Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Next album re-release?
Posted by: alexisjagger ()
Date: June 19, 2015 20:58

Do you think the stones are gonna re-release another album or do you think the will go to the studio to record a new album?

If they re-release an album,I guess It would be Tatto You. I know there are unreleased songs from the Undercover period but since that album was not very successfull, I guess they could re-releas Tattoo you.

For me the best option would be a new studio album. They could call it "England´s Oldest Hitmakers" as a tribute to their first album. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-19 21:02 by alexisjagger.

Re: Next album re-release?
Date: June 19, 2015 22:33

I doubt Tattoo You will ever get the deluxe treatment (and if it does, they'll be scrapping the bottom of the barrel) since that album was just leftovers from the seventies. They could do Voodoo Lounge, I'm sure we all are sure of that, but God knows how much material they'd cut out. If they really wanted to cater to the 2%, why not show us what they're been holding back from Bridges or Bigger Bang...

Okay, I'm done daydreaming. smiling smiley

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: June 19, 2015 22:43

alexisjagger
Do you think the stones are gonna re-release another album or do you think the will go to the studio to record a new album?

If they re-release an album,I guess It would be Tatto You. I know there are unreleased songs from the Undercover period but since that album was not very successfull, I guess they could re-releas Tattoo you.

For me the best option would be a new studio album. They could call it "England´s Oldest Hitmakers" as a tribute to their first album. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
Beggars Banquet - TY is not a real album, but a mixture of older songs

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: June 19, 2015 23:12

Emotional rescue deluxe !!!!

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: June 19, 2015 23:39

they could easily do Tattoo. only complete die hards realize its from the vault. they can scrape more stuff like misty roads, fiji jim and easily put it on a Tattoo release.
These re-releases are not historically accurate any way so who cares as long as we get some music. WE HAD IT ALL, and TALLAHASEE LASSIE werent even recorded until 1979 and they came out on 1978 Some Girl deluxe.
Title 5 or whatever its called on the Exile deluxe is like from 1967.

and TATTOO YOU was definitely considered a real gem in its day unlike Emotional Rescue. TY is considered the last great masterpiece and spent 9 weeks at number 1 in the States. Commercially speaking, go with TY. the outtakes will still be from the Some Girls,and Emotional Rescue sessions, and they may even put something like "Scarlett" from 1973 on it since both TOPS and WOAF are both from that era.

Posted by: cbtaco19 ()
Date: June 19, 2015 23:51

I seem to remember a Don Was interview posted here at one point where he said that there was a tone of Beggars Banquet material that would make a great deluxe reissue. Anybody remember that or am I dreaming?

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: June 20, 2015 00:01

Any album released from 1968 to 1981 could be re-released with bonus tracks and live stuff, there's money here with all the special editions, Lp's versions and DVD's, even the worst selling one from the combo so far (Some Girls) went on to move 350-400k worldwide. They can sell 2-3 million copies combined with 6-7 re-editions in the next 5 years, that's not a bad number on today's era.

Posted by: alieb ()
Date: June 20, 2015 00:05

Well the logical release considering they have been going backwards through their most successful albums would be Let It Bleed, followed by Beggars, but i don't know how that works with all the rights and whatnot... however in an interview Mick did say that they had set out a schedule a long time ago so I bet there is one coming up in another couple years.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: June 20, 2015 00:55

Black & Blue with the 12 minute Hey Negrita................(and /or Undercover & GHS

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: June 20, 2015 00:59

BB
or
TY

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: June 20, 2015 01:12

Love You Live ElMacambo version please

Posted by: Blueranger ()
Date: June 20, 2015 02:40

Beggars or Let It Bleed.
Or maybe BBC Sessions.

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: June 20, 2015 02:49

i dont get why they released the outtakes of some girls and exile and packaged it into a deluxe version of these albums when they could have done it tattoo you style and gave these sogns a completely seperate identity as a new album, ok many of the songs were already bootlegged anyway and partly recorded in a different era to when they were eventually finished, but so was tattoo you. does it matter if songs on an album evolved from different recording sessions or is it only really important when the songs were completely.

be good to get any more released outtakes in future as a new album with a new name.

