time. I would love to see him tour on his own again.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: June 28, 2015 00:45

Mick, Charlie, and Ron.

That is to say, they seem to be playing more or less regularly each year and their schedule at present does not lend itself to extended solo projects. For Keith to fit this solo album in with all the rehearsing, media, and touring, the band would need to take a year off, and with such uncertainty about how long the band can keep up the pace and playing at this level, I'm sure most fans would rather pay to see four Stones together on a stage rather than just one with a backing band. I wouldn't doubt that Keith would rather tour with the Stones than solo as well.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: June 28, 2015 00:52

From what I remember of the 1988 show I saw, Keith's group was more into getting a good rhythm going. I'm sure that would work much better at this stage of Keith's guitar playing. I think he could still pull off a 3,000 seat theater. Of course there's always the question of whether Keith, at this point, would want to be the focal point of the entire show, singing every number, being solely responsible for the show's promotion, interviews, etc. Yeah, it could be done, but it would have to be a very short tour.

Date: June 28, 2015 00:59

slewan
nothing, i.e. it won't work since – as already mentioned above – he is not able to sing and play the guitar at the same time anymore. What he's able to do as a singer/guitarist is good enough for his usual two song set but not for (much) more

btw the way: a 2015 or 16 solo tour is unlikely since he'll be touring with the Stones. All I can imagine for Keith solo is a handful of club shows

im not so sure slewan. has keith ever played guitar and sang that much at the same time. with the winos he seemed to play very minimally while he sang , then he would do a solo or get into a rhythm. i may be wrong here..

Date: June 28, 2015 01:01

Turner68
I find the things he has done from talk is cheap on to have been much more exciting than anything the stones have done. I include things like the willie Nelson duets in this as well. I agree that we may have missed out on some good music because of the stones taking up his time. I would love to see him tour on his own again.

much agreed Turner68

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: June 28, 2015 01:15

The Stones Will Tour in the fall of 2015 in South America and in 2016 in Europe and maybe Asia or big cities of North America, then they'll record a new studio album, so no Keith tour 2015/16...Sorry!

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: June 28, 2015 01:16

It could happens in 2017...Maybe!!

Posted by: 751st ()
Date: June 28, 2015 01:24

Let Bernard come on board and handle the bulk of the vocals. Boston and Toronto in 93 kicked ass hard. Loved 999.And please come to my town if you read this Keith.

Date: June 28, 2015 01:28

mailexile67
The Stones Will Tour in the fall of 2015 in South America and in 2016 in Europe and maybe Asia or big cities of North America, then they'll record a new studio album, so no Keith tour 2015/16...Sorry!

Keith was saying a while ago that his album was coming out in September.
well this tour wraps up in just over 2 weeks time.. KR could take to the beach in late july august to recharge his batteries. for all we know this album could have a release date for sept. he could rehearse for a few weeks , then do 5 or 6 shows and still fit it in between south america tour dates. but yeah its unlikely

Posted by: Olly ()
Date: June 29, 2015 03:58

BILLPERKS
If yall think he's able to put on a show as a lead vocalist you're sadly mistaken.
With the Stones is where he belongs on stage.

Is that so?

I find this line of thinking curious.

Another member went so far as to state that Richards can no longer play guitar and sing at the same time, despite recently doing exactly that with consistency (with the exception of the small / private shows such as The Fonda and Belly Up) for two and sometimes three numbers.

If he tours he will be supported by a very able band and will perform as well as he has been doing with The Rolling Stones.

Olly.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: June 29, 2015 04:54

The idea that Keith can put together and lead a band on tour (or that he has the slightest desire to do so) is I think silly at this point. People say he did it with the Winos. That was 20 years ago. There's no band, no material and absolutely no reason for such a project at this point, with the Stones going strong. Once the Stones are done that will be it for keith. No way he is starting something new at this point. Any solo material will come out after the fact, after they are done. The rest was just hype, the thing about a solo album being done.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 29, 2015 06:23

Rokyfan
The rest was just hype, the thing about a solo album being done.

eye popping smiley You really think so? He has spoken about it in interviews and Steve Jordan has confirmed it. Not sure how much hype or PR for a Stones tour is achieved by Keith saying he has a solo record in the can.

I believe he has one and we will hear it right in time for Christmas.

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: June 29, 2015 07:10

No hype. The solo album has been done and dusted for some time and he made a record deal for it. All the Stones activity has put it on hold because Keith values the Stones more than a solo venture. I don't know when it will be our.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: June 29, 2015 08:56

With all due respect, it's more than just a matter of Keith valuing the Stones. There are non-compete clauses and have been since 1989. That's why HOLLYWOOD PALLADIUM was not released sooner. That's why THE VERY BEST OF MICK JAGGER and "Charmed Life" had to wait until the 2007 European dates were done. The album can come relatively quickly so long as there isn't word of it while the Stones tour to overshadow or compete or cause tensions among the four of them (okay, two of them). Others may note that Mick has made reference to potentially making another solo album. Their spirit of competition, while diminished, still exists. Dave Stewart has even made remarks about the ease with which he could compile an album of Mick solo tracks no one has heard much the same way Don Was speculated on releasing a 2 CD set from his era. All of these situations are possibilities as the race winds down.

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: June 29, 2015 09:14

Makes sense Rocky.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2603
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home