Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Un-rock and roll things you currently love
Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: June 18, 2015 01:57

shadooby
As far as music goes...I know it's cliche' but it still is, and always has been (only) rock and roll. It's simply a matter of what form (jazz, blues, r&b, soul, folk, country...etc). As long as it rolls, it rocks with me.
\
True, I used the term loosely...anything with heart and soul is 'rock and roll' to me...

Posted by: geordiestone ()
Date: June 18, 2015 02:45

BeforeTheyMakeMeRun
Oh, you're trying to find out our guilty pleasures (music-wise!)!!! winking smiley

I'd say Adam Ant in general, except he had that whole 1970s period with stuff like 'Physical (You're So)' and 'Kings Of The Wild Frontier', but then there's is 'commercial' period...Feel free to refer to 'Strip' and 'Room At The Top,' but thank God he's going back to his punk/rock roots with 'Shrink'!

EDIT: Add Charlie Watts's solo material to my Too-Long-To-Post list!
Adam Ant always. I have everything the great man has ever done!

Posted by: 2120Wolf ()
Date: June 18, 2015 03:41

There is nothing UnRock N' Roll about my life...
Even taking a piss has everything to do with Rock N' Roll !!!
Eating, Working, Telling Someone to F Off, its all R & R !!!

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: June 18, 2015 03:44

stupidguy2
Munichhilton
Judy Garland kicks ass...I'll thumb fight anybody that says otherwise

Clang, clang, clang went the trolley...

I'll back you up on that..she was a force, like a rare occurrence in human history. That voice is clear as water, and just as dark and full of emotion.

[www.youtube.com]

And this:

[www.youtube.com]

Nice!
also try 'Mean To Me"

Judy was the best.
Beautiful too...

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: June 18, 2015 06:42

Munichhilton
stupidguy2
Munichhilton
Judy Garland kicks ass...I'll thumb fight anybody that says otherwise

Clang, clang, clang went the trolley...

I'll back you up on that..she was a force, like a rare occurrence in human history. That voice is clear as water, and just as dark and full of emotion.

[www.youtube.com]

And this:

[www.youtube.com]

Nice!
also try 'Mean To Me"

Judy was the best.
Beautiful too...

There's a version of Zing Went the Strings.. that kicks ass that I used to have and cannot find it anywhere.. It isn't the Carnegie version.
Have you seen A Child is Waiting? Cassevetes first film and Judys last. You can see the real- life sadness and inner turmoil in her performance .. It's not a typical romantic melodrama or comedy, but a love story of a different kind where she plays a lonely woman trying to start over and bonds with a young special needs kid. It breaks my heart every single time. If you love Judy, you must see this.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-18 06:45 by stupidguy2.

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: June 18, 2015 07:41

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-26 09:05 by swiss.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: June 18, 2015 10:23

Three words: Chinatown foot massage.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: June 18, 2015 12:47

stupidguy2
relms
Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens, Bright copper kettles and warm woollen mittens, Brown paper packages tied up with strings, Cream colored ponies and crisp apple strudels, Doorbells and sleigh bells and schnitzel with noodles, Wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings, Girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes, Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes, Silver white winters that melt into springs. These are a few of my favorite un rock and roll things

You had to look up the lyrics first, right?
And that's actually an awesome song!

version by Me First & the Gimme Gimmies (définitely R'n'R!!):

(P.S.: if the video doesn't show itself as a clickable image here beneath, click on the band name in the text line here above...)

Posted by: ash ()
Date: June 18, 2015 15:39

Billie Holiday - Lady In Satin
The Beach Boys - Smile....god only knows what kind of music it is but it sure ain't rock and roll. Absolute masterpiece.

Posted by: relms ()
Date: June 18, 2015 17:49

RoughJusticeOnYa
stupidguy2
relms
Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens, Bright copper kettles and warm woollen mittens, Brown paper packages tied up with strings, Cream colored ponies and crisp apple strudels, Doorbells and sleigh bells and schnitzel with noodles, Wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings, Girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes, Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes, Silver white winters that melt into springs. These are a few of my favorite un rock and roll things

(P.S.: if the video doesn't show itself as a clickable image here beneath, click on the band name in the text line here above...)

Cool, thanks for posting

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: June 19, 2015 22:51

relms
RoughJusticeOnYa
stupidguy2
relms

Cool, thanks for posting

thumbs up You're welcome!

Furthermore, on topic:

cooking. (Please don't believe the hype: there's no such thing as a "R'n'R chef". Only on tv.)

And: Paradise By The Dashboard Lights. Yup; I'm a sorry sod. smoking smiley Not afraid to admit it; an loving every minute.

Posted by: HearMeKnockin ()
Date: June 20, 2015 00:12

This is the un-rock and roll thing I currently love.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 20, 2015 00:49

Nice post swiss! Sorry about the living situation in the city. The whole Peninsula and coast is really becoming outrageous too. Now that they opened that tunnel up on Highway 1, even the sleepy little farming community of Half Moon Bay is an overpriced bedroom community for the wealthy techies. Hope you find what you are looking for in the City girl, Good luck.

I too love San Francisco. So many different communities, awesome food, incredible culture and entertainment and the gorgeous ocean, and redwood forests so close by. One of the best things about it is the people...non-judgmental, forward thinking, free spirited lot that they are. I imagine the wealth will totally take over the mission district eventually and the relatively downtrodden neighborhoods there will be assimilated.

peace

Posted by: Olly ()
Date: June 20, 2015 01:08

The song 'Shame' by Young Fathers.

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: June 20, 2015 01:37

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-26 09:04 by swiss.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1927
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home