Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Jo Wood Book
Posted by: john nicholls ()
Date: April 8, 2015 15:07

Just read Jo Wood book 'Hey Jo' and have to say i thoroughly enjoyed itsmiling smiley I thought she might take the chance to attack Ronnie but if anything it's the opposite considering what she had to put up with. Keith comes across as a very likeable person and the book is full of good stories about her life on the road with the band. Worth a read!!

John Nicholls

Re: Jo Wood Book
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 8, 2015 15:11

Be a good friend and read it ta Dean before he goes ta bye-bye's each night...

ROCKMAN

Date: April 8, 2015 15:25

Rockman
Be a good friend and read it ta Dean before he goes ta bye-bye's each night...

Love it Rockmansmiling smiley

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: April 8, 2015 16:15

Patty Boyd wrote a great book about her life with Eric Clapton and George Harrison. I prefer to read what the ladies (wives) write. Rather than a self serving auto-biography

Wonderful Tonight: George Harrison, Eric Clapton, and Me

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 9, 2015 00:08

.....and then when he's nearly in dream land ...KICK HIM IN THE ARSE FOR ME!!!!....HHHAAAAAAAA

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: April 9, 2015 00:30

triceratops
Patty Boyd wrote a great book about her life with Eric Clapton and George Harrison. I prefer to read what the ladies (wives) write. Rather than a self serving auto-biography

I thought Pattie's book was pretty boring and self-indulgent considering her time with both George and Ronnie, but it was better than Clapton's dreadful attempt at literature. I think Jo is a more interesting person in general and will look forward to reading it when I get the time.

As I've said before I sure wish Anita would write something, she was a powerful force during what was arguably the Stones most creative and bacchanal times and I'm still somewhat fascinated by her.

peace

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: April 9, 2015 10:57

Naturalust

As I've said before I sure wish Anita would write something, she was a powerful force during what was arguably the Stones most creative and bacchanal times and I'm still somewhat fascinated by her.

peace

Considering that since her modeling and acting days she has never had any income apart from what she is given by Keith, it is highly unlikely she would ever write a book.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: April 9, 2015 11:09

I don't know about wifes books but Freddie Seamans about Lennon is very good reading...

2 1 2 0

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: April 9, 2015 13:15

I have a hard time with Freddie Seaman's book. Firstly, he was convicted for stealing a lot of Lennon's personal property, including Lennon's journals. So I wonder about this book and it is interesting that Yoko was able to squash its publication, so it is no longer available. I haven't read it. I avoided it out of now wanting to support Fred's crimes. But I am interested in it.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: April 9, 2015 13:46

whitem8
I have a hard time with Freddie Seaman's book. Firstly, he was convicted for stealing a lot of Lennon's personal property, including Lennon's journals. So I wonder about this book and it is interesting that Yoko was able to squash its publication, so it is no longer available. I haven't read it. I avoided it out of now wanting to support Fred's crimes. But I am interested in it.

It amazed me that the Lennons didnt have a confidentiality agreement built inyo their employees contracts of employment.
Am sure Stones Inc have for all their team.
Having said that, Fred probably told a few more home truths about Johnny boy, far more than many of the rock journalists of the time....who just seemed to be in awe of Him.

Date: April 9, 2015 14:21

Rockman
.....and then when he's nearly in dream land ...KICK HIM IN THE ARSE FOR ME!!!!....HHHAAAAAAAA

Laugh I nearly diedsmiling smiley Consider it done Rockman next time i see him

John

Date: April 10, 2015 19:40

Worth readingsmiling smiley

John Nicholls

Posted by: Shantipole ()
Date: April 10, 2015 19:51

Bliss
Naturalust

peace

Considering that since her modeling and acting days she has never had any income apart from what she is given by Keith, it is highly unlikely she would ever write a book.

Wouldn't the fact that her income is limited be a reason to write a book?

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: April 10, 2015 19:58

I think the point is her income isn't limited because Keith is still her sugar daddy. So she probably has her own account he dumps cash into. He can afford it.

Posted by: vincentwhirlwind ()
Date: April 11, 2015 03:01

In Keith's book Life , didn't he mention something about Freddie Sessler having written a memoir? I'd like to see that!

Posted by: Plink ()
Date: April 11, 2015 07:34

Naturalust
peace

Below is an excerpt from a 2008 Guardian interview w/ Anita in which she addresses the subject of writing her autobiography:

She has had such an extraordinary life, it seems a pity that she won't write her autobiography. She signed a publishing contract at one point but gave up. 'The publishers want to hear only about the Stones and more dirt on Mick Jagger and I'm just not interested.' Maybe she had the wrong publisher? 'I had several publishers and they were all the same. They all wanted salacious. And everybody is writing autobiographies and that's one reason why I'm not going to do it. If young Posh Spice can write her autobiography, then I don't want to write one!'

full article here: [www.theguardian.com]

Date: April 11, 2015 08:05

Thanks Plink! Yep I agree she probably talked to the wrong publishers. A good one would have told her whatever was necessary to get her started and then coaxed her out of some damn interesting stories! winking smiley I'm surprised no one has written a book specifically about her for that matter.

The Stones, Robert Fraser, Brian, Marlon, Nellcote, Toronto, Life after Keith, addiction & recovery and romance stories, would each be worth the price. I could care less about dirt on Jagger. It just seems like there is so much she was at the epi-center of, it would be a shame if those stories weren't passed on from her perspective. Besides I thought Keith was pretty rough on her at times in Life as was Spanish Tony in his book. Also, she's has done so few actual interviews it's hard to get a take on her and each time she talks it's facinating.

