Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Midnight Rambler video at Nashville.
Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: June 20, 2015 10:35

Video thread now buried on page 2 of Tell Me now,so thought I would post only complete MR here for all to see. Haven't seen a full Brown Sugar yet. smileys with beer

[youtu.be]

Re: Midnight Rambler video at Nashville.
Posted by: Testify ()
Date: June 20, 2015 10:44

Version fantastic, the best!

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: June 20, 2015 15:09

thumbs up

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: June 20, 2015 18:03

This version is so awesome that deserves its own thread. Thanks, crawdaddy! thumbs up

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: June 20, 2015 18:09

Incredible voice of Mick Jagger so relax and natural.......heads for Ronny and Keith...look forward for an officially release of this version

Posted by: Captainchaos ()
Date: June 20, 2015 18:27

deary me i'll take the flack that comes with this but my god is this pants compared to on the last tour. the amount of bummers and one note wonder stuff from the instrumental bit around 2.40 is shocking, massive blag lead stuff there.
Dissapointed when i wanted to be pleased, great rytham section etc but lacks that bit of virtuoso flair on guitar

Come back Taylor all is forgiven

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 20, 2015 18:47

It definitely had some great moments, the guitars tones are sweet and Mick's harmonica playing is amazing. I do however agree with Captainchaos somewhat that Ronnie seems to be trying a bit to hard with some of the lead parts on this with mixed results. He obviously has some big shoes to fill and Taylors playing on this is always going to be better from a purely guitar players perspective, imo.

One thing for certain on this one...you can sure HEAR the guitars.

peace

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-20 18:54 by Naturalust.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: June 20, 2015 20:56

I thought this was a classic Rambler and can't see anything wrong with the bit around 2:40. It's obviously a Ronnie Rambler and not an MT.
To me it is always played great. One of the highlights of any Rolling Stones gig. I think the audio is great on this, as it sometimes is up in the gods/nosebleeds at these big stadiums. Obviously also depends on the posters gadget/camera type thingy. smileys with beer

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: June 22, 2015 08:49

Rambler in much better quality - the beginning is fun as Keith keeps everybody waiting for him to appear from the shadows and get busy...

[www.youtube.com]

Date: June 22, 2015 10:28

Naturalust
It definitely had some great moments, the guitars tones are sweet and Mick's harmonica playing is amazing. I do however agree with Captainchaos somewhat that Ronnie seems to be trying a bit to hard with some of the lead parts on this with mixed results. He obviously has some big shoes to fill and Taylors playing on this is always going to be better from a purely guitar players perspective, imo.

One thing for certain on this one...you can sure HEAR the guitars.

peace

Sometimes, it's just great and the need to compare with anyone just isn't there smiling smiley

It's a very good version in its own right.

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: June 22, 2015 10:34

Whether Ronnie nor Keith know what they could do with their instruments in the middle part, although Mick gives room for improvisations this time. Imagine what MT would have done in this case ...

Date: June 22, 2015 10:48

RobertJohnson
Whether Ronnie nor Keith know what they could do with their instruments in the middle part, although Mick gives room for improvisations this time. Imagine what MT would have done in this case ...

We KNOW what Mick Taylor would have done.

Posted by: Stoneburst ()
Date: June 22, 2015 11:17

Captainchaos
deary me i'll take the flack that comes with this but my god is this pants compared to on the last tour. the amount of bummers and one note wonder stuff from the instrumental bit around 2.40 is shocking, massive blag lead stuff there.
Dissapointed when i wanted to be pleased, great rytham section etc but lacks that bit of virtuoso flair on guitar

Yes. And Jagger knows it, working extra hard on the jam section as he does. Not that that's a bad thing per se, Rambler was always more his harp playing than the guitar solos. But it's hard to listen to what Ronnie does here and not feel something's missing.

Posted by: caschimann ()
Date: June 22, 2015 13:51

Friends: I just heard that MR in many Nashville Versions - and I really get goosebumbs on my back.

Great!

and: with all that delay of Keith and the improvisation and the time it takes
and than the suddenly Keith-riff-attack....

...this here has the start-power of the GET YER YA YA´S OUT version.

no discussionsmiling smiley

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: June 22, 2015 21:32

Ronnie sounds great actually, but Charlie is all over the place. His lack of timing is dire. It sounds like he's having a stroke behind the kit.

Posted by: DoctorFreddie ()
Date: June 22, 2015 23:22

Stoneburst
Captainchaos

Yes. And Jagger knows it, working extra hard on the jam section as he does. Not that that's a bad thing per se, Rambler was always more his harp playing than the guitar solos. But it's hard to listen to what Ronnie does here and not feel something's missing.

Spot on

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: June 22, 2015 23:31

caschimann
Friends: I just heard that MR in many Nashville Versions - and I really get goosebumbs on my back.

Great!

and: with all that delay of Keith and the improvisation and the time it takes
and than the suddenly Keith-riff-attack....

...this here has the start-power of the GET YER YA YA´S OUT version.

no discussionsmiling smiley

You won't get an argument from me. The heat in Nashville was absolutely oppressive and quite honestly affected my ability to focus completely on the show, I faded in and out at times. But, I certainly came alive during this Rambler - one of the best I've ever seen and heard.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2052
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home