Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

john fogerty
Posted by: backstreetboy ()
Date: July 22, 2005 02:40

just wanted to share something with my fellow stones fans.i saw fogerty at pnc art center the other night(with john mellencamp)fogerty was absolutely amazing,85 minutes of pure ass kickin rock and roll.)his voice,guitar,sound system,setlist,band etc.if you have seen him you know what i mean,if you haven't,take my word,there is no one at this point playing any better.

john scialfa

Re: john fogerty
Posted by: john r ()
Date: July 22, 2005 05:43

As CCR was the first show I ever attended (w/ as I recall Booker T & the MG's & Bo Diddley) as a kid I'm glad to hear J.C. Fogerty is still kicking ass

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: July 22, 2005 05:50

saw him last year - agree 100% - he's an absolute marvel at 59.

Posted by: elmolewis ()
Date: July 22, 2005 06:58

Totally agree!! Saw him about 2 months ago at the Florida Theatre here in Jacksonville, FL. Was one of his warm-up shows, prior to joining JM on their tour. Had front row center seats and witnessed an amazing show! Just belting out one CCR and solo classic after the next with unrelenting power and energy. Indeed amazing at 59!

Posted by: stickydion ()
Date: July 22, 2005 08:13

To me, CCR is #2 greatest rock band in the world, ever. I mean it. Don't ask me "who is #1, OK?

Posted by: stonestom ()
Date: July 22, 2005 08:45

I saw him 2 nights ago in Virginia. I thought he was great but Mellencamp does have some great songs. I thought it was interesting to compare Fogerty to Jagger. Jagger looks cool, hip, young, and moves around better then most artists. Fogerty does not have those qualites. However, Fogerty still has his voice and it sounds good. Jagger voice is just not up to par as it has been. Their age has aged these older stars in different ways. Interesting.

Mellencamp rocked though.

~~TOM

Posted by: john r ()
Date: July 22, 2005 09:35

Curious as to how much of the JF show is CCR, how much latest album & other solo material?

Posted by: marston ()
Date: July 22, 2005 16:27

I saw the Fogerty show in Virginia too. With the exception of three songs it was all CCR. He knew what people had come to see. His set alone was worth the ticket. It's a shame the same can not be said for Melloncamp. While his vocals were right on, his band was horrible. The poor lady that plays the violin had to cover for everyone else. Without out her, you would have no idea what song was being played. Fogerty was the winner, no doubt. Nothing short of perfection. He could hit one note or one chord and the crowd knew what was coming. The only salvation for Melloncamp's show was the two numbers Fogerty came out and played with him.

Greg

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: July 22, 2005 18:51

Fogerty was supurb last year (or was it already this year?) in Antwerp.
But he still doesn't know how to act on a stage.

Posted by: ripthisjoint ()
Date: July 22, 2005 19:00

Yea John still has it for sure , I had $75 front row seats at the joint in vegas last november

the opening act was also very good ,Shelly Fairchild ,a country girl , but she ended with a zeppelin song ..

11/28 Sun Las Vegas, NV The Joint at Hard Rock Hotel

Travelin' Band
Green River
Lodi
Rambunctious Boy
Who'll Stop The Rain
Born On The Bayou
Hot Rod Heart
Run Through The Jungle
Bootleg
Down On The Corner
Sweet Hitch-Hiker
Deja Vu (All Over Again)
I Heard It Through The Grapevine
The Night Time Is The Right Time
Have You Ever Seen The Rain
Tombstone Shadow
Centerfield
Up Around The Bend
Keep On Chooglin'
The Old Man Down The Road
Fortunate Son

Bad Moon Rising
Proud Mary

Posted by: mark ()
Date: July 22, 2005 19:18

Ya know ...I have been pushing the point that there were two CCR's....the slick polished album CCR and the kick butt up tempo screaming guitar R&R CCR live. So lets take some snipits of the reviews:

* I'm glad to hear J.C. Fogerty is still kicking ass

* fogerty was absolutely amazing,85 minutes of pure ass kickin rock and roll.)his voice,guitar,sound system,setlist,band etc.if you have seen him you know what i mean

* witnessed an amazing show! Just belting out one CCR and solo classic after the next with unrelenting power and energy

* CCR is #2 greatest rock band in the world (has been my contention since 71)

* Nothing short of perfection (intersting point, his playing and dedication to the songs pays off now, being he has not been in the spotlight having to keep himself fresh like the Stones or Dylan)

As fas as R&R genre music I'm surprized more Stones fans who tote the R&R banner do not flock to this type of show, but given the softer presentation of the albums...there's your answer. Now for one last comment...I have always said JF has the worst stage presence of any performer I have ever seen...well noted in these reviews:

* But he still doesn't know how to act on a stage.

* Jagger looks cool, hip, young, and moves around better then most artists. Fogerty does not have those qualites

The Stones have been there to follow it's a shame when music of this energy goes by you for lack of understanding. Thanks for the insightfull reviews...got to get more folks tuned in to this.

Posted by: lonecrapshooter ()
Date: July 23, 2005 03:36

I saw him at Irving Plaza. He was superb but the crowd was so lame. No women and lots of fat old men that made the place very crowded.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1273
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home