Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1819202122232425262728Next
Current Page: 27 of 28
Re: Dallas TX USA 6-June-2015 Rolling Stones live show updates
Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: June 9, 2015 05:01

I wasn't in Dallas, but I was in San Diego. It may have been my location, floor, row 23, Ronnie's side, but the sound was terrible. I also had the tallest people in front of me, so I couldn't see much either. The playing wasn't tight. One of the worst Stones concerts FOR ME and I've seen them over 40 times. I still enjoyed the concert, don't get me wrong, but I've been to many better. I am hopeful for a better experience in Milwaukee. Location, location, location. It makes a difference.

Posted by: SharksWillCry ()
Date: June 9, 2015 05:10

I agree with that. My only complaint is with the sound at my location (and the view). It looks like it was a fantastic show, and I was in the building, but not really present.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: June 9, 2015 05:41

JadedFaded
I wasn't in Dallas, but I was in San Diego. It may have been my location, floor, row 23, Ronnie's side, but the sound was terrible. I also had the tallest people in front of me, so I couldn't see much either. The playing wasn't tight. One of the worst Stones concerts FOR ME and I've seen them over 40 times. I still enjoyed the concert, don't get me wrong, but I've been to many better. I am hopeful for a better experience in Milwaukee. Location, location, location. It makes a difference.

Take a look at the Milwaukee link.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 9, 2015 05:48

JadedFaded
The playing wasn't tight.

Never actually seen a Stones show where the playing was "tight". Tight is for the Eagles and Steely Dan. As long as it stays on the tracks the train ride can be even more thrilling when bouncing from rail to rail. smoking smiley

peace

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: June 9, 2015 05:50

Naturalust
JadedFaded

Never actually seen a Stones show where the playing was "tight". Tight is for the Eagles and Steely Dan. As long as it stays on the tracks the train ride can be even more thrilling when bouncing from rail to rail. smoking smiley

peace

I agree, it just felt to me like they hadn't rehearsed enough.

Posted by: longhorn14 ()
Date: June 9, 2015 06:14

JadedFaded
Naturalust
JadedFaded

peace

I agree, it just felt to me like they hadn't rehearsed enough.

Exactly right for San Diego, could tell it was opening night. In Dallas, the playing was tight. I guess I define it differently, but by "tight" I mean everything gelled together. San Diego was a pantry of raw ingredients. Dallas was a well-baked Stones recipe. And, yeah, a well orchestrated stunt, all over the road but headed the same direction and arriving safely. That's how I like it and that's what I saw in Dallas. I bet the rest of the tour will be incredible if it can keep trending in the same direction.

Posted by: 751st ()
Date: June 9, 2015 06:34

I'd like to attend one more here yet it would be a tight fisted affair. A decent seat at the 200 buck level and a bus ride on a coach bus in either KC or North Carolina. But I'm gonna want what I got here.Hoping someone could work the seat for me within the next week to 10 days.

Posted by: longhorn14 ()
Date: June 9, 2015 06:43

I hear you on that, 751st. I have tickets for Nashville, but am trying to sell them. I already went to San Diego and Dallas and spent a fortune (for me). I'd like to do Nashville, but then again maybe I save my nickles for a potential South America show later. Or, maybe I should just be reckless and irresponsible and do both! Carpe Diem. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Ram ()
Date: June 9, 2015 07:06

Is there a boot recording of the Dallas concert like there was Columbus?

Posted by: 751st ()
Date: June 9, 2015 07:55

I'd like to hear and see boots audio and visual on the Dallas show. Hopefully some decent ones will surface soon. As for S America Longhorn, I just can't afford to live that vicariously. Be super super nice to get a new blues and rock based lp out of our boys and another 15 or 16 gigs say by next fall but would definitely have to travel. I'm gonna look real hard into KC. Can you imagine how life will be once their done? I just can't imagine how that's going be.

Posted by: Blue Boy ()
Date: June 9, 2015 08:07

I drove from Houston and battled the horrible traffic that seems to permeate Dallas nowedays just to see the Stones with my 12 year old son and my wife. (Hwy 45 was closed coming into Dallas).

Make no mistake folks. This was a show for the ages. I have been following the Stones since the late 60s and early 70s, and have seen numerous shows. This one was simply awesome! And that is an understatement.

I saw the same as BV, Longhorn, Keef, and others who are praising this show. Their reviews are right on.