Posted by: nightskyman ()
Date: June 20, 2015 03:32

It'd be nice to have a Beggar's Banquet deluxe album (outtakes and the whole works) release...but that won't happen because it's my favorite Stones album.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 20, 2015 03:36

Tattoo You Too! is the no-brainer that won't happen. Either as a standalone collection of vault songs, or as a double album with the original on one disc and new cuts on the second disc.

Posted by: RockinJive ()
Date: June 20, 2015 03:48

Testify

I feel like pukeing at the thought

Date: June 20, 2015 08:40

RockinJive
Testify

is there nothing I could say, nothing I could do?

Posted by: HearMeKnockin ()
Date: June 20, 2015 09:02

treaclefingers
RockinJive
Testify

is there nothing I could say, nothing I could do?

RockinJive, I'll be your knight in shining armor, riding across the desert... on a fine Arab charger...

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: June 20, 2015 10:01

I'd like Black and Blue

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 20, 2015 18:10

See this thread:

[www.iorr.org]

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: June 20, 2015 20:36

Maybe this will get blended into the other one. The problem I see with turning Beggars Banquet or Let It Bleed into releases is if they pull the 'alternate take' shtick instead of previously unreleased material. I have a version of the Black Box and it already has tons of those. Instrumental versions of Gimme Shelter, nascent takes of Sympathy, etc. Quite frankly their 'alternate takes' back then aren't that terribly interesting. Most of them have Bill & Charlie already having nailed the rhythm section while Mick & Keith futz around. And the final versions are indeed so much better than their early ones.

It would interesting if they had different takes, meaning different tune version, of famous cuts. The Beatles did that with Looking Through You on their Anthology, and had an incredible entirely different Tomorrow Never Knows that stands up to known version.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-20 20:37 by 24FPS.

Posted by: eyesoftheworld ()
Date: June 20, 2015 21:55

I would love Goats Head Soup spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: pricepittsburgh ()
Date: June 21, 2015 00:29

I think it would be a good idea to re-release, as a deluxe edition, a combo pack of Beggars Banquet and Let it Bleed.

Posted by: aftergeography ()
Date: June 21, 2015 01:29

From the way Mick talks, there isn't much left…I know of several outtakes from BB and a couple from GHS so I'd be happy with either of those I guess…I was watching Four Flicks the other day off the heels of the Nashville show and I got to Extreme Western Grip and Well Well Well…Man I wish they'd go in the studio and just jam out tracks like that, lay 'em down live then clean em up…they could bring in like 4 or 5 songs already mapped out and cut them to sound like the jam out songs…Would anyone on here object an album like this? I don't understand why they won't go into a studio right after this tour is complete…it'd take a week tops to record if they wanted to be quick about it...

Date: June 21, 2015 06:05

eyesoftheworld
I would love Goats Head Soup spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

would you like any garlic bread with that? It eats more like a meal.

Posted by: bengigan ()
Date: June 21, 2015 08:08

I think beggars banquet and let it bleed are out of the question for rerelease because of the ABKCO debacle. I'm not an expert on this but if the rights to any of that material aren't with the stones I don't see how they could rerelease it

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: June 21, 2015 08:35

Sucking in the Seventies will be their next deluxe release.

Posted by: SackofBrokenEggs ()
Date: June 21, 2015 08:41

I would like some kind of a Tattoo You remixing/mastering. Turn up the bass, whatever they want to do with it. Not that the bass really needs to be turned up, but that's what they usually do nowadays...
What about a Sucking In The 70's/Tattoo You combo? They could throw Emotional Rescue in there, too. A big combo package from that era would be great.

Posted by: Blueranger ()
Date: June 21, 2015 14:53

bengigan
I think beggars banquet and let it bleed are out of the question for rerelease because of the ABKCO debacle. I'm not an expert on this but if the rights to any of that material aren't with the stones I don't see how they could rerelease it

Not an issue anymore. Several threads on this already. Hassles with ABKCO ended decades ago.

Date: June 21, 2015 16:57

Turner68
Sucking in the Seventies will be their next deluxe release.

Sucking in the Century?

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1800
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home