Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920
Current Page: 20 of 20
Re: Sticky Fingers Live (Fonda Theatre 2015) officially on i-tunes
Posted by: Mr.D ()
Date: November 11, 2015 23:20

Green Lady
I was still hoping for some way to acquire this legally that doesn't involve ITunes. *sigh*

If your email wasn't hidden I would send it to you via Dropbox!

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: November 11, 2015 23:28

Well mine isn't, so you can send it to me if you feel like sending it anyway spinning smiley sticking its tongue out. However, I have to tell you I'm not Green nor Lady!

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: November 11, 2015 23:49

Rank Stranger
I'm still hoping for the whole gig; I was expecting this for Christmas with another live release from the Zip Code tour.

Anybody got info on this?

As discussed earlier it appears Bob Clearmountain has completed a different mix for the video of this show. I guess the better description is he took that mix and made it more "live" for the release we got. This performance sure deserves an unbrickwalled and better mixed release! So the good news is that it exists.

I too was really hoping for a 2015 release of the entire show, along with the rumored Sticky Fingers documentary. Perhaps they are still working on the documentary part. confused smiley I say strike while the iron's hot but there may be a bit of marketing decision involved because they don't want to compete with the other Vault releases or the Fonda iTunes release.

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: November 12, 2015 00:14

Sticky Fingers Live (Fonda Theatre 2015) !!!

Great title for a dvd released in 2015...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-12 00:15 by RipThisBone.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: November 12, 2015 00:38

I refused to buy the audio download when it became apparent they were going to start ripping people off by making them re-buy it as part of a DVD sale. I bought the Tokyo show and all I wanted was a stand alone Blu Ray. Instead I'm stuck with buying it twice, or no show.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: November 12, 2015 00:54

I don't understand the reason for multiple releases of the same show. They probably think 'Oh serious fans will buy all of them'.

I've yet to bother with any of the STICKY FINGERS reissue-live album-whatever because I'm guessing at some point it will all be issued together.

Whatever. It's not like it's an absolute. They got me with the EXILE extra stand alone album. Fine.

I bought the SOME GIRLS double reissue. Not so fine. Considering what they left off, no matter what shape it was, and included tracks that were post-SOME GIRLS tour... not so fine at all.

Why can't they just do what other artists do?

Posted by: donvis ()
Date: November 12, 2015 06:10

Put the damn thing out already!!!!!

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: November 12, 2015 06:41

Mr.D
Green Lady
I was still hoping for some way to acquire this legally that doesn't involve ITunes. *sigh*

Thank you for the kind offer, but at the moment I don't really want a free pirate copy - just a legitimate chance to buy it. However, if it becomes obvious that there is never going to be anything but the ITunes version, ever, I might ask again.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: November 12, 2015 08:00

Green Lady
Mr.D
Green Lady

Thank you for the kind offer, but at the moment I don't really want a free pirate copy - just a legitimate chance to buy it. However, if it becomes obvious that there is never going to be anything but the ITunes version, ever, I might ask again.

Much respect Green Lady for your stance on obtaining music by paying for it! No disrespect to Mr. D or anyone else who trades free stuff or makes a habit out of free downloads, but it's not a practice that has necessarily been good for the industry, especially new artists and new artist development...not that the Stones are particularly hurting but just sayin...smoking smiley

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: November 12, 2015 10:59

Naturalust
Green Lady
Mr.D
Green Lady

Much respect Green Lady for your stance on obtaining music by paying for it! No disrespect to Mr. D or anyone else who trades free stuff or makes a habit out of free downloads, but it's not a practice that has necessarily been good for the industry, especially new artists and new artist development...not that the Stones are particularly hurting but just sayin...smoking smiley

When getting something is going to involve serious inconvenience or Enormous Expense, I am as unprincipled as the next person, but as a general rule I prefer not to download things that I could just as easily buy. But if the artist chooses to impose unnecessary artificial restrictions on where and how the buying can take place, they only have themselves to blame.

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: November 12, 2015 11:09

Mr D, thank you so much, that's just awesome!!!!smileys with beer

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: November 12, 2015 13:08

My guess is, they will release it near Christmas 2015.
Jeroen

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: November 12, 2015 15:18

24FPS
I refused to buy the audio download when it became apparent they were going to start ripping people off by making them re-buy it as part of a DVD sale. I bought the Tokyo show and all I wanted was a stand alone Blu Ray. Instead I'm stuck with buying it twice, or no show.

I totally agree and passed on the CD/Blu ray. I have the audio and refuse to pay the ridiculously inflated price for the combo package. Same with the upcoming Leeds. I will eventually get them through alternate means.

Posted by: zwi2001 ()
Date: November 12, 2015 15:32

Hi Mr.D.
can you send it to me please ?

ma.kolb@gmx.de

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: November 13, 2015 08:16

They should have released the concert with the SF deluxe reissue. Would have made a really interesting bonus disc...

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: November 13, 2015 14:38

kowalski
They should have released the concert with the SF deluxe reissue. Would have made a really interesting bonus disc...
It would have made a much better second disc than what they put out. 5 outtakes, that were barely outtakes, and 5 live tracks that we got anyway in a full show with the Leeds release.

Date: November 13, 2015 14:40

kowalski

It's never too late...

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: November 13, 2015 15:15

For me, that $9-$10. iTunes download was bliss, my RS listening capability is limited by adult life responsibilities, and iTunes is my exercise music vehicle w/ ear buds, sometimes thru speakers if I'm lucky. Especially if a Zipcode show was seen this year, hearing them in the same 2015 excellent grooving condition rocked my world, and Sticky Fingers a top album of all time.
Yep, good $10 bucks spent, well worth it!
Now please sirs, let us have a DVD w/ some documentary chat!!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920
Current Page: 20 of 20

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1486
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home