My section was dancing the night away. There was a certain spirit and feeling in the air that I have never felt before at a Stones concert. If you bought $40 tickets you got what you paid for in terms of the poor quality of the sound and distance to the stage. I scored 3 tickets in section C236. Everyone was dancing and stood for he whole concert. Those who sat down were overweight and, quite frankly, old. An old guy asked me to sit down and stop dancing. I simply told him that if I sat down I was going to have to ask the person in front of me to sit down and she would have to do same to the person in front of her and so forth until we had to ask the Stones to sit down. The sound was loud, metallic, and crispy digital.

At the stadium there were people in wheel chairs and oxygen tanks and kids under 10 years old.

My son was wearing my 1981 shirt and people stopped him to talk about the shirt and took pictures of it. A row down there was a woman who looked pretty frail and old wearing a shirt from the 1978 tour. Folks, there was a little of everything.

It was a celebration of the Stones making us dance and rocking for 53 years! All the songs were perfect. I particularly liked Bitch, Rocks Off was out of this workd, Moonlight Mile was a tear jerker as it made me remember younger and fresher years. A song I dreamed of seeing them do live as a youngster and which I believed would be a dream forever. GS was unforgettable. My son won´t stop singing You Can´t Always Get What You Want or Brown Sugar. My wife is still dancing to Satisfaction. Midnight Rambler was......well perfect. The ancient art and craft of guitar weaving was made perfect by Keith and Ron in Dallas.

Let´s Spend the Night Together send me to a younger more innocent place were we thought we would get a little satisfation by promising to satisfy her every need. But then again perhaps it only meant that we would spend some time together. And yes we did. We spend over two hours together rockin and rollin.

Most importantly it was Satisfaction´s birthday. It turned 50 years old to the date. Mick´s celebration of his Texas exes was right on the money. There was a feeling that the Stones truly like Texas. Keith´s remembering his buddy and long-time saxophonist Bobby Keys was moving.

June 6, the Triple Crown was won, Barcelona won the Treble, 71 years of D-Day the historic battle in a war that gave the Stones the right to have the freedom and attitude to create the most engaging and thrilling rock and roll ever. Seeing Charlie Watts bang on those drums at 74 years old and at the same time thinking that he has survived my father by a few years is difficult to describe. Mick running faster than Messi and jumping like Jack Flash is mesmerizing.

Folks, this was a perfect show. And as Longhorn said if you weren´t there I don´t want to hear your whining. It was perfect.

Rock ´N Roll!

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: June 9, 2015 09:04

Green Lady
Icetraders
GIMME sHELTER - video: [youtu.be]

Can anyone be so kind to tell/explain how to properly upload youtube video???? Thank You in advance........

Not sure how you do it from a mobile device as the url's are different - ask to watch the video, and if your device offers you the choice between "YouTube" and "browser" then choose the browser option, copy the url and remove the s from the https bit of the address, so:

If you "quote" this message you'll see that the url on the "browser" version is in a different format though the essential identifying data is the same.

If you've got a device that takes you straight to YouTube without the option, then just keep doing what you're doing: very few people actually mind having to go and watch on YouTube and some prefer it that way because embedded videos make the thread take longer to load.

Keith should try something new on Shelter but Ronnie sounded good. Keith sounds great on Rocks off, Mick should try something else on the bridge.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: June 9, 2015 09:35

relms
Redhotcarpet
Why do you ( some iorrians here) feel the need to personally insult posters who are critical? What are you, 12?
Classic internetism where one chastises others for making personal insults while one makes personal insults about others.

I did not direct that against anybody special unlike some (not pointing out anyone) iorrians who belittle individual posters.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: June 9, 2015 10:09

lem motlow
if people around you are sitting just chill-you're probably white and probably not young,your "dancing" isnt really important to the process.

I don't really understand this. Maybe my being able to dance is important to ME? I'm the one who is paying a lot of money to be at a rock and roll show, which to me is synonymous with NOT sitting down. And you're saying that only people who are probably white and not young want to be able to dance, or at least stand up? Sorry, I genuinely don't get this one, though I've agreed with pretty much everything else you've had to say about this show.

(Not that I was AT this show, to be clear, and no, I'm not bitter, not me, perish the thought, etc. I just meant everything else you posted about it made sense to me.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-09 10:17 by Aquamarine.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: June 9, 2015 10:36

Shame on you LemMotlow! Do you feel Mick Jagger as well as any fan over 30 should desist from any dancing around?

As for the remark about "colored" people dancing...words fail me.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: June 9, 2015 10:53

Aquamarine
lem motlow
if people around you are sitting just chill-you're probably white and probably not young,your "dancing" isnt really important to the process.

