Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

New Album media playback
Posted by: CSD ()
Date: July 14, 2005 21:08

There is a playback of the new album for the media next week in London. UK release date set for September 5 according to Virgin.

Re: New Album media playback
Posted by: country honk ()
Date: July 14, 2005 22:56

That's on my 40 years birthday - great present together with a cosert trip to Soldier Field on Sept. 10...... can not be better....

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: July 14, 2005 23:21

LOl that's on my 26 birthday. We get a great birthday present indeed Country Honk!

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: July 14, 2005 23:31

this merely extends my labor day weekend (also MY birthday weekend) to a 5-dayer....

Posted by: lamemodem2 ()
Date: July 14, 2005 23:41

My birthday will be on the 1st, but I'll count the CD as a late present.

Posted by: bassplayer617 ()
Date: July 15, 2005 00:01

September 5 release, eh? Cool-- that means the band will be introducing new material in concert (other than "Oh No Not You Again") before the album is released?

Posted by: billwebster ()
Date: July 15, 2005 00:05

Thank you for info. The journalists will probably be writing lots of stuff, so there'll be a lot to read after that. And you're lucky with your new birthday presents in September. Mine is in February, and that's a time when the record companies still recover from their new release rush before Xmas.

Oh and now that there is a release date, the title won't be far away as well, I guess. At least that's the way it was like with Goddess in the Doorway. That title had been announced only during the last month before release. So we all can probably sit back and relax on the Manhattan Beach and get our tan just right, until some time in August when the real title will be revealed.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: July 15, 2005 00:47

and no doubt we'll have heard many if not all of these tracks (or at least samples) before the album is released. It's been many albums ago since I heard a new Stones album for the first time on release day.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 15, 2005 03:03

I had a tape of BTB about 3 weeks before it was released, and Keith's "main offender" album about 5 weeks in advance

maybe security is tighter this time around, after what happened with U2's album. I think at the listening party, they didnt play all of the songs, isnt that right? (they did that with Springsteens album too). I guess than minimizes the chances of someone pirating the whole album

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: July 15, 2005 04:35

billwebster Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
At least
> that's the way it was like with Goddess in the
> Doorway. That title had been announced only during
> the last month before release.

Well the press release for Goddess was in late August 2001 with the album name too and the first single debuted on the radio on October 9th. The album came out in November 20th.
The 40 Licks press release was on August 11 2002, Don't Stop debuted on the radio on August 26th and the album came out on October 1st.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1696
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home