Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Streets of Love & Rough Justice
Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: July 23, 2005 01:32

After waiting 8 years is this the best the Stones can come up with?
l mean that ballad sucks is bad, they sound like they are trying to be Areosmith doing a power ballad listen to guitar break in the midle of the song.
The other song Rough Justice is a lot better with a great hook.
Another Exile?
Myass.

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Re: Streets of Love & Rough Justice
Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: July 23, 2005 04:41

Most of the Stones songs really grow on you after a few listens.....

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: July 23, 2005 05:09

not these two, unfortunately. eminently forgettable.

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: July 23, 2005 05:20

I like both of them the more I listen to them.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 23, 2005 05:43

seems theres going to be twice as many threads on the same subject as there are songs to talk about...

Posted by: SpanishTony ()
Date: July 23, 2005 06:16

Couldnt Streets of Love been crammed on the Alfie Soundtrack? Ronnie saves the day on Rough Justice otherwise it sounds like another bad attempt by Mick to rhyme more words than a Dr Suesse book.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 23, 2005 06:19

SpanishTony Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Couldnt Streets of Love been crammed on the Alfie
> Soundtrack?

probably not, if it was written afterwards as was likely the case

Remember these reports about Mick and Keith writing all these songs together for the first time in many years?

seems to be overlooked in all this "lets bash Mick for writing soppy ballads" frenzy

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-07-23 06:19 by Gazza.

Date: July 23, 2005 07:27

Gazza Wrote:
> >
> Remember these reports about Mick and Keith
> writing all these songs together for the first
> time in many years?
>
> >
>
> Edited 1 times. Last edit at 07/23/05 06:19 by
> Gazza.

It's impossible to believe KR was in the same continent, let alone the same room, when MJ wrote and recorded SOL. I refuse to believe he had anything to do with it.

Posted by: MisterD ()
Date: July 23, 2005 07:47

Doesn't SOL also stand for "Sh*t out of Luck"?

Posted by: drake ()
Date: July 23, 2005 08:00

Streets of Shit is more likely, but it doesnt matter. None of us got into the Stones for the ballads. Rough Justice on the otherhand is great. So is ONNYA. New album looks great, get over the ballad.

Posted by: Happy Jack ()
Date: July 23, 2005 08:51

I heard Streets of Love on the radio today and I turned it not knowing it was the stones. It was only when I caught the end of it turning back that I heard the DJ say it was them. Seems kinda sad, either Im not as big a fan as I thought, or it just sounded that bad that I didnt even recognize it as them. Im leaning heavy on the latter. Personally as latter day stones rockers go, Dont Stop sounded the most like a classic stones song.

Posted by: kees ()
Date: July 23, 2005 09:47

Don't Stop for me was as worse as Rock and a hard Place from one of their worst albums, SW.
Sofar like all three new songs.
They would kick ass if they start the show with RJ and NONNYA!

Posted by: john r ()
Date: July 23, 2005 10:17

I certainly have always liked the Stones' ballads, from As Tears Go By thru Angie & How Can I Stop....ballads obviously dont have to be sentimental, & most Stones ballads are not...

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: July 23, 2005 11:44

"It's impossible to believe KR was in the same continent, let alone the same room, when MJ wrote and recorded SOL. I refuse to believe he had anything to do with it."

100% agree

i can't believe Keef has ANYTHING to do with that song at all

if he did, i've just lost a bit of respect for him. its that BAD :O(

Posted by: Rank Outsider ()
Date: July 23, 2005 11:48

I wish they would perform One Hit ( To The Body) on the next tour. That tune would make all the non-believers realize that the Stones are still calling the shots in the world of rock.

Posted by: Stikkyfinger ()
Date: July 23, 2005 11:54

I understood Keith didn't have much to do with Don't Stop either....?

Is that right?

It's like Lennon/McCartney, some songs were obviously Lennon and some were obviously McCartney....

Regards,

Ian.

Rolling Stones Tribute

Play Rolling Stones

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: July 23, 2005 13:54

StonesTod Wrote:

>
> It's impossible to believe KR was in the same
> continent, let alone the same room, when MJ wrote
> and recorded SOL. I refuse to believe he had
> anything to do with it.
>
>

I agree as well: it's quite obvious that on this track neither Keith nor Ronnie or Charlie have been featured: it doesn't sound like a stones song at all, it lacks of guitar weaving as well as of Charlie's drum touch (which, after all, is what the Stones sound is all about, as we can hear on "Rough Justice"). I think it would sound much much better if it were played by the band as we know it. If they release this as first single, it's gonna be a big mistake.

Posted by: Havo ()
Date: July 23, 2005 15:45

Well agree---Dont Think that K.R. is able to do such a great ballad

Posted by: stickydion ()
Date: July 23, 2005 15:53

In my opinion Streets of Love is a nice ballad, nothing less or more. Rough Justice, a very good rock.

