Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: What if Quebec is last show ever?
Posted by: alieb ()
Date: June 30, 2015 23:40

swaymusik
hot smiley hot smiley hot smiley

I have 2 bracelets (GENERAL ADMISSION) available for the 2015 Festival d'Été de Québec.
Each bracelet is valid to all the shows from July 9th to July 19th
including the Stones on July 15th.

Here's a link for all the artists performing at this year's festival:

www.infofestival.com/Artists/Artists-A-Z/

Asking 140$ US (175$ CDN) for both bracelets / includes shipping cost.

Please contact me at this e-mail for more info:

mulemighty@hotmail.com

smoking smiley smoking smiley smoking smiley

it's an incredible deal which I unfortunately can't take you up on because of work but 10 days of great music for less than 200 bucks? That's awesome.

Posted by: SFTD ()
Date: July 1, 2015 00:03

so long as they keep releasing more of the " FROM THE VAULT " CD / DVD series releases, I would be marginally O.K. if Quebec City was the last show.

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: July 1, 2015 00:30

that would make Buffalo next to last, but plz check my math on that.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: July 1, 2015 00:36

Thought I heard the same thing in about a last show in 1975tongue sticking out smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-01 00:36 by More Hot Rocks.

Posted by: forsure ()
Date: July 1, 2015 00:37

speaking of bracelets, how do I go about activating mine anyway? I don't read in french

Posted by: eduardoacdc ()
Date: July 1, 2015 00:43

"Yea, so they said in '75, '72, '69 etc, etc..... We didn't say it"

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: July 1, 2015 04:11

forsure
speaking of bracelets, how do I go about activating mine anyway? I don't read in french

Don't worry about it. When you are in Quebec, just insist they speak English. Tell them "this is Canada, not bloody France".

Posted by: forsure ()
Date: July 1, 2015 04:13

just like when i'm in florida and tell them "but up north we do it this way" >grinning smiley<

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: July 1, 2015 04:18

roller99
forsure

Don't worry about it. When you are in Quebec, just insist they speak English. Tell them "this is Canada, not bloody France".

LOL. The people in Quebec are more proud of their French than the French people...but they're usually tempered with a bit more courtesy about it.

Posted by: Brstonesfan ()
Date: July 1, 2015 04:29

They would never announce and truthfully may not know
when and where"it's over". Probably a matter
of health more than anything.
They are performing well enough not to embarrass themselves
as that would also end it.
As much of a Taylor fan that I am, credit RW
for stepping up as he really covers for
Keith who is the weakest link.

Caveat: If Charlie quits , it's over.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-01 09:40 by Brstonesfan.

Date: July 1, 2015 06:32

Naturalust
roller99
forsure

LOL. The people in Quebec are more proud of their French than the French people...but they're usually tempered with a bit more courtesy about it.

I speak fluent french but with an English accent and as soon as they detect any sort of accent they start speaking English to you. Sometimes they just think they're being helpful, other times they're being condescending, either way they assume they know more english than you know french, even though it is often the opposite.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: July 1, 2015 09:30

roller99
OMG, you'd never hear the end of it. I was present at The Who's "final concert" on 12/17/82 in Toronto and people were crowing about it like you wouldn't believe. Thankfully, quebec won't be the final stop in this band's history. They will be playing South America and I'm hearing that there will be a couple of gigs in NYC thrown in.

The Who are still playing "final concerts"

Posted by: saltoftheearth ()
Date: July 1, 2015 09:46

More Hot Rocks
Thought I heard the same thing in about a last show in 1975tongue sticking out smiley

When they toured Germany in 1973 the then very popular youth magazine 'Bravo' wrote that this could be their last tour ever because they were growing too old for rock stars...
(No joke, it's true!). They already spoke of 'rock dinosaurs' who still toured Europe.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: July 1, 2015 11:20

If it was, so be it.

Posted by: ab ()
Date: July 1, 2015 14:07

If Quebec is the last show ever, I suspect I'll carry on. All good things end eventually.

