Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: Mick Jagger on new Don Henley Country Record
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 21, 2015 00:38

I want to see Mick Jagger on a Rolling Stones Album with Keith Charlie and Ronnie

Yes!!!... now that would be nice

ROCKMAN

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: July 21, 2015 01:07

Brstonesfan
No interest at all in this .....Henley is awful as are "The Eagles".

thumbs up
"The Eagles are a plastic dry fock" quote by Gram Parsons.

Still I like to hear Mick sing this, just as I like singing him "I was a hooker losing my looks" during YOU GOT ME ROCKING.

Thank you.

Date: July 21, 2015 01:09

Rockman
I want to see Mick Jagger on a Rolling Stones Album with Keith Charlie and Ronnie

Yes!!!... now that would be nice

Wow!!! What an idea. +1.

Mick on new Don Henley record
Posted by: longlongwinter ()
Date: August 12, 2015 16:06

Has anyone heard the song Mick is on? In the track listing there is a song called Too Far Gone….wonder if Don actually choose to borrow this from Mick?

Re: Mick on new Don Henley record
Posted by: Koen ()
Date: August 12, 2015 16:10

See also here: [www.iorr.org] smoking smiley

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: August 12, 2015 18:14

Mick can do what he wants to do. And I can buy what I want to buy. And I never ever in my life will buy a Don-Henley-record. And don´t give it to me as a present, I would only burn it.

Date: August 12, 2015 23:49

HMS
Mick can do what he wants to do. And I can buy what I want to buy. And I never ever in my life will buy a Don-Henley-record. And don´t give it to me as a present, I would only burn it.

>grinning smiley<

..., but will you listen to the song on which MICK JAGGER sings on this non-album?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 13, 2015 00:10

YEAH ... good ole HMS will sneak a listen ....

ROCKMAN

Date: August 13, 2015 00:21

Me too, only the one song ofcourse (what was the title again/is it out yet?).
Remember Don Henley is part of a dry Fock band (quoting Gram Parsons).

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: August 13, 2015 01:54

longlongwinter
Has anyone heard the song Mick is on? In the track listing there is a song called Too Far Gone….wonder if Don actually choose to borrow this from Mick?

Been wondering about that too, probably the song I prefer on Goddess, at last someone showing some respect for that album?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: August 13, 2015 18:58

Don Henley's an angry poopy head.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: August 13, 2015 19:02

What is release date?

Also, while not as good as "Nothing But The Wheel", Mick also sang on Peter Wolf's "Pretty Lady".

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: September 18, 2015 18:25

First listen: Bramble Rose, Mick's duet with Don Henley:

[www.npr.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-09-18 18:40 by Cristiano Radtke.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: September 18, 2015 18:28

gotdablouse
longlongwinter

Been wondering about that too, probably the song I prefer on Goddess, at last someone showing some respect for that album?

TFG is the only decent song on Goddess.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 18, 2015 18:53

Bramble Rose
Not as bad as I anticipated, but still a bit generic and not very memorable.
Micks vocals sound forced...a but whiney. He comes in at 2:46 after short harmonica solo (by Mick?).

Ironically when I clicked to play tune, an advert for Keith's new album came up! smiling smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-09-18 18:56 by Hairball.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: September 18, 2015 18:58

Can't say I think much of the song, which plods along until suddenly Mick's harmonica and then his voice light up the track for a while. Lovely performance on a rather dull song.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: September 18, 2015 20:24

Hairball
Bramble Rose
Micks vocals sound forced...a but whiney. He comes in at 2:46 after short harmonica solo (by Mick?).

Ironically when I clicked to play tune, an advert for Keith's new album came up! smiling smiley

this has got to be one of the most retarded comments i've ever seen on this website,and thats saying alot.

"micks vocals sound a bit forced and whiney"? anyone who knows anything about country music would know mick is nailing that heartsick drawl perfectly.

he gets alot of credit from country fans for his vocals,jagger is probably the most respected rock musician that does country actually,which is why you hear the stones do those tunes in nashville or austin or wherever.
if you go to those places and do shitty country you'll get laughed at and the stones pull it off perfectly.

"not as bad as you anticipated"? that statement alone shows you have know idea what you're talking about- jagger cant do country? miranda lambert isnt any good? henley cant sing country? whiney and forced,good god man get a fckin clue.

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: September 18, 2015 20:26

Don Henley is a hack.

Posted by: LongBeachArena72 ()
Date: September 18, 2015 20:49

I think it's a lovely tune, beautifully sung, but I would imagine the Hounds of Hell are shortly to be unleashed on Mick hereabouts.

Posted by: chop ()
Date: September 18, 2015 21:17

Don Henley...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: September 18, 2015 21:21

Mick´s voice IS thin and whiny. You hardly notice it in concert when he does rocking warhorses, but his fading voice is one of the reasons why he does rarely a ballad onstage nowadays.

