Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819...LastNext
Current Page: 14 of 77
Re: Mick Taylor about Exhibitionism
Posted by: dcba ()
Date: April 3, 2016 20:17

Contrarian pov :
MT left the band FORTY TWO years ago. Would you invite the wife you divorced from in 1974 to the baptism of your little nephew?
It's old, very old.

Plus I guess the divorce wasn't totally clean as far as Jagger/Richards are concerned. Maybe they feel they were let down back then in Dec. 1974 and they still hold gripes against MT?

Jagger/Richards aren't adverse to meeting guys from their past : when the retrospective "Exile" exhibition opened in Paris a few years ago, Jagger dropped by and had a nice chat with Dominique Tarlé...

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: April 3, 2016 20:22

dcba
Contrarian pov :
MT left the band FORTY TWO years ago. Would you invite the wife you divorced from in 1974 to the baptism of your little nephew?
It's old, very old.

Plus I guess the divorce wasn't totally clean as far as Jagger/Richards are concerned. Maybe they feel they were let down back then in Dec. 1974 and they still hold gripes against MT?

Jagger/Richards aren't adverse to meeting guys from their past : when the retrospective "Exile" exhibition opened in Paris a few years ago, Jagger dropped by and had a nice chat with Dominique Tarlé...

I'm sorry but you can't justify it. MT leaving has no relevance as Exhibitionism is about celebrating the Stones legacy which MT was a big part of. Also, they are more than happy to use his image to promote Exhibitionism. It should be about the music not about who Jagger fancies inviting or gets along with.

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: April 3, 2016 20:23

I can't believe that the Stones would airbrush out a former member.
That would be petty.

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Re: The Rolling Stones Exhibitionism
Date: April 3, 2016 20:31

200+ guests attending tomorrows VIP event and they can't even invite a former band member.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: April 3, 2016 20:44

Rollin92
200+ guests attending tomorrows VIP event and they can't even invite a former band member.

It is strange. He (Bill as well) was invited for the 50 years celebration (exhibition), but not for this one!!

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: April 3, 2016 20:57

dcba
Contrarian pov :
It's old, very old.

Mick Taylor was invited to play on the anniversary concerts in 2012, so I don't see why he shouldn't be invited for the exhibition.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: April 3, 2016 21:48

Cristiano Radtke
dcba
Contrarian pov :
It's old, very old.

Mick Taylor was invited to play on the anniversary concerts in 2012, so I don't see why he shouldn't be invited for the exhibition.
It was probably convenient for Stones at that time.

By the way, Mick Jagger invited all his ex wives for his dad's funeral, Keith has always invites Anita for common things, so it is not unusual for Stones members to invite EX's. winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-04 00:15 by mtaylor.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: April 3, 2016 22:43

It even gets more strange. Someone posted that in the comments under MT's post.

Some quotes Mick Taylor wrote in the comments:
Mick Taylor
Whether I left or not is irrelevant. The point is that I'm part of the Stones' history and legacy, which is what this exhibition is about, isn't it.

Mick Taylor
Not sure if Bill was invited.

Mick Taylor
It's hard to imagine they don't know my name after spending all that time putting the exhibit together

He was asked the question why he doesn't call the Stones.
Mick Taylor
I would, if I had their numbers.

Date: April 3, 2016 22:48

From what I gather Exhibitionism have been bombarded by angry fans and have done a u turn.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: April 3, 2016 22:59

Well, should these people get an invite?
ANDREW OLDHAM
GLYN JOHNS
DON WAS
MARIANNE FAITHFULL
ANITA PALLENBERG
DAVID BAILEY and other photographers
the guy who designed the Lips logo
JODY KLEIN
MICK TAYLOR
BILL WYMAN and ASTRID
MARSHALL CHESS
the first fan club secretaries
CHUCK BERRY
ETC

Date: April 3, 2016 23:06

jlowe
Well, should these people get an invite?
ANDREW OLDHAM
GLYN JOHNS
DON WAS
MARIANNE FAITHFULL
ANITA PALLENBERG
DAVID BAILEY and other photographers
the guy who designed the Lips logo
JODY KLEIN
MICK TAYLOR
BILL WYMAN and ASTRID
MARSHALL CHESS
the first fan club secretaries
CHUCK BERRY
ETC

MT and Bill Wyman were members of the band. The exhibition is about the band, therefore, at the very least all band members past or present should be there for its launch.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: April 3, 2016 23:07

What about Dick Taylor ? He was there right at the beginning .

