Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1516171819202122232425Next
Current Page: 20 of 25
Re: Kansas City MO USA 27-June-2015 Rolling Stones live show updates
Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 28, 2015 21:52

GS1978
DO NOT listen to the naysayers --- Go see this band before it's too late.

I think the naysayers and skeptics are dropping like flies. Too many consistently good performances at this point.

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: June 28, 2015 21:52

Naturalust
RS
I am driving and I am very tired so I will give out a little info about last night right now:

A multi talented young lady you are! Most people aren't driving till they are 15 or 16. winking smiley

I guess she is.
But I'm sure cmc is driving the car.
smoking smiley

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: June 28, 2015 21:56

The setlist is predictable and conservative as hell, but the band is awesome. Kick ass show in KC last night.

Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: June 28, 2015 21:58

mnewman505
If anyone has documentation that this was played after 1963 please share, was it played for fun at a show like Sir Morgan's Cove that we don't have an accurate setlist from? who knows.

In one of the many RS books, I think Roy Carr's excellent 1976 book, there is a photo of Ian Stewart's handwritten setlist for the Marquee Club. I must go and find it and list the whole set, see what we might get elsewhere in the period of nostalgia

Posted by: RS ()
Date: June 28, 2015 22:01

Dreamer
Naturalust
RS
I am driving and I am very tired so I will give out a little info about last night right now:

A multi talented young lady you are! Most people aren't driving till they are 15 or 16. winking smiley

I guess she is.
But I'm sure cmc is driving the car.
smoking smiley

Thank you!

-RS

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: June 28, 2015 22:09

thecitadel
mnewman505
If anyone has documentation that this was played after 1963 please share, was it played for fun at a show like Sir Morgan's Cove that we don't have an accurate setlist from? who knows.

In one of the many RS books, I think Roy Carr's excellent 1976 book, there is a photo of Ian Stewart's handwritten setlist for the Marquee Club. I must go and find it and list the whole set, see what we might get elsewhere in the period of nostalgia

[www.udiscovermusic.com]

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: June 28, 2015 22:10

RS
I am in the car right now and I am very tired so I will give out a little info about last night right now:

I got a Keith Richards and Mick Jagger pick.
I got filmed with a very big recording camera on the other side of the fence thing.
I got some eye contact with Keith and Mick. Ronnie was looking the other way when he came down the cat walk.
2 different times out on the catwalk Mick took someone's phone from the crowd and took a picture while still dancing and all that! I was very close to that. It was the greatest!

i heard you on your periscope feed say "i got mick's (pick)!"

IORR............but I like it!

Date: June 28, 2015 22:18

sweet neo con
RS
I am in the car right now and I am very tired so I will give out a little info about last night right now:

I got filmed with a very big recording camera on the other side of the fence thing.
I got some eye contact with Keith and Mick. Ronnie was looking the other way when he came down the cat walk.
2 different times out on the catwalk Mick took someone's phone from the crowd and took a picture while still dancing and all that! I was very close to that. It was the greatest!

i heard you on your periscope feed say "i got mick's (pick)!"

>grinning smiley<

-RS

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: June 28, 2015 22:20

Naturalust
GS1978

I think the naysayers and skeptics are dropping like flies. Too many consistently good performances at this point.

Not what I thought when listening back to the Milwaukee recording! Honky Tonk Women is an unbelievable mess, no band in ''top form'' should be able to mess it up like that. ''Champagne And Reefer'' was not a fraction of the performance on ''Shine A Light'' movie.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-28 22:21 by TheBlockbuster.

Date: June 28, 2015 22:24

Green Lady
with sssoul
LoFL - what did the Mick do in HTW when he was down at the end of the catwalk?
It looks like he took someone's phone and took a crowd shot followed by a selfie,
but I'm not sure I believe what I seem to be seeing :E

The Glimmers were both in great voice, weren't they - as were all the guitars
I love the Rolling Stones

Somebody tweeted "Mick just took someone’s phone and filmed Honky Tonk Women from the stage for them!" and the RS repeated it on the official Live Updates thread, so I suppose it must be true.

From 3:12 through 3:25 on this video: [www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 28, 2015 22:35

TheBlockbuster
Naturalust
GS1978

Not what I thought when listening back to the Milwaukee recording! Honky Tonk Women is an unbelievable mess, no band in ''top form'' should be able to mess it up like that. ''Champagne And Reefer'' was not a fraction of the performance on ''Shine A Light'' movie.

Yes there are exceptions. But it is live music after all and the good performances still outnumber the bad ones by a long shot on any given night. Not a "bad show" yet. Just a few borderline songs. To be expected with this band. Nothing risked nothing gained kind of thing.

Posted by: austrianstones ()
Date: June 28, 2015 22:45

RS

you deserve it, was great to meet you cool smiley

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: June 28, 2015 22:47

TheBlockbuster
On part one of your statement, I agree....but I'd never say this tour is "top form" but to be quite honest I prefer it to much of what I heard on ABB tour. And on "Champagne & Reefer" I disagree...but then again I don't like "Shine a Light" much at all. It's completely staged from the paid audience models to Mick doing his over-signing thing, just not a fan. I thought the other night with Buddy was a great guest appearance.

