Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Compilation live album 2012-2015
Posted by: JohnnyBGoode ()
Date: June 19, 2015 06:23

It would be nice to have a live album of the rare songs played. I would love an awesome recording of Six Days On The Road. Anyone think they will release something like this in the next few years?

Re: Compilation live album 2012-2015
Posted by: JohnnyBGoode ()
Date: June 19, 2015 06:24

Also, an awesome recording of Respectable with John Mayer!

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 19, 2015 06:53

While the live shows are excellent, I believe they probably have little material from the last couple of years that would truly hold up as stand alone recordings. Mainly because they have many many better versions of these songs that are already released in some form or another. It would be somewhat diminishing to their legacy.

There are a few exceptions, some exciting stuff with Taylor guesting, etc....just my opinion from what I've heard and I certainly haven't listened to every show from 2012-2015.

peace

Posted by: Blueranger ()
Date: June 19, 2015 09:16

Ronnie mentioned that Mick had a plan of releasing a live-compilation of duets from the last tour. Hopefully, that plan has been scrapped. Hopefully.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: June 19, 2015 12:01

hot smiley A foldout package of DVDs hot smiley

Posted by: yeababyyea ()
Date: June 20, 2015 00:02

Naturalust
While the live shows are excellent, I believe they probably have little material from the last couple of years that would truly hold up as stand alone recordings. Mainly because they have many many better versions of these songs that are already released in some form or another. It would be somewhat diminishing to their legacy.

There are a few exceptions, some exciting stuff with Taylor guesting, etc....just my opinion from what I've heard and I certainly haven't listened to every show from 2012-2015.

peace

True. Releasing a complete concert from 2012-2015 (not club show) would be very stupid. This is since as you say, all the warhorses are already available in better versions. That's why I never bought Sweet Summer Sun.

A selection of songs recorded live '12-'15 could be great however, here's my suggestion:

1. Start Me Up (Abu Dhabi)

2. All Down The Line (Shanghai)

3. She's So Cold (Orlando)

4. No Expectations (Anaheim)

5. Moonlight Mile (Arlington)

6. It's All Over Now (Wercther)

7. Around And Around (Newark)

8. Shine A Light (Chicago)

9. Angie (Stockholm)

9. Can't You Hear Me Knocking (Atlanta)

10. Miss You (Minneapolis)

11. Sympathy For The Devil (Oakland)

12. Satisfaction / with Mick Taylor with guitar solo (San Jose)

I would really enjoy this a cheap single disc live set, ''Memory Hotel'' from Boston without Dave Matthews could be the Japanese bonus track!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-20 00:07 by yeababyyea.

Date: June 20, 2015 00:12

3 problems with that :

"Moonlight Mile" from Arlington was definitely not the best of the tour so far.

"All Down the Line" is better this year than it was last year.

"Can't You Hear Me Knocking" should be from 2013.

None of this would necessarily stop them from doing it,though.

Date: June 20, 2015 00:18

Winning Ugly VXII
3 problems with that :

"All Down the Line" is better this year than it was last year.

"Can't You Hear Me Knocking" should be from 2013.

None of this would necessarily stop them from doing it,though.

You're right about Moonlight Mile, but I will have to respectfully disagree with you on All Down The Line, ADTL is played way too slow now in 2015! O2 #1 2012 was probably the best one when thinking about it, cause it needs a decently fast tempo IMO.

Can't say I dug Taylor's solo on CYHMK in 2013 sadly.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-20 00:19 by yeababyyea.

Date: June 20, 2015 00:28

Hey yeababyyea, when you post videos can you also post the links too by keeping an "s" in https? That way us folks using Chrome will be able to link to them. They just show up as big empty blank spaces with my browser. Thanks.

peace

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: June 20, 2015 00:38

Winning Ugly VXII

Arlington was a very good rendering of the song that used to be Moonlight Mile
It was far better than in Nashville...

Date: June 20, 2015 00:45

Naturalust
Hey yeababyyea, when you post videos can you also post the links too by keeping an "s" in https? That way us folks using Chrome will be able to link to them. They just show up as big empty blank spaces with my browser. Thanks.

peace

Hey, I tried out adding all ''s'' but then all song titles and and videos were gone when I previewed. Really weird. I'm using a really old version of Opera right now, which allows me to see the videos, but I have the same problem as you when using Explorer.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-20 00:57 by yeababyyea.

Date: June 20, 2015 00:53

yeababyyea
Naturalust

peace

Hey, I tried out removing all ''s'' but then all song titles and and videos were gone when I previewed. Really weird. I'm using a really old version of Opera right now, which allows me to see the videos, but I have the same problem as you when using Explorer.

You have got to keep the "s" in there to get the links to appear for everybody. In the past removing it was the only way to get the video to embed in the post. I guess it still works for some browsers but not for Chrome. I hope bv gets that sorted out eventually.

peace

Date: June 20, 2015 00:57

Naturalust
yeababyyea
Naturalust

peace

Hey, I tried out removing all ''s'' but then all song titles and and videos were gone when I previewed. Really weird. I'm using a really old version of Opera right now, which allows me to see the videos, but I have the same problem as you when using Explorer.