Date: April 3, 2016 23:13

straycatuk
What about Dick Taylor ? He was there right at the beginning .

I reckon he should get one as well. My point is they are throwing a party where the likes of Kate Moss and Harry Styles are going but they have dragged their heels inviting MT.

Bill and MT, whether we like them or not, were part of the Rolling Stones that we all love.

Posted by: jammingedward ()
Date: April 3, 2016 23:18

Ronnie said in an interview with The Australian last year why Mick is no longer a guest on tour with them and said
“He’s a lovely guy, Mick,” says Wood, “but he’s fraught with personal problems. He’s a hell of a handful in the real world. Once he has a guitar in his hand, he’s fine.”
[www.theaustralian.com.au]

I was shocked at how candid his answer was and it did make me think things did not end on good terms - Ronnie usually has ONLY nice things to say about EVERYONE. Have Ronnie Mick played together outside the stones since? I vaguely remember a charity gig?

Anyway, having someone tour with you every night is a completely different thing to not being invited to an exhibition opening of which that persons work and legacy is being celebrated.

Posted by: TaylorYears ()
Date: April 4, 2016 00:06

Interesting case. Did Taylor explain why he wasn't invited?

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: April 4, 2016 00:15

I think it is totally irrelevant about all the other people apart from Bill Wyman, Mick Taylor and dear Brian Jones as they were Rolling Stones.

Most of the others will be featured in some way in Exhibitionism I'm sure, and we all have our own faves about who should be in the limelight more.

We will see tomorrow night who will be there................or not there, but Bill Wyman and Mick Taylor so deserve to just be invited as former Stones, with so many here today .............gone tomorrow guys and gals, who I have not even heard of.

I do hope it all works out great for all concerned. thumbs up

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: April 4, 2016 01:20

I agree thst you can't just invite all and sundry who are still with us to the launch. But Ian Stewart surely deserves acknowledgement in any displays of the early iteration of the band. He is far from irrelevant.

Posted by: Harlem Shuffler ()
Date: April 4, 2016 01:26

On BBC iPlayer there's a programme "available soon" called Like A Rolling Stone in which James Bay has a look round Exhibitionism. I believe it will be available on Monday 4th April at some stage.
I don't know how to copy and paste a link on my iPad but you can Google "James Bay Like A Rolling Stone", me old muckers.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-04 01:31 by Harlem Shuffler.

Posted by: Olly ()
Date: April 4, 2016 01:42

That should be worth watching. Here's the link:

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Olly.

Posted by: alieb ()
Date: April 4, 2016 01:52

James bay is a cutie, looking forward to watching that. Ill be there tomorrow evening hoping to get a glimpse and maybe even an autograph (if pigs can fly)...

Posted by: DiamondDog7 ()
Date: April 4, 2016 01:54

crawdaddy
I think it is totally irrelevant about all the other people apart from Bill Wyman, Mick Taylor and dear Brian Jones as they were Rolling Stones.

Most of the others will be featured in some way in Exhibitionism I'm sure, and we all have our own faves about who should be in the limelight more.

We will see tomorrow night who will be there................or not there, but Bill Wyman and Mick Taylor so deserve to just be invited as former Stones, with so many here today .............gone tomorrow guys and gals, who I have not even heard of.

I do hope it all works out great for all concerned. thumbs up

Your reply is THE BEST, crawdaddy! That's the only right way. Mick Taylor, Bill Wyman are former members and an important part of RS history and legend. Plus, their pictures and legacy are shown on most of the PR advertisement stuff. But most importantly; they were Stones members and ARE on many records in Stones history...so...They SHOULD be invited in a normal and friendly way! Like mature people. All other answers or fights or speculations don't matter. Let's just use our common sense, please! Especially YOU, Mick Jagger!! sad smiley

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: April 4, 2016 02:11

alieb
James bay is a cutie, looking forward to watching that. Ill be there tomorrow evening hoping to get a glimpse and maybe even an autograph (if pigs can fly)...
*You have fun! And please report back grinning smiley

Posted by: leahoneill ()
Date: April 4, 2016 02:16

Headed to London tomorrow for the opening. My entrance time is 12 Noon..looking forward to the "sexhibition" or Rollingstonesexhibition! Thankfully I have a 30 minute flight..