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: July 23, 2005 15:58

IMO bad Stones is Rock and a Hard Place, Blinded by Love, Can't be Seen, Hold Back, Sparks will Fly.
Nothing wrong with SOL. That solo in the middle: I am curious who played that though. It does not sound like Keith. Maybe it was CHUCK! LOL

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: July 23, 2005 16:13

I heard SOL and it sounds like an Alfie's outtake. Mick got rewarded for Alfie if I remember correctly so that is why the stones execs picked that one as a first single. That song sounds 100% Jagger. Since Mick and Keith have started their solo carreers, it has changed the way I hear the stones. Before 85 all the songs were Mick and Keith for me. Now I hear who is writing what and as a end result it spoils the way I hear the music. it was better before when not knowing.
Mops

Posted by: joyride ()
Date: July 23, 2005 17:43

I think Rough Justice will be a very successful tune for the band and I'm totally stoked to hear this tour. SOL on the other hand I think is a very drab song that was a left over from Alfie. I really hope Keith tells Mick to throw it in the junk pile, or save it for an Alfie sequal if that ever comes to be (doubt it).

Posted by: GeorgV ()
Date: July 23, 2005 18:13

Rough Justice will fit nicely as the concert opener. It's funny coincidence(?) that the first few seconds of the guitar intro, before the song kicks off, is close to how Ronnie starts It's All Over Now on the DVD of the Faces final concert.

Posted by: dennysmith61 ()
Date: July 23, 2005 18:39

I have not heard SOL but Rough Justice sounds good hated don't stop sounded like bubble gum

Remember no matter what they do they lose because they cannot top there past.
At least they try to make new material. That is a big gamble. And from what I hear a lot of the cuts are real good.

Loved RJ but did not expect Brown Sugar.

Once a band peaks musically everything else is a rehash John lennon said that.

I love U2 and there last CD but are they doing new stufe NO just keeping there sound.
the Beatles at the end of there career were doing solo stuff and putting it on an alblum

Again John said that. Look at Beatkes solo stuff except for Johns imagine amoung some of his other stuff how much is classic?

SAY SAY SAY URG WITH A LITTLE LUCK VOMIT ETC ETC. "All those years" ago urg

You are expecting 1967 this will not happen . But a good rockin Alblum with some blues in mainstreet style, (Although not as good how could it be) is the most we can expect.

One a band peaks it peaks. To be fair listen to it like a new band and people would be saying this sounds like a band with great potiential

Which is why only U2 has come out on top since the 80's Everyting in rock has been done already. What happened to all those bands that were suppose to be the ne Beatles or Stones GONE FOOTNOTES

Rough Justice is straight ahead rock

Much better then Mixed emotions or Don't stop.

So is Oh No....

Look what the Cat dragged in good blues......

Stop expecting sticky fingers

New bands themselves are rehashing the past lookk at Oaisis.

And I like them

They could have lived on the past they took a chance.

SOL BEING SAPPY almost hear you sigh? Angie? I loved but a little sappy.

Give him a break and live in reality

This attitude is one of the reasons the Beatles never got back together George saidno matter what we would do it would not be enough.

Enjoy it is just rOck

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: July 23, 2005 18:53

I think the ballad sounds like a cut of one of Mick's own single albums. I don't actually mind that, but it definitely isn't stones hard rock!

Anyway, there's no pleasing everybody and there are lots of new ones we haven't heard yet.

Posted by: mr edward ()
Date: July 23, 2005 18:54

I am left with mixed emotions, so to say, after listening to the new songs for the first time.

Listened to RJ first and was really excited. It rocks! The Stones sound like I want them to! Rough, unpolished, etc.
Streets of Love was a real dissapointment. I've always liked the Stones ballads, but this one is just over the top. What's with the falsetto chorus?

If the predictions that the new album will maninly contain midtempo rock tunes (like RJ) prove to be right, then it will be a hell of an album. I hope SOL is "the exception that makes the rule (dutch saying)".

Anyway, great to hear new songs after such a long while! A big thank you to Vilhelm & the Viking Squad!

regards, E.

Posted by: Strike ()
Date: July 23, 2005 18:57

Totally agree with dennysmith61. Is there anybody out there that realy expected a new exile??? I`m not sure if Keith is still able to write songs at minimum the last ten yaers. Mick is doing the work, but it`s Keith who`s missing.
And pleeeeeeease give me no more it`s good to be here, it`s good to be anywhere you know.....

Posted by: addict ()
Date: July 23, 2005 19:05

'SOL' is about on par with 'New Faces'

Mick needs to learn that he shouldn't try to write songs without responsible adult supervision (preferably Keef)

------------------------------------
He waited several hours for death to come.
Death was late.

Date: July 23, 2005 19:17

open the show with RJ? yeah, right. not a chance. 50,000 fans on the tips of their toes and then a collective: "Huh?"

Posted by: rknuth ()
Date: July 23, 2005 19:45

Rank Outsider, when I said in another thread that it's year or even decades away that they have had some better stuff I refered for me to One Hit (To The Body) among others. This one still rocks. It has at least some flames (musically spoken, drummer will know what I'm talking about) on the guitars which made it somewhat sparkling.

I tried to give both new songs another chance today, but came to the same conclusion: crap.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2229
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home