Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Get Your Leeds Lungs Out!
Posted by: nmaillot ()
Date: July 13, 2005 16:55

Hi,

One question about one of the most incredible stones bootlegs:Get Your Leeds Lungs Out!.
Is there any version available with the first two songs of the show (ie. JJF and live with me) ? If not, is there a way to obtain them ?

Thanks,

nm

Re: Get Your Leeds Lungs Out!
Posted by: Esky ()
Date: July 13, 2005 16:59

To my knowledge the first 2 songs are non-existent - they were obviously played but have never surfaced.

And there is no way to obtain them.

If someone on this board knows that they are available - please let us know !!!

Posted by: S.T.P ()
Date: July 13, 2005 18:51

nmaillot Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi,
>
> One question about one of the most incredible
> stones bootlegs:Get Your Leeds Lungs Out!.

Hei! Just wanted to say that compared to other boots from this aera, the sound is very good indeed.-But, in terms of the performance( with the exception of a great "Love In Vain" and "Let It Rock") it's a pretty bad consert...

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: July 13, 2005 18:54

i don't think that's the general consensus at all. i have stones buddies who will content this represents the apex of the Stones from a performance standpoint. Not sure I'd go that far - but I think the Stones are definitely operating at a very high level on this show.

Posted by: Cafaro ()
Date: July 13, 2005 19:07

It's a weird disc becuase to me, the performances are great. The band is very tight and Mick is fired up but the banter between the songs and lack of strong audience noise and participation give it an almost sterile feel. It's like they played a great concert but there was no one there to see it. Most of the audience noise comes before Let It Rock.

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: July 13, 2005 19:10

This is an excellent recording that all fans should have in their possession. I first heard this on vinyl in 1977. I was touring Europe and North Africa after I got out of school and bought the LP in a Amsterdam flea market. Has a picture of Charlie on the cover. Anyway, this album went all over Europe with me (packed in multiple layers of cardboard and tape) and it took until I arrived in Morocco, Rabat to to be exact, before I had access to a turntable and could listen to it. At this time it was the finest bootleg recording of the Stones I had ever heard. I had Liver than you'll Ever Be and a Europe 73 double album, but that was it. So the Leeds show was simply a revelation. I think the Stones give a spirited performance and some songs stand out like Satisfaction and Let It Rock. I love the funked up soul sound they make on Satisfaction, and this version Let It Rock is probably the best ever recorded. Amazing that this LP was on the road with me for 5 months and to this day remains in cherry condition.

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: July 13, 2005 19:39

I'm with you on the version of Let It Rock Filstan. It's the best version I've ever heard and one of my favorite Stones/Keith performances!

Posted by: bruno ()
Date: July 13, 2005 20:10

Agree about Satisfaction and Let It Rock being great versions, especially the latter. But while this boot has gained a status of must-have between fans I don't think it's near the best Stones performances at all: in my opinion most of its fame it's due to the great sound quality and the fact that there aren't many performances from this Farewell Tour. I wouldn't compare the performance on this one with the average performance of the 72 Tour next year, for example.

[There'll be no wedding today...]

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: July 13, 2005 20:23

I read here before thet the show received bad reviewes at the time and that the audience was indeed very cold.

I agree that the performance is great yet not red hot as is in other occasions. It sounds like a relaxed rehearsal!!!

Indeed Satisfaction is great. By the way I tried to figure out how it is done some time ago. It seemed to me that the fingering (not the chords) is similar to Stray Cat in Ya Ya. Is there some capo there (also in Stray Cat)?

C

Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: July 13, 2005 21:27

the satisfaction GROOVE is the best and its with MR Taylor

Posted by: Steven ()
Date: July 13, 2005 21:53

Liked the version of Bitch.

10-7-70 Essen is a good boot as well.

Posted by: wisertime ()
Date: July 13, 2005 22:47

Don't forget "Stray Cat Blues" !!!

Posted by: Greg ()
Date: July 14, 2005 09:51

As I said before: a laid-back show, best to be enjoyed by the fireplace with a fine port and a good cigar.

----------------------------
"Music is the frozen tapioca in the ice chest of history."

"Shit!... No shit, awright!"

Posted by: Esky ()
Date: July 14, 2005 10:30

agreed! Definately laid back - lacking the full intensity of a New York '69 or a Europe 1970 show...

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: July 14, 2005 18:43

You guys are right about this show conveying a relaxed/ confident attitude from the band. Yes, there are MANY better concerts given by the Stones. The recording quality though is fantastic. This was a BBC feed wasn't it, and that's why the first songs were not included? Anyway, this boot has worn well and still sounds good after all these years. It rates high with me and shows what the boys could deliver back in the glory years.

Posted by: chippy ()
Date: July 15, 2005 05:52

the # 1 stray cat blues is on this laid back gem

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1910
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home