Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Ticket sales Zip Code Tour
Posted by: IrisC ()
Date: May 10, 2015 22:13

Does anyone know how well tickets are selling for the different locations? It seems playing these larger venues in cities other than New York, Boston, Philadelphia, and Chicago to name a few could present a challenge as far as ticket sales are concerned. So my question how are the tickets selling for this tour?

Re: Ticket sales Zip Code Tour
Posted by: mitchrambler ()
Date: May 10, 2015 22:16

I believe Arlington and Milwaukee are close to sell out,thats it.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: May 10, 2015 22:33

San Diego is a sell out.

Posted by: weinerdog ()
Date: May 11, 2015 00:51

Minneapolis seems like there are plenty of tickets. Three different price levels still available on AXS, and stubhub inventory has gone up(over 3000) since the general onsale.

Also, Premium tickets on AXS have come way down in price, and are pretty comparable to face value in some instances.

Hopefully bodes well for LD ticket holders like me smiling smiley

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: May 11, 2015 03:08

Go onto Ticketmaster website and you can see the venues and zoom in to see all available tickets. Can't believe how much they're charging for tickets in the first several rows.

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: May 11, 2015 04:16

drbryant
San Diego is a sell out.
No, is not,Stubhub has plenty of tickets available at face or below..2,598 tickets available

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: jrcjohnny99 ()
Date: May 11, 2015 04:21

ROPENI
drbryant
San Diego is a sell out.
No, is not,Stubhub has plenty of tickets available at face or below..2,598 tickets available

Stubhub is irrelevant; the question is can you buy one from the Padres;
if not, it's a sell out, regardless of how many tix are on the secondary market.

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: May 11, 2015 04:47

jrcjohnny99
ROPENI
drbryant
San Diego is a sell out.

if not, it's a sell out, regardless of how many tix are on the secondary market.
Look is a question of semantics,me as fan don't give a hoot,the name of the outfit that sells me the ticket,more so if l can get it cheaper than face value,and right now there are plenty of tickets left for that show and all the others....

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: jrcjohnny99 ()
Date: May 11, 2015 18:24

ROPENI
jrcjohnny99
ROPENI
drbryant
San Diego is a sell out.

Look is a question of semantics,me as fan don't give a hoot,the name of the outfit that sells me the ticket,more so if l can get it cheaper than face value,and right now there are plenty of tickets left for that show and all the others....

The OP didn't ask about ticket availability tho, they asked how sales were going;
two different things, nothing to do with semantics.

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: May 11, 2015 18:34

My understanding is that some (not all) of these shows are in what are considered "secondary market" locations, outside the typical Boston, NYC, Chicago, etc spots, and it is actually safer to do a larger stadium show in places like this because these locations are not served as often, meaning there are more folks who have not been to see the Stones in recent tours in these regions. They have not been saturated yet. Whereas, I suspect it might be a bit more risky to play/ try to sell out a stadium show in a market where there have been a lot of appearances in recent years. For example, if there was a big 50,000+ seater up here in Maine, it would be a big sell-out, because people up here don't get a lot of huge shows. We travel to Boston. But then, there are not a lot of people willing to travel out of state for a show, so you'd get more of a market out here in the sticks. It is not always the case, though-- Lesser known acts probably do better in cities and would have trouble drawing a big enough crowd in a place like Maine. This all said, I would so much love it if the Stones came to Maine! Probably not ever going to happen, but just saying.

Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: May 11, 2015 19:16

Yep, San Diego sold out BUT tickets will open up at the last minute esp. the "package" tickets

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: May 11, 2015 19:53

potus43
Yep, San Diego sold out BUT tickets will open up at the last minute esp. the "package" tickets

I don't really consider San Diego sold out since apparently the Padres site has quite a few tickets for sale today (at lower prices than before their prematurely announced Sell Out) AND StubHub and other sites have more tickets available than they did last week. I expect to see all prices come down in the next couple of weeks and tickets available right up until showtime.

I'm not sure how the whole game works but I suspect the "SOLD OUT" thing was just another marketing trick to increase demand and it was never completely sold out, I'm seeing some of the same tickets that were available a couple weeks ago. Pretty sure it is the high prices for a stadium setting keeping the buyers at bay for this tour but the good news is that all the fans willing to pay will be able to see the Stones this time out.

