Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Please list me some stones country songs
Posted by: nightskyman ()
Date: June 18, 2015 18:59

DandelionPowderman
High And Dry
Dear Doctor
No Expectations
Factory Girl
Country Honk
Let It Bleed
Wild Horses (sort of)
Torn And Frayed
Till The Next Goodbye
Through The Lonely Nights
No Spare Parts
We Had It All (cover)
You Win Again (cover)
Indian Girl (sort of)
Blinded By Love
The Worst
Always Suffering

A great list for a 'Stones country songs' compilation album (or maybe 'country songs and acoustic ballads') thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-18 19:01 by nightskyman.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: June 18, 2015 21:04

if not already listed ... don't forget Mick solo: Party Doll ... a great one!

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: June 18, 2015 23:40

Thanks for the songs.

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: June 18, 2015 23:43

No one mentioned New Faces?

Date: June 18, 2015 23:52

franzk

More baroque than country.

Posted by: Ross ()
Date: June 18, 2015 23:56

LeonidP

As is "Evening Gown"

Date: June 19, 2015 00:11

Waiting on a friend.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 19, 2015 01:45

DandelionPowderman
franzk

More baroque than country.

yeah, I never figured that one for a country song.

Date: June 19, 2015 02:01

odean73
Waiting on a friend.

More calypso/caribbean?

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 19, 2015 02:39

Lots of folks here calling folk, country blues, and acoustic blues, rock and pop country. Country has certainly grown in it's scope these days and lots of Stones songs had elements of country and folk in them but there are actually precious few I would actually call pure "country songs", when other genre/style descriptions might fit them just as well. Just because an acoustic guitar, a country lick , harmony or a slight twang to Micks voice is present doesn't make them country, imo.

Here are the only ones I could come up that fit the true country description best (all very subjective of course):

Sweet Virginia
Country Honk
Let It Bleed
Dead Flowers
No Spare Parts
Far Away Eyes
Blinded By Love
The Worst

peace

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-19 02:57 by Naturalust.

Date: June 19, 2015 08:48

Naturalust
Lots of folks here calling folk, country blues, and acoustic blues, rock and pop country. Country has certainly grown in it's scope these days and lots of Stones songs had elements of country and folk in them but there are actually precious few I would actually call pure "country songs", when other genre/style descriptions might fit them just as well. Just because an acoustic guitar, a country lick , harmony or a slight twang to Micks voice is present doesn't make them country, imo.

Here are the only ones I could come up that fit the true country description best (all very subjective of course):

Sweet Virginia
Country Honk
Let It Bleed
Dead Flowers
No Spare Parts
Far Away Eyes
Blinded By Love
The Worst

peace

I have to agree with what you said.

Date: June 19, 2015 09:44

Memory Motel?

Date: June 19, 2015 09:48

Naturalust

Sweet Virginia
Country Honk
Let It Bleed
Dead Flowers
No Spare Parts
Far Away Eyes
Blinded By Love
The Worst

peace

Do You Think I Really Care and Torn And Frayed surely must be on your list, too.

Blinded By Love has tex mex-elements in it, and The Worst has an irish folk-feel. Sweet Virginia has folk elements.

Let's not forget that country music is heavily based on the latter music form.

It's never black and white, and certainly not with the Stones's music, as they are masters of mixing musical styles.

And why isn't Long Long While country?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-19 09:49 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: June 19, 2015 13:41

when youre sitting back in your rose pink cadillac making bets on kentucky derby day ill be in my basement room with a needle and a spoon and another girl to take my pain away take me down little suzie take me down i know youre the queen of the underground you can send me dead flowers every morning you can send me dead flowers in the mail you can send me dead flowers to my wedding and i wont forget to put roses on your grave (play some lead guitar mr Taylor)

Date: June 19, 2015 14:44

odean73
Naturalust

Sweet Virginia
Country Honk
Let It Bleed
Dead Flowers
No Spare Parts
Far Away Eyes
Blinded By Love
The Worst

peace

Can you elaborate on why you don't consider Torn And Frayed and Do You Think I Really Care country songs?

It just doesn't add up for me...

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 19, 2015 15:43

DandelionPowderman
odean73
Waiting on a friend.

More calypso/caribbean?

I've never understood why people say that. There's ZERO about it that is West Indian in any nature.

Date: June 19, 2015 15:44

GasLightStreet
DandelionPowderman
odean73
Waiting on a friend.

More calypso/caribbean?

I've never understood why people say that. There's ZERO about it that is West Indian in any nature.

The beat + the notes the sax play. And not least the total feel of the track.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: June 19, 2015 16:46

Ross
LeonidP

As is "Evening Gown"

True, but he did have Evening Gown in his original list. Still I love that one too, I just think Party Doll tops it.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 19, 2015 17:12

DandelionPowderman
odean73
Naturalust

Sweet Virginia
Country Honk
Let It Bleed
Dead Flowers
No Spare Parts
Far Away Eyes
Blinded By Love
The Worst

peace

Can you elaborate on why you don't consider Torn And Frayed and Do You Think I Really Care country songs?

It just doesn't add up for me...

Torn and Frayed is a rock song with a country feel to me. When the drums and band come it it just becomes more rock than country, imo. Although the steel guitar on that is absolutely wonderful. I think rock music fans would universally love Torn and Frayed (I do) but country fans (like my Dad) would think it was too bastardized to be considered true country

Do You Think I Really Care is a bit tougher. I should probably include this one too. But take away Ronnie's pedal steel and it becomes something not quite country, not quite rock, not quite punkish, kind of a mish mash of all of that. But ok, with the dominating pedal steel it is more country than anything else.

peace

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Previous page Next page First page IORR home