Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456
Current Page: 6 of 6
Re: Keith Richards interview Rolling Stone, April 9
Posted by: brownsugar86 ()
Date: April 12, 2015 23:25

"And with stadiums you've always got the weather to deal with. God joins the band in one form or another."

Coincidentally I was reading a Keith cover issue of Mojo magazine from 1998 the other day and he said roughly the same quote winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-12 23:25 by brownsugar86.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: April 13, 2015 16:42

brownsugar86
"And with stadiums you've always got the weather to deal with. God joins the band in one form or another."

Coincidentally I was reading a Keith cover issue of Mojo magazine from 1998 the other day and he said roughly the same quote winking smiley

It's in a few Stones books as well! It's the same as 'It's good to be here...' - total stock saying.

Date: April 13, 2015 16:51

Come on! "God joins the band" - how cool is that? Not

Posted by: wellalright ()
Date: April 13, 2015 19:49

he seems to have absolutely nothing to say. #autopilot

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 15, 2015 18:27

In happier days...Keith diggin' Taylor's playing at the O2 :

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-15 18:28 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: sanQ ()
Date: April 18, 2015 09:16

I wonder how hard it must be for them to continue performing? There has to be a lot of pain going on in their joints and backs, especially for Keith and Charlie.

Charlie seems like he'd readily retire even though he seems physically strong still from swinging the sticks. But maybe I'm wrong.

Keith seems like he could easily retire soon.

Mick Jagger and Ronnie still have quite a bit of energy. Mick Taylor seems like he was re-energized and has quite a bit left in the tank but was underutilized. Compared to his first show back with them to his last show with them, he was looking a lot healthier and lost some weight. It's a shame it didn't continue.

Like what is there left for Keith to accomplish? Not much. He's done it all. He's slowing down.

Whatever the case, Keith Richards will always be one of the coolest, most inspiring people ever on the face of the planet. All good things must come to an end sometime. Someday, we're going to lose Keith and then we're all going to miss him terribly. I'd rather see him in any way, shape, or form...than not at all. Appreciate them while we still can is what I feel.

Posted by: sleepytom ()
Date: April 21, 2015 05:37

keith will never retire. can't wait to hear this new solo stuff. mick taylor never really fit live and he still didn't seem to when he was on stage during the 50 and counting tour. he was great on the classic records and they would have been much different without him but there is tension or something that is kind of a drag live... too bad alvin lee passed away... coulda given him another crack at the midnight rambler...

Goto Page: Previous123456
Current Page: 6 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1459
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home