Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Name your 3 favorite Mick Taylor Stones songs
Posted by: JMARCOU ()
Date: May 20, 2015 23:44

And my question is:what is the Mick Taylor's solo you don't like ?

Posted by: onlystones ()
Date: May 20, 2015 23:49

I love them all he played with the Stones, but I am easy my favorite Taylor performance is the one I am watching and listening to right then. I truly appreciate all of it.

Posted by: LuxuryStones ()
Date: May 21, 2015 00:00

deleted

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: May 21, 2015 00:23

Turner68
i find an odd definition of mick taylor songs on this thread ... some songs named are just songs he plays on, and some are songs that he claims to have had a part in writing... mixing the two together is a little strange... is "gimme shelter" a "mick taylor song"? is "100 years ago" one of the 3 favorite songs for some IORRians from the entire "golden age"?

Not confusing to me at all. Mick Taylor tunes are ones where his participation is excellent and extensive. One that he left his mark on. Sure Mick Jagger came up with great lyrics for Time Waits for No One but Mick Taylors soaring guitar makes the song as much as Micks vocals.

Posted by: onlystones ()
Date: May 21, 2015 00:31

Anyway you want to interpret it. We are talking about the Stones music. That is what this is all about. No music. No Stones.

Posted by: nightskyman ()
Date: May 21, 2015 00:39

The only three that come to mind are:

Sway
Moonlight Mile
Time Waits For No One.

Posted by: Tops ()
Date: May 21, 2015 00:56

Studio; Winter, Time Waits For No One, Sway

Date: May 21, 2015 01:26

DandelionPowderman
triceratops
stewedandkeefed
"Gimme Shelter" from Philadelphia 7/21/72 - early show

That is my number four. Mick Taylor owns that (version) so thoroughly I can see why people got jealous and pushed him out

Great version indeed. Wouldn't have been without Mick and Keith, though..

You never miss a chance to diminish Taylor's role back in the days, do you? winking smiley

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: May 21, 2015 01:31

LuxuryStones
DandelionPowderman
triceratops
stewedandkeefed

That is my number four. Mick Taylor owns that (version) so thoroughly I can see why people got jealous and pushed him out

You never miss a chance to diminish Taylor's role back in the days, do you? winking smiley

gosh i am new here but i hope you are joking.... mick and keith wrote the song and recorded it before taylor was in the band....

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: May 21, 2015 01:38

kleermaker
Here's one of those songs from his solo album in a live version (first time he performed it live). I can recommend it:

Pretty good. If he hadn't left when he did and just stayed on, surely they'd have given him three writing credits on Dirty Work. smiling smiley

With his smooth, laid-back singing voice, that track kind of reminds me of Jackson Browne, though with meaner slide guitar chops than he or his band had--Boulevard squared, if you will.

Date: May 21, 2015 01:39

Turner68
LuxuryStones
DandelionPowderman
triceratops
stewedandkeefed

gosh i am new here but i hope you are joking.... mick and keith wrote the song and recorded it before taylor was in the band....

Of course I'm not joking. We are talking about two different versions,Taylor had his hand in the Philly version, lifted it to another level. This version wouldn't exist without him. if I'm not mistaken. At least that what's this thread all about.

Date: May 21, 2015 01:40

LuxuryStones
Turner68
LuxuryStones
DandelionPowderman
triceratops
stewedandkeefed

Of course I'm not joking. We are talking about two different versions,Taylor had his hand in the Philly version, lifted it to another level. This version wouldn't exist without him. if I'm not mistaken, At least that what's this thread all about.

well sure but then how does pointing out that the song exists because mick and keith wrote it diminish taylor's role?

Date: May 21, 2015 01:46

Turner68
LuxuryStones
Turner68
LuxuryStones
DandelionPowderman
triceratops
stewedandkeefed

Of course I'm not joking. We are talking about two different versions,Taylor had his hand in the Philly version, lifted it to another level. This version wouldn't exist without him. if I'm not mistaken, At least that what's this thread all about.

well sure but then how does pointing out that the song exists because mick and keith wrote it diminish taylor's role?

Because you're new here, perhaps?smiling smiley

Date: May 21, 2015 02:11

LuxuryStones
DandelionPowderman
triceratops
stewedandkeefed

No, but he wouldn't have had a song to play on if it wasn't for Mick and Keith. Somehow people tend to forget that...

Date: May 21, 2015 02:12

LuxuryStones
Turner68
LuxuryStones
Turner68
LuxuryStones
DandelionPowderman
triceratops
stewedandkeefed

Because you're new here, perhaps?smiling smiley

Ah ok so you are joking.

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: May 21, 2015 05:23

Turner68

All well and good but Mick Taylor owns and controls that version "Gimme Shelter" from Philadelphia 7/21/72 - early show
And he played with the same virtuoso domination in other shows from that era/ So much so that you could have had Sammy Hagar singing on "Gimme Shelter" and no one would have noticed the difference.

Date: May 21, 2015 05:25

triceratops
Turner68

All well and good but Mick Taylor owns and controls that version "Gimme Shelter" from Philadelphia 7/21/72 - early show
And he played with the same virtuoso domination in other shows from that era/ So much so that you could have had Sammy Hagar singing on "Gimme Shelter" and no one would have noticed the difference.[/quote

That's not a good thing; that is part of the problem.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: May 21, 2015 10:08

Carol
Rambler
Queenie

from Ya Ya's...

2 1 2 0

Date: May 21, 2015 10:29

DandelionPowderman
LuxuryStones
DandelionPowderman
triceratops
stewedandkeefed

No, but he wouldn't have had a song to play on if it wasn't for Mick and Keith. Somehow people tend to forget that...

He could have played with anyone back in '72. But this is a waste of energy, certainly on a "favorite Mick Taylor Stones songs" thread. So forget it.

Date: May 21, 2015 12:17

LuxuryStones
DandelionPowderman
LuxuryStones
DandelionPowderman
triceratops
stewedandkeefed

He could have played with anyone back in '72. But this is a waste of energy, certainly on a "favorite Mick Taylor Stones songs" thread. So forget it.

Of course he could.

Posted by: TravelinMan ()
Date: May 21, 2015 15:52

I love his tone on Secret Affair. It's a shame Taylor never released a ton of studio albums like Clapton and Green, even if they were just old blues covers.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1434
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home