Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415...LastNext
Current Page: 10 of 25
Re: Rolling Stones LA rehearsals - May 2015
Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: May 12, 2015 22:58

alieb
frankotero
Really like the idea of streaming rehearsals. That way they could satisfy us fans by playing rarities they won't do at shows. Actually it's borderline genius, I would gladly pay to see/or mostly hear it. I love stuff like Extreme Western Grip. Hope Mick or management is reading this.

Or anyone that has twitter could tweet it to him!

No way is that ever going to happen, possibly some highlights after the shows but it would give too much information about the upcoming shows, possibly show the band in a somewhat imperfect light and break the mythology, suspense and intrigue that accompanies a Rolling Stones show. Rehearsals are to work out the kinks and kinks are not what the RS want to project, imo.

peace

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 12, 2015 22:59

alieb
frankotero
Really like the idea of streaming rehearsals. That way they could satisfy us fans by playing rarities they won't do at shows. Actually it's borderline genius, I would gladly pay to see/or mostly hear it. I love stuff like Extreme Western Grip. Hope Mick or management is reading this.

Well, I tried:

@MickJagger Hey Mick? The IORR Stones Fan Community is nicely asking if you would consider videostreaming your rehearsals online? It would be fascinating to see what you're doing.

Posted by: alieb ()
Date: May 12, 2015 23:02

Naturalust
alieb
frankotero

No way is that ever going to happen, possibly some highlights after the shows but it would give too much information about the upcoming shows, possibly show the band in a somewhat imperfect light and break the mythology, suspense and intrigue that accompanies a Rolling Stones show. Rehearsals are to work out the kinks and kinks are not what the RS want to project, imo.

peace

probably true but it can't hurt to try, can it? I doubt he even reads any of his @ replies but there were a lot of good song requests in there.

Date: May 12, 2015 23:03

There's his PR guy skimming through the responses and maybe taking notes.

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: May 12, 2015 23:05

Or at least when they get to the point where they would allow the fans who have been hanging around outside the rehearsals for a week... AND WILL ALLOW THEM INSIDE for a short show like they did before, in oslo I think, they could stream that for us online.

Not that I am Jonesing for a LIVE Stones fix or anything

Date: May 12, 2015 23:08

Nikkei
alieb
frankotero

Well, I tried:

@MickJagger Hey Mick? The IORR Stones Fan Community is nicely asking if you would consider videostreaming your rehearsals online? It would be fascinating to see what you're doing.
Nice work!!! Cheers!!!

And remember... anyone who pooh poohed this streaming idea and is saying it is a bad idea and/or will never happen... if it ever does, you need to man up and NOT watch any of it, because you didnt want it to happen, right?

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: May 12, 2015 23:12

Leonioid
Nikkei
alieb
frankotero

Well, I tried:

Nice work!!! Cheers!!!

And remember... anyone who pooh poohed this streaming idea and is saying it is a bad idea and/or will never happen... if it ever does, you need to man up and NOT watch any of it, because you didnt want it to happen, right?

Hey I would love to see it as much as anybody, not pooh poohing the idea just pointing out why it will never happen. If you read my posts above you will see I said I would love to see a rehearsal, what Stone's fan wouldn't?

peace

Date: May 12, 2015 23:16

Naturalust
Leonioid
Nikkei
alieb
frankotero

Well, I tried:

Nice work!!! Cheers!!!

Hey I would love to see it as much as anybody, not pooh poohing the idea just pointing out why it will never happen. If you read my posts above you will see I said I would love to see a rehearsal, what Stone's fan wouldn't?

Great to see you are onboard... I can see it happening. Mick loves this type of technology stuff. And I said in my first post that for sure they will keep part of it private... but maybe towards the end of the day, when they are going to knock out some full blown play throughs... LET EM RIP THIS JOINT!!! ONLINE STREAM... talk about a great way to hype up ticket sales.

Date: May 12, 2015 23:18

Here's a little rehearsal that's always nice to look at.
Since Bobby was not yet on scene, Ronnie emulates his solo on guitar.
Mick sings relaxed, but the effort is all the more remarkable for it.
Favourite improvised line: "to find your face so good" or something.

Posted by: Niek ()
Date: May 12, 2015 23:19

I can do that tweet now

(Always took candy from strangers)

Posted by: snarky ()
Date: May 12, 2015 23:23

lem motlow
snarky
Yeah but some girls was the bomb!

it was-but the point is no one knew the songs because it was so new and alot of people weren't happy.thats the lesson the band learned and we have to learn-its not about us,its about the huge crowds having fun.

i saw the 78 tour and loved it,but then i was most likely standing outside the store the day some girls was delivered.

someone said the twitter requests were overcrowded with requests for miss you,start me up and the like...thats because thats what people want to hear.they come to hear the stones play the songs they love-its not really a bad thing.

thats why im trying to get into this (phantom?) la show....u seen the setlist they did at the wiltern???

Date: May 12, 2015 23:23

Nikkei
video: [www.youtube.com]

Here's a little rehearsal that's always nice to look at.
Since Bobby was not yet on scene, Ronnie emulates his solo on guitar.
Mick sings relaxed, but the effort is all the more remarkable for it.
Favourite improvised line: "to find your face so good" or something.

YEAH!!!! LIKE THAT!!! I get a raging clue watching that... and indeed Mick being "not on"/not running around, it shows how cool it is when he is live in concert how berzerk he goes.