I can only think that if they announced some great warm up acts or had Taylor guesting again, they would be more successful luring people who are still sitting on the fence. As it is, I think there are some very nervous promoters out there.

peace

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: May 11, 2015 20:36

Stubhub will always have tickets so if you base it on that nothing ever sells out ever.

Date: May 11, 2015 21:02

kovach
Stubhub will always have tickets so if you base it on that nothing ever sells out ever.

Sure, but I'm looking more at how many they have compared to the week before and the prices. In any case the primary seller still has tickets after a month of sales so although it will probably sell out eventually, it's certainly not the "sold out in 30 minutes" affair we have seen on previous tours and European dates. The fact that this is the case for the only West coast show is rather surprising to me and doesn't bode well for the other venues.

I imagine many thousands are still available for places like Indy and Columbus.

peace

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: May 11, 2015 21:39

It's a buyers market .

Date: May 11, 2015 22:27

Kansas City not selling good AT ALL!

Seats that used to be $385 now $195

Great seats ...some of the best in the house still available!

Something has to give Kansas City a boost!

I wonder how a City that has very very poor ticket sales plays on the Stones

emotion's for that show. Will Kansas City get a half hearted show from Mick

and the Boys? Will they just go thru the motions and just get it over?

In a city like Kansas City that is showing very little interest will the crowd

suck? Lack of effort from the Stones and a quiet crowd?

Glad I have Dallas Tickets also!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-11 22:29 by jumpontopofmebaby.

Date: May 11, 2015 22:36

jumpontopofmebaby

Stones are way too professional to let poor ticket sales effect the show. They might even turn it up a notch just to spite the empty seats. As far as going through the motions, that's what they've been doing for 20 years now. Seems like a good time to announce some special guests and warm up acts.

peace

Date: May 11, 2015 22:51

yes

Date: May 11, 2015 22:54

Naturalust
jumpontopofmebaby

Stones are way too professional to let poor ticket sales effect the show. They might even turn it up a notch just to spite the empty seats. As far as going through the motions, that's what they've been doing for 20 years now. Seems like a good time to announce some special guests and warm up acts.

peace

I hope you are correct. Yes add a opening act if needed. I have told many friends and people I work with that have not seen them they needed to go and that they will be blown away by them. Hoping for a Full Stadium, Crazy Crowd, And one of those magic Stones nights when they are on fire and they tear it up. If you have seen them very many times. You have had one of these shows. You know when they are on and intense. They will wear you out and leaving you wanting more.

Fingers crossed Kansas City gets The show of the tour!

Posted by: sdr ()
Date: May 12, 2015 00:02

Does anyone know if they will make more lucky dip tickets available?

Date: May 12, 2015 20:50

sdr
Does anyone know if they will make more lucky dip tickets available?

There is already $35 tickets now on Ticketmaster.

Ticket prices In Kansas City have come down from original pricing.

Date: May 17, 2015 23:54

One week before the opener and StubHub still has the following amount of tickets available:

2331 - San Diego
3977 - Ohio
3148 - Minneapolis
7158 - Dallas
2403 - Atlanta
3882 - Orlando
3326 - Nashville
4813 - Pittsburg
2950 - Milwaukee
3474 - Kansas City
2768 - Raleigh
1338 - Indy
3350 - Detroit
4389 - Buffalo
72 - Quebec

I really have no idea how these numbers reflect on ticket sales but it just seems to me that plenty of tickets will be available right up till showtime. It will be interesting to look again at the numbers before the show dates and compare, which is why I listed them.

peace

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: May 18, 2015 04:54

If the opening dates are a smash, I'm sure the K.C. demand will pick up.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: May 18, 2015 10:11

Naturalust
One week before the opener and StubHub still has the following amount of tickets available:

2331 - San Diego
3977 - Ohio
3148 - Minneapolis
7158 - Dallas
2403 - Atlanta
3882 - Orlando
3326 - Nashville
4813 - Pittsburg
2950 - Milwaukee
3474 - Kansas City
2768 - Raleigh
1338 - Indy
3350 - Detroit
4389 - Buffalo
72 - Quebec

I really have no idea how these numbers reflect on ticket sales but it just seems to me that plenty of tickets will be available right up till showtime. It will be interesting to look again at the numbers before the show dates and compare, which is why I listed them.

peace

Most of those numbers haven't changed much, but San Diego is way down from where it started, and prices for premium seats have remained stubbornly high. I was not able to get a good seat for that show despite quite a bit of effort and willingness to pay a significant premium.

