Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819...LastNext
Current Page: 14 of 25
Re: Rolling Stones LA rehearsals - May 2015
Posted by: taz22 ()
Date: May 14, 2015 14:03

I don't care of having to know where they are rehearsing, I wouldn't be going to LA just to stand on a sidewalk.

BUT......it would be nice to have an idea of some of the songs they are rehearsing, I cannot for the life of me see any reason why the stones would be upset that a few songs 'for the real fans' get posted on this board. My goodness, the number of concerts we have attended and the $$$ we have spent to see them numerous times, should at minimum by use some insider info.

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: May 14, 2015 16:06

Cool, appreaciate the updates. Nothing to see or hear but limos and paparazzies.

The real reports will come soon...
10 days until the REAL DEAL
5-7 days until maybe B I N G O ! !

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-14 17:28 by Leonioid.

Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: May 14, 2015 16:55

I can't get to LA, unlike Paris, but with BV's photo and the clues above I just found the studio - well it makes for great fun sat at home with Google on a wet day in England!!

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 14, 2015 16:56

thecitadel
I can't get to LA, unlike Paris, but with BV's photo and the clues above I just found the studio - well it makes for great fun sat at home with Google on a wet day in England!!

In other words you went on a ride with Google Street View

Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: May 14, 2015 16:58

Nikkei
thecitadel

In other words you went on a ride with Google Street View

exactly!

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: May 14, 2015 17:12

Althought it would be nice to meet some fans outside the studio, personally I don't feel interested at all about knowing where they are rehearsing. If the fans outside the studio could at least listen to what they're playing or maybe be invited to watch them play, like some fans had their luck in Paris last year, I would change my mind. But by reading some posts here we can see that's not the case.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: May 14, 2015 17:19

That picture says everything. But all I care is about the music, I am not going to spend hours on the pavement for a glimpse of the vehicle.

I don't think it's that the band cares if any songs leak since only a few die hards are paying attention anyway, it's probably all about what studio is available right now.

Even a different room at the Burbank location and you can't hear anything on the street.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: May 14, 2015 17:25

Thanks for the updates and insights, bv.

They are appreciated.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: May 14, 2015 17:27

Wasn't there a story floating around about making a blues album when they got to LA? Could it be that they indeed are rehearsing and doing the album?? Hope so...

Posted by: strat72 ()
Date: May 14, 2015 18:03

Maindefender
Wasn't there a story floating around about making a blues album when they got to LA? Could it be that they indeed are rehearsing and doing the album?? Hope so...

Erm... No, don't be silly! They're rehearsing....

Start me up
Brown Sugar
Paint it black
Happy
SFTD (They have to make sure they are in time with the backing track)
Maybe one rarity. Only maybe though.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: May 14, 2015 18:11

strat72
Maindefender

Start me up
Brown Sugar
Paint it black
Happy

Silly comes naturally to me…..lol

Posted by: strat72 ()
Date: May 14, 2015 18:19

Maindefender
strat72
Maindefender

Start me up
Brown Sugar
Paint it black
Happy

Silly comes naturally to me…..lol

Hey, I wish they were in there cutting some blues tracks. This is The Stones though, not Dylan or Neil Young. The Stones are very conservative in what they do now!

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: May 14, 2015 18:29

Dan
That picture says everything. But all I care is about the music, I am not going to spend hours on the pavement for a glimpse of the vehicle.

I don't think it's that the band cares if any songs leak since only a few die hards are paying attention anyway, it's probably all about what studio is available right now.

Even a different room at the Burbank location and you can't hear anything on the street.

Coincidentally they're close to that location...

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: May 14, 2015 18:35

Gotta love it....saying it without saying itgrinning smiley

...again, seeing limos with tinted windows driving by doesn't interest me. Although hanging out with other IORR's might....

Date: May 14, 2015 19:16

BluzDude
Gotta love it....saying it without saying itgrinning smiley

...again, seeing limos with tinted windows driving by doesn't interest me. Although hanging out with other IORR's might....

And the boys like that too when they drive back to the hotel. A dozen or so fans (who mostly already have tickets) outside waiting is much better than those autograph hunters.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: May 14, 2015 20:33

Dreamer

And the boys like that too when they drive back to the hotel. A dozen or so fans (who mostly already have tickets) outside waiting is much better than those autograph hunters.

It's night. They can't see out the tinted windows.

Many hours and days (to quote Robert Plant) were spent finding the venue, with no input from the Stones camp. It is an ugly part of town, nothing to see or do or hear. Anyone else is welcome to put in a similar amount of hard work. (Or to get a life!)

And in these days of instant gratification, we can all look forward to being genuinely surprised when they roll out the songs at Petco.

Posted by: donnarq1 ()
Date: May 14, 2015 20:36

The cat is out of the bag. Will only consider going down there if fans are iinvited in for rehearsal...don't want to just hang around on the street.

