Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2324252627282930313233Next
Current Page: 30 of 33
Re: Columbus OH USA 30-May-2015 Rolling Stones live show updates
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: June 1, 2015 18:48

Nikkei
Allright. But now that you HAVE seen it, you know what I meant? I can take it down again of course grinning smileycool smiley

Taking it down is an excellent idea, Nikkei - thanks!
I don't see anything in it that's at all reminiscent of the photo of Keith at the mic
where the angle of the shot plus the lighting seem to have misled you into seeing something really strange.
It looks like a normal shot of Keith at a mic in a bluish light to me, and appearently to Plink as well.

Anyway it's really easy to take an odd-looking photo or screenshot. It doesn't mean anything's "wrong" with the person.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: June 1, 2015 18:56

Anyone else hear Mick say quietly to the choir as he sashayed by...

"Hello girls" ?

cool smiley

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: June 1, 2015 18:58

Gee, now I fear something's wrong with me for taking that screenshot? I thought it was funny.

Posted by: CloudCat ()
Date: June 1, 2015 19:14

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-01 19:16 by CloudCat.

Posted by: CloudCat ()
Date: June 1, 2015 19:21

stonesrule
I casually take out my cell-phone..."the secret one." A yawning voice answers:
Yeah?
The ladies smile happily. Keith frowns at them. "OUT NOW!" The "men" begin to
shake and tremble.

onlystones! is that you in drag!!!???

Posted by: forsure ()
Date: June 1, 2015 19:22

MisterO
Not sure if anyone else asked........How were ticket sales outside the area? Buyers or sellers market?

I didn't see a ton selling or buying. My buddy tried to get one from a scalper, he wanted way too much. He eneded up getting a nosebleed for $40 and then self uprgraded from there since he was solo. This was an hour or so before kid rock went on.

Date: June 1, 2015 19:33

Nikkei
I thought it was funny.

Ah so - if it's funny you're after, this is funny:

Naturalust
Nikkei

Ronnie: Come a little closer darlin' I've got something to show ya...

Charlie: F u c k You

Keith: hurry up man my fingers won't do this crap...

Mick: Two at once? let's go!

eye popping smiley

peace

Date: June 1, 2015 19:34

CloudCat
stonesrule
I casually take out my cell-phone..."the secret one." A yawning voice answers:
Yeah?
The ladies smile happily. Keith frowns at them. "OUT NOW!" The "men" begin to
shake and tremble.

onlystones! is that you in drag!!!???

Now that you mention it ... LoFL! :E

Date: June 1, 2015 19:35

Thanks. I thought this picture deserved more airtime. Cheers to RoyalHue for searching out the Sticky Fingers font!

Posted by: onlystones ()
Date: June 1, 2015 19:50

I don't do drag I am ladies underwear kind of guy. Although I would not mind having my picture on Some Girls.

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: June 1, 2015 19:51

brokecollegestudent
P.S... I just said f it and bought field/floor seats to Pittsburgh. I couldn't resist. I really feel the need to see them again, I don't know if I'll every see them again and I better live it up now rather than regret it later!! I saw Roger Waters in Pittsburgh 4 years ago, and it was a wonderful time. Looking forward to Heinz Field!

congrats you will have blast!
are you going to change your name to "brokercollegestudent"?

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: June 1, 2015 20:00

Turner68
lol

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-01 20:01 by mnewman505.

Date: June 1, 2015 20:14

mnewman505
Turner68
lol

Sure why not, I am taking economics classes lol.

But I have a job and found a deal on stubhub. Plus I am splitting the ticket price with my date. smiling smiley you just have to be crafty sometimes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-01 20:16 by brokecollegestudent.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: June 1, 2015 20:21

FunxionalJunkie
Hey, just be thankful that they didn't bring Kid Rock back out for a cameo.

I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: June 1, 2015 20:24

GlimmerGirl24
Sitting outside of the Hampton Inn last night with eight or nine average casual fans, they had complaints about the Setlist. Some had seen the Stones three or four times, for some it was the first time, a couple of others try to see them once or twice every tour. A couple of the women were unhappy that the Stones didn't play Angie. Two of the men were happy they played Wild Horses. One guy in his mid-60's wanted to hear Anybody Seen My Baby - he'd never seen the Stones before. Another woman was upset that they didn't play Satisfaction - I'm not sure if she left early or just didn't recognize the final encore. But even if she left a couple of songs before the encore - she should have heard it walking away from the stadium. A few were thrilled to hear Paint it, Black. A couple wished Keith would play something off his solo albums. Another wanted something from Voodoo included in the Setlist. And one woman said she wasn't familiar with the Sticky Fingers album - she'd never heard of it until someone described the cover, then she remembered it. She wanted more off of Tattoo You. Mick underestimates the casual fan.

Line of the night, leaving the stadium, overheard a woman asking a much younger woman... "Did you recognise many of the songs?"

Date: June 1, 2015 20:33

GlimmerGirl24 and I had Lucky Dips and they put us directly opposite end from the stage lower deck centered between two stacks in 3A. We both said the sound was some of the best we'd ever heard at a Stones concert.....loud, clear, balanced, with no echoes. With these big stadium shows the sound can vary so much from place to place, i've seen some videos on youtube where I can tell other parts of the stadium were definitely having problems. Feeling pretty lucky as many people seemed to report having major sound issues.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-01 20:34 by mnewman505.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: June 1, 2015 20:37

onlystones
I don't do drag I am ladies underwear kind of guy. Although I would not mind having my picture on Some Girls.