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: June 28, 2015 22:52

Strictly from a Periscope perspective, Nashville and KC have sounded the best.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: June 28, 2015 22:52

Naturalust
GS1978

Did anyone post this rave from the KC paper yet?

[www.kansascity.com]

Is anyone else doing anything close to what they are doing, just kicking the shit out of everything? I know the Who is on the road but I don't follow them or too many other bands. F Mac? It's not the same thing is it?

I watched the clip of Beast of Burden and even Sheeran didn't spoil it for me. I don't watch all the clips. Sounds like Woody has finally broken out of his cliches? He had some tasty licks in Beast, where he could have been and formerly was lazy.

I was definitely skeptical. And there are still some numbers that are just a big snooze to me. But it seems like they are actually playing like they have not in some time and that the tour is ending up a huge smash, not just financially, but philosophically as well. if you know what I mean.

Date: June 28, 2015 22:55

TheBlockbuster
Naturalust
GS1978

You sure know how to jump on things: two songs were an 'unbelievable mess'...
Well it's nothing new when I say the RS always managed to do that somehow.
Even in 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, or '81, '89, '90, '95...and I'm sure you got some more examples.
Personally I have maybe four songs from yesterday or last week that weren't 100%.
But that's not what this is about. It's about too many consistently good performances and the enthusiasm and stuff like that.

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: June 28, 2015 22:56

Rokyfan
Naturalust
GS1978

Did anyone post this rave from the KC paper yet?

[www.kansascity.com]

Is anyone else doing anything close to what they are doing, just kicking the shit out of everything? I know the Who is on the road but I don't follow them or too many other bands. F Mac? It's not the same thing is it?

I watched the clip of Beast of Burden and even Sheeran didn't spoil it for me. I don't watch all the clips. Sounds like Woody has finally broken out of his cliches? He had some tasty licks in Beast, where he could have been and formerly was lazy.

I was definitely skeptical. And there are still some numbers that are just a big snooze to me. But it seems like they are actually playing like they have not in some time and that the tour is ending up a huge smash, not just financially, but philosophically as well. if you know what I mean.

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up The whiners and naysayers have gone the way of the Mayans.

Posted by: EasterMan ()
Date: June 28, 2015 23:09

Dreamer
TheBlockbuster
Naturalust
GS1978

You sure know how to jump on things: two songs were an 'unbelievable mess'...
Well it's nothing new when I say the RS always managed to do that somehow.
Even in 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, or '81, '89, '90, '95...and I'm sure you got some more examples.
Personally I have maybe four songs from yesterday or last week that weren't 100%.
But that's not what this is about. It's about too many consistently good performances and the enthusiasm and stuff like that.

It's not about the number of mistakes. Mistakes always happens, it's about how the mistakes happen. In the past they would always recover from a trainwreck start, in Milwaukee they never recovered,
First: the tempo of the song is set much slower because of Keith's mistake, in the past it would have returned to correct pace,
Second: Keith is playing in the wrong key during his solo, usually he dosen't do that If he flubbed the intro - it should sharpen his mind.
Third: Something odd happens to Charlie's drumming during Chuck's solo.

All in this doesn't look like a band which are firing on all cylinders. Still I must say last night seemed have been a better concert.

video: [www.youtube.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-28 23:10 by EasterMan.

Date: June 28, 2015 23:14

Stones with Ed Sheeran (official video): [www.youtube.com]

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: June 28, 2015 23:23

I'm losing motivation to argue with the haters. Stones performances have always varied from song to song and night to night. And if you think that HTW is worse than some of the dogsh*t that went down in 2007 on ABB you are kidding yourself. The joy being displayed by them during this tour has truly slayed many of the skeptics, myself included. Was HTW the other night cringeworthy, you bet it was. But that video of SFM from last night is a truly transcendent moment, one of those numbers where it all just clicks. That has been happening quite a bit this tour and the band is noticing it and so are we. It is true that Keith has been struggling mightily pretty much since his accident, but the other three guys are really as good as they have been in the modern Vegas Stones era. I'll argue that Ronnie Wood has finally found his place in this band and is the best i've ever seen him.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-28 23:25 by mnewman505.

Date: June 28, 2015 23:23

austrianstones
RS

you deserve it, was great to meet you cool smiley

Thank you so much, it was awesome to meet you!

-RS

Date: June 28, 2015 23:27

mnewman505
I'm losing motivation to argue with the haters. Stones performances have always varied from song to song and night to night. And if you think that HTW is worse than some of the dogsh*t that went down in 2007 on ABB you are kidding yourself.

Give me ONE example of something worse which happened on ABB in 2007, worse than HTW in Milwaukee or worse than Can't Be Seen in Oslo. You won't find anything.
I'm not saying they are playing bad on this tour, but they were clearly better in 2007. If you think they are playing better now then you are kidding yourself.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: June 28, 2015 23:33

with sssoul

Is that what he was up to during Heartbreaker in Milwaukee too? [www.iorr.org]
It didn't look like it worked out there - people, be on your toes!
When the Mick wants your phone hand it over, but best keep it on a leash! eye popping smiley

I'm not sure what he was doing during Heartbreaker but during another song later on in Milwaukee (can't remember which) he looked to be bending down with his arm outstretched into the crowd around the end of the catwalk, which, like the stage, was very low and close to the rail. I thought he was perhaps giving those along the rail down there a bunch of speedy high-fives but maybe he was doing the phone thing. Did anyone down near the catwalk see that, too?