The whining started long ago, listen to "Blind Leading The Blind". I was shocked about the shape his voice was in as I first heard the song. He doesnt drink, he doesnt smoke and he gets older. So his voice lost depth and grow whiny.

Back to the song: Don Henley is as boring as ever.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: September 18, 2015 21:51

lem motlow
Hairball
Bramble Rose

this has got to be one of the most retarded comments i've ever seen on this website,and thats saying alot.

"micks vocals sound a bit forced and whiney"? anyone who knows anything about country music would know mick is nailing that heartsick drawl perfectly.

he gets alot of credit from country fans for his vocals,jagger is probably the most respected rock musician that does country actually,which is why you hear the stones do those tunes in nashville or austin or wherever.
if you go to those places and do shitty country you'll get laughed at and the stones pull it off perfectly.

"not as bad as you anticipated"? that statement alone shows you have know idea what you're talking about- jagger cant do country? miranda lambert isnt any good? henley cant sing country? whiney and forced,good god man get a fckin clue.

Ease up Lem, it's only one man's opinion. I agree Mick does a pretty good job with it, you get the feeling he is about as serious with this one as he ever has been with country, less tongue and cheek and more actual Mick trying his best to serve the song.

I do believe Mick's vocal could have been EQ'ed a bit better, his voice is thinner sounding than Mr. Henley's and that's probably what Hairball is hearing. Knowing Henley it was not unintentional to make Jagger sound a bit less than he could have. Ha!

I really liked the song and the performance, nice work overall. They captured the classic old school country ballad feel very well, but I'm fairly certain they could have improved Mick's vocal sound in the mix somewhat.

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: September 18, 2015 23:42

Mick's vocal sound on this one is not unlike his sound on Following The River or the Superheavy tracks - a bit too nasal and thin, even "one-dimensional" for my liking. All in all, the tune is not bad, but nothing earthshaking either.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 19, 2015 00:00

lem motlow
Hairball
Bramble Rose

Hahaha you must be a real jackass.

The 'anticipation' was based on a new Henley solo tune, not necessarily Mick's contribution.
And nobody said Mick can't do country, but again the vocals on this tune are whiney,nasally, and forced.
Sweet Virginia is a million times better.
Dead Flowers is 5 millions times better.
Even the lighthearted Faraway Eyes is more authentic and heartfelt sounding than this.

Get a life, get a grip, lighten up, and listen to some George Jones,Merle Haggard, Willie Nelson, Waylon Jennings, Johnny Cash, and some real country music.
Why settle for this mess? You're inability to have an adult conversation regarding this tune shows your immaturity and narrow-mindedness.

Now excuse me while I listen to the brilliant new Keith album.

Naturalust
Ease up Lem, it's only one man's opinion.

Thanks Naturalust thumbs up , but reading through more posts it seems I'm not the only one with that opinion.
Thin, whiney, nasally...perhaps everyone who hears it this way is 'retarded'? lol

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-09-19 00:07 by Hairball.

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: September 19, 2015 00:43

nice... thanks for the link.

Posted by: howlingmad ()
Date: September 19, 2015 08:14

It sounds like Henley had been listening to a lot of "Hickory Wind", which may or may not be ironic given that above quote from Gram.

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: September 19, 2015 21:05

What on earth is Mick doing
He has the best song writing partner the world has ever witnessed, and he cant get over himself enough to get in the studio with him
Its very sad i think
Its like Keith has just said with his new album HEY LOOK MICK i can still do it
Please lets make another album

Date: September 19, 2015 21:59

Hairball
lem motlow
Hairball
Bramble Rose

Hahaha you must be a real jackass.

The 'anticipation' was based on a new Henley solo tune, not necessarily Mick's contribution.
And nobody said Mick can't do country, but again the vocals on this tune are whiney,nasally, and forced.
Sweet Virginia is a million times better.
Dead Flowers is 5 millions times better.
Even the lighthearted Faraway Eyes is more authentic and heartfelt sounding than this.

Get a life, get a grip, lighten up, and listen to some George Jones,Merle Haggard, Willie Nelson, Waylon Jennings, Johnny Cash, and some real country music.
Why settle for this mess? You're inability to have an adult conversation regarding this tune shows your immaturity and narrow-mindedness.

Now excuse me while I listen to the brilliant new Keith album.

Naturalust
Ease up Lem, it's only one man's opinion.

Thanks Naturalust thumbs up , but reading through more posts it seems I'm not the only one with that opinion.
Thin, whiney, nasally...perhaps everyone who hears it this way is 'retarded'? lol

Totally agree with you Hairball. It does sound thin whiney nasally and completely pointless

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: September 19, 2015 22:56

...dude your bias against Jagger is what's pointless, and whiney.

Date: September 19, 2015 23:14

Rip This
...dude your bias against Jagger is what's pointless, and whiney.

Its the truth
His voice sounds horrible on this, have i got to lie to please you

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-09-19 23:16 by keefriffhards.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1924
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home