Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2324252627282930313233Next
Current Page: 28 of 33
Re: Columbus OH USA 30-May-2015 Rolling Stones live show updates
Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: June 1, 2015 07:01

Adjusting $5 in 1966 for inflation, those tickets cost $36.50 in 2015 dollars...

Posted by: tauk ()
Date: June 1, 2015 08:05

stonesrule
Enough chit chat boys...Let's get back to the bar scene!

As you will recall, the cast is "the ladies of IORR."

Then the riff raff appear, alleged men who start making stupid remarks about
THE Rolling Stones.

I casually take out my cell-phone..."the secret one." A yawning voice answers:
Yeah?

This lady has no time for chit-chat: "Keith. The girls need you down here on
the double. A group of dull creatures are speaking badly of the greatest
guitar player God ever created."

He is, suddenly, ALERT! "I'll be down and take care of everything." He is not only ALERT but his tone is menacing.

As if by magic, two minutes later, Keith Richards strides into the tacky little bar..stares at the star-struck group of men. "You lot, I want all of out of here. NOW!

The ladies smile happily. Keith frowns at them. "OUT NOW!" The "men" begin to
shake and tremble.

Late Bloomer is almost in tears. "Oh Keith...OH...OH...Oh. YOU are so..
brave." He pats her hand.

TO BE CONTINUED...

To stonesrule: Great! Thanks for you getting this back on track.

Are you sure we'd have to call in the boys for back-up? Well, your version involves more than one lone idiot...so maybe, in that event, my "Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves" storyline version might not be possible. Or, if in the wake of the alley scene, we need a "cleaner"...

So here's a photo that looks like I'd picture M or K looking in a dark alley. In your version I could see the idiots being scared at the sight of these two...(yes, surprisingly even Mick looks very unusually dark here--I can't believe he let himself be photographed in a white T shirt-not usually his style).

Rock on.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 1, 2015 08:10

Updated reports and pictures on the reports pages from Columbus Ohio : [www.iorr.org]

Bjornulf

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: June 1, 2015 08:12

Turner68
Adjusting $5 in 1966 for inflation, those tickets cost $36.50 in 2015 dollars...

Yeah, but in those days, they played for 28 minutes. Now, their show, including the filmed intro, is 135 minutes, which is $175 for the new show (actually pretty close to the average ticket price). See, you can justify just about anything.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: June 1, 2015 08:28

Nikkei
I will ask again: what is the purpose of that weird equipment behind Mick there?

I believe it's Bernard's "percussion instrument" for Can't You Hear Me Knocking. Even if the song is not included in the setlist of that show, it is always set up. Not sure if he uses it for any other songs.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 1, 2015 08:36

stonesrule

THE Rolling Stones.

Yeah?

He is, suddenly, ALERT! "I'll be down and take care of everything." He is not only ALERT but his tone is menacing.

As if by magic, two minutes later, Keith Richards strides into the tacky little bar..stares at the star-struck group of men. "You lot, I want all of out of here. NOW!

shake and tremble.

TO BE CONTINUED...

....Meanwhile the men start inching toward the door. Using the emotional distraction to their advantage, they start picking up the pace.

Suddenly a figure appears blocking their escape! Dressed to the nines, in 4 inch heels with a small dog tucked under her arm and a menacing look on her face.

"Jane!" Keith says, "We were expecting you".......

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

peace

Date: June 1, 2015 08:56

video: [www.youtube.com]

Hang On Sloopy (1,25)

Date: June 1, 2015 08:57

Naturalust
stonesrule

THE Rolling Stones.

Yeah?

shake and tremble.

TO BE CONTINUED...

....Meanwhile the men start inching toward the door. Using the emotional distraction to their advantage, they start picking up the pace.

Suddenly a figure appears blocking their escape! Dressed to the nines, in 4 inch heels with a small dog tucked under her arm and a menacing look on her face.

"Jane!" Keith says, "We were expecting you".......

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

peace

Prof. Naturalust, my hand is up for a question!
I don't know who Jane is-I'm kinda embarrassed, but after all, I did just complete my 2nd semester here at The Rolling Stones University. It's been 6 months now since I began my studies (last 3 here at iorr plus some transfer credits). However, I haven't had the course that would tell me who Jane is.
(And yes, the SD concert was the perfect closing field work experience for my semester).

Date: June 1, 2015 08:58

Happy (4,38)

Date: June 1, 2015 08:59

Start Me Up (4,17)

Date: June 1, 2015 09:00

Hang On Sloopy (1,53)

Date: June 1, 2015 09:02

Midnight Rambler (11,07)

Date: June 1, 2015 09:03

Happy (4,26)

Date: June 1, 2015 09:04

Band Intro (3,46)

Date: June 1, 2015 09:08

Brown Sugar (6,22)

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: June 1, 2015 09:09

Jane Rose, Keith's personal manager

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 1, 2015 09:22

tauk

I don't know who Jane is.

No worries dear, my door is always open...and if it's not put a speaker at door and blast the intro to Can't You Hear Me Knocking and I'll magically appear. smoking smiley

"Jane" is none other than Jane "bulldog" Rose, Keith's longtime personal manager and protector. New York City resident and talent manager extrodinaire. I think she initially worked for Mick until she made the switch. A powerful and capable women who allegedly deserves alot of the credit for putting her foot down and demanding Keith get off heroin, when no one else was quite up for the job.