Hell I LOVE THAT REHEARSAL... AND IT IS TEN YEARS OLD... lol...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-12 23:24 by Leonioid.

Date: May 12, 2015 23:26

Niek
I can do that tweet now
Do it!!
The MOAR the BETTER :)

Date: May 12, 2015 23:28

Done.
It was too long so I have to make it shorter.
@MickJagger #IORR fans is asking if you would consider videostreaming your rehearsals online? It would fascinating to see what you are doing

[twitter.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-12 23:29 by Niek.

Date: May 12, 2015 23:37

Niek
Done.
@MickJagger #IORR fans is asking if you would consider videostreaming your rehearsals online? It would fascinating to see what you are doing

[twitter.com]

NICE!!! CHEERS!!!

Im getting a clue...

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: May 12, 2015 23:39

LOVE IT!
One never knows...

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: May 12, 2015 23:43

Niek
Done.

[twitter.com]

+ 1. winking smiley

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: May 12, 2015 23:51

Hope we get this. At least to listen to a few rarities without over production or extra musicians. Just The Stones playing good rock and roll would be very exciting.

Posted by: benroyblenkle ()
Date: May 12, 2015 23:52

Washington and Broadway -----Los Angeles

Posted by: benroyblenkle ()
Date: May 12, 2015 23:55

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: May 13, 2015 00:02

Cristiano Radtke
Niek
Done.

[twitter.com]

+ 1. winking smiley

thumbs up
Tweeting is not my thing, but I certainly have a song I'd like to bring to the attention of MICK for the 2015 ZipCode rehearsals and it is....@#$%& BLUES!
Yes indeed. Perfect song to fit the STICKY FINGERS area. Shame it is not included on the bonus CD

Date: May 13, 2015 00:07

benroyblenkle

Niek
Done.

[twitter.com]

Hey Niek, I just seen your Pinkpop pics on Twitter. Nice Shots! This one fits great with Benroyblenkle's just now:

Posted by: Gfmsoccer ()
Date: May 13, 2015 00:16

So this Rehearsal thread isn't giving us any info on the current rehearsals.

Does anyone know where they are taking place, besides some studio in LA?

Does anyone know what they are rehearsing? They have a huge entourage & crew, so somebody in LA has these answers. Please share.

Date: May 13, 2015 00:18

Nikkei, thanks. Beautiful streetart.
It seems so long ago, pinkpop. That hot day with the Stones in top form.
Just made that twitteraccount for the concerts in Europe.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: May 13, 2015 00:26

benroyblenkle

Great part of towngrinning smiley

Posted by: soulrob ()
Date: May 13, 2015 02:08

Cocaine Eyes;

Thanks for the kind words.

The other club gig I was referring to was the Echoplex. Also saw the Wiltern Theatre show in 2002 and Radio City Music Hall and the Beacon Shows in 2006 and dozens of others going back to 1972. Most recent was Stockholm last summer.

Hopefully you can email me before I head to Los Angeles next Tuesday.

All the best,

Rob

Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: May 13, 2015 05:51

I have to disagree with the notion that the Twitter suggestions are for warhorses only. Here are some:

One Hit To The Body
Stray Cat Blues
Hitch Hike
Moonlight Mile
Jiving Sister Fanny
Loving Cup
19th Nervous Breakdown
Memory Motel
Suck On The Jugular
Fingerprint File
Jigsaw Puzzle
I Got The Blues
Down In The Hole
Torn And Frayed
Silver Train
Little Red Rooster
Dead Flowers
Sway
2000 Light Years From Home
Dear Doctor
Let It Loose
Time Waits For No One
Melody
Soul Survivor
Hand Of Fate
Slave
Mixed Emotions

I think the Stones could do a crowd pleasing kick ass show even without the warhorses. Heck, if any one of those songs showed up during a show, I'd totally plotz.

Posted by: snarky ()
Date: May 13, 2015 06:17

jahisnotdead
I have to disagree with the notion that the Twitter suggestions are for warhorses only. Here are some:

One Hit To The Body
Stray Cat Blues
Hitch Hike
Moonlight Mile
Jiving Sister Fanny
Loving Cup
19th Nervous Breakdown
Memory Motel
Suck On The Jugular
Fingerprint File
Jigsaw Puzzle
I Got The Blues
Down In The Hole
Torn And Frayed
Silver Train
Little Red Rooster
Dead Flowers
Sway
2000 Light Years From Home
Dear Doctor
Let It Loose
Time Waits For No One
Melody
Soul Survivor
Hand Of Fate
Slave
Mixed Emotions

I think the Stones could do a crowd pleasing kick ass show even without the warhorses. Heck, if any one of those songs showed up during a show, I'd totally plotz.

wow! all really good suggestions!!!..i agree about warhorses...maybe they will play some of these at la show

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: May 13, 2015 06:26

They blew their chance at 'Time Waits For No One' since Mick Taylor's gone.

Maybe it's not the kind of song subject a bunch of guys in their 70's want to be playing - especially in front of 50 000 people.

One might see it as a bit of a downer, as opposed to 'Time is on My Side', which it does indeed seem to be (for them, for now).

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: May 13, 2015 08:02

There's no list of rehearsed songs?

JumpingKentFlash

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415...LastNext
Current Page: 10 of 25

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1579
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10