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: April 4, 2016 02:59

jammingedward
Ronnie said in an interview with The Australian last year why Mick is no longer a guest on tour with them and said
“He’s a lovely guy, Mick,” says Wood, “but he’s fraught with personal problems. He’s a hell of a handful in the real world. Once he has a guitar in his hand, he’s fine.”
[www.theaustralian.com.au]

I was shocked at how candid his answer was and it did make me think things did not end on good terms - Ronnie usually has ONLY nice things to say about EVERYONE. Have Ronnie Mick played together outside the stones since? I vaguely remember a charity gig?

Anyway, having someone tour with you every night is a completely different thing to not being invited to an exhibition opening of which that persons work and legacy is being celebrated.

I think that's quite telling. Especially, as you say, coming from Ronnie who never had a bad word to say on anyone. He's even quite guarded and diplomatic here.
A brilliant talent though Mick Taylor undoubtedly is, it's very obvious that he is a difficult, complex personality. At Paris 2 years ago, with 76,000 onlookers, whilst not playing, he could clearly be seen standing at the back of the stage for several minutes, looking out at the crowd with quite a scowl on his face. Not good PR and it must have been noticed. In any operation or place of employment, the rounded person with good social skills always get on far better than the equally talented but difficult and awkward person and music is no different.

Date: April 4, 2016 03:13

Latest from MT Facebook page, he won't be there and this explains the response from Exhibitionism;

There was no initiative on their part to include me. I'm afraid they're playing PR games.
In response to an e-mail to the gallery my office received a reply at the eleventh hour (after a lot of people complained on social media) that they would let me have 2 tickets. Which need to be collected before 15:00 tomorrow. I don't live in England. And nobody with any authority has contacted me. So it's a case of: Too little, too late.

Very sad state of affairs

Wouldn't mind betting they've done the same to Bill, which will explain it if he isn't there tomorrow.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-04 03:17 by Rollin92.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: April 4, 2016 03:26

Isn't Bill recovering from his illness?

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: April 4, 2016 04:09

I don't believe this is Mick Taylor himself writing, if it is he's gone bonkers, this is not the stuff for public moaning, he should simply show up at the opening and Dare Keith to put him out.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: April 4, 2016 04:33

DoomandGloom
I don't believe this is Mick Taylor himself writing, if it is he's gone bonkers, this is not the stuff for public moaning, he should simply show up at the opening and Dare Keith to put him out.

Hard to know whose behind it, but I agree Doom that it's bad PR for both him and the Stones. I don't know what he hopes to accomplish with it, if it is him, except maybe he's gone beyond caring, like a bitter ex. Something must have gone seriously wrong between him and them.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: April 4, 2016 05:12

latebloomer
DoomandGloom

Hard to know whose behind it, but I agree Doom that it's bad PR for both him and the Stones. I don't know what he hopes to accomplish with it, if it is him, except maybe he's gone beyond caring, like a bitter ex. Something must have gone seriously wrong between him and them.
if legit this is one of the strangest moments in public band history. Of course there will always be hugs and kisses as Taylor will be forced be grovel at a future date.Ronnie he is one shrude player, putting MT on his stage than outing him as an head case. In a world of head cases, Taylor is singled out, dreadful, unforgettable. Being a former Stone is no gas.

Posted by: erad ()
Date: April 4, 2016 06:28

DoomandGloom
latebloomer
DoomandGloom

if legit this is one of the strangest moments in public band history. Of course there will always be hugs and kisses as Taylor will be forced be grovel at a future date.Ronnie he is one shrude player, putting MT on his stage than outing him as an head case. In a world of head cases, Taylor is singled out, dreadful, unforgettable. Being a former Stone is no gas.
Coudln't agree more. Wood hasn't exactly been a pillar himself.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819...LastNext
Current Page: 14 of 77

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1750
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home