Date: July 1, 2015 17:16

Naturalust
roller99
forsure

Yeah, sure. Thanks for informing me about my own country of birth dude. I lived in Canada for almost 30 years and have traveled extensively in France. You've got it completely backwards.

Date: July 1, 2015 18:12

roller99
Naturalust
roller99
forsure

Yeah, sure. Thanks for informing me about my own country of birth dude. I lived in Canada for almost 30 years and have traveled extensively in France. You've got it completely backwards.

Lighten up roller, it was a joke. Besides Quebec is kind of it's own country, no? And I was more referring to the condescending attitude of the people of France toward people who don't speak the language.

btw: Half my family is from Canada too, I've spent much time there and own land there, albiet in Western Canada which is quite a bit different than Eastern Canada, imo. I'm certainly no expert on Quebec although I've visited there on several occasions. smoking smiley

Date: July 1, 2015 18:36

I've never been to France but I do know that my Quebecois friends who have been there have told me that they get made fun of for their accents.

Date: July 1, 2015 19:11

Naturalust
roller99
Naturalust
roller99
forsure

Lighten up roller, it was a joke. Besides Quebec is kind of it's own country, no? And I was more referring to the condescending attitude of the people of France toward people who don't speak the language.

btw: Half my family is from Canada too, I've spent much time there and own land there, albiet in Western Canada which is quite a bit different than Eastern Canada, imo. I'm certainly no expert on Quebec although I've visited there on several occasions. smoking smiley

OK Naturalust. Truce. Quebec is it's own country. I never found real French people condescending. Quebecois on the other hand....

Date: July 1, 2015 19:25

roller99
OK Naturalust. Truce. Quebec is it's own country. I never found real French people condescending. Quebecois on the other hand....

No worries roller. I do recall a Mick (and Keith?) interview (about Exile?) where Mick talks about the rudeness of the French people. Say something like he hates it...eye popping smiley

Perhaps you speak good French but stories of the French people's intolerance of people trying to speak their language are pretty common.

Posted by: Stones50 ()
Date: July 1, 2015 19:30

grzegorz67
Stones50
Yes but Madison Sq Garden is their concert home

Really ? On what do you base this assertion other than your own strongly held opinion and perhaps you live nearby? Their concert home at any given time is where it's being performed - Kansas City last time out and Raleigh next.

Your opinion seems very similar to a poster on here who used the now inactivated handle alhavu1 and repeated said opinion over and over. Do you know him/her grinning smiley ?
I note your account is only 4 weeks old too. Funny that...

YOU have a lot of time on your hands sonny boy. My opinion is that Mad Sq Garden is their "concert home". Enjoy!

Date: July 1, 2015 19:49

Brstonesfan
They would never announce and truthfully may not know
when and where"it's over". Probably a matter
of health more than anything.
They are performing well enough not to embarrass themselves
as that would also end it.
As much of a Taylor fan that I am, credit RW
for stepping up as he really covers for
Keith who is the weakest link.

Caveat: If Charlie quits , it's over.

Didn't Charlie make a big grumble/threat of quitting back in 2012/2013?

Posted by: Stones50 ()
Date: July 1, 2015 19:50

Yes, he did

Date: July 1, 2015 21:18

Naturalust
roller99

No worries roller. I do recall a Mick (and Keith?) interview (about Exile?) where Mick talks about the rudeness of the French people. Say something like he hates it...eye popping smiley

Perhaps you speak good French but stories of the French people's intolerance of people trying to speak their language are pretty common.

I don't speak a word of French. Mick does. He's a linguist. Very cunning.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 2, 2015 16:51

roller99
Naturalust
roller99

I don't speak a word of French. Mick does. He's a linguist. Very cunning.

This joke's so cheap I almost mistook this for one of my posts.

Posted by: LoveYouLive ()
Date: July 2, 2015 17:03

Naturalust
roller99

I have been to France plenty of times (work for a French company) and I don't speak any French beyond a few words. When they go off about their language, I remind them that English is the common language spoke around the world... not French. And the main reason for this is that the French haven't won a war on their own in over 200 years.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1560
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home