Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

tour pay checks?
Posted by: melillo ()
Date: July 31, 2005 01:40

do the stones get paid up front or at the end of the tour

Re: tour pay checks?
Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: July 31, 2005 01:47

I heard they always get a guaranteed amount before the tour starts (by Cohl who buys the tour).
Then Cohl wants to get his money back (+ some more of course) from the local promotors. They of course get their money back from us:-(

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: July 31, 2005 01:55

The band is paid before a note is played, since their cut is huge the promoters then stick it to us.
But this doesn't excuse the stones as being the ones ripping off the fans.
But they are "street fighting men"living a life of luxury.

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: chippy ()
Date: July 31, 2005 02:13

its been up front since 81 ,,,when that big promoter who got killed in copter crash did it ,,,he got outbid in 89 by canadian beer co.which they say was his downfall

Posted by: bianca ()
Date: July 31, 2005 02:50

Bill Graham

Date: July 31, 2005 04:46

YA BIANCA,,thats him,,,LUV YOUR NAME

Posted by: john r ()
Date: July 31, 2005 05:14

Actually Bill Graham got outbid on the '89 tour (he did the '81 tour) - and it devastated him. He has a very fine autobiography, the title of which eludes me, but it is a great read about a great character, & his portraits (Led Zep, the Dead, Airplane, Stones, etc) are terrific as is his capturing of the different eras he lived and worked through...Put it on the book thread!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 31, 2005 21:11

If anyone recalls on the FF documentary . There was a clip of Jagger talking about being on tour. He was saying how you get all this money. Then you just keep going. He was saying how you get all this money and a year later you run into someone and they ask him what he is up to and he says rememeber that tour we started last year ? Well we are still doing it. Remember people. It is all about the $$$$ with these huys. No Bucks. No songs.

Date: July 31, 2005 21:54

I DISAGREE <<<..THOSE GLIMMER TWINS LOVE TO PLAY LIVE<<<...HEY IM SITTIN HERE HAVVIN A BEER & JAGGERS IN CANADA DOIN 20 MILES ON THE THREADMILL...

Posted by: john r ()
Date: July 31, 2005 23:32

I don't see why wanting lots of money and wanting to play have to be mutually exclusive - lots of great writers, actors, musicians, painters, etc have been motivated by money.

Posted by: Duane in Houston ()
Date: August 1, 2005 01:42

I've actually read the opposite. Maybe around '91 in a Rolling Stone article / interview. It was my understanding that the actual card-carrying Rolling Stones (who are the "Corporate Partners / shareholders" of "The Rolling Stones" ) finance the tour up front with their own cash and take the lions share of the risk and the rewards which usually begin after a month or two of shows till they break even then its basically all profit after that. All promoters, agents, advertisers, sponsors etc. are all just line items at the end of the day.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1362
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home