Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Keith's Teeth
Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: May 12, 2015 02:32

Hey all. I just had a question; does anyone know the story of Keith's teeth? I know that in the 70s he had that chipped tooth, and now his teeth look perfect. Has he just had work done, or did he just black out part of his tooth? Thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-12 02:33 by stones2000.

Re: Keith's Teeth
Posted by: Bsebastian ()
Date: May 12, 2015 02:32

stones2000
Hey all. I just had a question; does anyone know the stor

he was a drug addict. his teeth went bad. he got them fixed. is there any more to it than that?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 12, 2015 02:34

Bsebastian
stones2000

he was a drug addict. his teeth went bad. he got them fixed. is there any more to it than that?

I heard he used Pronamel and it all cleared up on its own.

Date: May 12, 2015 02:35

Bsebastian
stones2000

I've edited my post, I accidentally posted it before I finished. I was more curious about if his chipped tooth was actually chipped or if he just blacked it out

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: May 12, 2015 02:45

stones2000
Bsebastian
stones2000

I've edited my post, I accidentally posted it before I finished. I was more curious about if his chipped tooth was actually chipped or if he just blacked it out

I think it just rotted out along with the rest of his teeth. He talks about it in his book life, says by the end of the 70's he had ruined all his teeth. So either he's got dentures or implants. In any case he did get an upgrade a few years ago, his chompers are different now than they were a few years back.

peace

Date: May 12, 2015 02:51

Naturalust
stones2000
Bsebastian
stones2000

I think it just rotted out along with the rest of his teeth. He talks about it in his book life, says by the end of the 70's he had ruined all his teeth. So either he's got dentures or implants. In any case he did get an upgrade a few years ago, his chompers are different now than they were a few years back.

peace

Ah, ok! Thank you for the great answer. I finished reading life a few weeks ago, actually

Posted by: donvis ()
Date: May 12, 2015 04:37

I bet dentures

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: May 12, 2015 04:40

Keith's are like a shark's teeth: When one tooth is damaged or lost, it is replaced by another. As a tooth is broken or worn down, it falls out and is replaced by a tooth in the next row. The sets of teeth rotate forward and a new tooth forms in the rear.

Posted by: ab ()
Date: May 12, 2015 04:40

My guess is veneers!

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: May 12, 2015 04:44

From time to time, we all wonder about Keith's teeth here: [www.iorr.org]

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: May 12, 2015 04:49

schillid
Keith's are like a shark's teeth: When one tooth is damaged or lost, it is replaced by another. As a tooth is broken or worn down, it falls out and is replaced by a tooth in the next row. The sets of teeth rotate forward and a new tooth forms in the rear.

Wow, I can really picture this, sorta like a cartoon conveyor belt of teeth shifting through his mouth. I'm worried now that I'll never be able to look at Keith Richsrds again without trying to peer into the teeth machine. eye popping smiley

Posted by: alieb ()
Date: May 12, 2015 04:56

donvis
I bet dentures

I'm trying to picture Keith with no teeth... he would literally look like a skeleton

Date: May 12, 2015 10:32

The present set of "teeth" is very different from his earlier sets. Bigger, whiter and more Hollywood smiling smiley

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: May 12, 2015 10:35

latebloomer
schillid

Wow, I can really picture this, sorta like a cartoon conveyor belt of teeth shifting through his mouth. I'm worried now that I'll never be able to look at Keith Richsrds again without trying to peer into the teeth machine. eye popping smiley

you guys are awesome smiling smiley

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: May 12, 2015 10:53

No other musician has such entertaining teeth. cool smiley

Date: May 12, 2015 10:58

Aquamarine
No other musician has such entertaining teeth. cool smiley

Shane McGowan, perhaps?

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: May 12, 2015 11:00

Naturalust

peace

I believe he got them fixed already by 1974-75. If you look at pics from '75 you can see that they look way better than just a year or two before. But he may have had to fix 'em again five years later as well. smiling smiley

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 12, 2015 11:11

schillid

This is not even...

...mah final form

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: May 12, 2015 11:46

schillid

sure thing ...

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 12, 2015 11:47

donvis
I bet dentures

No it was implants of course! Dentures are for 99%-ers like you or me.
irc he got a new smile for the 81 tour but the job was partly done = if you look at some pix from that era you see that beyond the "front row" there's nothing behind! eye popping smiley

Date: May 12, 2015 11:48

schillid

this rings true.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: May 12, 2015 11:50

[/quote]

Ah, ok! Thank you for the great answer. I finished reading life a few weeks ago, actually[/quote]

Then how didn't you know the answer to your own question??

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: May 12, 2015 11:54

What a hilarious topic again, next only to Keith's Hair or Keith's Ear Gear.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-12 11:56 by dead.flowers.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 12, 2015 11:56

bitusa2012

Ah, ok! Thank you for the great answer. I finished reading life a few weeks ago, actually[/quote]

Then how didn't you know the answer to your own question??[/quote]

stones2000 sounds like a smart fella who won't make the mistake to take everything in Life at face value.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: May 12, 2015 12:04

Keith and Anita deliberately chose not to restore their teeth once their heroin addiction caused them to rot. They felt that dental maintenance was a bourgeois value. However, he went to Switzerland in 1974 and had a complete dental restoration. (Anita also had her teeth restored; not sure of the date.) I can't imagine how they even put crowns on his deteriorated teeth. So maybe he was fitted with dentures. Now I imagine he has implants, which are like real teeth.

Date: May 12, 2015 12:06

Bliss
Keith and Anita deliberately chose not to restore their teeth once their heroin addiction-lifestyle caused them to rot. They felt that dental maintenance was a bourgeois value. However, he went to Switzerland in 1974 and had a complete dental restoration. (Anita also had her teeth restored; not sure of the date.) I can't imagine how they even put crowns on his deteriorated teeth. So maybe he was fitted with dentures. Now I imagine he has implants, which are like real teeth.

Heroin doesn't make your teeth rot alone.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: May 12, 2015 12:09

True, Keith's teeth were never what you would call strong and healthy-looking, although Anita's were. Apparently heroin reduces saliva production and that is what causes teeth to deteriorate, in addition to users' well-known general self-neglect including their teeth, of course.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-12 12:10 by Bliss.

Date: May 12, 2015 12:11

Bliss
True, Keith's teeth were never what you would call strong and healthy-looking, although Anita's were. Apparently heroin reduces saliva production and that is what causes teeth to deteriorate, in addition to users' well-known general self-neglect including their teeth, of course.

never knew the reason. amazing.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: May 12, 2015 12:12

He's got teeth like a American president these Days...those were the Days when the Rocker Keith were smiling:

2 1 2 0

Date: May 12, 2015 12:18

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1761
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home