Whatever, sssoul is right about the need for a phone leash in that case!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-28 23:34 by Beast.

Date: June 28, 2015 23:40

EasterMan
mnewman505
I'm losing motivation to argue with the haters. Stones performances have always varied from song to song and night to night. And if you think that HTW is worse than some of the dogsh*t that went down in 2007 on ABB you are kidding yourself.

Give me ONE example of something worse which happened on ABB in 2007, worse than HTW in Milwaukee or worse than Can't Be Seen in Oslo. You won't find anything.
I'm not saying they are playing bad on this tour, but they were clearly better in 2007. If you think they are playing better now then you are kidding yourself.

Thank you for the video. Truly a great fukc up!
It melts when I compare it to BOB or SFM from Kansas City...
Got another lousy song from Milwaukee? I'll put that against Satisfaction from Kansas City. Or against Kansas City.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: June 28, 2015 23:57

EasterMan
mnewman505

I was in Milan in 2006 and Rome in 2007, in Rome they played CYHMK. it was the first time for me live so I was thrilled. That version can not even be compared with Milwaukee's

I am not saying "they're getting better and better" in general. To argue that in your seventies you play better rock and roll than in your thirties or even sixties can only be either an illusion or a thing used in a tiresome way by those who, living in the past, cannot do anything else but compare anything with the good ole days.

You wanted an example of something that someone experienced as better now than before and this is one, hands down.

There is more that comes to my mind: GOOMC as played in the Austin dvd and that I witnessed at the O2 in 2012, second night

There is more

In perspective: I saw them in 1990, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2012 and 2014 and I must say that exactly the 2007 was the weaker of all, before and after

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-29 00:05 by maumau.

Posted by: mitchrambler ()
Date: June 29, 2015 00:04

EasterMan
mnewman505

shes so cold in 82 was pretty awul even this tour it wasn't that good..not really a good song live linda like tops or ventilator blues

Date: June 29, 2015 00:11

maumau
EasterMan
mnewman505

I was in Milan in 2006 and Rome in 2007, in Rome they played CYHMK. it was the first time for me live so I was thrilled. That version can not even be compared with Milwaukee's

I am not saying "they're getting better and better" in general. To argue that in your seventies you play better rock and roll than in your thirties or even sixties can only be either an illusion or a thing used in a tiresome way by those who, living in the past, cannot do anything else but compare anything with the good ole days.

You wanted an example of something that someone experienced as better now than before and this is one, hands down.

There is more that comes to my mind: GOOMC as played in the Austin dvd and that I witnessed at the O2 in 2012, second night

There is more

In perspective: I saw them in 1990, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2012 and 2014 and I must say that exactly the 2007 was the weaker of all, before and after

How odd, I thought my 2007 shows was way better than my 2014 shows! But it's a matter of taste I guess.

There are some songs which they play better now than they did on ABB-tour, no doubt about it. I more of meant that in 2007, there were no trainwrecks which were as horrid as the trainwrecks we've seen the last two years.

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: June 29, 2015 00:14

Read below thumbs down

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-29 00:17 by RipThisBone.

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: June 29, 2015 00:15

Cristiano Radtke
thecitadel
mnewman505

[www.udiscovermusic.com]

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up A STONESISM follower knows and believes The HISTORY. Awesome!!!
DOWN THE ROAD APIECE would be nice. smileys with beer

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: June 29, 2015 00:28

EasterMan

How odd, I thought my 2007 shows was way better than my 2014 shows! But it's a matter of taste I guess.

There are some songs which they play better now than they did on ABB-tour, no doubt about it. I more of meant that in 2007, there were no trainwrecks which were as horrid as the trainwrecks we've seen the last two years.

Yes, it is taste and also fortune, I mean you can be in on a great night or on a bad night
I think it is quite clear from the best quality video that those who attended the KC show were in on a good night
These does not tell anything 100% sure about the next

My speculation on the 2006 and 2007 (and it is a speculation as i did not attend all concerts) noneheless it is based on many videos, the dvd box and stories from fans here and has to do with production. I think from 2012, in their own peculiar and still "grandeuse" way, they scaled down and back to a more direct impact. Gone are the moving platform and the odd seats "on" the stage, I think in some way this difference also can be heard in the music.

A major point in favour of the 2006/2007 is that they played some songs from a new album then winking smiley So that was a sign of a band still "creative". Now we get Doom and Gloom and that's it and though I dont particularly dig the song I am glad Mick keeps it in the set. Also I think they usually play it good

anyway, it ends up really to that; if you get them in an "on" night they are still by far the best rock and roll band in the world

and that is why i love them

cheers

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-29 00:30 by maumau.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1516171819202122232425Next
Current Page: 20 of 25

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2273
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home