Since I fly in for a show, I would really prefer to be close, and usually I am willing to find something in my price range, but San Diego has been a nightmare. So, I gave up and I'll be in the air somewhere between Vancouver and Tokyo, jealously watching some movie on a small screen, when the show starts. Hope everyone has a great time.

Date: May 18, 2015 17:22

drbryant

Most of those numbers haven't changed much, but San Diego is way down from where it started, and prices for premium seats have remained stubbornly high. I was not able to get a good seat for that show despite quite a bit of effort and willingness to pay a significant premium.

Since I fly in for a show, I would really prefer to be close, and usually I am willing to find something in my price range, but San Diego has been a nightmare. So, I gave up and I'll be in the air somewhere between Vancouver and Tokyo, jealously watching some movie on a small screen, when the show starts. Hope everyone has a great time.

Sorry to hear that drbryant. StubHub sold 202 tickets since I last posted here but amazingly still have 2129 for sale. Can't imagine they won't come down in price considerably with only 6 days to go. Also it's likely some decent seats will be available at face value on Friday or Saturday when production seats are released. But, I know it's often not practical to wait until the last minute when long distance travel is involved. Be well.

peace

Date: May 18, 2015 19:16

Naturalust
24 hour update
2331 - San Diego 2121
3977 - Ohio 3931
3148 - Minneapolis 3158
7158 - Dallas 7137
2403 - Atlanta 2398
3882 - Orlando 3825
3326 - Nashville 3329
4813 - Pittsburg 4765
2950 - Milwaukee 2935
3474 - Kansas City 3472
2768 - Raleigh 2838
1338 - Indy 1334
3350 - Detroit 3328
4389 - Buffalo 4342
72 - Quebec 74

Date: May 18, 2015 19:26

sales are real poor.

Posted by: LoveYouLive ()
Date: May 18, 2015 19:47

I don't know why anyone is bother to look at Stubhub. Most of the shows aren't sold out and you can pull blocks of 8 tickets at the higher price range directly from Ticketmaster. It's definitely a buyers market.

Posted by: massmick ()
Date: May 18, 2015 19:52

Depending on the venue, various marketing schemes will be used to fill
seats. In Ohio there is talk of the OSU alumni getting involved and turning it into a reason to get together. Lucky Dips and flexing have occurred sporadicly tour wide.
If the public can hold out they will win. I believe that there are an over abundance of secondary market sellers who thought that they were going to make a quick buck by buying a fistful of tickets and reselling them to Stonesfan diehards who usually get shutout early. This time I believe that most of those who wanted tickets badly, got them, some are seeing the dynamic that is occurring, and are trying to dump and upgrade.
This adds to the secondary. Naturally they will choose to sit in their seat or take a loss, considering the fees they have to pay to list and sell them. Either way, these tickets will fall from the inventory. If Lucky Dips show up or deep flexing occurs, the bottom will fall out. This applies to most shows, but they all have their own little funk.
I think thanks goes to the band for doing this odd, 'little' big tour for us here in America...for all who want to attend, to attend.
All that said, I truely believe that This will be the easiest tour to attend, whether you'll just be happy to be there, to be anywhere or you've got a few bucks and gotta be up front. At most shows, it's your head, heart and balls that'll decide just where you'll end up. No problemo.
So bring your huddled roundtrip m[asses] to our shores, stay awhile and have some fun with old and new friends.

Posted by: LoveYouLive ()
Date: May 18, 2015 20:00

They will definitely be able to make the stadiums look pretty full. One way or another, they will get people to come, pay something and make purchases from vending and merchandise. But you won't see the sell outs you use to see. Even back in 2006, I remember the last time the Stones played Gaints Stadium there were entire section that were tarped over and had been sold when they were there only a year before.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2017
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home