Date: May 14, 2015 20:43

DeanGoodman
Dreamer

It's night. They can't see out the tinted windows.

Many hours and days (to quote Robert Plant) were spent finding the venue, with no input from the Stones camp. It is an ugly part of town, nothing to see or do or hear. Anyone else is welcome to put in a similar amount of hard work. (Or to get a life!)

And in these days of instant gratification, we can all look forward to being genuinely surprised when they roll out the songs at Petco.

You're up early...needed some instant gratification?

Posted by: chevysales ()
Date: May 15, 2015 00:58

Gfmsoccer
You guys act like the Stones are boy band. they're in their 70's.
they don't give a @#$%& who knows where they rehearse. Was it an issue in 2013, when we all knew? No! a few fans waited outside, 100's of yards away and just listened. Nobody was bothered at all. In fact Ronnie & Charlie walked out of the studio and signed autographs for fans on the sidewalk.

So this childish nonsense that their aging fans are going to bother them is stupid. If the Paparazzi didn't show up in 2013, they aren't going to now.
Their after young celebs, not the Stones. The Stones pay millions to have
an entourage protect them, they aren't bothered one bit that we still care
to follow them.

totally agree with you. been to 63 shows the first being Gator Bowl (Florida) Aug 2nd 1975 with JGeils Band, Atlanta Rhythm Section, Rufus with Chaka Khan... 63 shows later 4 of them club shows and can't believe the big secret paparazzi? Mick was feeding them before many of you all were born. No biggie I got Orlando and Buffalo. And yea Shelly Lazar (MFTQ) was helpful in her day too....

Posted by: massmick ()
Date: May 15, 2015 17:05

Seems to me that they may not want it to get out that they are not rehersing anything 'special'. We may see a carrot or two during the first couple shows in an attempt to garner late sales. Just the same old same old...but I like it.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: May 15, 2015 17:17

Just speculating but possibly the reason they're secluded this time is that they do indeed know that reports and snippets will be posted, favorable and otherwise, and they may want to maintain an element of surprise if they are indeed practicing and fine tuning Sticky Fingers all the way through. Sure hope so.

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: May 15, 2015 17:22

bleedingman
Just speculating but possibly the reason they're secluded this time is that they do indeed know that reports and snippets will be posted, favorable and otherwise, and they may want to maintain an element of surprise if they are indeed practicing and fine tuning Sticky Fingers all the way through. Sure hope so.

This is my belief.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: May 15, 2015 17:46

Woz
bleedingman

This is my belief.

Not that much of a surprise since Mick said in an interview they were considering doing just that. But it's possible they aren't keen for folks to know just how much effort that might take for them in 2015. Lots of guitar work on that record that really needs to be played just right.

peace

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: May 15, 2015 18:36

Naturalust
Woz
bleedingman

This is my belief.

Not that much of a surprise since Mick said in an interview they were considering doing just that. But it's possible they aren't keen for folks to know just how much effort that might take for them in 2015. Lots of guitar work on that record that really needs to be played just right.

peace

Agreed that it's a combibation of all of the above. The secretive nature suggests that *something* is up.

My glass is always half full.....hope nobody spills it LOL! smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-15 18:37 by Woz.

Posted by: clapton71 ()
Date: May 15, 2015 19:10

I don't see any gems. With an outdoor show how can they get intimate with the crowd? Should anticipate SOSL.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 15, 2015 19:46

massmick
Seems to me that they may not want it to get out that they are not rehersing anything 'special'. We may see a carrot or two during the first couple shows in an attempt to garner late sales. Just the same old same old...but I like it.

It's either this or the exact opposite... that something special is cooking up.

Posted by: kate2 ()
Date: May 15, 2015 19:46

I believe they will add a couple songs, as a tribute to BB King.

Date: May 15, 2015 20:03

clapton71
I don't see any gems. With an outdoor show how can they get intimate with the crowd? Should anticipate SOSL.

Well,Jagger said in a recent interview that they plan to do at least 1 or 2 songs that they have never done before. That's in addition to 'Sticky Fingers' album tracks that they have played ..... but not often.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 15, 2015 20:05

kate2
I believe they will add a couple songs, as a tribute to BB King.

.. or they'll play "I Got The Blues" once for the whole tour (during the "secret" show on May 20) and they'll dedicate the song to him?

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: May 15, 2015 21:02

There is a new Facebook Group dedicated to The ZIPCODE tour. There is also an event page for each show and the Burbank rehearsals

[www.facebook.com]

You can post all the friendly information you want including locations, hotels or anything pertaining to the tour only.

Unlike BV, my time with The Stones has taught me that in their latter years, they want as much hysteria as possible (it's helps with ticket sales).

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819...LastNext
Current Page: 14 of 25

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1306
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home