Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
What if Quebec is last show ever?
Posted by: Chester ()
Date: June 30, 2015 04:04

No offense to the fine folks in Quebec, but it just wouldn't seem right, would it?

Re: What if Quebec is last show ever?
Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: June 30, 2015 04:09

OMG, you'd never hear the end of it. I was present at The Who's "final concert" on 12/17/82 in Toronto and people were crowing about it like you wouldn't believe. Thankfully, quebec won't be the final stop in this band's history. They will be playing South America and I'm hearing that there will be a couple of gigs in NYC thrown in.

Posted by: taz22 ()
Date: June 30, 2015 04:20

You just never know when the last show will be, Charlie, Mick and Keith aren't getting any younger. Hate to say it, but anything can happen.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: June 30, 2015 04:22

Is Quebec a country?
Is it part of Florida?
What are we talking about here?

Date: June 30, 2015 04:28

taz22
You just never know when the last show will be, Charlie, Mick and Keith aren't getting any younger. Hate to say it, but anything can happen.

Ronnie, on the other hand, is quite younger than he was a year ago...

Date: June 30, 2015 04:39

Munichhilton
Is Quebec a country?
Is it part of Florida?

Best post today on IORR!!!!!

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 30, 2015 04:46

I've though about this too but come to the conclusion that it doesn't really matter in the long run. Quebec or Timbuktu or London. I won't be at any of them and I imagine the Quebec fans would be somewhat honored. What is more important is your last RS show, imo.

We want to wrap up this 50+ year RS career in a neat little box and send them off with a perfect ending for our own strange reasons. For anyone to be shocked or disappointed that their last show wasn't some big extravaganza after all they have given us? Their history is such that they will never reveal any show is their last anyway so to have last show expectations beyond your own personal last show or the next one you have tickets for seems a bit out of line.

The end will come when we least expect it and the only thing we can count on is that it won't go on forever.

Posted by: alieb ()
Date: June 30, 2015 04:53

BeforeTheyMakeMeRun
taz22

no need to state the obvious, BTMMR grinning smiley

Speaking of the obvious, I hate to be this dark but any one of them could drop dead or get seriously ill at any moment. You absolutely never know what is going to happen. It's a miracle they've made it this far and we all know it. However, I would think that if the ending is going to be planned that they will finish things off where they began, in London.

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: June 30, 2015 05:02

They're hitting London and South America

Date: June 30, 2015 05:04

Munichhilton
Is Quebec a country?
Is it part of Florida?

I always thought it was Kwibeckistan, somewhere in Central Asia...

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 30, 2015 05:05

If Quebec "is the last show ever" it certainly won't be because it was planned to be. It's very likely their last show won't be planned however, so one never knows.

At the very least what is (aparently) planned is... more shows. Yay.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-30 05:07 by MisterDDDD.

Date: June 30, 2015 05:13

Tabernac! Cholise! A pair of toast and a Pepsi!

Posted by: relms ()
Date: June 30, 2015 05:20

The Stones will still be playing live shows when most of the skeptics are dead and gone.

What does this band have to do make the skeptics stop being so skeptical? The Stones have done it ALL for over 50 years. The Stones have been doubted and then proven themselves over and over and over and over and over and still some people doubt them?

Posted by: Chester ()
Date: June 30, 2015 05:22

I'm just talking about location. Elvis' last show was at Market Square Arena in Indy. The Beatles at Candlestick. The Grateful Dead at Soldier Field in Chicago, etc. Since the Stones have no real history with, or connection to, Quebec City, it would just seem odd if that's where it ends.

Date: June 30, 2015 05:23

relms
The Stones will still be playing live shows when most of the skeptics are dead and gone.

What does this band have to do make the skeptics stop being so skeptical? The Stones have done it ALL for over 50 years. The Stones have been doubted and then proven themselves over and over and over and over and over and still some people doubt them?

it's good when people doubt them, they step up when they have something to prove. we have to get nervous when everyone loves them.

Date: June 30, 2015 05:47

Turner68
relms

it's good when people doubt them, they step up when they have something to prove. we have to get nervous when everyone loves them.

That may be the way you operate and are motivated, but you have delusions of grandeur if you imagine your whining affects The Stones in any way.

Date: June 30, 2015 05:54

relms
Turner68
relms

That may be the way you operate and are motivated, but you have delusions of grandeur if you imagine your whining affects The Stones in any way.

I definitely didn't suggest that - surely by skeptics you don't mean fans on the board? I assume you referred to the 99% of the world that doesn't care about the stones and if they do it's to joke about how old they are.

I am not a stones skeptic. I am a fan.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-30 06:20 by Turner68.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 30, 2015 06:13

Turner68
I am not a stones skeptic. I am a fan.

Indeed you are Turner, that's pretty obvious from reading your posts. Considering this thread has absolutely nothing to do with skepticism or any negative feelings toward the Stones you've got to wonder why it was brought up at all. confused smiley

Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 30, 2015 06:17

What if the sun does not come up tomorrow?

Bjornulf

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 30, 2015 06:18

Bummer ..... I won't get a tan ...

ROCKMAN

Date: June 30, 2015 06:24

The sun and the moon and The Rolling Stones, things we can count on, they are proven and they make me very happy.

Date: June 30, 2015 06:46

alieb
BeforeTheyMakeMeRun
taz22

no need to state the obvious, BTMMR grinning smiley

Speaking of the obvious, I hate to be this dark but any one of them could drop dead or get seriously ill at any moment. You absolutely never know what is going to happen. It's a miracle they've made it this far and we all know it. However, I would think that if the ending is going to be planned that they will finish things off where they began, in London.

I know, I know! You're right, it is a miracle...

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: June 30, 2015 06:46

Someone please make a beaver joke!

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: June 30, 2015 06:58

Chester
No offense to the fine folks in Quebec, but it just wouldn't seem right, would it?

To me it would be (or would have been) as right as any other place on earth. Besides, a natural, as contrasted to a preconceived, end. That is the real issue here. I am all for a natural end. Hopefully not until later. Rather much later. The idea of Quebec, however, as their last concert venue is perfect in my imagination.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 30, 2015 07:00

.... okay

ROCKMAN

Date: June 30, 2015 07:23

Send It To me

Id rather have a beaver in front of me, than a frontalabeaverme

Oh wait, thats a gopher.

A frontalagopherme? ah nevermind this is a...

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 30, 2015 09:30

roller99
Munichhilton
Is Quebec a country?
Is it part of Florida?

Best post today on IORR!!!!!
High praise indeed

Posted by: swaymusik ()
Date: June 30, 2015 09:46

hot smiley hot smiley hot smiley

I have 2 bracelets (GENERAL ADMISSION) available for the 2015 Festival d'Été de Québec.
Each bracelet is valid to all the shows from July 9th to July 19th
including the Stones on July 15th.

Here's a link for all the artists performing at this year's festival:

www.infofestival.com/Artists/Artists-A-Z/

Asking 140$ US (175$ CDN) for both bracelets / includes shipping cost.

Please contact me at this e-mail for more info:

mulemighty@hotmail.com

smoking smiley smoking smiley smoking smiley

Posted by: Stoneburst ()
Date: June 30, 2015 10:55

relms

Try reading people's posts before calling them whiners, Max.

Date: June 30, 2015 11:16

Stoneburst
relms

Try reading people's posts before calling them whiners, Max.

And again stonesbust you show you are a petulant child.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-30 11:17 by relms.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2130
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home