I don't really understand this. Maybe my being able to dance is important to ME? I'm the one who is paying a lot of money to be at a rock and roll show, which to me is synonymous with NOT sitting down. And you're saying that only people who are probably white and not young want to be able to dance, or at least stand up? Sorry, I genuinely don't get this one, though I've agreed with pretty much everything else you've had to say about this show.

(Not that I was AT this show, to be clear, and no, I'm not bitter, not me, perish the thought, etc. I just meant everything else you posted about it made sense to me.)

i was joking-i think its funny when some of the fans get so carried away with that kind of thing.

i've learned alot on this thread though.did you know that some of the iorr's have home audio systems that are better than the stones p.a. and that cell phone video has a better, more honest view of what's happening than standing in front of the stage? who knew...
i'm gonna go watch youtube right now and then spend hours discussing the note ronnie missed in the second verse of the 4th song,that will be a BLAST...

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: June 9, 2015 11:00

stonesrule
Shame on you LemMotlow! Do you feel Mick Jagger as well as any fan over 30 should desist from any dancing around?

As for the remark about "colored" people dancing...words fail me.

LOL!!

what is this 1952? your eyes must have also failed you,i never said anything of the sort..

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: June 9, 2015 11:03

lem motlow
Aquamarine
lem motlow

i was joking-i think its funny when some of the fans get so carried away with that kind of thing.

Another case of tone not being clear via cyberspace, then! (It still IS important to me, though. I'll go insane if I have to sit down through what is now my only show.)

Date: June 9, 2015 11:52

I think it's weird to see the seats on a concert stadium field! I'll never get used to it. Why is it like that in the states anyway?

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: June 9, 2015 12:18

I've been told that this rule entered into force after the Who concert disaster in Cleveland 1979. Can anybody confirm that?

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 9, 2015 12:27

That Who concert's been mentioned before but apparently it wasn't the reason.

Europe has that too in some cases, in fact McCartney did that at the "Stade de France" in 2004 and is doing it again on Thursday. It's a good idea on paper to be up close without having to queue up and stand for hours (did that for Macca in Marseille on Friday) but I doubt people will be sitting either so if you're old or short or a small kid that sucks. In that case the best bet is going to be in the stands even if that means you'll be further away and on the side.

@Blue Boy - great write-up !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: June 9, 2015 12:31

gotdablouse
...but I doubt people will be sitting either so if you're old or short or a small kid that sucks.

You have a way with words, man tongue sticking out smiley I agree, Blue Boys review is well put.

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: June 9, 2015 12:48

I saw them last year, BEST year ever. I love the band, while they're here, it reminds me that I'm here. In row 1, I still got up!

Posted by: GS1978 ()
Date: June 9, 2015 15:25

I agree with BV, Blue Boy and others.

This was a terrific show. One of the best I’ve seen. They were on fire. Great energy and camaraderie.

Many great moments throughout the show –

- Explosive open with video montage and Jumpin’ Jack Flash
- Mick and Keith sharing a mike for part of Let’s Spend the Night Together).
[www.youtube.com]

- Moonlight Mile was magnificent and one of the most moving moments I’ve experienced at a show. They have to play this every night.
- Fans dancing in the aisles (some with the security guards)
- Gimme Shelter – Lisa nailed it
- Thousands of excited young fans having a great time and raving about the concert after the show.
- Ron Wood was terrific and seemed to be in that great space that musicians sometimes find – that balance when it appears you’re locked in and focused when you’re not even conscious of what you’re doing and just playing beautiful guitar licks.

My son (20) and his cousin (22) told me it was amazing, the best concert they’ve seen and that they will remember the show forever. (and my son told me that before he caught Charlie’s drumstick which made it even better). Met many others of all ages after the show who shared that view.

I do know though that there were problems, so the show was not flawless. I was lucky, my seats were on the floor 14 rows back, and I do believe that sound was an issue for many and that is unfortunate. AT&T Stadium is huge and it is very difficult to get great sound throughout a huge cavernous space like that.

But if you can, see this band on this tour in the best seat you can manage. I don’t think you’ll regret it. The energy, intensity and beauty of a Rolling Stones concert is like nothing else.

Here are a few pictures.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-09 19:39 by GS1978.

Posted by: caschimann ()
Date: June 9, 2015 16:08

Blue Boy
I drove from Houston and battled the horrible traffic that seems to permeate Dallas nowedays just to see the Stones with my 12 year old son and my wife. (Hwy 45 was closed coming into Dallas).

Make no mistake folks. This was a show for the ages. I have been following the Stones since the late 60s and early 70s, and have seen numerous shows. This one was simply awesome! And that is an understatement.

