Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 5 of 6
Re: Keith Richards interview Rolling Stone, April 9
Posted by: BILLPERKS ()
Date: April 11, 2015 01:00

It is quite sad to me how feeble Keith has become.
Totally out of the loop & just sad.

Does anyone really think he could carry on a solo tour?

Maybe a few shows with guests to help the vocals but who are we kidding?

Time waits for no one.

Date: April 11, 2015 01:01

Naturalust
DandelionPowderman
kleermaker
Stoneburst
DandelionPowderman
I was approached by a personal friend of a certain someone in the band I'm now accused of not believing Mick Taylor is ill!

This is enough – talk about shooting the piano player – I won't participate in ANY debate about illness, pr, drama queens, Mick Taylor etc etc from now on.

Not that this means anything, but you know why anyway!

Eh?

So a friend of Jagger accused you of not believing that Taylor is ill, Dandy? Is that what you're trying to say? Wow, that's a capital crime indeed. Time to hide away Dandy in order to avoid proper punishment. smiling smiley

A friend of Keith's.

Hoping you can develop some thicker skin on this one bro. Say what you want without caring what singular posters think about it. I appreciate your comments and the last thing we need here is posters like yourself being intimidated to modify or limit their contributions.

I get the feeling kleerie just gets a big smile when people try to gut him. grinning smiley

peace

It's no big deal, but why the @#$%& drama? Pardon the expression, but I'm sick of it. Tele71 and I have been filled in with info from different camps, obviously. Only with different "patients". It's ridiculous.

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: April 11, 2015 01:04

DandelionPowderman
Naturalust
DandelionPowderman
kleermaker
Stoneburst
DandelionPowderman
I was approached by a personal friend of a certain someone in the band I'm now accused of not believing Mick Taylor is ill!

This is enough – talk about shooting the piano player – I won't participate in ANY debate about illness, pr, drama queens, Mick Taylor etc etc from now on.

Not that this means anything, but you know why anyway!

Eh?

So a friend of Jagger accused you of not believing that Taylor is ill, Dandy? Is that what you're trying to say? Wow, that's a capital crime indeed. Time to hide away Dandy in order to avoid proper punishment. smiling smiley

A friend of Keith's.

Hoping you can develop some thicker skin on this one bro. Say what you want without caring what singular posters think about it. I appreciate your comments and the last thing we need here is posters like yourself being intimidated to modify or limit their contributions.

I get the feeling kleerie just gets a big smile when people try to gut him. grinning smiley

peace

It's no big deal, but why the @#$%& drama? Pardon the expression, but I'm sick of it. Tele71 and I have been filled in with info from different camps, obviously. Only with different "patients". It's ridiculous.

Just start asking yourself WHY and you'll understand soon...

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: April 11, 2015 01:33

sundevil

keith don't know this, don't know that, doesn't face reality. the reality is mick taylor wasn't that great. he also quit in 1974. bill was right, you can't go back.

Maybe you can't go back, but from what I can hear with Bill playing bass with them again in 2012, they sounded better.

Posted by: fuzzbox ()
Date: April 11, 2015 01:55

24FPS
sundevil

keith don't know this, don't know that, doesn't face reality. the reality is mick taylor wasn't that great. he also quit in 1974. bill was right, you can't go back.

Maybe you can't go back, but from what I can hear with Bill playing bass with them again in 2012, they sounded better.

HTW and IORR are much the same with or without him.

Posted by: EasterMan ()
Date: April 11, 2015 01:56

BILLPERKS
It is quite sad to me how feeble Keith has become.
Totally out of the loop & just sad.

Does anyone really think he could carry on a solo tour?

Maybe a few shows with guests to help the vocals but who are we kidding?

Time waits for no one.

I love your negativity! >grinning smiley<

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-11 02:00 by EasterMan.

Date: April 11, 2015 02:35

BILLPERKS without capital letters for the first time on IORR?

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: April 11, 2015 04:10

DandelionPowderman

His subscription RAN OUT.
Fear not...He has a free extension at RO

GOT IT?