We can only hope some persuasive publishers are listening cause this story could rival Life in sales and I'd be first in line to buy the hardcopy.

peace

Date: April 11, 2015 11:31

whitem8
I think the point is her income isn't limited because Keith is still her sugar daddy. So she probably has her own account he dumps cash into. He can afford it.

Exactly. In exchange for her not selling the only thing she has to sell - her memoirs of her life with Keith - Keith bought her flat and gives her an income. I imagine it was an easy choice - there are so many horrifying and truly discreditable episodes in Anita's past which she could not whitewash or omit in any memoir, it is better to remain silent for the sake of everyone, including her children.

Date: April 11, 2015 12:05

Bliss
whitem8

Exactly. In exchange for her not selling the only thing she has to sell - her memoirs of her life with Keith - Keith bought her flat and gives her an income. I imagine it was an easy choice - there are so many horrifying and truly discreditable episodes in Anita's past which she could not whitewash or omit in any memoir, it is better to remain silent for the sake of everyone, including her children.

Well if you (we) already know about all these horrifying and truly discrediting episodes no doubt everyone who is interested, including her children are already going to know. What's she going to do, further horrify and discredit herself? I think it could only humanize her story in a way that would somewhat paint her in a better light.

I also think Keith could care less whether she writes a book or not and that he just has enough love, decency and respect for grandma Anita that he would support her for life (it she needed it) regardless. She could tell plenty of interesting stories without revealing new stuff about Keith. Plenty of already public stuff which could just benefit from a bit of clarification and a women's perspective.

peace

Posted by: Plink ()
Date: April 11, 2015 12:33

Bliss
...In exchange for her not selling the only thing she has to sell - her memoirs of her life with Keith - Keith bought her flat and gives her an income....

Can you cite proof of this quid pro quo arrangement or are you making an assumption?

What you described bears a strong resemblance to blackmail. Your statement portrays Anita as an extortionist and Keith as a guy w/ something to hide who's paid her hush money for 35 years in order to keep her mouth shut. Not a nice accusation to make without supporting evidence. If you indeed have proof to bolster your claim, please share.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-11 12:34 by Plink.

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: April 11, 2015 15:17

I don't see the slightest evidence for the proposition that Keith has paid for Anita's silence (there is quite a lot of evidence that Mick has had to shell out a few times to stop Jerry's 'literary' efforts!) Anita does not seem to live particularly lavishly - her London property is in an expensive area but of modest size - and, as mother of his children, Keith would have had to provide her with a capital settlement when they split despite the lack of marriage. I greatly admire her reticence in refusing to rake in more money by selling stories of her/his past (ditto Bianca with Mick). Much as I have enjoyed reading Marianne, Marsha, and Jo's efforts, I think Anita and Bianca have chosen the classier path.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: April 12, 2015 01:37

If Keith helps support Anita that is his business. Seems the right thing to do given his income and their history. This would be a big relief for his children as well.

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: April 12, 2015 01:47

There is quite a lot (and interesting) Anita talk in an older book of mine: Blown away by A.E. Hotchner.
Just a few days ago I did some reading again.

"When Anita and Marianne speak . . we get the real story. We get the Beat".
book cover comment

BUT - extensive Cocaine/Heroin use can make for some real nasty scenes. Especially when children and family life is affected.I guess Anita doesn't want to dig to deep now.
Lots of pain - and shame . .?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-12 02:13 by CousinC.

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: April 12, 2015 12:54

Blown Away is not a good and trustworthy book at all. Hotchner lied about his revealing stuff about Brain's death. This is just tabloid crap.

So why believe the rest of the book is real and authentic?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-12 21:19 by GJV.

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: April 12, 2015 20:07

I'm talking about the many and long interview sequences . .

Date: April 12, 2015 20:34

I do not think it needs to be framed as blackmail or extortion. As both Jerry and Marianne have said, all any publisher of memoirs about the RS wants is dirt. The saga of Keith and Anita's life is truly hair-raising, if we believe others' accounts, eg, Spanish Tony. Far better for all concerned to let the past stay buried in the past. But Keith is extremely wealthy, Anita and he share a long history and children, and she needs financial support. We know that he bought her flat, and she stays at Redlands. I have read that Patty includes Anita in the family circle, so it seems clear that Keith and Anita have an amicable arrangement.

Date: April 12, 2015 21:33

Speaking of Jo's book, did she change the title of the book? Is this "Hey Jo" book the same as "It's only Rock and Roll- 30 Years Married to a Rolling Stone"?

peace

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: April 12, 2015 21:50

Naturalust
Speaking of Jo's book, did she change the title of the book? Is this "Hey Jo" book the same as "It's only Rock and Roll- 30 Years Married to a Rolling Stone"?

peace

It's the same book, also called, Hey Jo: A rock and roll fantasy, in the UK.

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: April 12, 2015 21:52

Did it start out being called
"Hey Jo where you goin with that gun in your hand?"

Date: April 12, 2015 23:28

latebloomer
Naturalust

peace

It's the same book, also called, Hey Jo: A rock and roll fantasy, in the UK.

wtf? A different title for every market? Or every time sales start to drag a bit? I could come up with some great chick jokes based on this one but I'll refrain in mixed company. grinning smiley

peace

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2155
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home