I saw the same as BV, Longhorn, Keef, and others who are praising this show. Their reviews are right on.

My section was dancing the night away. There was a certain spirit and feeling in the air that I have never felt before at a Stones concert. If you bought $40 tickets you got what you paid for in terms of the poor quality of the sound and distance to the stage. I scored 3 tickets in section C236. Everyone was dancing and stood for he whole concert. Those who sat down were overweight and, quite frankly, old. An old guy asked me to sit down and stop dancing. I simply told him that if I sat down I was going to have to ask the person in front of me to sit down and she would have to do same to the person in front of her and so forth until we had to ask the Stones to sit down. The sound was loud, metallic, and crispy digital.

At the stadium there were people in wheel chairs and oxygen tanks and kids under 10 years old.

My son was wearing my 1981 shirt and people stopped him to talk about the shirt and took pictures of it. A row down there was a woman who looked pretty frail and old wearing a shirt from the 1978 tour. Folks, there was a little of everything.

It was a celebration of the Stones making us dance and rocking for 53 years! All the songs were perfect. I particularly liked Bitch, Rocks Off was out of this workd, Moonlight Mile was a tear jerker as it made me remember younger and fresher years. A song I dreamed of seeing them do live as a youngster and which I believed would be a dream forever. GS was unforgettable. My son won´t stop singing You Can´t Always Get What You Want or Brown Sugar. My wife is still dancing to Satisfaction. Midnight Rambler was......well perfect. The ancient art and craft of guitar weaving was made perfect by Keith and Ron in Dallas.

Let´s Spend the Night Together send me to a younger more innocent place were we thought we would get a little satisfation by promising to satisfy her every need. But then again perhaps it only meant that we would spend some time together. And yes we did. We spend over two hours together rockin and rollin.

Most importantly it was Satisfaction´s birthday. It turned 50 years old to the date. Mick´s celebration of his Texas exes was right on the money. There was a feeling that the Stones truly like Texas. Keith´s remembering his buddy and long-time saxophonist Bobby Keys was moving.

June 6, the Triple Crown was won, Barcelona won the Treble, 71 years of D-Day the historic battle in a war that gave the Stones the right to have the freedom and attitude to create the most engaging and thrilling rock and roll ever. Seeing Charlie Watts bang on those drums at 74 years old and at the same time thinking that he has survived my father by a few years is difficult to describe. Mick running faster than Messi and jumping like Jack Flash is mesmerizing.

Folks, this was a perfect show. And as Longhorn said if you weren´t there I don´t want to hear your whining. It was perfect.

Rock ´N Roll!

This is the most funniest sentence in post here! LOL!!!!

Posted by: caschimann ()
Date: June 9, 2015 16:14

Blue Boy

Rock ´N Roll!

Again, without typo:

This is one of the most funniest sentences in a post I've read so far.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: June 9, 2015 16:21

That is a great line. >grinning smiley<

Date: June 9, 2015 16:23

LOL! >grinning smiley<

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: June 9, 2015 16:26

GS1978

This was a terrific show. One of the best I’ve seen. They were on fire. Great energy and camaraderie.

- Moonlight Mile was magnificent and one of the most moving moments I’ve experienced at a show. They have to play this every night.
- Thousands of excited young fans having a great time and raving about the concert after the show.
- Ron Wood was terrific and seemed to be in that great space that musicians sometimes find – that balance when it appears you’re locked in and focused when you’re not even conscious of what you’re doing and just playing beautiful guitar licks.

My son (20) and his cousin (22) told me it was amazing, the best concert they’ve seen and that they will remember the show forever. (and my son told me that before he caught Charlie’s drumstick which made it even better). Met many others of all ages after the show who shared that view.

I do know though that there were problems, so the show was not flawless. I was lucky, my seats were on the floor 14 rows back, and I do believe that sound was an issue for many and that is unfortunate. AT&T Stadium is huge and it is very difficult to get great sound throughout a huge cavernous space like that.

But if you can, see this band on this tour in the best seat you can manage. I don’t think you’ll regret it. The energy, intensity and beauty of a Rolling Stones concert is like nothing else.

*Mick and Keith shared a mike on LSTNT, wow I got to see that!! Nice...

Posted by: GS1978 ()
Date: June 9, 2015 16:47

GS1978

[www.youtube.com]

Here are a few pictures.

[[img]http://i.imgur.com/Ne3MLhQ.jpg[/img]

[[img]http://i.imgur.com/Ne3MLhQ.jpg[/img]

reposted with pic and link to Mick & Keith sharing a mike

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1819202122232425262728Next
Current Page: 27 of 28

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1818
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home