Ah, I heard some gentlemen do like to wear ladies undergarments when they are alone in their rooms. eye popping smiley

(J/K, onlystones. I knew what you meant.) cool smiley

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: June 1, 2015 20:51

angee
onlystones

Ah, I heard some gentlemen do like to wear ladies undergarments when they are alone in their rooms. eye popping smiley

Uh oh - could you explain the joke, in that case?
I was sure wearing ladies' undergarments (alone or not) is what s/he meant :E

Posted by: harald2002 ()
Date: June 1, 2015 21:12

Kurt
Anyone else hear Mick say quietly to the choir as he sashayed by...

"Hello girls" ?

cool smiley
Yes, i hear Mick saying this too

Posted by: angee ()
Date: June 1, 2015 21:21

with sssoul
angee
onlystones

Uh oh - could you explain the joke, in that case?
I was sure wearing ladies' undergarments (alone or not) is what s/he meant :E

Oh, who knows.
I thought he really meant he just enjoyed women wearing underwear.
The way it was phrased it could have meant he likes wearing it himself, which was my joke.

You hadda be there. Haha. Onlystones is a "he," no?

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: Brstonesfan ()
Date: June 1, 2015 21:34

That periscope thing was an amazing surprise and I am grateful to those who provided this for the fans who could not attend. It was the first time I felt almost as excited being at a live show and it took me a couple of hours to come down from the excitement. Thanks again.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-01 21:42 by Brstonesfan.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 1, 2015 21:42

Though I'd bring this discussion over to where it belongs.

This version of Bitch seems to go off the rails a bit at the start of the second verse. It seems to me one of the reasons it that Charlie gets off by a whole beat and is hitting the normal backbeat 2 and 4 snare drum on the 1 and 3. He doesn't recover till near the very end.

Comments from the musicians here are welcome on this. It's rare we see Charlie losing it for so long and this is what seems to happen when he does. Shows just how important he is to the success of the tunes.

peace

Date: June 1, 2015 21:55

video: [www.youtube.com]

The Complete Concert from

Columbus OH., 30.5.2015

in EXCELLENT AUDIENCE QUALITY!!!

Date: June 1, 2015 21:58

Hi Fans!

Have anyone the Live Videos from Columbus 30.5.2015

Doom & Gloom

Before They Make Me Run

Miss You

in complete youtube Clips, can you post it?

Thanks

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: June 1, 2015 22:02

there was a guy on stonesdougs website a couple weeks ago saying he "doubted the stones sold more than 10,000 tickets to this show"
"the stones have priced themselves out of the market" and "fans have grown tired of the same ol stones show" were some of the other comments i remember seeing-

60,000 people-a sold out show,great reviews,the fans loved it,the band is having fun and playing great,in other words your typical stones tour.

i still dont get what part of the phrase "the worlds greatest rock and roll band" some people dont understand.

it's like thinking no one will show up at the world cup or the super bowl.

Date: June 1, 2015 22:08

That video of Bitch sounds nothing like what I heard where I was standing, is it possible that what you're hearing is really distortion, reverb, and the sound bouncing around a giant concrete stadium as opposed to Charlie actually screwing up?

Date: June 1, 2015 22:09

@Naturalust could it be caused by some kind of monitor delay? Such things might happen if the FOH is in an "off-zone", which seemed the case several times due to the vast venue.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: June 1, 2015 22:16

lem motlow
there was a guy on stonesdougs website a couple weeks ago saying he "doubted the stones sold more than 10,000 tickets to this show"
"the stones have priced themselves out of the market" and "fans have grown tired of the same ol stones show" were some of the other comments i remember seeing-

60,000 people-a sold out show,great reviews,the fans loved it,the band is having fun and playing great,in other words your typical stones tour.

i still dont get what part of the phrase "the worlds greatest rock and roll band" some people dont understand.

it's like thinking no one will show up at the world cup or the super bowl.

lol, don't go too quick on that one, the whole of Europe (Each individual countries Football associations) is considering boycotting the next one in Russia and even that ridiculous one in Qatar 4 years later..........Rock on Richard Weber – the IRS chief in charge of the criminal investigations and the the US the attorney general, Loretta Lynch, who said corruption in football was “rampant, systemic and deep-rooted, both abroad and here in the United States”.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-01 22:17 by EddieByword.

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: June 1, 2015 22:17

Nikkei
@Naturalust could it be caused by some kind of monitor delay? Such things might happen if the FOH is in an "off-zone", which seemed the case several times due to the vast venue.

the stones never go off the rails. only their fans do.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 1, 2015 22:21

mnewman505
That video of Bitch sounds nothing like what I heard where I was standing, is it possible that what you're hearing is really distortion, reverb, and the sound bouncing around a giant concrete stadium as opposed to Charlie actually screwing up?

Yes no doubt the sound quality of that video leaves much to be desired but even taking that into account, something else is going on. And the video is really what gives it away, watch Charlie.

Nikkei

No the monitor mix comes from the line signals on stage and is totally separate from the FOH mix. Delays which would cause a whole beat difference would never be used on monitor signals.

Just look at the video and count out the beats. Charlie starts with the normal 2 and 4 backbeats and by the second verse he's on the 1's and 3's. I'm not picking on Charlie here, love the guy, just pointing out a rather obvious disconnect in the music here. It's pretty amazing Keith stayed on track, it's seems Ronnie was more distracted by it. It's possible that's what he went over to director Chuck, to try to understand what was happening.

peace

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2324252627282930313233Next
Current Page: 30 of 33

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1958
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home