May I suggest the book "Life" by Keith Richards for more information on Jane and the Stones in general. Definitely a prerequisite if you wish to continue your Stones education. Jane is interviewed in the book. There are mixed feeling here on the book but I absolutely loved it, I hope that you will too.

peace

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: June 1, 2015 09:28

Did anyone else notice that Keith played Happy with capo on the 3rd fret, not the 4th? I noticed on the picture backstage before the show, and was wandering what song he was playing. Turns out it was Happy in the key of Bb not B.

Date: June 1, 2015 09:30

Naturalust
tauk

I don't know who Jane is.

No worries dear, my door is always open...and if it's not put a speaker at door and blast the intro to Can't You Hear Me Knocking and I'll magically appear. smoking smiley

"Jane" is none other than Jane "bulldog" Rose, Keith's longtime personal manager and protector. New York City resident and talent manager extrodinaire. I think she initially worked for Mick until she made the switch. A powerful and capable women who allegedly deserves alot of the credit for putting her foot down and demanding Keith get off heroin, when no one else was quite up for the job.

May I suggest the book "Life" by Keith Richards for more information on Jane and the Stones in general. Definitely a prerequisite if you wish to continue your Stones education. Jane is interviewed in the book. There are mixed feeling here on the book but I absolutely loved it, I hope that you will too.

peace
Glad to find you in Prof. N. I appreciate your time.

Thank you so much-I was wondering which book to start off my next semester with. Seriously. I'm not joking. This is fun but it's also important to me.

I am very ready to start now with biographies & of course, yes, Keith's autobiography. Sounds fascinating to me, this "Jane" person. I can't believe Keith or Mick would even allow anyone in that position.

OMG-This "Jane's" job will be my new job goal! I WANT HER JOB YES!!!!!! Wait, no, I wouldn't be assertive enough....that is unless I need to DEFEND them against any idiots!

Defending against haters/idiots re. The Stones, really brings out a strong side of me I almost forgot I had....this tiny-town, mid-western, rural, corn belt, bible-belt raised gal can kick....well, you seen how my Defender fantasy was going...starting with a broken beer bottle in hand & out to the alley-no need for a city slicker New Yawka person to "assist" in Keith's life-& I'd do it for FREE (are you listening Mick, CEO). I HATE HATERS!

I'd better listen to Ventilator Blues right now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-01 09:42 by tauk.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: June 1, 2015 09:47

The line of ready and willing Keithbabes forms on the right, Tauk,
and a well-oiled line it is too. :E

Posted by: Plink ()
Date: June 1, 2015 09:53

Many thanks to Jumpingjackflash68 for finding and posting the videos! thumbs upthumbs upsmiling smiley

Date: June 1, 2015 10:04

with sssoul
The line of ready and willing Keithbabes forms on the right, Tauk,
and a well-oiled line it is too. :E

To withsssoul: (BTW I like your username).

Well, I've not been bitten by the "Keith babe" bug, I'm relieved to say. I'm infected by the luv bug for Mick, which I know makes me pathetic & hopeless & at the end of another long line...

I was just fascinated to learn that either M or K would ever hire some female to defend them or guide them in any way. I know I wouldn't be right for the job. I'm still just a student here. I'd go GaGa if any Stone so much as ever happened accidentally to look in my direction=atrial fib would soon follow!

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: June 1, 2015 10:07

The Worst.
Did anyone else notice that Keith played Happy with capo on the 3rd fret, not the 4th? I noticed on the picture backstage before the show, and was wandering what song he was playing. Turns out it was Happy in the key of Bb not B.

Less stress on the vocal chords? AC/DC is doing this on the current tour for all of the songs (Eb tuning instead of the usual E).

Posted by: onlystones ()
Date: June 1, 2015 10:10

I am not a chick or well oiled but I would gladly be Keith's caretaker. NO CHARGE.

I really love Mick Jagger though.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: June 1, 2015 10:16

JadedFaded

The story is Mick fired Jane and Keith hired her. I can only guess
that was some interesting drama between the Glimmers. If the story is true.

Date: June 1, 2015 10:17

onlystones
I am not a chick or well oiled but I would gladly be Keith's caretaker. NO CHARGE.

I really love Mick Jagger though.

I knew we had something in common onlystones. But we're most certainly at the end of a long long line there also. Oh well. God gave me an imagination for some reason, I might as well keep using it to full-tilt boogie re. Mick. Ciao.

Posted by: Sam4741 ()
Date: June 1, 2015 10:17

What was up with Keith during this show? His "solos" in SFTD and Satisfaction were kinda bizarre..

Date: June 1, 2015 10:20

swimtothemoon
JadedFaded

The story is Mick fired Jane and Keith hired her. I can only guess
that was some interesting drama between the Glimmers. If the story is true.

Sounds fascinating, I can't wait to read about it.

Posted by: onlystones ()
Date: June 1, 2015 10:25

The way I understood it was that Mick left Jane to watch over Keith while he was in Toronto during his drug bust. I am pretty sure Keith tells that story in Life.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 1, 2015 10:28

jazzbass
In response to people noting Jagger shrugging off Keith, I wouldn't read too much into it. I say this because I remarked to the person next to me, that literally 5 seconds before the shrug off, Mick actually reached out with a pseudo 1 armed hug to Keith. I remarked because it's the first time I remember the affection go that direction in some time. The shrug off came when Keith reciprocated, and I think only because Mick was back to "on with the show" mode.

Which song was that on ?

jumpingjackflash68

Band Intro (3,46)

Matt Clifford definitely on the way UP (not introduced in 2012/2014), Chuck "forgotten" ?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-01 10:30 by gotdablouse.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2324252627282930313233Next
Current Page: 28 of 33

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2189
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home