Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Keith's bit.
Posted by: geordiestone ()
Date: May 22, 2015 00:13

Anyone else wondering if he's through with his couple of songs mid set? I hope not.

Re: Keith's bit.
Posted by: strat72 ()
Date: May 22, 2015 00:16

Cut it down to one song.....

Date: May 22, 2015 00:18

I'd be disappointed but not too suprised.sad smiley

Posted by: 2120Wolf ()
Date: May 22, 2015 00:18

geordiestone
Anyone else wondering if he's through with his couple of songs mid set? I hope not.

He'll continue...Don't You Worry !!!

Posted by: OldBarbarian ()
Date: May 22, 2015 00:19

bump it up to 4 songs. Usually the warm up shows are shorter than the tour shows right. I hope we get at least two. I love Keith Richards on lead vocal!

Date: May 22, 2015 00:25

OldBarbarian
bump it up to 4 songs. Usually the warm up shows are shorter than the tour shows right. I hope we get at least two. I love Keith Richards on lead vocal!
I second that OldBarbarian!!

Posted by: onlystones ()
Date: May 22, 2015 00:27

Keith will sing two songs on each show the rest of the Zip Code tour.

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: May 22, 2015 00:27

geordiestone
OldBarbarian

I third it! Also Keith can be relied not to just stick to warhorses when he sings (by war horses i mean happy/before they make me run.) hearing "you got the silver" and "little t&a" every now and then is awesome.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 22, 2015 00:36

You Got The Silver arguably became a Keith warhorse in the last coupe of years.
Would it be too far out for him to do Wicked As It Seems with the Stones?

Date: May 22, 2015 00:51

Or Coming Down Again would be a great one to pull out on Sunday night.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-22 00:51 by geordiestone.

Date: May 22, 2015 00:52

geordiestone
Or Coming Down Again would be a great one to pull out on Sunday night.

I'd love to hear that done live. Definitely a go to song for me when I'm in a certain mood.

Date: May 22, 2015 01:19

Turner68
geordiestone
OldBarbarian

I third it! Also Keith can be relied not to just stick to warhorses when he sings (by war horses i mean happy/before they make me run.) hearing "you got the silver" and "little t&a" every now and then is awesome.

YGTS is a staple in the setlist. So was Can't Be Seen on the Euro tour.

Date: May 22, 2015 01:21

DandelionPowderman
Turner68
geordiestone
OldBarbarian

you just can't win can you.. play a song more than a couple times and people start calling it a war horse? i happen to think that he deserves credit for mixing up what he plays a lot more than the band usually does.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: May 22, 2015 01:22

They have to leave at least one Keith song in there...BATHROOM BREAK TIME!>grinning smiley<

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: May 22, 2015 01:22

It's in fact a legal agreement...
I doubt he'll give it up.

Date: May 22, 2015 01:25

Turner68
DandelionPowderman
Turner68
geordiestone
OldBarbarian

you just can't win can you.. play a song more than a couple times and people start calling it a war horse? i happen to think that he deserves credit for mixing up what he plays a lot more than the band usually does.

They're not warhorses smiling smiley I agree. Still, YGTS has been played pretty regularly since 2006 + on the 1999 tour.

Date: May 22, 2015 01:27

DandelionPowderman
Turner68
DandelionPowderman
Turner68
geordiestone
OldBarbarian

They're not warhorses smiling smiley I agree. Still, YGTS has been played pretty regularly since 2006 + on the 1999 tour.

it's their 58th most played song, between "sweet virginia" and "harlem shuffle".

[www.setlist.fm]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-22 01:29 by Turner68.

Date: May 22, 2015 01:33

Turner68
DandelionPowderman
Turner68
DandelionPowderman
Turner68
geordiestone
OldBarbarian

it's their 58th most played song, between "sweet virginia" and "harlem shuffle".

[www.setlist.fm]

And of Keith-songs? That doesn't sound quite correct, btw.

Date: May 22, 2015 01:37

DandelionPowderman
Turner68
DandelionPowderman
Turner68
DandelionPowderman
Turner68
geordiestone
OldBarbarian

[www.setlist.fm]

you can check out the site and see if it's accurate or not. somehow we went from talking about how it would be great if keith kept singing his 2 songs or more to arguing about whether he plays you got the silver too much, is this a fan site?

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: May 22, 2015 01:44

geordiestone

No.

What would lead you to wonder that?

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: May 22, 2015 01:53

swiss
geordiestone

No.

Of course he'll do his songs, his voice sounds stronger and better than ever. Go Keith, go....

Date: May 22, 2015 03:13

Turner68
DandelionPowderman
Turner68
DandelionPowderman
Turner68
DandelionPowderman
Turner68
geordiestone
OldBarbarian

[www.setlist.fm]

you can check out the site and see if it's accurate or not. somehow we went from talking about how it would be great if keith kept singing his 2 songs or more to arguing about whether he plays you got the silver too much, is this a fan site?

1999 + 2006 & 2007 + 2013 & 2014 for "You Got the Silver" ....... which was released in 1969 !

Those are the ONLY times that it has been played by them live in concert !!!!

In addition,during 2006,it was played only on the late fall U.S. leg of the tour.

Not played AT ALL in 1969 / 1970 / 1971 / 1972 / 1973 / 1975 / 1976 / 1977 / 1978 / 1981 / 1982 / 1989 / 1990 / 1994 / 1995 / 1997 / 1998 / 2002 / 2003 / 2005 or in 2012 .

I agree though,that "You Got the Silver" probably should not have been played in Europe 2014 in the same places that they played it on the previous (2007) European tour.

Date: May 22, 2015 09:08

That just proves my point that it has been played way more than Harlem Shuffle and Sweet Virginia.

EDIT:
Thinking of HS, it was played on every show for two tours, and SV on the 1972 shows, so the numbers might be correct after all.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-22 10:13 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: Thru and Thru ()
Date: May 22, 2015 09:21

I certainly hope Keith will continue his set of at least two songs, it's my favorite part of the show! smiling smiley

Lose your dreams and you will lose your mind...

Posted by: Papo ()
Date: May 22, 2015 09:31

"You Got The Silver" was great in 2013 and 2014. In Hyde Park, I did not only like it, it touched me deeply.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 22, 2015 10:09

swiss
geordiestone

No.

Right why would his slot be cut down when he showed last year that he could sing 3 in a row when Mick was having problems with his voice?

"Wicked as it seems" would be great but Mick's obviously vetoed any solo songs (when asked at a PC in 89 or was it 94, Keith had answered that they'd play some if there was demand I think) which is too bad because they have a few good ones each.

If not it might be a good time to bring out "You don't have to mean it" from the mothballs.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: eyesoftheworld ()
Date: May 22, 2015 10:12

Keith's part is always a treat and I love the standard tunes and rare ones alike.

Have never seen a really rare Keith one, hopefully this tour but either way I'll be "Happy". spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: May 22, 2015 10:19

I want 3 songs!!!

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: May 22, 2015 10:29

mickschix
They have to leave at least one Keith song in there...BATHROOM BREAK TIME!>grinning smiley<

It is bathroom break time... for Mick! Gives Mick that 10 minute or so rest midway through the show and do a wardrobe change.

Posted by: Handova ()
Date: May 22, 2015 10:46

I'd love to see "Connection" becoming a regular on the set lists

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2442
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home