You have got to keep the "s" in there to get the links to appear for everybody. In the past removing it was the only way to get the video to embed in the post. I guess it still works for some browsers but not for Chrome. I hope bv gets that sorted out eventually.

peace

Sorry, I meant to say that I added the ''s''. If I keep the ''s'' I can't even see the videos or the song titles over them in any browser.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-20 01:01 by yeababyyea.

Date: June 20, 2015 01:05

yeababyyea
Naturalust
yeababyyea
Naturalust

peace

peace

Sorry, I meant to say that I added the ''s''. If I keep the ''s'' I can't even see the videos or the song titles over them in any browser.

Best bet is to post both. One with "s", one without. The links (not the embedded videos) will then show up for us unworthy Chrome users. Thanks.

peace

Date: June 20, 2015 01:09

Naturalust
Best bet is to post both. One with "s", one without. The links (not the embedded videos) will then show up for us unworthy Chrome users. Thanks.

peace

Problem is that when I included both everything just disappeared including some of my text. confused smiley. So then no one will see anything regardless of browser. Thanks.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: June 20, 2015 01:48

Blueranger
Ronnie mentioned that Mick had a plan of releasing a live-compilation of duets from the last tour. Hopefully, that plan has been scrapped. Hopefully.

Just for fun, I've made a list with the special guests covering all the concerts from 2012 so far, with video links on the venue dates (many thanks to all the YouTube uploaders), moved to this thread.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-20 02:07 by Cristiano Radtke.

Date: June 20, 2015 01:53

Damn Cristiano that is down right impressive, probably deserves it's own thread instead of getting lost in this one. Nice work.

peace

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: June 20, 2015 01:58

Naturalust
Damn Cristiano that is down right impressive, probably deserves it's own thread instead of getting lost in this one. Nice work.

peace

Thanks, and I think you're right. Considering that we will see more guests on this tour, it would be nice to add the upcoming videos on another thread. smileys with beer

Date: June 20, 2015 02:53

Munichhilton
Winning Ugly VXII

Very good if you don't mind botched lyrics right out of the gate. Otherwise,yes,it was solid besides the botched lyrics.

I also agree that it was better than in Nashville because they didn't play it in Nashville as far as I am aware!!

A "Moonlight Mile" with problems is still better than (at least) half of the rest of the set.

Date: June 20, 2015 04:22

Winning Ugly VXII
Munichhilton
Winning Ugly VXII

Very good if you don't mind botched lyrics right out of the gate. Otherwise,yes,it was solid besides the botched lyrics.

I also agree that it was better than in Nashville because they didn't play it in Nashville as far as I am aware!!

A "Moonlight Mile" with problems is still better than (at least) half of the rest of the set.

It has been a true highlight EVERY time they've played it this tour. I think munich's being a bit harsh calling it the song that used to be Moonlight Mile. These versions are probably the best they have every played it live, and as always with the Stones, it's very rarely going to rival the great studio versions. I've been quite happy with the results although I have 3 suggestion to make it perfect:

1. Slow it down! The original tempo is what gives the song it's dreamy quality and allows Mick to drag out his phrasing and sing the song so beautifully. Check out the original vs the live versions and you will instantly see what I mean.

2. I wish Mick would play an acoustic like the record. Put a compressor on it if necessary but the acoustic tone adds a lot. They could pull it off with today's technology, no problem.

3. Make Bernard do the doubled vocal on the chorus just like Mick does on the record, or turn him up if he already is. It gives magic and power to the chorus and certainly would have saved the first chorus in Dallas where Mick forgot the words and dropped out for a bit. Hell I'd probably be ok with Lisa doing the doubled vocal if she could control herself and not over do it. grinning smiley

peace

Date: June 20, 2015 05:54

Naturalust

peace

I found another solution to this.

Opera Browser 12.16 !!!!

That's the older version from three or four years ago. The one that still used the "Presto" rendering engine.

Versions of Opera AFTER 12.15 / 12.16 / 12.17 ended up becoming just slightly modified versions of Google Chrome with its "Blink" or "WebKit2" rendering engine. The "Presto" engine of version 12.16 seems to work best for IORR. You just obviously would need to install the Flash plug-in for Flash content.

FireFox 38.0 = Blank Space

Google Chrome based Browsers = Blank Space

Internet Explorer / Green Browser = have not tested yet

Opera 12.16 = videos visible in the posts

Date: June 20, 2015 07:14

Here's an attempt at a link to a screenshot of this thread in Opera 12.16 ........... * [postimg.org] *

+

+

I hope the link works. I usually don't post photos. I'm not sure about the TinyPic or PostImg web-sites.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-20 07:25 by Winning Ugly VXII.

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: June 20, 2015 10:41

In chrome to display the video, click in the address bar to the right on the shield "allow unsafe load script

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1815
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home