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: April 11, 2015 04:33

fuzzbox
24FPS
sundevil

HTW and IORR are much the same with or without him.

My ears told me the band sounded funkier with Bill on Honky Tonky Women. Yes, his bass is not prominent in the song, but the rhythm section just sounds more authentic.

Posted by: BILLPERKS ()
Date: April 11, 2015 06:19

DandelionPowderman

GROWING OLD GRACEFULLY.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: April 11, 2015 06:33

I'm sure its been brought up...

but the irony that Keith was so angry at Mick for treating the Stones like a side project in the 80s, to now basically having no control whatsoever. In the 80s, Mick comes back with a vengeance and basically says "OK, you don't like that I do other things? I'll basically make this band mine, run everything, and show you how much attention I can give The Rolling Stones."

Its amazing how much has changed in 30 years that Keith's becoming pretty much as disposable as any member of the band and basically stumbling his way through tour to tour.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: April 11, 2015 07:40

BILLPERKS
DandelionPowderman

GROWING OLD GRACEFULLY.

Don't do it - it doesn't suit you. smiling smiley

Date: April 11, 2015 08:34

RollingFreak
I'm sure its been brought up...

but the irony that Keith was so angry at Mick for treating the Stones like a side project in the 80s, to now basically having no control whatsoever. In the 80s, Mick comes back with a vengeance and basically says "OK, you don't like that I do other things? I'll basically make this band mine, run everything, and show you how much attention I can give The Rolling Stones."

Its amazing how much has changed in 30 years that Keith's becoming pretty much as disposable as any member of the band and basically stumbling his way through tour to tour.

That's probably how they agreed to do things in 89...

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: April 11, 2015 09:51

Nikkei
People going all berzerk about Keiths latest interview.
Amazing how nothing in the world really changes.

Truly!

Re: Keith Richards talking to RollingStone.com : New solo cd in September
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: April 11, 2015 10:16

latebloomer
Not much news here? Oh well...Keith still looks like the coolest grandaddy of rock and roll. smoking smiley

That beautiful photo is by Mark Seliger. He photographed the Stones in a really similar setting in 2005 -
he seems to enjoy seeing Keith's feet on antique-esque sofas :E

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-11 11:30 by with sssoul.

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: April 11, 2015 14:17

Keith doesn't drink like he used to and the interviews he gives now are more mellow, less ego driven.Keith seems to be happy.
Rock and roll,
Mops

Keith Richards wants to make a new Rolling Stones album
Posted by: steffiestones ()
Date: April 11, 2015 13:36

Keith Richards has a solo album completed, and says the Rolling Stones have been talking about making a new album. In an interview with Rolling Stone, the guitarist said: “We’re talking about doing some recording after this tour, but there’s nothing definite. We just threw out the idea. I’d like to get the boys back in the studio again.”
As for his solo record, which would be his third – following 1988’s Talk Is Cheap and 1992’s Main Offender – Richards says: “We’re looking for the right time slot to bring it out. The Stones have been working so much lately that I’ve been holding off until we could find a reasonable time. I think it’s September, but I don’t know for sure.”
Richards wouldn’t be drawn on the possibility of the band playing their 1971 album Sticky Fingers in its entirety on their upcoming US tour. He said the notion had been “kicked around” but that it “wasn’t my idea”. However, he said, “I’d like to give it a try.”

The guardian.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-11 13:37 by steffiestones.

Posted by: 751st ()
Date: April 11, 2015 17:24

KR probably doesn't give a f\&# what anyone thinks other than his family and band mates. He's KR a rolling stone always has been don't cha know.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: April 11, 2015 17:32

Always a Has-been?

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: April 11, 2015 19:15

I heard Keith was ill.
Why doesn't KR say anything about his own health?

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: April 11, 2015 19:46

proudmary
I heard Keith was ill.
Why doesn't KR say anything about his own health?

I pray this isn't true but details would be welcome.

