Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

So this will be the first new album being discussed on this board, right?
Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: July 22, 2005 23:14

Or was Tell Me already running in 1997 when BtB came out?

Björnulf, when did it start here?

Btw:

Isn´t it just great that we talk about new Stones music in 2005?

Rough Justice for the 10th time in a row now....;-)

Re: So this will be the first new album being discussed on this board, right?
Posted by: micawber ()
Date: July 22, 2005 23:22

It was! I remember bein' here and get the prerelease infos, the songs were named here weeks before the release, the press conference stream was announced here, and I was stunned for weeks about the informations from L.A.

This is a great place to be! Thank you so much, Bjornulf, even if sometimes we have different opinions. But like Keith said: Opinions are like @#$%&, everbody's got one:-)

Date: July 22, 2005 23:36

Yes, but it was on the news...was the discussion board already running?

Posted by: micawber ()
Date: July 23, 2005 00:33

Don't remember. You maybe right.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 23, 2005 00:54

Well I can tell you all about that...

IORR.org went live early 1996. Actually you can still find each and every page ever published on IORR through various links on this site. It is just that I never had time to organize everything very professionally The Stones do tour often, and I have too much to do. But if you open the NEWS pages and scroll to the bottom part you will see the entire Stones history from 1997 up to today, through links to old news pages. Just take a look at the 1997 news, including Bridges to Babylon comments and updates:

[iorr.org]
[iorr.org]

As you can see I had the title of the album by mid July 1997 which was a great scoop. At that time nobody had a clue and it took a long time until it was actually confirmed. I got the info from a very inside source.

In 1997 I am sure few of you did actually have a PC with internet. Not at home. Not at work. So I got most of my info through other sources. And it was not natural to run a forum back then. In fact forum solutions were not even invented. Web pages were quite premature so we are talking about a time when internet was still early stage. Things you take for granted now were not around. back then Microsoft did actually say internet would go away. They invented their own network MSN and were hoping it would replace internet. Later on they made MS Explorer and got rid of Netscape. Long story. Actually I had e-mail in 1980 but that was long time before the web, which came around 1991 or so. But it wasn't really common for everybody until late 90's, after BtB... Those were the days...

Bjornulf

Posted by: john r ()
Date: July 23, 2005 01:00

1997 seems like yesterday to me (god I'm getting old) - amazing what bv says, how quickly the technology becomes taken for granted. Well, I've got to go run some errands in my horseless carriage.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 23, 2005 01:00

And just for the record... The Tell Me forum on IORR was started on Oct. 14, 2000, i.e. a long time after IORR started up early 1996. You can see the Tell Me startup in the news entry for that day:

[iorr.org]

I had a tough time figuring out a Stones song that could fit into a forum where people were supposed to talk. So I ended up with the title of one of my favorite songs. The plan was to have all links on the main IORR page as real Stones song titles. It's hard but it is possible.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 23, 2005 01:02

2000 Man - Jagger/Richards 1967

Well my wife still respects me
I really misused her
I am having an affair
With the random computer

ROCKMAN

Posted by: sjs12 ()
Date: July 23, 2005 01:04

I was at uni during the Voodoo Lounge era and rememer trying to track down any info on the stones back then. Nowadays, there is just so much out there that we don't know how lucky we are. Back then, getting LIS off the internet 1 month before release of the single would have seemed an impossible dream.

I do, however, remember learning all about Stripped and associated singles over the net, although I can't remember which boards. I also remember that there were boards with exactly the same Wood vs Taylor arguments all those years ago!

Any way, nice board BV.

Posted by: john r ()
Date: July 23, 2005 01:06

Great song too (2000 Man). psychedelic country? Fabulous riddems...

Posted by: sladog ()
Date: July 23, 2005 01:09

I started coming here back in 1997 for info and never left. I don't post to the board much but I do have the news page as a favorite both at home and at work. After E-mail it's the first page I check every morning.

Posted by: KSIE ()
Date: July 23, 2005 06:50

bv Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Well I can tell you all about that...
>
> IORR.org went live early 1996. Actually you can
> still find each and every page ever published on
> IORR through various links on this site. It is
> just that I never had time to organize everything
> very professionally

Bjornulf, I can honestly say this is the best web site I've ever seen. Beautifully managed, and very enjoyable for Stones fans or others. Thanks for your many hours of dedication to a terrifically "organized" site.

Cheers,
Karl

Date: July 23, 2005 14:44

bv Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> And just for the record... The Tell Me forum on
> IORR was started on Oct. 14, 2000
> Bjornulf

Yeah, that´s what i meant. It´s the first time that this
board discusses about a completely new studio album. I hope
that the netiquette can be kept the next weeks;-)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1909
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home