I imagine speaking about his frailty goes too much against the indestructible image he has cultured for so long and he often does speak in those term about his health.

peace

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: April 11, 2015 20:12

Keith's Taylor comment is maybe a very clumsy way of his trying to make it look like they weren't rejecting Taylor for the tour; that the ball is more in Taylor's court than it is. Like when a not-hot girl (or guy) pursues you and you want to reject her without it looking like you're rejecting her, and the lamest excuses come to mind and sometimes out of your mouth. "Oh, I heard you had to study the night of the school's formal dance..." >>> KEITH: "I'm not sure if he's available..." <<<

Keith Richards wants to make a new Rolling Stones album
Posted by: steffiestones ()
Date: April 11, 2015 18:54

Keith Richards has a solo album completed, and says the Rolling Stones have been talking about making a new album. In an interview with Rolling Stone, the guitarist said: “We’re talking about doing some recording after this tour, but there’s nothing definite. We just threw out the idea. I’d like to get the boys back in the studio again.”
As for his solo record, which would be his third – following 1988’s Talk Is Cheap and 1992’s Main Offender – Richards says: “We’re looking for the right time slot to bring it out. The Stones have been working so much lately that I’ve been holding off until we could find a reasonable time. I think it’s September, but I don’t know for sure.”
Richards wouldn’t be drawn on the possibility of the band playing their 1971 album Sticky Fingers in its entirety on their upcoming US tour. He said the notion had been “kicked around” but that it “wasn’t my idea”. However, he said, “I’d like to give it a try.”

The Guardian.

Re: Keith Richards wants to make a new Rolling Stones album
Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: April 11, 2015 20:30

Sorry, Keith CAN'T make a new Rolling Stones album. I wish he could.

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: April 11, 2015 21:09

Title5Take1
Keith's Taylor comment is maybe a very clumsy way of his trying to make it look like they weren't rejecting Taylor for the tour; that the ball is more in Taylor's court than it is. Like when a not-hot girl (or guy) pursues you and you want to reject her without it looking like you're rejecting her, and the lamest excuses come to mind and sometimes out of your mouth. "Oh, I heard you had to study the night of the school's formal dance..." >>> KEITH: "I'm not sure if he's available..." <<<

Right. Mick's answer to the same question was a cruel but honest:
"I don't think so. We're not. Not on this tour."
not giving any clues to -- why.
while Keith tries to be nice and gives somekind eye rolling smiley of explanation.
yeah, clumsy.

Posted by: LuxuryStones ()
Date: April 11, 2015 21:45

Title5Take1
KEITH: "I'm not sure if he's available..." <<<

Why not? Maybe Taylor is just occcupied.

Posted by: chatoyancy ()
Date: April 12, 2015 10:05

Mick Taylor isn't in the band.

Posted by: LuxuryStones ()
Date: April 12, 2015 11:29

Obviously

Re: Keith new solo cd in september
Posted by: indystonesfan ()
Date: April 12, 2015 14:51

gotdablouse
mr edward
Keith really sounds like an employee...

By all accounts he's been one since 1989...hasn't been a bad ride for him though, so...

Not sure he can tour behind that album but he should definitely get Taylor on stage with him if he does! Keith/Wachtel/Taylor, how cool would that be!

1989? How about 1977/1978 Toronto fiasco? I would not go so far as to say just an employee but that's is when Mick with Charlie and Ronnie pulled the band and Keith through the darkness and into a corporate structure that protected the brand that is the Rolling Stones.. IMO.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: April 12, 2015 15:25

It is really hard for me to believe that there is anyone who has followed this band for more than five minutes that doesn't realize that this is all hype, or believes for one second that the state of Mick Taylor's health has anything to do with why he was not asked on this tour (his novelty value -- and that is all it was -- wore off. MJ never wanted him back in the band, never wanted him to play on the songs the fans wanted, never wanted the fans to notice how good they were with him). Give me a break. Did Keith actually sit down with someone or were the questions faxed back and forth with a PR rep?

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 5 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1822
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home